PDA

View Full Version : Paul Pierce explains some of his issues with ESPN.

Kblaze8855
09-07-2021, 02:49 PM
https://www.hostpic.org/images/2109080017350345.jpeg

Giving you an excuse to do exactly what he doesn’t want to do……talk about Lebron.

1987_Lakers
09-07-2021, 02:56 PM
Kudos to Pierce for not apologizing. Meanwhile we have John Cena apologizing to China for calling Taiwan a country. :oldlol:

FultzNationRISE
09-07-2021, 02:59 PM
None of what he “revealed” about ESPN comes as a surprise.

Altho Im disappointed he wasnt more careful to protect a position that pays him to talk about Lebron. Wtf was he thinking!?

rawimpact
09-07-2021, 04:03 PM
I'm no fan of Pierce but I can respect his take. But I just don't think it's a good look being close to 40 and posting shit like that knowing a lot of your followers are kids. But that's just me...

hold this L
09-07-2021, 04:48 PM
Not wise to post that with followers being kids like raw said. Can't really complain about anything else he said though. ESPN/Fox are obsessed and only talk about a few topics. It's repetitive and why I can only watch them in doses or around playoff time because they have to talk about every team.

tpols
09-07-2021, 04:57 PM
So he basically is admitting ESPN is a propaganda machine for Lebron.

fsvr54
09-07-2021, 05:16 PM
Kids barely know who Paul Pierce is.

tontoz
09-07-2021, 07:21 PM
Great player but not very good in the studio. Like anything you need some aptitude and commitment to be good at it and I didn't see either from him.

:oldlol: @ his LeBron comment. He showed open disdain for the Heatles when playing against them.

ELITEpower23
09-07-2021, 07:24 PM
So he basically is admitting ISH is a propaganda machine for Lebron.

Yes.

HBK_Kliq_2
09-07-2021, 07:37 PM
Exactly, why would he want to sit around and talk about a guy he dropped 41 points\73% TS on in a game 7

https://www.basketball-reference.com/boxscores/200805180BOS.html

Plus, divorced Pierce seems to be having a good time:

https://youtu.be/LWVgeIsdLGg

warriorfan
09-07-2021, 07:58 PM
ESPN sounds like insidehoops

Sportal
09-07-2021, 09:10 PM
ESPN sounds like insidehoops

I'm gonna have to report your post for the following:

Not talking about Jordan, not talking about LeBron, not talking about the Top10 and not including one of them in it.

SATAN
09-07-2021, 10:27 PM
Paul Pierce is just not good at tv. His personality seems kinda cringe worthy sometimes.

SATAN
09-07-2021, 10:27 PM
And ESPN is cancer.

DoctorP
09-07-2021, 10:45 PM
He would probably hate insidehoops and the dumb LeBron trolling

Reggie43
09-07-2021, 10:53 PM
Even during his playing days he looks like a guy that got by on the virtue of being more talented than most players.

Imagine him bringing that demeanor and attitude in another field where he doesnt have the same type of advantages over his peers

iamgine
09-07-2021, 11:06 PM
What a crybaby. Travel a lot, can't say a lot of things and talk about the topics the viewers want to hear about. I mean, isn't that every media job ever?

And then use the 'I din do nothin illegal' strawman. Holy crap.

LAL
09-08-2021, 04:16 AM
:oldlol: @ his LeBron comment. He showed open disdain for the Heatles when playing against them.

https://i.imgflip.com/3zkplu.jpg

imdaman99
09-08-2021, 09:57 AM
I think these guys that can get any woman they want... are better off single, or divorced. You tried to keep it in your pants while you were married... didn't work out because most of the women you meet want you. What a life :oldlol: of course some people want a meaningful life with a wife and kids. When they are rich, they don't really raise the kids so I don't know how much that could mean to them except to pass on their 'legacy'. Anyways, I digress. Live your best life Pierce. His takes were always terrible so I dunno how much I would miss him on tv.

GOBB
09-08-2021, 10:24 AM
Wait a lot of Paul pierce followers are kids? He retired 4 years ago. He was what 39? He was drafted 1998 which was 23 years ago. What kids are following Paul Pierce? That’s a pretty bad take you dudes have here. And it’s funny because in general kids are talked about not knowing or having seen players from the past. And yet they follow them on IG? Nah.

You dudes overthinking a simple case here. He was on social media portraying things that ESPN didn’t want to be represented by them. He’s a face for ESPN and he was indulging in private activities that shouldn’t have been made public especially on social media. The end.

ralph_i_el
09-08-2021, 10:42 AM
Lol Disney is mad that Pierce is hanging out with adult women. They were distributing Bryan Singer (widely known pedo) movies until like....a year ago.

Derka
09-08-2021, 10:59 AM
Unrelated Paul Pierce anecdote: a dude I worked with during the Paul/KG/Ray/Rondo years, who was himself a Celtics fan and was openly bisexual once swore to me, and I am 100% certain that there was not an ounce of joke in his tone whatsoever, that Truth was on the down low and that he saw him sneaking around in some of Boston's more discreet gay clubs in the early 00's with his own eyes.

Had a hard time buying it because it just didn't seem to me like something like that could stay secret in a city like Boston for very long where sports figures are so revered. On the other hand, my co-worker had zero reason to make that up and he never brought it up again. It was just a "I could totally tell you a funny Paul Pierce story..." moment that occurred when we were just shooting the shit about ball.

Lebowski
09-08-2021, 11:34 AM
Its somewhat funny that out of those Celtic teams Pierce and Garnett turned out to be the biggest plonkers. They should do us all a favor, stay away from TV.

DoctorP
09-08-2021, 01:15 PM
Lol Disney is mad that Pierce is hanging out with adult women. They were distributing Bryan Singer (widely known pedo) movies until like....a year ago.

Singer hasnt been prosecuted but I do get your point. No way they will shelve those xmen movies or the Queen movie if they want to stay profitable.

Wally450
09-08-2021, 01:28 PM
I'm no fan of Pierce but I can respect his take. But I just don't think it's a good look being close to 40 and posting shit like that knowing a lot of your followers are kids. But that's just me...

How do we know most of his followers are kids?

warriorfan
09-08-2021, 01:36 PM

:roll:

Derka
09-08-2021, 02:23 PM
Its somewhat funny that out of those Celtic teams Pierce and Garnett turned out to be the biggest plonkers. They should do us all a favor, stay away from TV.

Apparently they're developing a podcast together :lol

Bronbron23
09-08-2021, 02:24 PM

Yeah his point is dumb. Sure lots of people do what he did. They don't post the shit though for the reasons u brought up and more.

DoctorP
09-08-2021, 04:05 PM

Just read the Singer files. The accusers stories seem shaky at best.

GOBB
09-08-2021, 08:57 PM

Kendrick Perkins should’ve been the first on list