PDA

View Full Version : NBA betting: Huge bet comes in on Lakers to miss playoffs

JohnMax
09-09-2021, 03:56 PM
https://sports.yahoo.com/nba-betting-huge-bet-comes-in-on-le-bron-james-lakers-to-miss-playoffs-193849715.html

The Lakers are one of the betting favorites to win the title next year, listed at +400 behind only the Brooklyn Nets at +240. However, according to BetMGM, one bettor wagered $10,000 on the Lakers to miss the playoffs entirely next season.

With odds of +1600, the bettor would win $160,000 if the Lakers indeed miss the postseason for the second time since James left Cleveland for L.A.

After the bet was placed, BetMGM moved the odds for the Lakers missing the playoffs down to +1400. The odds for the Lakers making the playoffs are listed at -5000.

Yeah, this bet is considered a long shot.

HBK_Kliq_2
09-09-2021, 04:03 PM
It depends on if Anthony Davis is healthy, he's the best player on the team these days. A healthy Anthony Davis can overcome the garbage of Westbrook\Carmello and make them a 48-52 win type team. Even healthy i don't see them as good as these teams:

- bucks
- nets
- clippers with kawhi
- warriors with klay

and even suns give them a run for their money, as well as nuggets with Murray.

In other words, they are not legit contenders.

Thenameless
09-09-2021, 04:39 PM
I'll be very happy for this person if they win, but that sounds like a very unlikely scenario. Having a Big 3 and a strong supporting cast allows them to withstand an injury to one of their three stars. This guy is basically betting that two of Lebron, Davis, or Westbrook is injured for an extended period, and that the rest of the team can't take up the slack. I mean guys like Nunn, Monk, Ellington, Howard, and Carmelo aren't exactly useless here.

Airupthere
09-09-2021, 04:40 PM
It depends on if Anthony Davis is healthy, he's the best player on the team these days. A healthy Anthony Davis can overcome the garbage of Westbrook\Carmello and make them a 48-52 win type team. Even healthy i don't see them as good as these teams:

- bucks
- nets
- clippers with kawhi
- warriors with klay

and even suns give them a run for their money, as well as nuggets with Murray.

In other words, they are not legit contenders.

This. AD will be the determining factor.

FultzNationRISE
09-09-2021, 04:52 PM
LeMindGames made that bet anonymously, knowing the story would leak and motivate his teammates.

If he suffers a serious injury and somehow ends up winning the bet inadvertently, he will donate the money to charity.

#LeHedge
#Le5-Dchess

kuniva_dAMiGhTy
09-09-2021, 05:12 PM
Their expectations are finals bound, but the more time passes, the more questions I have about their health.

Bron will be 37 and AD as we know is injury prone. If there is one guy who will Westbrook will listen to its Bron. Still, they're not adjusting to one another overnight. That's gonna take more time.

Being knocked out before the finals? I can see that. Missing the playoffs would be a stretch though.

ralph_i_el
09-09-2021, 05:14 PM
That's just a bet that LeBron AND AD miss half the season+. Not actually that long a shot imo, I see the logic when you get odds like that. That's not to say they aren't top-3 title favorites, they just have a high ceiling and low floor. That's what happens when you go all in on two guys.

bladefd
09-09-2021, 09:51 PM
Their expectations are finals bound, but the more time passes, the more questions I have about their health.

Bron will be 37 and AD as we know is injury prone. If there is one guy who will Westbrook will listen to its Bron. Still, they're not adjusting to one another overnight. That's gonna take more time.

Being knocked out before the finals? I can see that. Missing the playoffs would be a stretch though.

Bron/AD will play limited minutes early on. They can afford it considering they are 3 deep for every position with several players who can play multiple positions.

As we near playoffs, I expect several injuries, but there will be the trade deadline/cuts to re-up. As long as Bron/AD/Westbrook are healthy entering playoffs, Lakers will be fine.

kuniva_dAMiGhTy
09-09-2021, 10:00 PM
Bron/AD will play limited minutes early on. They can afford it considering they are 3 deep for every position with several players who can play multiple positions.

As we near playoffs, I expect several injuries, but there will be the trade deadline/cuts to re-up. As long as Bron/AD/Westbrook are healthy entering playoffs, Lakers will be fine.

I like their shooters. Nunn and Monk are nice, but because of his defense, Bazemore (also a good 3PT shooter) will get a lot of PT as well.

If it's not working out by the deadline, you think LA would move Brook and/or Melo?

ELITEpower23
09-09-2021, 10:33 PM
Against all odds...Here we go again

https://thunderousintentions.com/wp-content/uploads/getty-images/2017/09/153310897-oklahoma-city-thunder-media-day.jpg.jpg

https://i.postimg.cc/d3M23xv0/Le-Bron-3-1-King.jpg

https://i.postimg.cc/SNrGFzP8/i_want_my_damn_respec.png

bladefd
09-10-2021, 02:30 AM
I like their shooters. Nunn and Monk are nice, but because of his defense, Bazemore (also a good 3PT shooter) will get a lot of PT as well.

If it's not working out by the deadline, you think LA would move Brook and/or Melo?

They have tons of minimums. Short of LeBron/AD/Westbrook, they will all be trade bait. If Westbrook experiment doesn't work, I suspect they will wait until the summer to move him.

Spurs m8
09-10-2021, 03:14 AM
Let's hope LeWashed doesn't injure his vag again..

And doesn't pound AD too hard from behind

oldtimer28
09-10-2021, 03:41 AM
https://sports.yahoo.com/nba-betting-huge-bet-comes-in-on-le-bron-james-lakers-to-miss-playoffs-193849715.html

The Lakers are one of the betting favorites to win the title next year, listed at +400 behind only the Brooklyn Nets at +240. However, according to BetMGM, one bettor wagered $10,000 on the Lakers to miss the playoffs entirely next season.

With odds of +1600, the bettor would win $160,000 if the Lakers indeed miss the postseason for the second time since James left Cleveland for L.A.

After the bet was placed, BetMGM moved the odds for the Lakers missing the playoffs down to +1400. The odds for the Lakers making the playoffs are listed at -5000.

Is it just me or isn't 10,000 x 1,600 = $1.6 million - significantly more than $160,000

Cyrus334
09-10-2021, 03:55 AM
So they're essentially hoping a combination of Bron, AD, and Russ are injured for the season because that's the bare minumum on what it would take for the Lakers to miss the playoffs.

FultzNationRISE
09-10-2021, 07:42 AM
Let's hope LeWashed doesn't injure his vag again..

And doesn't pound AD too hard from behind

Do you have a problem bro?

Because we can square up, if you wanna settle this shit like men...

hold this L
09-10-2021, 11:46 AM
There is less than a 1% chance Lakers miss the playoffs.

09-11-2021, 02:38 PM
Is it just me or isn't 10,000 x 1,600 = $1.6 million - significantly more than $160,000
No because that's not how moneyline odds work lol. Also 10,000 times 1,600 is 16 million.

+1600 means you get 16 dollars for each one you bet

Jasper
09-12-2021, 11:12 AM

why not if you have the cash to fling , you might have a 'BING'
----------
I'd say the worst case scenario is an exit second round.

Manny98
09-12-2021, 11:15 AM
LeBron is out of the top 50 if he misses the playoffs with this team

Anything less than a finals appearance would be a blow to his legacy

If he's the GOAT then he has to live to those extremely high standards