PDA

View Full Version : The world's best statisticians have concluded that MJ faced tougher playoff comp

3ba11
09-17-2021, 09:55 PM
https://i.makeagif.com/media/9-18-2021/MXQa8S.gif

https://i.makeagif.com/media/9-18-2021/RrurVS.gif

https://i.makeagif.com/media/9-18-2021/2wctnc.gif

SATAN
09-17-2021, 10:01 PM
LeBron beat a 73 win team. A team that was better than Mikey's super team.

1-9. No Pip No Chip.

Thread cliffs

Spurs m8
09-17-2021, 10:19 PM
Well yeah.

If Jordan played in the LEast, like LeLeader, he would have made the finals every single year.

SATAN
09-17-2021, 10:26 PM
Well yeah.

If Jordan played in the LEast, like LeLeader, he would have made the finals every single year.

So making the finals is a recognizable achievement all of a sudden? I can't keep up with this flip flopping.

3ba11
09-17-2021, 10:29 PM
So making the finals is a recognizable achievement all of a sudden? I can't keep up with this flip flopping.

It's called sarcasm

Forming super-teams and then making the finals demonstrates exactly ZERO basketaball ability

Imagine forming a super-team in a conference that Dwight won without one and then wanting credit for making the Finals... Welcome to 2021

SATAN
09-17-2021, 10:35 PM
You know Miami wasn't even LeBron's idea in the first place, right? How come no one else faces criticism there?

SATAN
09-17-2021, 10:36 PM
Welcome to 2021

The guy that hasn't watched basketball for years saying this :oldlol:

3ba11
09-17-2021, 10:37 PM
You know Miami wasn't even LeBron's idea in the first place, right? How come no one else faces criticism there?

Hard to prove you know how to win when you just team-hop around all the time.. but hey, proving you can team-hop is the next best thing to proving you can win I suppose, right? He proved he's goat at that - team-hopping

MadDog
09-17-2021, 10:41 PM
This is why I don't give credence to LeBron's superior finals comp. I acknowledge it and understand its a fact-based argument - but if we are to accept it, then the road to the finals should also matter. And Jordan's road to the finals was tougher.

SATAN
09-17-2021, 10:47 PM
Hard to prove you know how to win when you just team-hop around all the time.. but hey, proving you can team-hop is the next best thing to proving you can win I suppose, right? He proved he's goat at that - team-hopping

Imagine being chained to a shitty franchise for 10+ years pretending to be loyal to owners who couldn't give a shit about you. MJ was just comfortable getting his stats. No thanks.

Without the correct help brought into the team MJ would have just been known as some athletic freak that never won anything. Like the 80s. Imagine that for his entire career. No Pip. No head coach Phil. Hell, Bulls could of traded MJ for Drexler and had the same results.

LeBron led by example and gave the players power.

3ba11
09-17-2021, 10:54 PM
This is why I don't give credence to LeBron's superior finals comp. I acknowledge it and understand its a fact-based argument - but if we are to accept it, then the road to the finals should also matter. And Jordan's road to the finals was tougher.

It doesn't matter if you think Lebron faced better Finals teams because Lebron had a 3rd star and super-team of his own - if Jordan had a 3rd star teammate like Lebron had, he would win 70+ and the title every year

When Curry's Warriors came to prominence in 15' and 16', they were simply catching up to Lebron's super-teams, while the Spurs/Mavs were similar or inferior to Jordan's Finals opponents.

Lebron infact hand-picked the preseason league favorite from 2011-2016 - these super-teams were so unfair, that KD had to join Curry/Klay to level the playing field.

So Lebron doesn't need to be compensated for playing good Finals comp, but he was anyway - he got: 1) more Finals opportunities via super-team in a weak conference and he also got: 2) an extra star teammate, aka big 3 super-team ("not 6, not 7")..

RRR3
09-17-2021, 10:55 PM
LeBron beat a 73 win team. Kobe pooped his pants in the finals every year except 2002 and 2009.

3ba11
09-17-2021, 10:58 PM
LeBron beat a 73 win team. Kobe pooped his pants in the finals every year except 2002 and 2009.

Kobe easily wins the 2015 Finals because he doesn't let an 8 ppg bench player double his scoring average and be FMVP, and he shoots amazing against the single-coverage that Lebron got against Iggy, who Kobe normally dropped for 50 (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BAHpkkjDzwI&t=0m15s)

But back to the point - if Jordan had a 3rd perennial all-star teammate (big 3), he would win 70 plus the title every year and be favored against Curry's Warriors, while the Spurs/Mavs were already similar or inferior to Jordan's Finals opponents

Lebron infact hand-picked the preseason league favorite from 2011-2016 - these super-teams were so unfair, that KD had to join Curry/Klay to level the playing field.

So Lebron doesn't need to be compensated for playing good Finals comp, but he was anyway - he got: 1) more Finals opportunities via super-team in a weak conference and he also got: 2) an extra star teammate, aka big 3 super-team ("not 6, not 7")..

3ba11
09-17-2021, 11:07 PM
Kobe easily wins the 2015 Finals because he doesn't let an 8 ppg bench player double his scoring average and be FMVP, and he shoots amazing against the single-coverage that Lebron got against Iggy, who Kobe normally dropped for 50 (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BAHpkkjDzwI&t=0m15s)

But back to the point - if Jordan had a 3rd perennial all-star teammate (big 3), he would win 70 plus the title every year and be favored against Curry's Warriors, while the Spurs/Mavs were already similar or inferior to Jordan's Finals opponents.

RRR3 destroyed by this post... still breathin lil fella?

RRR3
09-17-2021, 11:08 PM
Kobe never won a single finals with comparable help to 2015 LeBron. He never even played a single finals GAME with comparable help. He also only had ONE efficient finals (against the Kidd Nets with prime Shaq as his first option) so I’m not sure why you think 2015 would be any different. You’re just spewing shit and hoping no one double checks the actual facts. I’m not sure why you think the Warriors wouldn’t double Kobe either, he was horrible handling doubles, that’s why he got doubled so much. He’d shoot over the doubles and brick a ton while not offering the defense or passing of LeBron. 2015 was pretty clearly an outlier for LeBron too btw he had back problems all year that affected his scoring and shooting.

3ba11
09-17-2021, 11:09 PM
Kobe never won a single finals with comparable help to 2015 LeBron. He never even played a single finals GAME with comparable help. He also only had one efficient finals so I’m not sure why you think 2015 would be any different. You’re just spewing shit and hoping no one double checks the actual facts.

Any Finals team with Kobe on it would intimidate curry and the rookie Warriors weren't good Finals comp... Infact, the Curry Warriors are 8-11 in the Finals without KD... That's why they were down 2-1 to LeWestbrick and lost to Kawhi on his Canada vacation

If LeWestbrick can get a 2-1 lead on them by shooting like Iverson and playing defense like Kukoc, then Kobe would destroy the curry warriors..

RRR3
09-17-2021, 11:12 PM
Any Finals team with Kobe on it would intimidate curry and the rookie Warriors weren't good Finals comp... Infact, the Curry Warriors are 8-11 in the Finals without KD... That's why they were down 2-1 to LeWestbrick and lost to Kawhi on his Canada vacation

If LeWestbrick can get a 2-1 lead on them by shooting like Iverson and playing defense like Kukoc, then Kobe would destroy the curry warriors..
Name a single time Kobe destroyed anyone in the finals :lol

kuniva_dAMiGhTy
09-17-2021, 11:15 PM

His Kobe love knows no bounds.

3ball's mom whooped his ass one day after getting her credit card statement in the mail. :oldlol: Girl lemme get off this phone. I needa find out who the f*ck bought all this Kobe lingerie ON MY CREDIT CARD!

:yaohappy:

Kenny Griffin
09-17-2021, 11:16 PM
you all need to stop this

3ba11
09-17-2021, 11:16 PM

He destroyed Pierce and Allen (KG was hurt), and he destroyed Dwight

Check the stats... Kobe's are pretty good in those series, while playing the top brand of ball - imagine if he got to play the Westbrooking style and take 35 shots like Lebron - he'd make more than 39% against single coverage and Klay frieking Thompson... :facepalm:... gtfo

8Ball
09-17-2021, 11:19 PM
Pippen won 55 games without Jordan.
Jordan is 1-9 without Pippen.

Still no answer for this puzzle 30 years later.

Kenny Griffin
09-17-2021, 11:19 PM
He destroyed Pierce and Allen (KG was hurt), and he destroyed Dwight

Check the stats... Kobe's are pretty good - imagine if he got to play the Westbrooking style and take 35 shots like Lebron - he'd make more than 39% against single coverage and Klay frieking Thompson... :facepalm:... gtfo

if you really wanna hurt them. agree with them

they want you to talk about kobe cause they love bashing him. its easy cause kobe has flaws to his career. jordan doesn't so they need the kobe angle to feel like they can win an argument. just say kobe sucks. you're right.

it will drive them insane

Kenny Griffin
09-17-2021, 11:21 PM

Still no answer for this puzzle 30 years later.

jordan never lost as the favorite. he only lost to legendary stacked teams before he got one good teammate then he basically never lost again as a bull during a full season

jordan basically won 6 straight with a guy thats on par with chris bosh

you guys will never win an argument vs MJ. stick to kobe talk cause kobe sucks and so does lebron

Kenny Griffin
09-17-2021, 11:22 PM

nobody. kobe and lebron both got destroyed in multiple finals and jordan never did

kobe and lebron are farts in the wind compared to MJ

8Ball
09-17-2021, 11:23 PM
Nice paragraphs.

Jordan never won 50 games without Pippen.

8Ball
09-17-2021, 11:24 PM

they want you to talk about kobe cause they love bashing him. its easy cause kobe has flaws to his career. jordan doesn't so they need the kobe angle to feel like they can win an argument. just say kobe sucks. you're right.

Kobe doesn't suck. Stop saying it.

He is top 12. That's not a bad player.

Kenny Griffin
09-17-2021, 11:25 PM
Nice paragraphs.

Jordan never won 50 games without Pippen.

the hawks won 60 games once. nobody cares

anyone can have an inflated regular season. we all saw what happened in the playoffs. pippen does what he does best. quit and cry like lebron and kobe

and jordan never lost as the favorite. lebron and kobe have

stick to kobe vs lebron threads kiddo

3ba11
09-17-2021, 11:26 PM

hmmm.. that's very smart sir... they are some low IQ weasels that would die if they had to argue Lebron alone against Jordan without their Kobe crutch

Kenny Griffin
09-17-2021, 11:29 PM
hmmm.. that's very smart sir... they are some low IQ weasels that would die if they had to argue Lebron alone against Jordan without their Kobe crutch

exactly. i figured it out recently. they trash kobe constantly on here because hes barely a top 10 player all time career wise. kobes legacy is entirely based on respect and they know thats just opinion based so when they list off numbers and accomplishments they make lebron look like a god.

they dont wanna do that same game vs jordan. even with analytics and advanced metrics lebum looks like a midget compared to the goat MJ

they keep kobes name alive on here only as a crutch because lebron doesn't have a leg to stand on in a goat debate

3ba11
09-17-2021, 11:32 PM
exactly. i figured it out recently. they trash kobe constantly on here because hes barely a top 10 player all time career wise. kobes legacy is entirely based on respect and they know thats just opinion based so when they list off numbers and accomplishments they make lebron look like a god.

they dont wanna do that same game vs jordan. even with analytics and advanced metrics lebum looks like a midget compared to the goat MJ

they keep kobes name alive on here only as a crutch because lebron doesn't have a leg to stand on in a goat debate

https://c.tenor.com/kIQrU0Uhq7EAAAAC/snoop-dogg-dance.gif

SATAN
09-17-2021, 11:34 PM
MJ stans I know absolutely rejoiced in 2018 when LeBron fractured his hand and couldn't deliver with that pathetic team. I recall one in particular, I was watching game one with him and he spent all game salivating and desperately hoping for LeBron to fail as LeBron approached 50 points.

I found it absolutely ridiculous to root against someone so hard. It didn't make sense. He had no interest in either team playing. Now I look back and realize this guy must have been absolutely terrified of MJ's legacy being hung out to dry. :oldlol:

It's truly unbelievable the level of hero worship MJ stans show towards their god. It's like a cult.

Axe
09-17-2021, 11:41 PM
Why did you create a gimmick account last year tho for the sake of despising an all-time basketball great? It's absolutely pathetic.

2much_knowledge
09-18-2021, 01:43 AM
Everyone knows that.

2much_knowledge
09-18-2021, 01:44 AM
MJ stans I know absolutely rejoiced in 2018 when LeBron fractured his hand and couldn't deliver with that pathetic team. I recall one in particular, I was watching game one with him and he spent all game salivating and desperately hoping for LeBron to fail as LeBron approached 50 points.

I found it absolutely ridiculous to root against someone so hard. It didn't make sense. He had no interest in either team playing. Now I look back and realize this guy must have been absolutely terrified of MJ's legacy being hung out to dry. :oldlol:

It's truly unbelievable the level of hero worship MJ stans show towards their god. It's like a cult.

Fractured hand??? Lol. More like a last minute excuse out of nowhere. But hey, he ain't no kobe thats for sure

Chick Stern
09-18-2021, 01:46 AM
OP forgot to type “gurgle, gurgle” at the end of his post

Spurs m8
09-18-2021, 05:58 AM

No fake fractured hand will make us forget the SWEEP.

Not his only time being swept either..

How about going 1-9 over 2017-18 in the finals hahahahhaha

How embarrassing...like this whole legacy

Manny98
09-18-2021, 06:13 AM
Yep LeBron played in arguably the weakest conference ever hence why he was able to get to the finals 8 times in a row, especially with superteams by his side

outofstomach
09-18-2021, 07:04 AM
Kobe doesn't suck. Stop saying it.

He is top 12. That's not a bad player.
NOW kobe doesn’t suck :lol the flip flopping is really shameless :lol

DoctorP
09-18-2021, 09:13 AM
Jordan's the GOAT.

Congrats.

TheCorporation
09-18-2021, 09:45 AM
10 beats 6

Next

Dagoods
09-18-2021, 11:10 AM
The BULLS won more total games (regular season + playoffs) than that 73-win team.

Dagoods
09-18-2021, 11:11 AM
6-0 beats 4-6.

Done.

expansionera
09-18-2021, 11:31 AM
6-0 beats 4-6.

Done.

Against what competition? None of the teams Jordan beat compare to the dynasties Lebron competed against, by this logic Robert Horry is better than Wilt.

Dagoods
09-18-2021, 02:34 PM
Against what competition? None of the teams Jordan beat compare to the dynasties Lebron competed against, by this logic Robert Horry is better than Wilt.

In a tougher era. Players like CURRY were bench players in Jordan's era. His daddy and his coach came off the bench, he would do the same!

Chick Stern
09-18-2021, 03:30 PM
In a tougher era*. Players like CURRY were bench players in Jordan's era. His daddy and his coach came off the bench, he would do the same!
*weakest NBA era

Manny98
09-18-2021, 03:38 PM
None of Jordans finals opponents compare to the mighty Jimmy Butler Miami Heat :oldlol:

SATAN
09-18-2021, 11:33 PM
In a tougher era. Players like CURRY were bench players in Jordan's era. His daddy and his coach came off the bench, he would do the same!

No they ****in' weren't lmao. Even Mark Price wasn't as good as Curry.

And comparing Steph to Dell is moronic.

Axe
09-19-2021, 06:08 AM
The spurs went 4/4 in their ring count before 2010 yet nobody calls their rings weak. It's funny af.

Hey Yo
09-19-2021, 12:58 PM
None of Jordans finals opponents compare to the mighty Jimmy Butler Miami Heat :oldlol:

None of James' Finals opponents compares to the mighty Utah, 54 total points scored in a Finals game, Jazz.

72-10
09-19-2021, 04:56 PM
Instead of incessantly comparing Michael with LeBron, actually Bird probably faced just as tough of competition as Michael did. Not only did he deal with the Lakers on an annual basis, he first had to contend with Detroit and Philadelphia.