PDA

View Full Version : Curry vs KD: Who do you rank higher and what do they need to do to be top 10 All Time

jalbert009
09-13-2021, 08:50 PM
As per Title, Curry vs KD. who do you rank higher all time and what do these 2 need to do to cement a place In the Top 10 GOAT Rankings.

Stephen Curry
3×*NBA champion*(2015,*2017,*2018)
2×*NBA Most Valuable Player*(2015,*2016)
7×*NBA All-Star*(2014–2019,*2021)
4×*All-NBA First Team*(2015,*2016,*2019,*2021)
2×*All-NBA Second Team*(2014,*2017)
All-NBA Third Team*(2018)
2×*NBA scoring champion*(2016,*2021)
NBA steals leader*(2016)
2×*NBA Three-Point Contest*champion (2015,*2021)NBA All-Rookie First Team*(2010)

Kevin Durant
2×*NBA champion*(2017,*2018)
2×*NBA Finals MVP*(2017,*2018)
NBA Most Valuable Player*(2014)
11×*NBA All-Star*(2010–2019,*2021)
2×*NBA All-Star Game MVP*(2012,*2019)
6×*All-NBA First Team*(2010–2014,*2018)
3×*All-NBA Second Team*(2016,*2017,*2019)
NBA Rookie of the Year*(2008)
NBA All-Rookie First Team*(2008)
4×*NBA scoring champion*(2010–2012,*2014)

Here are the usual players in the Top 10 in no Order

Michael Jordan
Lebron James
Kareem Abdul Jabbar
Bill Russell
Wilt Chamberlain
Magic Johnson
Larry Bird
Tim Duncan
Shaquile Oneal
Kobe Bryant
Hakeem Olajuwon

What further makes this harder for me to rank is that they played on the same team for 2 of their Rings together.

I would like to hear some of the posters thoughts around this.

Gohan
09-13-2021, 08:55 PM
You forgot iverson on your top 10 list… besides that though curry is better than durant but thats because i think durant is one of the most fraudulent players of all time. Id take him 1 on 1 any time though

1987_Lakers
09-13-2021, 08:59 PM
You forgot iverson on your top 10 list…

https://c.tenor.com/Yy8d1d0oUAEAAAAC/wtf.gif

RRR3
09-13-2021, 09:03 PM
Ignore the retarded troll.

Gohan
09-13-2021, 09:03 PM

Thats what i was saying when i saw his list…:cheers:

jalbert009
09-13-2021, 09:04 PM
You forgot iverson on your top 10 list… besides that though curry is better than durant but thats because i think durant is one of the most fraudulent players of all time. Id take him 1 on 1 any time though

No I didn't. Iverson is not in my top 10 List. Personally he's not even in my top 20 List. But I did put a list of players who are usually in most people's top 10 GOAT Rankings.

now regarding your opinion on KD. Yes he did do a sneaky thing by joining Curry and that will take a toll on how people will view him. Still it's hard to deny his game and what he has accomplished.

Gohan
09-13-2021, 09:04 PM
Ignore the retarded troll.

Someone is looking for you in the otc lmao

Gohan
09-13-2021, 09:05 PM
No I didn't. Iverson is not in my top 10 List. Personally he's not even in my top 20 List. But I did put a list of players who are usually in most people's top 10 GOAT Rankings.

now regarding your opinion on KD. Yes he did do a sneaky thing by joining Curry and that will take a toll on how people will view him. Still it's hard to deny his game and what he has accomplished.

No i just dont think kd is that great of a 5 on 5 basketball player

Carbine
09-13-2021, 09:07 PM
It's EASILY Durant.

Both played on the same team in their primes. Durant was the best player and anyone could see it.

The accolades before and after they joined up aren't enough one way or the other to swing it in Curry favor. Durant's just better.

SaintzFury13
09-13-2021, 09:26 PM
If we are talking strictly who is the better player, then it's Durant, but it's an interesting situation because there's a very real possibility that neither of them will be a popular consensus top ten player when they retire.

Curry doesn't impact the game of basketball at an elite level outside of his scoring, and has never had that truly dominant finals series performance that would propel him to top 10 status despite having three championships and being part of a dynasty. What's funny is that even though I do think Durant's the better player, Curry has an easier path to top ten status. In order for him to reach that level, he would have to continue his level of dominance for another few years while finding ways to impact the game of basketball in other ways and legitimately lead his team to another championship or two. If he pulls that off, I don't think it's out of the realm of possibility at all that him being top ten all time becomes a popular opinion.

Durant has a much tougher case for top ten all time. Joining Golden State to win two easy rings over Cleveland arguably did more harm than good to his legacy. It's very difficult to use those wins to praise him for his play when in the end, all he really did was create a guaranteed win for himself and overcame little adversity in the process. And now he's in Brooklyn, with Harden and Irving. Winning championships with them will mean more for his legacy than the Golden State wins but unless he overcomes a legitimately better team in historic fashion like LeBron did against Golden State, they won't really be enough to put KD in that conversation. What he'd have to do in my eyes is reach a level of play even greater than he ever has before, and I don't know if he's capable of doing that at this stage in his career.

RRR3
09-13-2021, 09:40 PM
Curry is better but he’ll never be seen as better by the majority.

Norcaliblunt
09-13-2021, 10:23 PM
Curry easily. He’s a cheat code off the ball god. Damn unique.

Durant still an all time great player though. Maybe if he used his size more and was some sort of dominate finisher around the rim he’d get the nod.

jalbert009
09-13-2021, 10:24 PM
If we are talking strictly who is the better player, then it's Durant, but it's an interesting situation because there's a very real possibility that neither of them will be a popular consensus top ten player when they retire.

Curry doesn't impact the game of basketball at an elite level outside of his scoring, and has never had that truly dominant finals series performance that would propel him to top 10 status despite having three championships and being part of a dynasty. What's funny is that even though I do think Durant's the better player, Curry has an easier path to top ten status. In order for him to reach that level, he would have to continue his level of dominance for another few years while finding ways to impact the game of basketball in other ways and legitimately lead his team to another championship or two. If he pulls that off, I don't think it's out of the realm of possibility at all that him being top ten all time becomes a popular opinion.

Durant has a much tougher case for top ten all time. Joining Golden State to win two easy rings over Cleveland arguably did more harm than good to his legacy. It's very difficult to use those wins to praise him for his play when in the end, all he really did was create a guaranteed win for himself and overcame little adversity in the process. And now he's in Brooklyn, with Harden and Irving. Winning championships with them will mean more for his legacy than the Golden State wins but unless he overcomes a legitimately better team in historic fashion like LeBron did against Golden State, they won't really be enough to put KD in that conversation. What he'd have to do in my eyes is reach a level of play even greater than he ever has before, and I don't know if he's capable of doing that at this stage in his career.

I feel like KD has been more dominant longer and right from the start of his career his numbers were impressive. He has more scoring titles and and obviously rode the Warriors to his 2 rings and played alongside Curry.

Curry on the other hand has more MVPs and revolutionized the game with his 3point shooting style. He did win a ring without KD but as you mentioned has always performed poorly in the finals thus he doesn't have a FMVP. Curry also has significantly less All NBA and all star appearances than KD.

What boggles my mind is would Curry have won a ring without KD in 2017 & 2018 and would KD have won if he stayed in OKC. I wonder about these things when I am comparing the two. But the fact remains they did win together and KD won the FMVPs over Curry.

I think these 2 players are close in terms of ranking and from a popularity point of view Curry beats KD easily. Now who gets into the Top 10? IMO Curry needs another Ring and win in a dominant fashion and finally get that FMVP In his resume and maybe we can talk top 10 spot but for a solid argument he would need another 2 rings.

KD, he definitely needs 2 rings in Brooklyn to crack the top so.

StrongLurk
09-13-2021, 10:37 PM
Curry was only better than Durant in the 2016 season.

Durant has been better every other year. Come on now folks. Durant was a superstar for five years before Curry hit superstar level.

Durant is a Bird level player when looking at their playoff primes over a 145 game sample size. Durant's "legacy" just sucks, that's really all there is to it.

tontoz
09-13-2021, 10:46 PM
It's EASILY Durant.

Both played on the same team in their primes. Durant was the best player and anyone could see it.

The accolades before and after they joined up aren't enough one way or the other to swing it in Curry favor. Durant's just better.

To be fair GS had a far better record without KD than without Curry.

Having said that KD has been an elite player longer, since his 2nd.season really at age 20.

Shogon
09-13-2021, 10:47 PM
Curry.

And to get top 10 all time he needs to invent a time machine, go back a few years, never allow Durant to come to down, and win the same amount of titles anyways.

Nah, I mean who knows, right? Pretty sure GS wins in 2018 although 2017 is up in the air which means that maybe Kyrie doesn't leave, so who knows even about 2018?

But yeah, Curry...

To get to the top 10? Maybe another MVP. Maybe another title or two without Durant. Not much.

If he plays like he did last year + Golden State wins a bunch of games with Klay back (60~ish+) expect another Curry MVP and the hype around him to change rather drastically again.

SouBeachTalents
09-13-2021, 10:53 PM
It's very unlikely either of them will end up in the top 10. Durant has a slim chance, but those Warrior titles hold no weight historically. He'd have to have a strong run with the Nets to eclipse the likes of Hakeem or Kobe, and even then he'd still be on by far the most talented team in the league. Curry has virtually no chance, maybe he'll surprise with Klay coming back but I have significant doubts the Warriors accomplish anything of note the rest of Curry's career. Truth be told they honestly cockblocked each other historically.

Shogon
09-13-2021, 10:56 PM
It's very unlikely either of them will end up in the top 10. Durant has a slim chance, but those Warrior titles hold no weight historically. He'd have to have a strong run with the Nets to eclipse the likes of Hakeem or Kobe, and even then he'd still be on by far the most talented team in the league. Curry has virtually no chance, maybe he'll surprise with Klay coming back but I have significant doubts the Warriors accomplish anything of note the rest of Curry's career. Truth be told they honestly cockblocked each other historically.

True story.

But! Durant very well just may **** around with Brooklyn and win multiple titles there also(hopefully not if there is any justice whatsoever)... and even with massive amounts of collusion, people tend to not care looking back. Just look at results.

We are in a new day and age though and the Internet tends to not forget, so who knows.

But if Durant wins 3 titles in Brooklyn, which is not outside of the realm of possibility, the hype train will be massive and most will say he is top 10, if they don't already.

The only thing I know for sure is... I know nothing.

StrongLurk
09-13-2021, 11:07 PM
True story.

But! Durant very well just may **** around with Brooklyn and win multiple titles there also(hopefully not if there is any justice whatsoever)... and even with massive amounts of collusion, people tend to not care looking back. Just look at results.

We are in a new day and age though and the Internet tends to not forget, so who knows.

But if Durant wins 3 titles in Brooklyn, which is not outside of the realm of possibility, the hype train will be massive and most will say he is top 10, if they don't already.

The only thing I know for sure is... I know nothing.

Lol...of course everyone will have Durant in the top 10 if he wins three titles with Brooklyn. He'd also be winning 2-3 finals MVPS on top of that. Hell, most people would put Durant in the top 5 of all time if he manages to do that.

MadDog
09-13-2021, 11:27 PM
Durant outplayed Curry in those finals, but I'm not totally convinced he's the better player. Curry still has more impact. Heck Curry has more impact than just about everyone. Durant came to his team and won b2b FMVPs, yes, but Durant also had the easiest matchups. I'm also not writing off the Warriors. With Klay back and a young nucleus, I believe they have another run or two left in them.

All that is to say, neither KD or Curry will make the top 10. I rank Curry higher than I do Durant though. Curry doesn't have FMVPs, but lets not pretend Durant's are high value. Far from.

Axe
09-13-2021, 11:34 PM
Curry has never had an iconic moment in the playoffs. Only banal ones such as ongoing quarter buzzer beaters.

HBK_Kliq_2
09-14-2021, 12:51 AM
there's four players today that are knocking on the door of top 10 GOAT.

all will be clear cut top 10 all time:

Giannis: win another finals MVP (don't get injured this time in closeout conf finals games)

Kawhi: win another finals MVP

Durant: win another finals MVP (his legacy with warriors is a joke)

Curry: win an actual finals MVP

Stephonit
09-14-2021, 01:14 AM

Curry currently has the best chance. Indeed he is probably on course for it if not already there. Curry is simply associated with too many significant records and has defined the 3-point era. If the Curry/Durant championships aren't supposed to count there is no reason to count the Shaq/Kobe championships or Kareem/Magic championships either. The Warriors without KD were already comparable to the Bird Celtics and Showtime Lakers. McHale, Parish, and Worthy were named to the NBA Greatest 50 players list. Are Klay and Draymond going to make the 75 Greatest list? It goes unacknowledged but Curry's 2015 championship is on par with one of Olajuwon's.

Durant at minimum will likely need to win a championship with the Nets probably two and even then doing it with Harden and Irving and a bunch of veteran ring chasers would take some of the luster off.

Gohan
09-14-2021, 06:04 AM
there's four players today that are knocking on the door of top 10 GOAT.

all will be clear cut top 10 all time:

Giannis: win another finals MVP (don't get injured this time in closeout conf finals games)

Kawhi: win another finals MVP

Durant: win another finals MVP (his legacy with warriors is a joke)

Curry: win an actual finals MVP

If he wins with that brooklyn team it shouldnt count either that team is better than the warriors

SATAN
09-14-2021, 06:07 AM
There's no denying Curry's impact on basketball. He is a phenomenon. I don't even like him much but Kevin isn't even comparable in the same way. He can shoot and pretend to be a leader though.

If anyone has Durant in their rankings over Curry I'd like to hear their criteria for being better at basketball, never mind viewership and all the bs.

Gohan
09-14-2021, 06:23 AM
There's no denying Curry's impact on basketball. He is a phenomenon. I don't even like him much but Kevin isn't even comparable in the same way. He can shoot and pretend to be a leader though.

If anyone has Durant in their rankings over Curry I'd like to hear their criteria for being better at basketball, never mind viewership and all the bs.

Their criteria is SAS lying to them

Sulico
09-14-2021, 07:00 AM
Curry.

I already rank him in the top 10. Durant is top 20.

Curry is more impactful, and I like impact stats more than simple counting stats. He also have more chips and more MVPs.

For example Kevin Durant RPM from 2011 to today:

3.21/4.07/4.93/5.87/5.69/6.49/4.73/2.78/2.50/inj/3.95

Curry:

2.79/3.04/2.68/6.53/10.92/11.37/7.96/6.20/7.60/inj/7.18

As we can see Curry surpassed Durant since 2013 and made a giant leap right after that, while Durant never did.

538 RAPTOR from 2013-2014 season for Durant:

6.8/injury/5.4/7.1/5.2/5.1/inj/5.0

and Curry:

8.3/11.0/12.5/9.2/7.6/7.8/inj/6.8

Pretty much the same picture here.

imdaman99
09-14-2021, 12:35 PM
Curry but he should have never recruited KD after taking that L agains the Cavs. NUT UP and get back there and beat them next time.

j3lademaster
09-14-2021, 01:16 PM
I wonder what the opinion would be if Curry won fmvp in 2015. Play the same(which is subpar to his standards), but just with the arbitrary boost of having the award. Iguodala played a huge part and I'm not trying to hate on the guy, but Curry was the 2nd best player in that series(albeit a veeerrrry distant 2nd).

Stephonit
09-14-2021, 01:22 PM
I wonder what the opinion would be if Curry won fmvp in 2015. Play the same(which is subpar to his standards), but just with the arbitrary boost of having the award. Iguodala played a huge part and I'm not trying to hate on the guy, but Curry was the 2nd best player in that series(albeit a veeerrrry distant 2nd).

Why does anyone give any value to the opinions of 11 media voters most of whom are beholden to their network employer? It absolutely defies common sense to give it any weight at all. Do you care or want what the Chinese government thinks to influence your value of things? It's pretty much the same kind of thing.

MadDog
09-14-2021, 01:26 PM

If impact is your measure, then not a whole lot of distance. Curry's play picked up later in that series - and outside of one game, he was highly efficient. With your fmvp opinion, Curry having one would raise his ALL TIME stock quite a bit. It might be silly, but the voters being wrong totally messed with his career. 0 FMVPs and "No Klay, No playoffs" will chase him forever.

expansionera
09-14-2021, 01:27 PM
Clearly people here don’t value Kareem as highly as I do, I think anyone that has ever played the game and watched extensive basketball before the 3pt line regards Kareem as consensus GOAT. Therefore if Curry wins a title and FMVP he’s consensus greatest point guard of all time and moves ahead Magic for me.

Kareem
Russell
Lebron
Wilt
Bird
Hakeem
Jordan
Magic
Shaq
Malone

If Curry wins another title as FMVP he edges Moses out and becomes 8th best of all time behind Jordan, a player with similar offensive impact that always needed elite team defense to win due to his shortcomings on that end.

If KD wins two titles as the indisputable best player on a team with no superstars he displaces Moses as 10th all time.

Stephonit
09-14-2021, 01:28 PM
If impact is your measure, then not a whole lot of distance. Curry's play picked up later in that series - and outside of one game, he was highly efficient. With your fmvp opinion, Curry's ALL TIME stock would go up by a big amount. Silly as it sounds, the voters being wrong messed up his career. 0 FMVPs and "No Klay, No playoffs" will chase him forever.

Could just as easily be said that the league has had to weigh in and change criteria multiple times in its attempts to diminish him.

MadDog
09-14-2021, 01:32 PM
Could just as easily be said that the league has had to weigh in and change criteria multiple times in its attempts to diminish him.

Like, when's the last time the best offensive player on a championship team (and by a WIDE margin) didn't win FMVP? :confusedshrug: The play-in BS is just that. Only hurt the league pockets though. A Lakers/Warriors first round would have been absolute must watch.

deathawaitu
09-14-2021, 01:33 PM
Both needs to win one more ring

However both are general consensus higher than 13ebron

Lebron needs to win 2 to crack the top 10

Currently he only has 2 full season ring sitting at 13th

j3lademaster
09-14-2021, 01:37 PM
Why does anyone give any value to the opinions of 11 media voters most of whom are beholden to their network employer?It doesn't matter to me personally, but my personal opinion means **** all. To me, the 2015 fmvp is Lebron because he's the best and most valuable individual player of that series. There's no argument. And if it's not given to Lebron then I don't want to see another finals loser ever winning fmvp. Curry was the 2nd best player in that series and the best player on the winning team. This is just so you know where I stand on the matter.

That being said, the perception the media creates for a player means a lot in the real world. Why does it matter to them? I don't know, I'm not them. Maybe because the casual fan doesn't feel a kids game where one puts a ball through a metal hole deserves more time, effort and research and the media narrative is good enough. Which is fair, it's only entertainment.

Hey Yo
09-14-2021, 01:48 PM
Curry but he should have never recruited KD after taking that L agains the Cavs. NUT UP and get back there and beat them next time.

The team was recruiting him the entire 2016 season, not just directly after the loss.

Axe
09-15-2021, 03:24 AM
Curry currently has the best chance. Indeed he is probably on course for it if not already there. Curry is simply associated with too many significant records and has defined the 3-point era. If the Curry/Durant championships aren't supposed to count there is no reason to count the Shaq/Kobe championships or Kareem/Magic championships either. The Warriors without KD were already comparable to the Bird Celtics and Showtime Lakers. McHale, Parish, and Worthy were named to the NBA Greatest 50 players list. Are Klay and Draymond going to make the 75 Greatest list? It goes unacknowledged but Curry's 2015 championship is on par with one of Olajuwon's.

Durant at minimum will likely need to win a championship with the Nets probably two and even then doing it with Harden and Irving and a bunch of veteran ring chasers would take some of the luster off.
Lol kd went to the finals first before your hero did.

hold this L
09-15-2021, 03:56 AM
Clearly people here don’t value Kareem as highly as I do, I think anyone that has ever played the game and watched extensive basketball before the 3pt line regards Kareem as consensus GOAT. Therefore if Curry wins a title and FMVP he’s consensus greatest point guard of all time and moves ahead Magic for me.

Kareem
Russell
Lebron
Wilt
Bird
Hakeem
Jordan
Magic
Shaq
Malone

If Curry wins another title as FMVP he edges Moses out and becomes 8th best of all time behind Jordan, a player with similar offensive impact that always needed elite team defense to win due to his shortcomings on that end.

If KD wins two titles as the indisputable best player on a team with no superstars he displaces Moses as 10th all time.

How can anybody put MJ 7th and ask to be taken seriously?

expansionera
09-15-2021, 07:57 AM
How can anybody put MJ 7th and ask to be taken seriously?

I feel the same way about people who include MJ in the top five considering he played in a diluted expansion era, stacked the deck and never eliminated historic teams.

Gohan
09-15-2021, 08:43 AM
I feel the same way about people who include MJ in the top five considering he played in a diluted expansion era, stacked the deck and never eliminated historic teams.
I feel the same way about people that keep iverson out of the top 10 list

houston
09-16-2021, 11:08 PM
KD will be rank higher but neither one is top ten all great. Curry is to short to be all-time great top ten. KD is too scared to take superstar responsibility to be all-time great top 10.

SATAN
09-17-2021, 01:38 AM
KD is too scared to take superstar responsibility to be all-time great top 10.

I think he is trying to step up but we see what happens...Selfishly dribbling straight into tight defense and chucking up an air ball resulting in a playoff exit. Mind you, NBA media practically praised and rewarded him for losing the game with an air ball, calling him the best scorer ever and possibly best player in the league. You can't make this shit up. He might go down as the most overrated player of all time when it's all said and done.

houston
09-17-2021, 10:42 AM
I think he is trying to step up but we see what happens...Selfishly dribbling straight into tight defense and chucking up an air ball resulting in a playoff exit. Mind you, NBA media practically praised and rewarded him for losing the game with an air ball, calling him the best scorer ever and possibly best player in the league. You can't make this shit up. He might go down as the most overrated player of all time when it's all said and done.

KD also haven't played a full season back 2 back years. It alot playoff failure in KD career for him to be taken serious as all-time great top ten. KD had Kyrie,Griffin, and Harden on his team and still couldn't beat that Bucks team lol.

Manny98
09-17-2021, 11:17 AM
KD is already arguably top 10, let's be honest

Talent wise he's top 3, he just doesn't have the resume to back it up yet, give him a couple more years and KDs name will start popping up in GOAT conversations

Axe
09-17-2021, 05:55 PM
It's funny how you dedicate this new account to hating and trashing him. The gimmick is so obvious lol. ;)

houston
09-18-2021, 02:26 AM
KD is already arguably top 10, let's be honest

Talent wise he's top 3, he just doesn't have the resume to back it up yet, give him a couple more years and KDs name will start popping up in GOAT conversations

Nah KD can't make the top ten all-time great. By him playing with Westbrook,Harden, and Curry would prevent him being top 10. As a wing his resume is surely lacking. KD career impact is more closer to Dirk without except KD played with greater talent.

2much_knowledge
09-18-2021, 02:28 AM
Its a toss up. There's no correct answer to this one. I feel like Durant is the better player.

However, none will be top 10 unless something very dramatic happens before they start to decline or get injured

Top 15 - 13 sounds about right

Dagoods
09-18-2021, 03:26 AM
CURRY is the most overrated athlete of all-time, rivaled only by Derek Jeter.
DURANT needs to win a chip in Brooklyn and break LeBron's scoring record.

Axe
09-18-2021, 03:37 AM
:cheers:

Stephonit
09-18-2021, 09:23 AM

For the same reason Napoleon Bonaparte is an overrated general I'm sure.

2much_knowledge
09-18-2021, 09:58 AM
What i said earlier

Dagoods
09-18-2021, 11:03 AM
Nope, he was actually a legit boss!

HoopsNY
09-18-2021, 06:18 PM
Its a toss up. There's no correct answer to this one. I feel like Durant is the better player.

However, none will be top 10 unless something very dramatic happens before they start to decline or get injured

Top 15 - 13 sounds about right

It really isn't a toss up, though. KD won FMVP twice alongside Steph. His career finals statistics blows Steph's out the water. And Steph has been to 5 finals and still has yet to actually win a FMVP.

warriorfan
09-18-2021, 06:46 PM
It really isn't a toss up, though. KD won FMVP twice alongside Steph. His career finals statistics blows Steph's out the water. And Steph has been to 5 finals and still has yet to actually win a FMVP.

Low iq take. Very superficial and flat out lazy. You could do much better.

HoopsNY
09-18-2021, 09:40 PM
Low iq take. Very superficial and flat out lazy. You could do much better.

Low IQ? They played on the same team, side by side, and KD won FMVP both times, and with good reason.

KD Finals '17-'18: 32/9/6/1/2 on a godly 68% TS%
Steph Finals '17-'18: 27/8/7/2/0 on 59% TS%

Yet somehow this is ignored? You can't ignore this.

warriorfan
09-18-2021, 09:53 PM
Low IQ? They played on the same team, side by side, and KD won FMVP both times, and with good reason.

You are ignoring everything except counting statistics. Like I said it’s a very superficial and lazy analysis.

Stephonit
09-19-2021, 12:18 AM

They did play with the same team that's why how they go from a 50-win pace with Durant to a 65-win pace just by subbing him for Curry cannot be ignored.

KD hasn't reached his Warriors' finals performance level without Curry.

Kenny Griffin
09-19-2021, 01:02 AM
curry has the more respectable career but KD is obviously better. he was the top dog on those warriors teams and nobody would argue it

its like kobe vs shaq basically. shaq and KD are obviously more valuable players to have

curry and kobe were more loved and respected by the fans

Stephonit
09-19-2021, 01:48 AM
curry has the more respectable career but KD is obviously better. he was the top dog on those warriors teams and nobody would argue it

its like kobe vs shaq basically. shaq and KD are obviously more valuable players to have

curry and kobe were more loved and respected by the fans

I'd argue it in a heartbeat. The only reason Warriors fans would avoid arguing it is due to respect for Durant being on the team and not wishing to offend him.

Kenny Griffin
09-19-2021, 01:56 AM
I'd argue it in a heartbeat. The only reason Warriors fans would avoid arguing it is due to respect for Durant being on the team and not wishing to offend him.

lol come on man. every time the warriors needed a bucket it was durant. curry only took a ton of shots when they had a lead

currys a slightly better shooter but durant can manufacture points whenever he wants. you saw how he carried team USA this olympics. hes on a different level

hes probly better than kobe and jordan in terms of just all around scoring ability

if durant was healthier and didn't ring chase we might be talking about him as a goat candidate

Stephonit
09-19-2021, 02:38 AM
lol come on man. every time the warriors needed a bucket it was durant. curry only took a ton of shots when they had a lead

currys a slightly better shooter but durant can manufacture points whenever he wants. you saw how he carried team USA this olympics. hes on a different level

hes probly better than kobe and jordan in terms of just all around scoring ability

if durant was healthier and didn't ring chase we might be talking about him as a goat candidate

There was no time the Warriors needed a bucket more than when KD was out or during the latter half of elimination games and guess what? Curry was there to get them through. Curry has led his team to records—that really does put him on a different level.

Axe
09-19-2021, 05:37 AM

It seems the welfarefan can't fathom the thought that having a finals mvp is actually a good boost to the legacy of primary champion superstars. Heck even some role players do benefit from this. Anti-dub stans would enjoy pointing out from time to time that chef dingo has zero finals mvp so far no matter how hard they conceal that big fact.

Axe
09-19-2021, 05:45 AM

Curry enjoys feasting on tanking teams during garbage time and that includes nailing buzzer beaters while quarters are still going. He usually does this in the regular season and many casual warrior fans exaggerate those banal wins as if they happen over first-rate competition in the playoffs when in reality, it's more similar to winning against g league teams with tons of losses in their records.

Stephonit
09-19-2021, 07:08 AM
Curry enjoys feasting on tanking teams during garbage time and that includes nailing buzzer beaters while quarters are still going. He usually does this in the regular season and many casual warrior fans exaggerate those banal wins as if they happen over first-rate competition in the playoffs when in reality, it's more similar to winning against g league teams with tons of losses in their records.

Same Stephen Curry who sat out many 4th quarters and was pulled out by his coach numerous times despite being on pace to set new records to avoid embarrassing the opponent? That Stephen Curry? Interesting story bro too bad you're using it against just about the worst player imaginable. Might as well say Michael Jordan is a garbage time stat stuffer, that's probably more believable.

Axe
09-19-2021, 07:39 AM
Same Stephen Curry who sat out many 4th quarters and was pulled out by his coach numerous times despite being on pace to set new records to avoid embarrassing the opponent? That Stephen Curry? Interesting story bro too bad you're using it against just about the worst player imaginable. Might as well say Michael Jordan is a garbage time stat stuffer, that's probably more believable.
Sure, in 2016 it was during christmas day when the league saw kd playing in a warriors uniform for the first time. Against who you ask? None other than the mighty king kong and his underdog team ofc. Game was close in the fourth quarter but sure enough, your hero was pulled out in the closing minutes of the game because he was being a liability on defense while his fellow splash bro klay was burdened with the task of guarding uncle drew who scored 25 points that night btw. Oh, and kd scored 21 more points than chef as well, despite their one-point loss at home. Now the dysfunctional cavs back then weren't one of those g league teams but your hero didn't shine against them when they played each other that time.

Stephonit
09-19-2021, 10:11 AM
Sure, in 2016 it was during christmas day when the league saw kd playing in a warriors uniform for the first time. Against who you ask? None other than the mighty king kong and his underdog team ofc. Game was close in the fourth quarter but sure enough, your hero was pulled out in the closing minutes of the game because he was being a liability on defense while his fellow splash bro klay was burdened with the task of guarding uncle drew who scored 25 points that night btw. Oh, and kd scored 21 more points than chef as well, despite their one-point loss at home. Now the dysfunctional cavs back then weren't one of those g league teams but your hero didn't shine against them when they played each other that time.

The pertinent takeaway from that game is that you can have KD but if Curry is not on the floor you'll still lose.

HoopsNY
09-19-2021, 10:38 AM
They did play with the same team that's why how they go from a 50-win pace with Durant to a 65-win pace just by subbing him for Curry cannot be ignored.

KD hasn't reached his Warriors' finals performance level without Curry.

You're right to an extent, but I believe there are probably more to those numbers than what meets the eye. For example, how many games were Klay, Draymond, and Iguodala present with KD/without Steph vs. with Steph/without KD? So I highly doubt that those win paces are consistent with all other factors being equal.

But what we DO know is that these two played on the biggest stages together and it was KD who delivered on the highest level. That trumps everything else, and how could it not? I mean, Curry didn't even win FMVP in 2015.

His play was sub-par in 2015 and 2016 given his MVPs in the regular season. Do you remember KD's performance in 2012? It was money. Fact remains, you want KD on the biggest stage over Steph any day of the week.

HoopsNY
09-19-2021, 10:42 AM
The pertinent takeaway from that game is that you can have KD but if Curry is not on the floor you'll still lose.

Bro let's be real here. If KD isn't on the team in 2017 and 2018, the Warriors aren't winning anything.

In 2016, it was the biggest choke job in NBA history, courtesy of Steph and co.

In 2015, the only reason the Warriors won is because LeBron had no Kyrie and Love. Yet the Cavs still managed to win 2 games. So imagine if he had Love down low on the boards and Kyrie killing it on the perimeter?

Steph is weak. He's not a floor raiser by any stretch of the imagination. He basically needs a super-team or the opposing team to be hit with injuries to secure a title.

Stephonit
09-19-2021, 10:47 AM
Bro let's be real here. If KD isn't on the team in 2017 and 2018, the Warriors aren't winning anything.

In 2015, the only reason the Warriors won is because LeBron had no Kyrie and Love. Yet the Cavs still managed to win 2 games. So imagine if he had Love down low on the boards and Kyrie killing it on the perimeter?

Steph is weak. He's not a floor raiser by any stretch of the imagination. He basically needs a super-team or the opposing team to be hit with injuries to secure a title.

Yeah, let's be real. Curry is a better floor raiser than the inferior player who kept going to the finals in the East but missed the playoffs the first time he had to do it in the West.

HoopsNY
09-19-2021, 10:51 AM
Yeah, let's be real. Curry is a better floor raiser than the inferior player who kept going to the finals in the East but missed the playoffs the first time he had to do it in the West.

So you think Steph > LeBron? Please tell me you're joking.

Stephonit
09-19-2021, 10:56 AM
So you think Steph > LeBron? Please tell me you're joking.

I base my opinion on the results and the results say Steph is better.

09-19-2021, 11:06 AM

Curry is "not a floor raiser by any stretch of the imagination" despite him taking the Dubs from worst in the West to the playoffs???

HoopsNY
09-19-2021, 11:52 AM
Curry is "not a floor raiser by any stretch of the imagination" despite him taking the Dubs from worst in the West to the playoffs???

Okay bad choice of words on my part. You're right. Steph definitely is a "floor raiser" in the truest sense of the phrase. Having said that, he's just not that guy above someone like KD.

warriorfan
09-19-2021, 04:33 PM

Sorry bro. That no floor raising narrative was debunked last season in case you don’t remember.

Axe
09-19-2021, 11:40 PM
Not in the playoffs lmfao

Axe
09-19-2021, 11:41 PM
I'm not convinced playing in the losers bracket is considered as same as playing in the playoffs.

Kenny Griffin
09-20-2021, 12:05 AM
durant is like combining kobe/jordan/bird into one guy

its silly to think curry is better. nobody is better than durant in a vacuum. hes the perfect prototypical player

he just had to deal with injuries, the media and sh*tty teammates dragging him down

lebron was also a bad influence on him with the player empowerment shit

in the 80s, 90s or 2000's i think durant would have gone down as the goat. he was born at the wrong time. the nba has become a hype machine and durant wasn't their poster boy. his resentment for the wwe style scripts derailed his career

Stephonit
09-20-2021, 12:37 AM
Not in the playoffs lmfao

The series against the Rockets say yes, yes indeed.

Stephonit
09-20-2021, 12:38 AM
durant is like combining kobe/jordan/bird into one guy

its silly to think curry is better. nobody is better than durant in a vacuum. hes the perfect prototypical player

he just had to deal with injuries, the media and sh*tty teammates dragging him down

lebron was also a bad influence on him with the player empowerment shit

in the 80s, 90s or 2000's i think durant would have gone down as the goat. he was born at the wrong time. the nba has become a hype machine and durant wasn't their poster boy. his resentment for the wwe style scripts derailed his career

KD is no Bird. His playmaking skills are not elite. Curry on the other hand aside from being a scorer who has been more efficient than KD is also the greatest playmaker of all-time.

Kenny Griffin
09-20-2021, 12:52 AM
KD is no Bird. His playmaking skills are not elite. Curry on the other hand aside from being a scorer who has been more efficient than KD is also the greatest playmaker of all-time.

what makes bird arguably slightly better than KD is his rebounding and passing and winning the right way. not his scoring. KD is as good as bird at shooting and can dunk on people/handle like a PG and beat anyone off the dribble. bird couldn't do that. durant is easily better at scoring and defending. basically its like comparing jordan to bird. sure one guy is more fundamental but the other guy is more dominant at 2 major aspects

i couldn't see durant averaging 15ppg for one of his championships at age 25 like bird did

Kenny Griffin
09-20-2021, 12:56 AM
if there was a draft tomorrow and you can take durant or bird in their prime all 30 teams including boston would take durant

09-20-2021, 01:06 AM
I'm not convinced playing in the losers bracket is considered as same as playing in the playoffs.
Well sure, but youre retarded so I dont think that really means anything...

Axe
09-20-2021, 04:25 AM
The series against the Rockets say yes, yes indeed.
Klay says hi

Axe
09-20-2021, 04:27 AM
Well sure, but youre retarded so I dont think that really means anything...
Says the turd who created a dup not more than 1/4 a year ago. Now...

Golf
Tango
Foxtrot
Oscar

09-20-2021, 04:55 AM
Says the turd who created a dup not more than 1/4 a year ago. Now...

Golf
Tango
Foxtrot
Oscar
:roll: