PDA

View Full Version : Top 3 best and worst basketball tv personalities

Bronbron23
09-16-2021, 10:45 AM
Can be anybody on any sport show or nba telecast.

Top 3 worst:
1. Nick wrong
2. Skip Bayless
3. Stephen a smith

Top 3 best:
1. Charles barkley
2. Shannon sharp
3. Ernie Johnson

I would of put rachel Nichols in top 3 worst but thankfully that fugly fat bish is canceled.

MadDog
09-16-2021, 12:35 PM
Agree with your worst, but I would put Colin Cowherd in there before Skip or Stephen A. I remember Colin telling Iverson that he was a great defender; AI looked at him and said he wasn't. :oldlol: Horrible. I find Skip more tolerable than Stephen A because he can debate without swallowing his mic, or sounding like a thesaurus. Skip is also more of a historian. He gives big props to guys like Shaq & Duncan who get lost in the GOAT debate.

Barkley is my favorite and I like Kenny Smith as well. Shannon Sharpe is too much of a homer for me to put top 3. He's like the inverse of Skip whose ironically toned down the LeBron hate. Shannon's stanning is out of control though. I'd actually put Max Kellerman on that list. He's a basketball historian using logic and facts to back up his opinion. Without Stephen A and having to contrive an argument, he's WAYYYY more tolerable. Checkout his new show - he's very good and akin to Bill Simmons.

getting_old
09-16-2021, 02:28 PM
Best: Sir Charles, Bill Walton (including NCAA) and.... why bother

Worst: Hubie and Doris, who sit there reading a cue card of stats the entire game, not a shred of usefulness to the game they are supposed to be broadcasting, and all Toronto announcers except for Leo (the only one with a clue, who isn't SCREAMING over nothing most of the game(

bullettooth
09-16-2021, 03:08 PM
Agree with your worst, but I would put Colin Cowherd in there before Skip or Stephen A. I remember Colin telling Iverson that he was a great defender; AI looked at him and said he wasn't. :oldlol: Horrible. I find Skip more tolerable than Stephen A because he can debate without swallowing his mic, or sounding like a thesaurus. Skip is also more of a historian. He gives big props to guys like Shaq & Duncan who get lost in the GOAT debate.

Barkley is my favorite and I like Kenny Smith as well. Shannon Sharpe is too much of a homer for me to put top 3. He's like the inverse of Skip whose ironically toned down the LeBron hate. Shannon's stanning is out of control though. I'd actually put Max Kellerman on that list. He's a basketball historian using logic and facts to back up his opinion. Without Stephen A and having to contrive an argument, he's WAYYYY more tolerable. Checkout his new show - he's very good and akin to Bill Simmons.

:cheers:

jlip
09-16-2021, 03:23 PM
Right now, Kevin Harlan is by far the best commentator. His "right between the eyes" and "with no regard for human life" are legendary.

ShawkFactory
09-16-2021, 03:24 PM
Skip is too much of a gimmick. He almost solely makes his living hating on Lebron and Aaron Rodgers, and stanning Brady and the Cowboys. It gets tiresome. Like an ISH poster who can't talk about other things.

tpols
09-16-2021, 03:25 PM
Barkley is easily the best. For a guy as ferocious as he was on the court, he has an amazing amount of humility on the air. He doesent take himself so seriously and speaks a lot of truth.

Kenny Griffin
09-16-2021, 03:43 PM
best ever

#1 kobe (detail)
#2 Rick Barry ( analyst 15 years ago)
#3 Tim legler ( just brings unbiased facts and solid breakdowns)

worst ever

#1 Ryan Hollins
#2 magic johnson
#3 Shaquille O'Neal

as bad as guys like Stephen a Smith, Shannon Sharpe and nick Wright are they don't match the stupidity of these 3 guys. they're just extremely biased. but if they're not talking about kobe/lebron/MJ they can at least sound like they watched sports before.

with guys like magic and shaq they're just like "you know they gotta put da ball in da hole. they do what they do. get da job done cause you a laker"

its like they have an 80 IQ

insidehoops
10-12-2021, 11:35 AM
This topic probably helps people decide what they actually want in a sports commentator

getting_old
10-12-2021, 03:58 PM
best ever

worst ever

#1 Ryan Hollins
#2 magic johnson
#3 Shaquille O'Neal

Magic was big on telling us when it was WINNING TIME!!!

Isiah Thomas wasn't the best either, apparently the producer had to say into his headphones, "that's your cue to say something...."

Gohan
10-13-2021, 10:32 AM

I do agree with the ai thing but you cant really take ai’s word for it cause hes super humble

iamgine
10-13-2021, 12:13 PM
No Kendrick Perkins?

3ba11
10-13-2021, 12:19 PM
Can be anybody on any sport show or nba telecast.

Top 3 worst:
1. Nick wrong (thinks a 6'9" WestBrick choker is goat and thought the 17' Warriors had no chance vs Cavs)

2. Skip Bayless (thinks a ball-dominator that has zero #1 offenses in 2 decades and can't use the best strategy - aka ball movement & high assist teams - is the "smartest player ever")

3. Stephen a smith (simplifies MJ's career to the switch-hands shot and 6/6 and the shot over Ehlo)

Top 3 best:

2. Shannon sharp (lies about MJ's career by saying that MJ didn't lead Bulls in assists for most playoff runs and lowered his PPG below 30 to win titles)

fixed

rmt
10-13-2021, 12:42 PM
Chuck, Ernie and Kenny are the best - don't really care for Shaq's mumbling. Inside the NBA is sometimes better than the actual game.

hateraid
10-13-2021, 02:50 PM
Barkley might be the GOAT entertainer player/commentator of all time in ANY sport