PDA

View Full Version : its kind of silly how people don't have Jordan/Kobe/Lebron 1,2,3 all time.

Kenny Griffin
09-08-2021, 12:05 AM
theyre all people talk about

i hate lebron and think hes like 11th or so all time but hes obviously not behind hakeem. my opinion is obviously biased.

99% of threads/discussions center around 3 guys and have for a decade+

nobody gives a damn about kareem, nobody gives a damn about magic, nobody gives a damn about bird.

literally the only time these players are brought up is when someones making an all time list and a lebron fan wants to place a ton of guys ahead of kobe

but if they actually feared kareem or magic then thats the guy they would be trashing every day all day wasting their lives away in a futile attempt to trigger or change peoples minds

its pointless. the top 3 players ever are Jordan, Kobe and Lebron

you can nitpick jordans range, record without pippen or kobe winning his first 3 with shaq or taking bad shots or lebron cheating, roiding, colluding, quitting, avoiding pressure, playing in a weak era etc...

the fact is hes got a huge following and when they polled players in the nba jordan got the most votes for goat and kobe/lebron both got 10% each

its why kobe and lebron fans attack each other the most and neither really wants to engage with jordan fans. we know hes untouchable. kobe fans know its not attainable and lebron fans have a glimmer of hope if lebron wins 7 and people forget about jordan but odds are jordans legacy only grows because of documentaries like the last dance and future productions to come reminding people of what he did.

its possible lebron ends up ahead of kobe but right now its pretty much split between players taking kobe, writers taking lebron and fans being split 50/50

its pointless to debate anymore and i dunno how you guys continue to do it. i've gotten so sick of it because its literally the same discussion every single day. the same copy and paste jobs. you guys need to get a family or some friends. i used to be a loser like you guys too. every day for a decade i was online debating people but after your guy retires all thats left is this. theres no more games to talk about. no more hope for more accomplishments. basically you just wait for them to enter the hall of fame or die. and then literally all your 20 years of time invested was worth going forward is debating a dozen or so trolls on a message board and thats really pathetic. so i'm letting my guard down and acknowledging lebron as being in the discussion with kobe as the 2nd/3rd best ever and its probably a coin flip and it all depends on what you value more. theres arguments for both sides. so keep trashing kobe every day and flooding this place with threads about your enemy. it means kobe is THAT GUY for you. maybe one day you guys will step up to MJ. till then have a good one

i might be back for the finals next year to hate on lebron and wish for him to fail. i don't want him getting #5. see yeah losers

i have a life to live

Kenny Griffin
09-08-2021, 12:22 AM
hey how come you guys aren't happy i put lebron top 3? you should all be celebrating

wait. i guess my message hit home. oh well. sorry about that guys

FultzNationRISE
09-08-2021, 12:23 AM
https://media.giphy.com/media/l0ExncehJzexFpRHq/giphy.gif?cid=790b7611359d19c3e3baa6b8d66a3ab1e5d6 2738823ee697&rid=giphy.gif&ct=g
https://www.symbols.com/images/symbol/5528_dash.png
https://media.giphy.com/media/26gsjCWitFy3euTeM/giphy.gif?cid=790b7611682c889e20cb729da2b323103839 824b04f51441&rid=giphy.gif&ct=g

Kenny Griffin
09-08-2021, 12:25 AM
https://media.giphy.com/media/l0ExncehJzexFpRHq/giphy.gif?cid=790b7611359d19c3e3baa6b8d66a3ab1e5d6 2738823ee697&rid=giphy.gif&ct=g
https://www.symbols.com/images/symbol/5528_dash.png
https://media.giphy.com/media/26gsjCWitFy3euTeM/giphy.gif?cid=790b7611682c889e20cb729da2b323103839 824b04f51441&rid=giphy.gif&ct=g

lebron is amazing. i think hes a top 3 goat. don't waste anymore time bro. get a girl and start a family. don't spend any more time on here. i wasted my life. you don't have to do the same

coastalmarker99
09-08-2021, 12:29 AM
lebron is amazing. i think hes a top 3 goat. don't waste anymore time bro. get a girl and start a family. don't spend any more time on here. i wasted my life. you don't have to do the same

Kenny you don't have to work I think and you also own a house so that is pretty good.

And you still have a ton of time left in your life to do the things you want to do.

MadDog
09-08-2021, 12:44 AM
Its weird that you're projecting your poor life choices, and conflating that with a literal basketball opinion. You can live your life to the absolute fullest, and still not have Kobe or LeBron top 3. :oldlol: Everything is subjective. Talking ball sounds like the least of your problems.

RRR3
09-08-2021, 12:51 AM
Most popular doesn’t equal best. Kenny at it again.

HBK_Kliq_2
09-08-2021, 12:53 AM
Kawhi is the smarter, more efficient, better version of kobe.

"Bigger, stronger, better" i think is the term.

Kenny Griffin
09-08-2021, 02:07 AM
Most popular doesn’t equal best. Kenny at it again.

has nothing to do with popularity. it has to do with negativity. the best players ever bring on the most negative attention

if every single lebron fan hates kobe and spends their entire lives trying to prove he isn't as good as lebron is then that means he's on the same level or above. you people still talk more about kobe than jordan. that means you still feel lebron has something to prove before he takes on MJ.

the best players ever have the most haters. its a fact. kareem used to be insanely hated by people before jordan took his goat spot and kobe/lebron also become more polarizing. people loathed kareem for a long time. now nobody makes a peep about the guy.

its not about fans. its about haters. kobe/jordan/lebron have by far the most fans AND haters and its a given that lebron fans spend more time obsessing over kobes faults than lebrons own successes

you guys have to get over it like i have. its such a waste of time. i call out 3ball all the time for being an idiot addressing lebron fans. hes the only MJ fan that actually gives you guys the time of day. he does jordan a disservice by engaging with you people. he says its because he loves debating but its obvious he fears lebron. he really shouldn't

you guys don't have to waste your primes like me. kobe/lebron and MJ are where its at and nobody else really holds a candle to them.

you guys probly won't let your guards down like i have just yet. you still feel threatened and hold onto hope. i just hope a lot of you guys aren't already in your 30's

hateraid
09-08-2021, 06:56 AM
These basketball rankings prove media can brainwash you into any opinion.

Phoenix
09-08-2021, 07:26 AM
Kinda silly trying to sneak Kobe in there. Top 8-12 at best.

SouBeachTalents
09-08-2021, 07:28 AM
No it's not. There's literally no criteria; statistical output, advanced metrics, accolades, peak performance, longevity, etc. that would put Kobe top 3.

Kenny Griffin
09-08-2021, 11:52 AM
No it's not. There's literally no criteria; statistical output, advanced metrics, accolades, peak performance, longevity, etc. that would put Kobe top 3.

you make him top 3 by obsessing over him every day of your life

you are your own undoing

its because a ton of people respect kobe more than lebron and it eats you up inside. it will ruin your prime and when lebrons retired youl be all alone wondering what it was all for

I can make an argument that lebron isn't top 10 too. like I said it's how much you respect someone's success and ability. you can nitpick any all time great

but it's not worth it. lebron is top 3 all time with jordan and kobe because those are the only 3 guys people fear

ralph_i_el
09-08-2021, 12:44 PM
Not my fault that casuals are casual. Kareem has a legit case for #1. Kobe barely has a case for top #10. IDC what dumbass hypebeasts fight over.

Kenny Griffin
09-08-2021, 12:59 PM
Not my fault that casuals are casual. Kareem has a legit case for #1. Kobe barely has a case for top #10. IDC what dumbass hypebeasts fight over.

ask 1000 people who the goat is and 800 will say jordan. 100 will say kobe and 100 will say lebron

Kareem has no case for goat because he was a boring big man with one go to move and never really moved the needle. his prime was during the nbas lowest point. resumes aren't everything

if lebron fans actually thought Kareem was that good they would be bashing him all day instead of kobe

and if you actually believed kobe wasn't top 10 you wouldn't spend all day every day trying to convince yourself of it

Pip' N Rodman
09-08-2021, 01:14 PM
ask 1000 people who the goat is and 800 will say jordan. 100 will say kobe and 100 will say lebron

Kareem has no case for goat because he was a boring big man with one go to move and never really moved the needle. his prime was during the nbas lowest point. resumes aren't everything

if lebron fans actually thought Kareem was that good they would be bashing him all day instead of kobe

and if you actually believed kobe wasn't top 10 you wouldn't spend all day every day trying to convince yourself of it

Rank them by 30 point triple doubles...

Phoenix
09-08-2021, 05:42 PM

Sure, if you poll 1000 people born in 1985 or later and think basketball started in 2000. Otherwise, Kareem will get more votes than Kobe from anyone with a basic understanding of the game's legacy.

3ba11
09-08-2021, 06:14 PM
MJ/Kobe won without a 3rd all-star teammate (less help) because they possessed the skill to produce without dominating the ball, which allowed the best team strategy of ball movement and higher team ceilings/Finals records as the end result..

Specifically, the superior skillset that Jordan/Kobe possessed was elite jumpshooting skill to play off-ball or score quickly and also pure scoring ability in the #1 option role, aka instinctive, ad-hoc, off-the-cuff - these qualities allowed MJ/Kobe to produce while the ball moved (best team strategy), which allowed the best team ceilings/Finals records..

Otoh, lebron is the opposite of all this and mechanical/slow by comparison - he's a ball-dominant frontcourt player that yields low team strategy (low ball movment/low team assists).. Specifically, he starts and forward but then becomes a 2nd point guard on the floor, which gives teammates less hold-time and assists then they get in normal 1-PG lineups - lower teammate assists results in low TEAM assists and a low ball movement brand that gets trounced on the championship level.

Full Court
09-08-2021, 08:22 PM

Bad argument, because the Lebron nutthuggers on here are borderline mentally handicapped.

There's no good case for Kobe being top 3. Shaq was the #1 guy on the Lakers for three of Kobe's titles even. And yes, Bird and Magic are both ahead of Kobe all time. They're ahead of Lebron too.