PDA

View Full Version : 2015-2016 Cavs best finals win ever?

moongaze
09-13-2021, 08:59 PM
Was this the most satisfying title ever and thus the best finals win? The joy and emotion shared by the Cavs, commentators and fans after the final buzzer was unlike any other finals post game ive seen. Record setting crowd for the celebration, the shot and block, the history between two teams

I'd rather win one title like than than have a boring three peat like Kobe Lakers or some of Jordans titles. Championships are not created equal. Some mean more than others. So when people talk about how many titles someone had to judge them, I feel like to the player it's more than about the number.

GrayGoat
09-13-2021, 09:02 PM
Yes solidified LeBron as the GOAT

RRR3
09-13-2021, 09:04 PM
Certainly one of the most iconic finals series ever. Will be remembered forever.

SaintzFury13
09-13-2021, 09:37 PM
Was this the most satisfying title ever and thus the best finals win? The joy and emotion shared by the Cavs, commentators and fans after the final buzzer was unlike any other finals post game ive seen. Record setting crowd for the celebration, the shot and block, the history between two teams

I'd rather win one title like than than have a boring three peat like Kobe Lakers or some of Jordans titles. Championships are not created equal. Some mean more than others. So when people talk about how many titles someone had to judge them, I feel like to the player it's more than about the number.

It's definitely the greatest legacy defining championship for any superstar player in the history of the NBA. Even Dirks 2011 title win doesn't compare. LeBron was hyped up as being the guy who would end Cleveland's championship curse before he even played his first NBA game. He came back after leaving the first time and promised a title and did it in the most dramatic fashion possible.

Let me put it this way: if LeBron were to retire right now, he'd be a four time NBA Champion. People are going to remember him the most for that championship win in Cleveland. Magic retired a 5 time champion and a lot of people remember his very first one specifically because of the way he carried his team to victory in the final game as a rookie playing out of position without Kareem. A lot of people remember Jordan's final championship win because of how he closed out that final game. Kobe's remembered most for number 5 for dethroning the Celtics and overcoming his past failures.

LeBron's win in Cleveland is the kind of stuff you couldn't write. It is about as story book as they get. The most odds anyone's ever had to overcome with so much at stake and this win meaning more than any other in the history of the league. It ended a 52 year drought in that city. There were people in their 50s who never experienced a Cleveland championship before. It simply doesn't get bigger than that.

coastalmarker99
09-13-2021, 09:38 PM
I would say the 1972 Lakers.

They had come up short 8 times in the finals during the last 13 seasons in usually heartbreaking fashion.

And for West to finally get his title was one of the Goat moments in NBA history.

coastalmarker99
09-13-2021, 09:43 PM
Another one Is the 1985 Lakers

To provide some background, the Lakers were 0-8 all time against the Celtics heading into the 1985 Final series.

Not only that, the Lakers had lost the previous year to the Celtics in an epic 7 game series.

Despite the fact that both Magic and Kareem had already won championships and Final MVP, they were judged primarily by their failure in the final against the Celtics.

Commentators noted that history and Lakers lore would judge Magic and Kareem by their performances against the Celtics.

If they failed to beat the Celtics when it mattered most, then they would forever be remembered as two of the greatest players of all time who simply could not beat their bitter rival.

People would have questioned if the Lakers were lucky to have played in the West and not have to go through the Celtics in order to win championships.

So, there was a lot riding on the shoulders of both Magic and Kareem. They simply had to beat the Celtics.

In Game 1, The Celtics absolutely crushed them 148-114 as Kareem only had 12 points and 3 rebounds.

It was an embarrassing performance that opened up the door for critics to mock the Lakers as a team that could never beat the Celtics when it really mattered.

After that game 1 loss Kareem then played amazing and the Lakers finally beat Boston in the most satisfying way as they won the title at the Garden.

SaintzFury13
09-13-2021, 10:07 PM
I would say the 1972 Lakers.

They had come up short 8 times in the finals during the last 13 seasons in usually heartbreaking fashion.

And for West to finally get his title was one of the Goat moments in NBA history.

For West, him finally getting his championship ring is definitely up there. But the 72 Lakers are one of the greatest teams of all time. The 16 Cavaliers were underdogs and their win against the Warriors is one of the biggest finals upsets in NBA history. And again, there was more to it than LeBron winning another championship, it was breaking the Cleveland curse and finally giving the city a championship after 52 years. And it came in the fashion of a 3-1 series comeback.

Norcaliblunt
09-13-2021, 10:09 PM
If Dray wasn’t suspended and Curry wasn’t hurt it might be.

ScottieQuitting
09-13-2021, 11:02 PM
Given the circumstances? No.

The LeBron instigated Draymond suspension.

The league assistance in getting Curry in foul trouble in game 6 to extend the series, when he was smoking?

A rather lackluster game 7 performance offensively. Albeit a legendary super athletic defensive play, but his teammate basically was their best and most meaningful go to scorer the entire series. Who changed the momentum of the series with his destructive obliteration of one of the Warriors best on ball defenders, in the half court and out playing the “unanimous” MVP.

Same player who also hit the biggest shot in Cleveland franchise history to secure the victory. It was a good championship, much like Wade’s 2006, but some iffy officiating that brings it down a tad.

If LeBron didn’t choke in game 4 and game 6 of the 2015 Finals, and won that series? That would’ve been the best Finals win for an individual player ever. But it didn’t happen.

Like much of his career. He had the ability and circumstances to actually rival or surpass Jordan as GOAT. But perpetually pissed or choked it away.

The GOAT / Jordan level intangibles were never there.

It’s like the difference between Brady and Manning / Rodgers.

Axe
09-13-2021, 11:16 PM
It's the greatest because king kong bukkaked stephen curry in the biggest stage of the game.

warriorfan
09-14-2021, 02:17 AM
Adam silver spoiled it for him

And curry’s MCL injury

1987_Lakers
09-14-2021, 02:25 AM

What a terrible assessment. Manning constantly shit the bed in the playoffs and played like shit in all of his super bowls (even the 2 he won), Rodgers only has 1 ring compared to LeBron's 4. LeBron has more championships than Manning & Rodgers combined, he's also had legendary/great performances in the Finals to top it off.

SouBeachTalents
09-14-2021, 02:28 AM

The league assistance in getting Curry in foul trouble in game 6 to extend the series, when he was smoking?

A rather lackluster game 7 performance offensively. Albeit a legendary super athletic defensive play, but his teammate basically was their best and most meaningful go to scorer the entire series. Who changed the momentum of the series with his destructive obliteration of one of the Warriors best on ball defenders, in the half court and out playing the “unanimous” MVP.

Same player who also hit the biggest shot in Cleveland franchise history to secure the victory. It was a good championship, much like Wade’s 2006, but some iffy officiating that brings it down a tad.

If LeBron didn’t choke in game 4 and game 6 of the 2015 Finals, and won that series? That would’ve been the best Finals win for an individual player ever. But it didn’t happen.

Like much of his career. He had the ability and circumstances to actually rival or surpass Jordan as GOAT. But perpetually pissed or choked it away.

He wasn't even talking about LeBron, it says Cavs right in the thread title. He literally didn't even mention LeBron once :oldlol:

RRR3
09-14-2021, 02:30 AM
He wasn't even talking about LeBron, it says Cavs right in the thread title. He literally didn't even mention LeBron once :oldlol:
Bron ruined him.

Stephonit
09-14-2021, 02:51 AM
One of those narratives that one wonders where on earth it came from. No idea why the 2016 championship is supposed to mean so much more than others. For comparison the Raptors' 2019 championship is more impressive.

TheCorporation
09-14-2021, 02:53 AM
Adam silver spoiled it for him

And curry’s MCL injury

Nope. Not injured just Locked Down.

Whenever I see someone say Curry was injured this needs a repost:

https://i.postimg.cc/3x8SyjDD/2016-curry-playoffs-revise.png

Curry was just fine it seems he was just LeLocked down

Stephonit
09-14-2021, 03:00 AM

Meanwhile Draymond was exploding because we know he's elite at creating his own shot. Er...uh...no it was the Curry effect.

Phoenix
09-14-2021, 04:44 AM
One of those narratives that one wonders where on earth it came from. No idea why the 2016 championship is supposed to mean so much more than others. For comparison the Raptors' 2019 championship is more impressive.

More historic in the sense that it was the first championship for that franchise( probably the only one they'll see anytime soon) and first non-US team chip. More 'impressive', don't know about that one. I don't think it's unreasonable to say that if KD and Klay were healthy all the way through, the Warriors win. What's lost in that playoff run is that for as well as Kawhi played, KD was balling out of his mind right alongside him until the torn Achilles.

SaintzFury13
09-14-2021, 07:19 AM

Curry was definitely beat up from the OKC series. Russel Westbrook played a very physical style of defense (albeit not very good but physical no less) and constantly played bully ball on offense.

SaintzFury13
09-14-2021, 07:21 AM

Give us some examples of iffy officiating in game 6 to qualify it as "league assistance".

You've completely missed the point of the thread and, as usual, have added nothing valuable to it. There's more to it than him simply winning the finals against Golden State.

Lmao how? Warriors were much more injury plagued in that series than in 2016. Not to mention the 19 Raptors were a better team than the 16 Cavaliers from top to bottom. A better starting five, a better bench, and better coaching. There were no blatant match up advantages for Golden State to exploit.

Manny98
09-14-2021, 07:46 AM
Nothing will top 2011 in my eyes

moongaze
09-14-2021, 08:41 AM

To provide some background, the Lakers were 0-8 all time against the Celtics heading into the 1985 Final series.

Not only that, the Lakers had lost the previous year to the Celtics in an epic 7 game series.

Despite the fact that both Magic and Kareem had already won championships and Final MVP, they were judged primarily by their failure in the final against the Celtics.

Commentators noted that history and Lakers lore would judge Magic and Kareem by their performances against the Celtics.

If they failed to beat the Celtics when it mattered most, then they would forever be remembered as two of the greatest players of all time who simply could not beat their bitter rival.

People would have questioned if the Lakers were lucky to have played in the West and not have to go through the Celtics in order to win championships.

So, there was a lot riding on the shoulders of both Magic and Kareem. They simply had to beat the Celtics.

In Game 1, The Celtics absolutely crushed them 148-114 as Kareem only had 12 points and 3 rebounds.

It was an embarrassing performance that opened up the door for critics to mock the Lakers as a team that could never beat the Celtics when it really mattered.

After that game 1 loss Kareem then played amazing and the Lakers finally beat Boston in the most satisfying way as they won the title at the Garden.

Good history and post. I did not know all that. I was born in 1984.

8Ball
09-14-2021, 08:50 AM

Injured Curry demolished OKC and Portland.

Curry just ran into the Bron and that's why he didn't do well.

Bronball kept match up hunting Curry with pick and rolls.

8Ball
09-14-2021, 08:54 AM

Yes.

2016 is the greatest championship of all time. Most satisfying championship.

1) vs the greatest reg season team ever with 73 wins.
2) cleveland never winning a chip.
3) down 3-1
4) lebron goes GOAT mode for games 5 6 7
5) vs unanimous MVP.
6) lebron haters in absolute shambles

For those reasons combined it was the most satisfying championship ever.

I popped a champagne bottle that night. June 19 2016.

SaintzFury13
09-14-2021, 09:06 AM
Injured Curry demolished OKC and Portland.

Demolished OKC?

He averaged 27 points on 46% shooting from the field and 41% shooting from 3. He didn't even break the 30 point mark until game 5. I'm not trying to argue that he was terrible, he was far from it. But I wouldn't exactly call it "demolishing" them.

8Ball
09-14-2021, 10:58 AM
27.9/6/6 ~28/6/6.

That's extremely good.

He was as injured as anybody else playing late in the season.

expansionera
09-14-2021, 11:04 AM
Lebron accomplished Wilt’s impossible statistical profile in a Finals series against the greatest team in all history. Definitely the best player I’ve seen with my own eyes, in 20 years of watching hoop

RogueBorg
09-14-2021, 11:12 AM
It's a matter of perspective. 1991 was huge for Bulls fans. Like Cleveland, Chicago had never won an NBA championship and had endured 3 straight years of falling short to the Pistons. Jordan didn't pull a bitch move and go to Boston to beat the Pistons or the Lakers to get his ring. He stayed right in Chicago until he got over the hump against Magic and the Lakers with they team the front office gave him.

RogueBorg
09-14-2021, 11:14 AM
Lebron accomplished Wilt’s impossible statistical profile in a Finals series against the greatest team in all history. Definitely the best player I’ve seen with my own eyes, in 20 years of watching hoop

How can you be the greatest team in history and not win the championship?

Hey Yo
09-14-2021, 12:03 PM
It's a matter of perspective. 1991 was huge for Bulls fans. Like Cleveland, Chicago had never won an NBA championship and had endured 3 straight years of falling short to the Pistons. Jordan didn't pull a bitch move and go to Boston to beat the Pistons or the Lakers to get his ring. He stayed right in Chicago until he got over the hump against Magic and the Lakers with they team the front office gave him.

Jordan couldn't have went to Boston even if he wanted to. If he didnt sign the 8yr extension in the summer of 88', he wouldn't have been eligible for UFA until the summer of 91'

He was all about the money and Chicago could offer him the most if it unfolded that way.

So to say he stayed instead of joining ______ is pretty dumb

8Ball
09-14-2021, 12:12 PM

73 wins > 72 wins.

They didn't win a championship because LeBron is the GOAT simple as that.

LeBron had to lead all players in points rebounds assists steals blocks and mins.

Stephonit
09-14-2021, 12:28 PM
Give us some examples of iffy officiating in game 6 to qualify it as "league assistance".

They fouled out the MVP of the league in the NBA Finals on a bunch of ticky-tack fouls while on the opposite end he's being mauled.

Lmao how? Warriors were much more injury plagued in that series than in 2016. Not to mention the 19 Raptors were a better team than the 16 Cavaliers from top to bottom. A better starting five, a better bench, and better coaching. There were no blatant match up advantages for Golden State to exploit.

The Raptors didn't benefit from league intervention.

8Ball
09-14-2021, 12:29 PM
The league MVP fouled out being down 15 points with a few mins left.

No conspiracy there.

Stephonit
09-14-2021, 12:32 PM
The league MVP fouled out being down 15 points with a few mins left.

No conspiracy there.

Ticky tack fouls on what should have been clean strips that could have turned the momentum and tide but instead loaded the Warriors' best player with fouls. The Warriors have a history of coming back from large deficits. The Cavaliers victory is tainted.

kuniva_dAMiGhTy
09-14-2021, 01:01 PM

Great insight :applause:

Only reason I'd still go with Cleveland is that it was their first title. LA couldn't beat Boston, and it haunted them like you said, but they still had how many chips to fall back on? :lol

Bron's individual performance in 16 was...well...dominant.

expansionera
09-14-2021, 01:34 PM

By running into a top 5 player in history playing the best basketball we’ve ever seen out of an individual player? Lebron led the series in

Rebounds
Assists
Field goal percentage
Steals

It takes a once in a century player at their peak and a little help from Kyrie to beat a 73 win team, and somehow people don’t appreciate that aforementioned player.

8Ball
09-14-2021, 01:54 PM
Ticky tack fouls on what should have been clean strips that could have turned the momentum and tide but instead loaded the Warriors' best player with fouls. The Warriors have a history of coming back from large deficits. The Cavaliers victory is tainted.

Nobody other than Warrior fans say this.

Bron had 18 straight points from 72-90 from mid 3 quarter to late 4th quarter.

That was the game.

8Ball
09-14-2021, 01:55 PM
By running into a top 5 player in history playing the best basketball we’ve ever seen out of an individual player? Lebron led the series in

Rebounds
Assists
Field goal percentage
Steals

It takes a once in a century player at their peak and a little help from Kyrie to beat a 73 win team, and somehow people don’t appreciate that aforementioned player.

Because Jordan never beat a monster team like the 2016 Warriors so Jordan fans need to throw rocks at the 2016 Warriors.

j3lademaster
09-14-2021, 01:59 PM
Probably. 1998 and 2012 come to mind, too.

When Pipp went down in 98 a lot of people thought Utah was going to win. MJ was on running on fumes and Rodman while still an ok roleplayer but has become pretty overrated at that point.

And 2012 gets ruined years after because of the damage the decision did. No athlete comes close to the scrutiny Lebron faced in 2012... even for Lebron's standards. Him being able to pull it off in dominant fashion gets underrated today.

Hard to argue with coming back 3-1 though.

RogueBorg
09-14-2021, 01:59 PM
73 wins > 72 wins.

They didn't win a championship because LeBron is the GOAT simple as that.

LeBron had to lead all players in points rebounds assists steals blocks and mins.

You can't be the greatest team ever if you don't win it all. Sorry.

RogueBorg
09-14-2021, 02:00 PM

Rebounds
Assists
Field goal percentage
Steals

Once again, you can't be the greatest team ever if you don't win it all. It's not that hard to understand.

The Warriors were a flawed team built for the regular season and not the post-season. They were also down 3-1 to OKC. The playoffs are a different beast.

They're record in the post-season was 15-9 = flawed.

Stephonit
09-14-2021, 02:05 PM
Nobody other than Warrior fans say this.

Bron had 18 straight points from 72-90 from mid 3 quarter to late 4th quarter.

That was the game.

Actually I remember a writer saying after having given up on watching basketball he heard the hubbub about Curry and decided to watch the finals to see what it was all about but he was reminded of why he gave up watching in the first place because of the blatant bias he witnessed.

Curry was loaded with his 5th and 6th fouls while stripping Kyrie and LeBron. Those being called fouls and not steals was the game.

expansionera
09-14-2021, 02:13 PM
Because Jordan never beat a monster team like the 2016 Warriors so Jordan fans need to throw rocks at the 2016 Warriors.

:roll: :roll: :roll:

The hilarious thing about Jordan fans is they’re not wrong. Greg Ostertag, Jeff Hornacek, and Byron Russell were a really strong starting lineup in the 90s. A big part of growing up is appreciating things as they are today and not longing for the feminine bliss that is adolescence.

How anyone can compare Jordan’s opponents to a lineup consisting of Klay, Draymond and Iggy as their third, fourth and fifth best player is pure delusion beyond my comprehension :oldlol:

That’s just facts no feelings

8Ball
09-14-2021, 02:17 PM
You can't be the greatest team ever if you don't win it all. Sorry.

Greatest regular season team of all time.

And was 5 points away in game 7 from being greatest team of all time.

expansionera
09-14-2021, 02:19 PM
Once again, you can't be the greatest team ever if you don't win it all. It's not that hard to understand.

The Warriors were a flawed team built for the regular season and not the post-season. They were also down 3-1 to OKC. The playoffs are a different beast.

So you’re saying they were good enough to come back from the brink of elimination from the “greatest scorer of all time” and most athletic guard in history, as well as Ibaka/Adams frontcourt? And Lebron beat those guys down 3-1?

That solidifies him as top 3 at least

GrayGoat
09-14-2021, 02:20 PM

The hilarious thing about Jordan fans is they’re not wrong. Greg Ostertag, Jeff Hornacek, and Byron Russell were a really strong starting lineup in the 90s. A big part of growing up is appreciating things as they are today and not longing for the feminine bliss that is adolescence.

How anyone can compare Jordan’s opponents to a lineup consisting of Klay, Draymond and Iggy as their third, fourth and fifth best player is pure delusion beyond my comprehension :oldlol:

Ok by that logic the 4 allstar 2015 Hawks were a great team too.

8Ball
09-14-2021, 02:23 PM

I bet you if Jordan had faced a 73 win team in the 90s and defeated them they would be pounding the drum hard.

Instead the 73 win warriors are just another bum team to them because they didn't win the chip vs Bran.

Just in case they forget, 73>72

8Ball
09-14-2021, 02:25 PM

Yeah 5 points away from winning in game 7 of NBA finals is a flawed team.

Total Jordan stan talk right now.

GrayGoat
09-14-2021, 02:26 PM
73 is more than 72.

Math checks out

8Ball
09-14-2021, 02:27 PM
Actually I remember a writer saying after having given up on watching basketball he heard the hubbub about Curry and decided to watch the finals to see what it was all about but he was reminded of why he gave up watching in the first place because of the blatant bias he witnessed.

Curry was loaded with his 5th and 6th fouls while stripping Kyrie and LeBron. Those being called fouls and not steals was the game.

"A writer". You mean some garden variety insidehoops poster?

SaintzFury13
09-14-2021, 03:55 PM
The 2016 Warriors are not the greatest team of all time. They are however the greatest team to have lost in an NBA Finals.

SouBeachTalents
09-14-2021, 05:52 PM
The 2016 Warriors are not the greatest team of all time. They are however the greatest team to have lost in an NBA Finals.
Some of those 80's Lakers & Celtics teams would be up there

coastalmarker99
09-14-2021, 06:33 PM
Some of those 80's Lakers & Celtics teams would be up there

The 1984 Lakers are to me the greatest team to have lost in an NBA Finals.

SouBeachTalents
09-14-2021, 06:48 PM
The 1984 Lakers are to me the greatest team to have lost in an NBA Finals.
I'd also include

'69 & '70 Lakers
2011 Heat
2012 Thunder
2017 Cavs

tpols
09-14-2021, 07:08 PM
The bottom line is the series is over in 5 without that rigged suspension where LeBron was so mad about being blown out on his home court to go down 3-1 he pulled a flagrant on dray by stepping on him when he was knocked down on the floor and then when dray tried to shove him off him and protect himself they post game re-invented the call to have him thrown out with bran at the fore front of the plea.

And then they fouled Curry out of game 6 on bogus charge calls where he got run over. Nobody counts a blatant rig as best finals win ever.

Best Finals crazy underdog win I've ever seen is 2011 Mavericks. Nothing even comes close.

HBK_Kliq_2
09-14-2021, 07:09 PM
Clearly 2019 finals because kawhi was playing with a bunch of role players. While LeBron was playing with 2001 midget Kobe in Kyrie Irving.

Also draymond missed a game and klay missed a game. Draymond is a 4x defensive win shares leader and better then klay, all the advanced stats say that. Draymond also has the 2nd team all NBA selection and klay doesn't have that.

8Ball
09-14-2021, 08:21 PM
The bottom line is the series is over in 5 without that rigged suspension where LeBron was so mad about being blown out on his home court to go down 3-1 he pulled a flagrant on dray by stepping on him when he was knocked down on the floor and then when dray tried to shove him off him and protect himself they post game re-invented the call to have him thrown out with bran at the fore front of the plea.

And then they fouled Curry out of game 6 on bogus charge calls where he got run over. Nobody counts a blatant rig as best finals win ever.

Best Finals crazy underdog win I've ever seen is 2011 Mavericks. Nothing even comes close.

All wrong.

They gave Draymond green a flagrant 1 for that play. Whatever happened afterwards was his own problem. Plenty of players get flagrant 1s in finals with zero suspensions.

Steph Curry fouls game 6:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fVVKBIS0TM0&ab_channel=DiranLyons

1st foul - Good call
2nd foul - Good call
3rd foul - Good call
4th foul - Good call
5th foul - Good call
6th foul - Good call

2016 was the least rigged finals ever played.

outofstomach
09-14-2021, 08:30 PM
I bet you if Jordan had faced a 73 win team in the 90s and defeated them they would be pounding the drum hard.

Instead the 73 win warriors are just another bum team to them because they didn't win the chip vs Bran.

Just in case they forget, 73>72curry played like a scrub and was injured and draymond missed a game…

Hey Yo
09-14-2021, 08:49 PM
curry played like a scrub and was injured and draymond missed a game…

But you recenty praised Kyrie for beating the unanimous MVP.

Either Curry was hurt or he played like the unanimous MVP that Kyrie beat.

Which is it, Chico?

SouBeachTalents
09-14-2021, 08:55 PM
All wrong.

They gave Draymond green a flagrant 1 for that play. Whatever happened afterwards was his own problem. Plenty of players get flagrant 1s in finals with zero suspensions.

Steph Curry fouls game 6:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fVVKBIS0TM0&ab_channel=DiranLyons

1st foul - Good call
2nd foul - Good call
3rd foul - Good call
4th foul - Good call
5th foul - Good call
6th foul - Good call

2016 was the least rigged finals ever played.
1st was a clear foul
2nd was a correct blocking call
3rd was iffy but not a blatantly bad call. JVG was correct that reaching in like that with 2 fouls was a bad decision
4th was a clear foul
5th was a bad call, that was a clean strip
6th was iffy but not a blatantly bad call. He hits LeBron's hand them gets in his way when trying to establish possession

Imo, 3 clear fouls, 2 iffy fouls and one legitimately bad call. Curry was his own worst enemy insisting on aggressively trying to steal the ball in scenarios where he was very unlikely to get it. I understand it's instinctual to go for the ball, esp when trailing late, but he has to know in that situation when you get into foul trouble continuing to recklessly reach for the ball is going to increase your chances of racking up fouls and eventually fouling out.

All in all, relative nothing burger. Curry had scored 30 to that point and made virtually no impact on the game. The Warriors got worked from the opening minute and trailed by double digits almost the entire game. Even if they don't call that last foul, no chance in hell are the Warriors coming back from 12 down with 4 minutes to go on the road in the midst of arguably the greatest game of LeBron's career :lol

SaintzFury13
09-14-2021, 09:02 PM

There was nothing rigged about the 2016 finals. Stop being an idiot.

outofstomach
09-14-2021, 09:29 PM
But you recenty praised Kyrie for beating the unanimous MVP.

Either Curry was hurt or he played like the unanimous MVP that Kyrie beat.

Which is it, Chico?

i said he outplayed Curry that series (and he was the first option) on that’s team best defender (Klay)

you and other bron stans can discredit kyrie for that series all you want, im calling it how i see it :applause:

SouBeachTalents
09-14-2021, 09:36 PM
i said he outplayed Curry that series (and he was the first option) on that’s team best defender (Klay)

you and other bron stans can discredit kyrie for that series all you want, im calling it how i see it :applause:
Klay was the Warriors best defender? :lol

8Ball
09-14-2021, 09:42 PM
1st was a clear foul
2nd was a correct blocking call
3rd was iffy but not a blatantly bad call. JVG was correct that reaching in like that with 2 fouls was a bad decision
4th was a clear foul
5th was a bad call, that was a clean strip
6th was iffy but not a blatantly bad call. He hits LeBron's hand them gets in his way when trying to establish possession

Imo, 3 clear fouls, 2 iffy fouls and one legitimately bad call. Curry was his own worst enemy insisting on aggressively trying to steal the ball in scenarios where he was very unlikely to get it. I understand it's instinctual to go for the ball, esp when trailing late, but he has to know in that situation when you get into foul trouble continuing to recklessly reach for the ball is going to increase your chances of racking up fouls and eventually fouling out.

All in all, relative nothing burger. Curry had scored 30 to that point and made virtually no impact on the game. The Warriors got worked from the opening minute and trailed by double digits almost the entire game. Even if they don't call that last foul, no chance in hell are the Warriors coming back from 12 down with 4 minutes to go on the road in the midst of arguably the greatest game of LeBron's career :lol

5th foul was not iffy. That gets called all the time as a reach in foul. Defenders don't extend their hands that deep into the driving player.

He fouled Kyrie 2-3x before the whistle.

His left arm swings down and hits Kyrie's arm. Foul

https://i.ibb.co/nsSnBFS/Screen-Shot-2021-09-14-at-9-44-14-PM.png

His entire forearm is impeding Kyrie's path before touching the ball. Foul.

https://i.ibb.co/Pg2Krbx/Screen-Shot-2021-09-14-at-9-44-27-PM.png

tpols
09-14-2021, 09:43 PM
Klay was the Warriors best defender? :lol

Kyrie roasted Klay 1v1. (and for the series)

Hey Yo
09-14-2021, 09:45 PM

I never once discredited Kyrie.

Did he beat the the unanimous MVP like you said or did he beat an injured Curry who played like shit?

Why do you give Kyrie credit but the rest of team doesnt?

8Ball
09-14-2021, 09:50 PM
I never once discredited Kyrie.

Did he beat the the unanimous MVP like you said or did he beat an injured Curry who played like shit?

Why do you give Kyrie credit but the rest of team doesnt?

Because he wants to discredit LeBron's achievement.

It's 100% obvious to me and still not 100% obvious to him :lol

He's low IQ.

warriorfan
09-14-2021, 11:07 PM
5th foul was not iffy. That gets called all the time as a reach in foul. Defenders don't extend their hands that deep into the driving player.

He fouled Kyrie 2-3x before the whistle.

His left arm swings down and hits Kyrie's arm. Foul

https://i.ibb.co/nsSnBFS/Screen-Shot-2021-09-14-at-9-44-14-PM.png

His entire forearm is impeding Kyrie's path before touching the ball. Foul.

https://i.ibb.co/Pg2Krbx/Screen-Shot-2021-09-14-at-9-44-27-PM.png

In the context of how the series was being called on both ends….there were some really weak fouls. Curry was getting his jersey held for half the game. LeBron literally slide tackled Curry at the end of a game with a no call. :lol

2much_knowledge
09-15-2021, 12:37 AM
If Dray wasn’t suspended and Curry wasn’t hurt it might be.

This . The end

GrayGoat
09-15-2021, 01:09 AM
2016 is the most talked about chip. It’s the goat chip

Stephonit
09-15-2021, 02:30 AM
2016 is the most talked about chip. It’s the goat chip

If it is talked about it is because the fanbase of a certain inferior player cannot stop talking about it because it is the only thing he has to hang his hat on and others responding to the preposterousness of many of the claims made about it.

Axe
09-15-2021, 02:39 AM
There was nothing rigged about the 2016 finals. Stop being an idiot.
Pooor thurston. He doesn't seem to know about common sense lol.

Axe
09-15-2021, 02:40 AM
If it is talked about it is because the fanbase of a certain inferior player cannot stop talking about it because it is the only thing he has to hang his hat on and others responding to the preposterousness of many of the claims made about it.
He robbed your hero chances of winning finals mvp for the first time. Yikes.

SouBeachTalents
09-15-2021, 02:42 AM
Nah, even if the Warriors had won he still wouldn't have been FMVP :lol

Kenny Griffin
09-15-2021, 02:44 AM
im sold

Stephonit

After seeing how FMVPs are doled out to favorites, I penalize players on my ranking list who have had multiple appearances in finals but didn't have a teammate win. Shows too much ball domination and an inflated reputation based on media partiality. The inferior player is being forced down our throats despite being clearly inferior and even Jordan as great as he truly was had a mythology created for him based on similar tactics which similarly inflated his profile.

Axe
Nah, even if the Warriors had won he still wouldn't have been FMVP :lol
I meant the first time an opposing player did it, not a teammate of his.

Axe
09-15-2021, 02:47 AM
After seeing how FMVPs are doled out to favorites, I penalize players on my ranking list who have had multiple appearances in finals but didn't have a teammate win. Shows too much ball domination and an inflated reputation based on media partiality.
Oh don't worry sweetheart. For he still has something under his arsenal that none other have; an orange blimp from nickelodeon. ;)

https://i.gifer.com/7eae.gif

Stephonit
09-15-2021, 02:49 AM
Oh don't worry sweetheart. For he still has something under his arsenal that none other have; an orange blimp from nickelodeon. ;)

https://i.gifer.com/7eae.gif

As I've said before conceptually speaking such awards have about the same value. Nothing objective about it. One is the opinion of 11 writers and another the opinion of a bunch of kids (supposedly, who really knows?). Both are examples of media companies attempting to manipulate perceptions of popular culture. Pretty much describes all these awards.

Axe
09-15-2021, 02:53 AM
As I've said before conceptually speaking such awards have about the same value. Nothing objective about it. One is the opinion of 11 writers and another the opinion of a bunch of kids. Both are examples of media companies attempting to manipulate perceptions of popular culture.
http://memecrunch.com/meme/98B7S/if-you-say-so/image.gif