warriorfan
09-08-2021, 02:45 PM
Op with another one. :roll:

imdaman99
09-08-2021, 02:49 PM
Let's get it Knicks fam :banana:

tontoz
09-08-2021, 03:59 PM
https://hosting.photobucket.com/albums/g195/tontoz/.highres/images_zpsnqqsulgp.jpeg

Phoenix
09-08-2021, 05:38 PM
https://www.history.com/.image/ar_16:9%2Cc_fill%2Ccs_srgb%2Cfl_progressive%2Cg_fa ces:center%2Cq_auto:good%2Cw_768/MTgyMzgzODY0NDk1MjIwMDQw/nile-river-gettyimages-1161692416.jpg

JohnMax
09-08-2021, 06:41 PM
https://youtube.com/watch?v=dggEcP87uI4

ArbitraryWater
09-08-2021, 07:23 PM
He is but this is ish and ppl like to clown op

op can be very stupid but he's right here

kuniva_dAMiGhTy
09-08-2021, 08:20 PM
What's your definition of among the best?

I do agree that Rose is underrated, and off the bench will give most teams a spark. I like that he understands how to pace himself now. Rose's herky-jerky style was fun to watch, but these days he is a more controlled and poised player.

kawhileonard2
09-08-2021, 11:59 PM
Wish he never got hurt, Bulls may have gotten to finals from 2012-2014.

Wally450
09-09-2021, 09:19 AM
Wish he never got hurt, Bulls may have gotten to finals from 2012-2014.

2011 was their best chance and they got gentlemens swept by the Heat. That wasn't even the best version of the Heat. Would've fallen to Miami in the ECF from 2011 to 2014.

Pointguard
09-09-2021, 11:11 AM
2011 was their best chance and they got gentlemens swept by the Heat. That wasn't even the best version of the Heat. Would've fallen to Miami in the ECF from 2011 to 2014.

That wasn't a gentleman's sweep by any measure. Boozer and Noah weren't playing in the fourth quarters. Thibes was a brand new coach and couldn't break a trap. They had the youngest bench in the league and despite the lies on these boards, not one of those young bench player could develope into a consistent starter. They would have likely gotten a star next to Rose and some real talent. With the Heat's collapse after just going gung-ho at Rose - they would have had another collapse in them somewhere. Rose and Deng alone should not have gotten that close.

Rose was easily the best point guard in the age of great point guards (and they are all practically the same age) before the injury. Not one of them was close to winning ROY or MVP before Rose's injury. He still can control the pace of the game as good as any of them and has adapted to the loss of explosion very well. He's still in the league of the best PGs and did a ton for the Knicks in their turn around.

Patrick Chewing
09-09-2021, 12:33 PM
The people that talk on these videos need to go to a language expert. Their voices are terrible.

PeroAntic
09-09-2021, 06:56 PM
What's your definition of among the best?

The vid pretty much explains it. If people don't believe the eye test, then the numbers are unequivocal.

RRR3
09-09-2021, 07:58 PM
The vid pretty much explains it. If people don't believe the eye test, then the numbers are unequivocal.
Way to dodge the question.

CountDracula
09-09-2021, 08:29 PM
The War is over Rosie, go with God brother, go with God!

https://i.ibb.co/CWRQnWs/220-DD647-5-C97-489-D-ADEE-1-A098-FD85-DC6.jpg (https://ibb.co/Ptqg5tz)

https://i.ibb.co/4Z7QRp2/F6-C5-A68-D-5-DD0-4922-B791-6-A6-EEF0-A4971.jpg (https://ibb.co/5W67hLk)

https://i.ibb.co/0XPY1VZ/90-D32-A9-B-274-E-4-D4-F-9987-7-CFCBAB7712-D.gif (https://imgbb.com/)

https://i.ibb.co/hmBbfbT/DE0-D1306-0-F31-4-A55-B714-443907-CCE056.jpg (https://ibb.co/bKsTJTG)

PeroAntic
09-09-2021, 09:46 PM
Way to dodge the question.

Am I supposed to put in writing what the guy in the video talks about? Rose's impact is undeniable and he excels at every aspect of the game.

kuniva_dAMiGhTy
09-09-2021, 09:49 PM
Am I supposed to put in writing what the guy in the video talks about? Rose's impact is undeniable and he excels at every aspect of the game.

Well you claimed its proof, as in what you've been saying.

Other opinions aside, where do YOU rank him? What exactly is among the best?

PeroAntic
09-09-2021, 10:15 PM
Well you claimed its proof, as in what you've been saying.

Other opinions aside, where do YOU rank him? What exactly is among the best?
Hes a top 10-15 pg in the league. Competition is great in this era, no doubt about that. pg position is stacked with talent. but people were saying Rose shouldn't be in the league, and the man is in many ways even better than his pre injury years. Hes more efficient and just as fun to watch.

btw Rose for Smith Jr was the most lopsided trade ever.

Axe
09-09-2021, 11:56 PM
The same heat team who defeated boston in the semifinals.

Axe
09-09-2021, 11:57 PM
Anyway please stop fooling us op.

RRR3
09-10-2021, 01:33 AM
Hes a top 10-15 pg in the league. Competition is great in this era, no doubt about that. pg position is stacked with talent. but people were saying Rose shouldn't be in the league, and the man is in many ways even better than his pre injury years. Hes more efficient and just as fun to watch.

Even if we accepted your ranking for him that wouldn’t make him “one of the best players in the league” in the traditional sense. He has zero case for being a top 10 PG btw

ralph_i_el
09-10-2021, 10:28 AM
He was definitely a 6th man of the year candidate last year. His per-minute stats were borderline all-star level. His ratio of scoring efficiency to usage to turnover rate was really good. The Knicks had an almost neutral +/- when he sat, and had the point differential of a top-5 team when he was on the court. He passed the eye test imo...he can definitely still score and has a very savvy and skilled game off the dribble even minus the vertical explosiveness he once had. He also shot really well on spot up 3's. It's nice to see, you hate to think that an all-time talent like that would just disappear for good after those injuries.

He was tied for 11th in PER with Ben Simmons for point guards. He put up very similar stats of Mike Conley, who had one of his best seasons. I'd say that he's a top-15 point guard right now, in the 10-15 range. His game is well-suited to coming off the bench and leading the bench offense. He kind of reminds me of a quicker and savvier Jarrett Jack right now.

edit: I just checked....Rose shot 55% from 10ft-16ft, and almost 51% from 16ft-3point line. WOW. That's literally prime MJ efficiency from those ranges. He lowkey almost had a 50/40/90 season (49/41/88..close!!!)

ShawkFactory
09-10-2021, 10:46 AM

So he’s..about average then?

Maybe don’t start with “among the best in the league” :lol

PeroAntic
09-10-2021, 12:11 PM
So he’s..about average then?

Maybe don’t start with “among the best in the league” :lol

Top 10-15 best point guards in the world is 'average'? In this competition? Are you stupid?

PeroAntic
09-10-2021, 12:13 PM
He was definitely a 6th man of the year candidate last year. His per-minute stats were borderline all-star level. His ratio of scoring efficiency to usage to turnover rate was really good. The Knicks had an almost neutral +/- when he sat, and had the point differential of a top-5 team when he was on the court. He passed the eye test imo...he can definitely still score and has a very savvy and skilled game off the dribble even minus the vertical explosiveness he once had. He also shot really well on spot up 3's. It's nice to see, you hate to think that an all-time talent like that would just disappear for good after those injuries.

He was tied for 11th in PER with Ben Simmons for point guards. He put up very similar stats of Mike Conley, who had one of his best seasons. I'd say that he's a top-15 point guard right now, in the 10-15 range. His game is well-suited to coming off the bench and leading the bench offense. He kind of reminds me of a quicker and savvier Jarrett Jack right now.

edit: I just checked....Rose shot 55% from 10ft-16ft, and almost 51% from 16ft-3point line. WOW. That's literally prime MJ efficiency from those ranges. He lowkey almost had a 50/40/90 season (49/41/88..close!!!)

Its the truth. The video goes into other aspects of his game that are elite. But casuals cant handle their media generated narratives to be questioned. 'Rose is finished, its not 2011 anymore' lol

RRR3
09-10-2021, 01:15 PM
Top 10-15 best point guards in the world is 'average'? In this competition? Are you stupid?
If he’s 15th he’d be about average for a starter. Not seeing a case for him over Curry, Harden (Kyrie is a SG now), Luka, Lillard, CP3, Trae, Conley, Lowry, Murray (when healthy), Jrue, or Fox. So at absolute best he’d be 12th. Then you have guys like Westbrook, Ben Simmons, Kemba, LaMelo, Lonzo, Brogdon, Reggie Jackson, Fred VanVleet and Ja Morant. If WB can get get his FTs back to 80% he’s clearly better than Rose. So is Kemba if he can get back to his 2020 form. And I doubt LaMelo or Morant will be debatable with him for much longer. Don’t think there’s honestly that great a case for him to be top 15 given his defensive issues and lack of spacing.

ShawkFactory
09-10-2021, 02:13 PM

If you’re the 15th best PG..out of 30 starting PGs? You’re about average as an NBA PG.

Obviously we aren’t talking about just basketball players in general...

kuniva_dAMiGhTy
09-10-2021, 02:42 PM

I wouldnt put him top 10, but somewhere around 15 is fair.

Rose not being good enough for the league is a horrible take. Kinda like the clowns who said Melo was no longer an NBA player.

If his role is to simply come off the bench, Rose would be a good fit anywhere.

PeroAntic
09-10-2021, 03:00 PM
If he’s 15th he’d be about average for a starter. Not seeing a case for him over Curry, Harden (Kyrie is a SG now), Luka, Lillard, CP3, Trae, Conley, Lowry, Murray (when healthy), Jrue, or Fox. So at absolute best he’d be 12th. Then you have guys like Westbrook, Ben Simmons, Kemba, LaMelo, Lonzo, Brogdon, Reggie Jackson, Fred VanVleet and Ja Morant. If WB can get get his FTs back to 80% he’s clearly better than Rose. So is Kemba if he can get back to his 2020 form. And I doubt LaMelo or Morant will be debatable with him for much longer. Don’t think there’s honestly that great a case for him to be top 15 given his defensive issues and lack of spacing.

He has a case over everyone except Curry, Lillard, CP3, Trae, Kyrie and Holiday. Everyone else is debatable, even though I would pribably give a slight edge to Conley and Lowry due to defense. Fox is taking the Kings nowhere, Murray profits a lot from Jokic being the basketball genius that he is, Lonzo and Reggie Jackson don't have a case over Rose, Simmons can't shoot for shit, Kemba's efficiency is terrible and now hes a crock, Westbrook's efficiency is terrible and hes a statpadding retard, Morant and Lamelo are kids, and Brogdon and Van Vleet are dependable players but complementary pieces that can't really put the team on their back like Rose can.

Apart from the first six, everybody else has some flaw in their game, but Rose doesn't seem to have one at this point. I don't know why its so hard for people to accept and admit that Rose is still great. They will go to all kinds of lenghts to argue that he is not. I get that he's been MVP ten years ago so hes always going to be held against that standard, but if hes not THE best anymore it doesnt mean hes not AMONG the best. kblaze is right, people are just going into extremes, its either black or white.

Manny98
09-10-2021, 03:15 PM
He doesn't have the motor anymore to play 35 minutes a night

But off the bench in a 6th man type of role he's the best in the NBA

RRR3
09-10-2021, 04:37 PM
He has a case over everyone except Curry, Lillard, CP3, Trae, Kyrie and Holiday. Everyone else is debatable, even though I would pribably give a slight edge to Conley and Lowry due to defense. Fox is taking the Kings nowhere, Murray profits a lot from Jokic being the basketball genius that he is, Lonzo and Reggie Jackson don't have a case over Rose, Simmons can't shoot for shit, Kemba's efficiency is terrible and now hes a crock, Westbrook's efficiency is terrible and hes a statpadding retard, Morant and Lamelo are kids, and Brogdon and Van Vleet are dependable players but complementary pieces that can't really put the team on their back like Rose can.

Apart from the first six, everybody else has some flaw in their game, but Rose doesn't seem to have one at this point. I don't know why its so hard for people to accept and admit that Rose is still great. They will go to all kinds of lenghts to argue that he is not. I get that he's been MVP ten years ago so hes always going to be held against that standard, but if hes not THE best anymore it doesnt mean hes not AMONG the best. kblaze is right, people are just going into extremes, its either black or white.
Saying Rose has any case over Lowry or Conley is something a retard would say.

Pointguard
09-10-2021, 05:16 PM
Saying Rose has any case over Lowry or Conley is something a retard would say.

He does have a case. Rose thoroughly outplayed Lowry last year. And he's alway had a way with Conley even when injured. Lowry and Conley are not the guys they were two years ago. They are more like exceptional role players now.

TAZORAC
09-10-2021, 10:03 PM
Rose isn't even a top 15 PG. Define what "among the best in the game" is?

PeroAntic
09-12-2021, 07:27 PM
Its absolutely idiotic logic to say 'if Rose is top 15, then hes average because theres 30 teams in the league'. It doesnt work like that because this is ATG competition. Imagine the best 30 centers in history playing in the same season for a different team. Would you say that the 30 best is not an ATG player because hes the worst in the league? just ridiculous logic

Axe
09-12-2021, 08:03 PM
Unfortunately, rose's resume and credentials are lacking compared to the likes of other pgs like kyrie irving, russell westbrook and even stephen curry. I know it hurts deeply op but it is what it is.

RRR3
09-12-2021, 08:09 PM
He does have a case. Rose thoroughly outplayed Lowry last year. And he's alway had a way with Conley even when injured. Lowry and Conley are not the guys they were two years ago. They are more like exceptional role players now.
:facepalm

Insanely idiotic comment.

Pointguard
09-12-2021, 11:49 PM
:facepalm

Insanely idiotic comment.

Now you have lost any semblemce of credence. Rose flipped a team that finished 4th in the conference and meant more to wins than anybody else on the team. There is definitely not two players that are better than him on the team. He is clearly the best guard on his team. Has a better middle, long distance, and penetrating game than Conley and Lowry. Was better at clutch moments and carrying his team than Conley or Lowry. Is the leader and mentor of his winning team.

Lowry was on a team collapse that finished 12th in the conferrence. Misses a lot of shots. Is arguably the third best on a the team built around Siakim. He passes better than the other two. And can make foul shots a tiny bit better than Conley. Is the leader and mentor of his losing team.

Conley is the best defensive player of the bunch. He is the mentor on his winning team. He is slower moving than the other two.

You aren't looking too good.

RRR3
09-13-2021, 12:01 AM
Rose stans ignoring all statistical data as usual. Typical.

Pointguard
09-13-2021, 01:52 AM

I said long distance. You got the opportunity to do statistical diligence. Why is it that I know you won't?

I said Midrange game. You are just going to shut down.

I said penetrator. Don't really need the stats for that one, but I doubt you watch games as this humiliation continues its obvious you don't. Isn't this the usual course of a guy trying to sound derogoratory but can't defend what he stood up for? Stay down dude, the convo is over your head.

The stats in the OP cover his winning impact? Or perhaps you don't know that. Stand up for yourself.

09-13-2021, 05:50 AM
:facepalm:facepalm:facepalm:facepalm

PeroAntic
09-13-2021, 07:02 AM

The op video is full of statistical data which you seem to be ignoring.