PDA

View Full Version : Does John Wall need to retire?

TAZORAC
09-10-2021, 10:07 PM
Hasn't been able to stay on the court for the last 4-5 seasons. Lost his explosiveness and has never been a shooter. Should he just retire?

Or does he have to be FORCED TO RETIRE, like Marc Gasol?

CTbasketball92
09-10-2021, 10:12 PM
Hasn't been able to stay on the court for the last 4-5 seasons. Lost his explosiveness and has never been a shooter. Should he just retire?

He def didn't lose his explosiveness, and I have a feeling he and the Rockets just punted the end of the season because there was no point. Everyone got injured at the same time, Harden left, no real continuity, etc. It's just wack.

HylianNightmare
09-11-2021, 05:15 AM
Didn't he average like 20 and 7 last year. Dude just needs a healthy team around him and they'd be decent. Or go to a stacked team and collude

09-11-2021, 04:09 PM
He needs to go to the Lakers.

tontoz
09-11-2021, 04:30 PM
No way here retires with that contract. He'd be walking away from $90 million.

Jasper
09-12-2021, 11:10 AM
No way here retires with that contract. He'd be walking away from $90 million.

I actually feel sorry for him not to even sniff a ring.
I put him in the George Hill class ..... super athletic guy , that ball his ass over anyone , but put on junk teams.
If Wall was on a two star team , and he was the third option he would push them to a ring for SURE !!!
I have a lot of respect for him.

Bronbron23
09-12-2021, 11:21 AM

No but he needs to be willing to come off the bench on a contender if he wants to win.

ralph_i_el
09-12-2021, 02:04 PM
He definitely has a place on a winning team. If he ever put effort into moving off the ball he could fit in a lot more situations. When he was a rookie and the Wizards were experimenting with him they gave him more chances to face up with the triple threat inside the arc. It looked good, and I always wondered why he stopped. I hope he studies some DWade from the Big-3 era and see a guy who really leveraged athletecism into offball gravity.

beasted
09-12-2021, 02:36 PM
This thread is hyperbole like everything in ISH.

Wall isn't close to worth $30M, but also is even further away from a guy that should retire. He's definitely starter material and a ton of teams would line up to sign him if he obtained a buyout.

He's not going too get any more all-star appearances even with the right team, but he can still be an impact player.

Jasper
09-13-2021, 10:19 AM
This thread is hyperbole like everything in ISH.

Wall isn't close to worth $30M, but also is even further away from a guy that should retire. He's definitely starter material and a ton of teams would line up to sign him if he obtained a buyout.

He's not going too get any more all-star appearances even with the right team, but he can still be an impact player.

he is an impact player , but never fundamentally used correctly in each franchise he has played for..... I think most coaching staffs are amazed at his athleticism.
perfect guy for the Suns if and when CP3 retires

SaintzFury13
09-13-2021, 11:38 AM
he is an impact player , but never fundamentally used correctly in each franchise he has played for..... I think most coaching staffs are amazed at his athleticism.
perfect guy for the Suns if and when CP3 retires

Honestly, you could have put John Wall next to a Durant, Kawhi, or even a Paul George three years ago and that team becomes instant title contenders. It's a shame how far off he's fallen.

jbryan1984
09-13-2021, 11:40 AM
Listen, I didn't watch one John Wall game this year but I mean his averages look normal (21/3/7 with a steal and a block per game). Lol it was actually his second highest PPG average of his career. So IDK, its obvious he is not going to lead any team to a championship but he would certainly be valuable as the 2nd or 3rd option on a contender.

ralph_i_el
09-13-2021, 12:38 PM
Honestly, you could have put John Wall next to a Durant, Kawhi, or even a Paul George three years ago and that team becomes instant title contenders. It's a shame how far off he's fallen.

People forget so quickly when a guy has a few injured seasons. Before his achilles, Wall was in the 10-15 range of top players in the league. He would have fit so well next to an elite scoring forward, but he never had the chance to play with one.

j3lademaster
09-13-2021, 07:32 PM
No way here retires with that contract. He'd be walking away from $90 million.This. Even if he were some 5 ppg utter garbage at this point, make the billionaire owner buy out your fat contract.

SaintzFury13
09-13-2021, 07:36 PM
People forget so quickly when a guy has a few injured seasons. Before his achilles, Wall was in the 10-15 range of top players in the league. He would have fit so well next to an elite scoring forward, but he never had the chance to play with one.

Guys like John Wall are literally the perfect second option for a championship contender. Just let him run the offense and be the guy to help out with the scoring load and you're golden. Players like that are so hard to come by but they are the exact kind I'd want on my team if my best player were any one of those three I just mentioned.

bizil
09-14-2021, 10:25 PM
Lots of people forget that Wall is ACTUALLY a pass first PG by nature. His freak athletic ability and scoring 20 PPG overshadowed that throughout his career. So for me at this point in his career, needs to get with a squad where he can be a 3rd scoring option at best. And run the show. AT HIS BEST, ain't been too many PG's who combined passing, defense, and scoring like he did. At one point, CP3 and Wall were the top two PG's in the league at combining those three elements. The Clippers would be an interesting spot for Wall.

Real Men Wear Green
09-14-2021, 10:53 PM
Him and the Rockets supposedly have agreed to find a way to trade him. So the question is what is his trade value? I would want to see th he Cs sign him if he was just a vet minimum free agent but with that huge contract who makes a deal?

FultzNationRISE
09-14-2021, 10:54 PM
Him and the Rockets supposedly have agreed to find a way to trade him. So the question is what is his trade value? I would want to see th he Cs sign him if he was just a vet nubby free ashen but with that huge con navy who makes a deal?

wtf :roll:

edit: bah, you corrected it.

f@ggot.

Real Men Wear Green
09-14-2021, 10:59 PM
wtf :roll:

edit: bah, you corrected it.

f@ggot.

I would ask if you had anything better to do but you don't.

FultzNationRISE
09-14-2021, 11:03 PM
I would ask if you had anything better to do but you don't.

Remember when you permabanned me numerous times for shitting on you, and every time the other mods/admin were like "nah he's more valuable than you" and reversed it without me even asking :roll:

Real Men Wear Green
09-14-2021, 11:22 PM
Congratulations, this forum is garbage. Moving on.