PDA

View Full Version : Kyrie irving considering retirement

LukeWalton
09-15-2021, 06:09 PM
https://bleacherreport.com/articles/10012481-nick-wright-kyrie-irvings-agents-made-it-known-pg-would-retire-if-traded-by-nets

Manny98
09-15-2021, 06:12 PM
"If he's traded"

Which is not happening, Kyrie is a Net 4 Life

8Ball
09-16-2021, 07:32 AM
Nick Wright said kyrie no longer untouchable.

Trade his ass.

Manny98
09-16-2021, 07:52 AM
No one gives a f*ck what Nick Wright says :lol

Shogon
09-16-2021, 08:33 AM

You do realize that he could be held libel if he quoted someone and just lied, right?

To be clear, his tweet doesn't say "sources say." His tweet says "Kyrie's agents have made it known" which means that he either spoke to the agents or the Nets directly and to me that makes it sound like he spoke to the agents, who probably wanted the story out there, as why would the Nets want that story out?

And I'm of the opinion the Nets would be a better team, even with an inferior player in Kyrie's spot, so long as the replacement was better at 3s and better at D.

The best thing that Kyrie offers the Nets is insurance if Harden or KD goes down with injury. That is literally his sole purpose on that squad at the point, imo.

Also... all that aside? Kyrie isn't retiring. He is definitely a different dude and so anything could happen I suppose, but I mean you can probably count on one hand or less the amount of people in pro sports that have been willing to sacrifice $ for happiness or winning.

Kyrie isn't walking away from tens of millions if not hundreds of millions of dollars, lol.

8Ball
09-16-2021, 08:46 AM
Its 50/50 that kyrie retires in any given year.

Trade him before he does.

Gohan
09-16-2021, 08:54 AM
Its 50/50 that kyrie retires in any given year.

Trade him before he does.

Yea but no one will take a risk on him now

HylianNightmare
09-16-2021, 08:59 AM
One of the best finishers of all time. To bad he is insane

nayte
09-16-2021, 09:53 AM
You do realize that he could be held libel if he quoted someone and just lied, right?

To be clear, his tweet doesn't say "sources say." His tweet says "Kyrie's agents have made it known" which means that he either spoke to the agents or the Nets directly and to me that makes it sound like he spoke to the agents, who probably wanted the story out there, as why would the Nets want that story out?

And I'm of the opinion the Nets would be a better team, even with an inferior player in Kyrie's spot, so long as the replacement was better at 3s and better at D.

The best thing that Kyrie offers the Nets is insurance if Harden or KD goes down with injury. That is literally his sole purpose on that squad at the point, imo.

Also... all that aside? Kyrie isn't retiring. He is definitely a different dude and so anything could happen I suppose, but I mean you can probably count on one hand or less the amount of people in pro sports that have been willing to sacrifice $ for happiness or winning.

Kyrie isn't walking away from tens of millions if not hundreds of millions of dollars, lol.

Didn't he have a 50.40.90 year. I will give you the D part but it wanna be good d to make up for that

And saying kyries agents made it known is the same as sources say unless you got some recorded stuff it doesn't mean crap

In saying that I probs agree they might have lol

Xiao Yao You
09-16-2021, 09:58 AM

sounds like he has a lot in common with you

Bronbron23
09-16-2021, 10:24 AM

This. Nick wright is wack af

nayte
09-16-2021, 10:33 AM
Dude is still mad that kyrie left lebron lol

ScottieQuitting
09-16-2021, 02:09 PM
Love his game. But this dude is weird and unhinged as hell. He’s basically the basketball equivalent of Kanye West

PP34Deuce
09-16-2021, 02:19 PM
Love his game. But this dude is weird and unhinged as hell. He’s basically the basketball equivalent of Kanye West

So true but I've always seen Kyrie as like a Lupe Fiasco. Supremely talented and has the abilities game wise to be considered GOAT ball handler, scorer, and one-one player. Like Lupe, Kyrie is struggles with consistently picking a side.

Kanye is crazy but he's also a boss that has mentored people (Kid Cudi, Travis Scott, Mike Dean) and is considered a leader by most people who work with him.

Kyrie is an incredible one on one player that doesn't really mentor nor want to help others on the ball court.

pandiani17
09-16-2021, 03:14 PM
I don't think that will happen as far as he is in a contender.

ScottieQuitting
09-16-2021, 04:21 PM
So true but I've always seen Kyrie as like a Lupe Fiasco. Supremely talented and has the abilities game wise to be considered GOAT ball handler, scorer, and one-one player. Like Lupe, Kyrie is struggles with consistently picking a side.

Kanye is crazy but he's also a boss that has mentored people (Kid Cudi, Travis Scott, Mike Dean) and is considered a leader by most people who work with him.

Kyrie is an incredible one on one player that doesn't really mentor nor want to help others on the ball court.
That’s actually not true though.

He had tremendous rapport with the young guys in Boston his first year there. He had them as the best team in the east before he got injured. I think I remember them beating the Warriors at full strength.

That’s why they would’ve EASILY been in the 2018 Finals had Kyrie not gotten hurt. Rookie Jason Tatum took LeBron and K. Love’s Cavaliers to SEVEN games. They would’ve been a much tougher matchup for Golden State.

The young guys on that team revered Rie as well, even after he left and came back as an opposing player.

Lupe fiasco is awesome by the way.

But Kyrie is much more Kanye. They both have their boss like abilities, but also are both bad shit crazy and at times over emotional. I don’t consider Yeezy an actual boss. Super creative and entrepreneurial? Sure. Just like Kyrie.

SATAN
09-16-2021, 09:33 PM
This is quite an early midlife crisis.

Manny98
09-17-2021, 11:02 AM
Kyrie just destroyed Nick Wrong on Twitter

Told you, fake news

8Ball
09-17-2021, 11:08 AM
Destroyed what?

It wasn't a straight denial so it is most likely true.

lakerstekkenn
09-17-2021, 12:14 PM
Maybe Kyrie is going through his emotional problems and just like in Boston it's effecting the other players, so if the Nets do decide to trade him. he would retire according to his agent, otherwise this is strange out of the blue responses and this can't be the case, there's something else going on with the Nets and Kyrie, so somebody isn't happy and Kyrie could be traded.

Patrick Chewing
09-17-2021, 12:17 PM
Lebron ruined Kyrie. Totally mind****ed him.

Dr. Lemon
09-17-2021, 01:19 PM
A lot of Nick Wrights on this forum. Puppets that don't know they're puppets.

https://c.tenor.com/2MA-ypgP6zsAAAAd/listen-to-your-master-doctor-who.gif

Axe
09-17-2021, 06:07 PM
This guy screams cancer most of the time. Just play the goddamn game rather than be a drama queen.

DoctorP
09-17-2021, 06:28 PM

yea