PDA

View Full Version : Jerry West: “LeBron James is without question, better than Kobe Bryant”

GrayGoat
09-20-2021, 08:23 PM
https://www.google.com/amp/s/thesportsrush.com/nba-news-lebron-james-is-without-question-better-than-kobe-bryant-when-jerry-west-made-an-insanely-bold-take-about-the-then-lakers-and-cavaliers-stars/%3famp

kuniva_dAMiGhTy
09-20-2021, 08:24 PM
I gave yall some good bait

:yaohappy:

It was unintentional and all, but damn ... :lol

Kenny Griffin
09-20-2021, 08:34 PM
why do lebron fans insist on using kobe as a comparison.. theres 14 other guys higher all time if there was a draft tomorrow

shaq
wilt
jordan
Kareem
Hakeem
russell
Duncan
giannis
garnett
Moses
Robinson
Durant
magic
bird

kobe/lebron and kawhi or curry would all be waiting like "days f*ck I thought the media said we were great"

GrayGoat
09-20-2021, 08:40 PM
why do lebron fans insist on using kobe as a comparison.. theres 14 other guys higher all time if there was a draft tomorrow

shaq
wilt
jordan
Kareem
Hakeem
russell
Duncan
giannis
garnett
Moses
Robinson
Durant
magic
bird

kobe/lebron and kawhi or curry would all be waiting like "days f*ck I thought the media said we were great"

This is coming from Jerry West. Do you think he is wrong?

Kenny Griffin
09-20-2021, 08:42 PM

jerry west said Kobe was the best he ever saw after Jordan. I can't take him seriously because of that. did he not see shaq and Duncan lmao

so him replacing kobe with lebron isn't saying much

Bronbron23
09-20-2021, 08:43 PM

Nope but that means mj>bron right?

GrayGoat
09-20-2021, 08:48 PM
jerry west said Kobe was the best he ever saw after Jordan. I can't take him seriously because of that. did he not see shaq and Duncan lmao

so him replacing kobe with lebron isn't saying much

That was before he saw LeBron ;)

Kenny Griffin
09-20-2021, 09:02 PM
That was before he saw LeBron ;)

I dont think you got the point. west said Kobe. an inefficient chucker was the best player he ever saw after jordan

he has no credibility because he totally disregarded way better players like shaq and Duncan. so how can you take him seriously for saying lebron is anything special

1987_Lakers
09-20-2021, 09:10 PM
There you have it, the guy who drafted Kobe and is known as one of the GOAT GMs says LeBron is better.

:roll:

GrayGoat
09-20-2021, 09:15 PM
There you have it, the guy who drafted Kobe and is known as one of the GOAT GMs says LeBron is better.

Apparently Kenny is a better gm :biggums::facepalm:oldlol:

Kenny Griffin
09-20-2021, 09:30 PM

wtf so now you think kobes good. sorry but there was a 2 time mvp from that same draft that was far more efficient. of west was smart he trades divac for nash

deathawaitu
09-20-2021, 09:53 PM
Jerry west option has less credibility than me :lol

West can relate to Lebron cause they are both greatest final losers in the history of NBA

Failures such as west and Lebron can relates to each other

Kenny Griffin
09-20-2021, 10:02 PM
Jerry west option has less credibility than me :lol

West can relate to Lebron cause they are both greatest final losers in the history of NBA

Failures such as west and Lebron can relates to each other

didn't didn't think about that. good analysis

why wouldn't west over hype a guy with 6 finals losses. it makes his 8 finals Ls look better

8Ball
09-21-2021, 12:14 AM
https://www.google.com/amp/s/thesportsrush.com/nba-news-lebron-james-is-without-question-better-than-kobe-bryant-when-jerry-west-made-an-insanely-bold-take-about-the-then-lakers-and-cavaliers-stars/%3famp

Water is wet.

I have believed this since 2009.

Kenny Griffin
09-21-2021, 12:22 AM
Water is wet.

I have believed this since 2009.

again I ask. why do lebron fans still use kobe as their measuring stick. because they know he has major flaws and a lack of individual accomplishments. hes riddled with holes in his career like lebron. its an easy target. kobe has just 1 mvp and only 2 finals mvps and won most of his titles as a 2nd banana with crappy finals numbers. that's why you guys constantly wanna compare lebron to him

kobe is the most overrated player of all time in any sport and that's who you guys fear lol

pathetic

1987_Lakers
09-21-2021, 12:34 AM
again I ask. why do lebron fans still use kobe as their measuring stick. because they know he has major flaws and a lack of individual accomplishments. hes riddled with holes in his career like lebron. its an easy target. kobe has just 1 mvp and only 2 finals mvps and won most of his titles as a 2nd banana with crappy finals numbers. that's why you guys constantly wanna compare lebron to him

kobe is the most overrated player of all time in any sport and that's who you guys fear lol

pathetic

It's so funny how blind you are, the reason people here compare him to Kobe is to troll you, you go on some epic meltdowns, disappear, then come back to take another whooping. When you are gone, he is hardly talked about here.

Take the current project for best players ever we are currently having on this forum, in that project nobody even discussed Kobe for top 5 or 6, then you appear out of nowhere and made one of the threads about Kobe. Kobe was a great player and all, but he wasn't as great as you make him out to be, the sooner you realize that the better.

RRR3
09-21-2021, 01:00 AM
It's so funny how blind you are, the reason people here compare him to Kobe is to troll you, you go on some epic meltdowns, disappear, then come back to take another whooping. When you are gone, he is hardly talked about here.

Take the current project for best players ever we are currently having on this forum, in that project nobody even discussed Kobe for top 5 or 6, then you appear out of nowhere and made one of the threads about Kobe. Kobe was a great player and all, but he wasn't as great as you make him out to be, the sooner you realize that the better.
We do it to troll 3ball too. Since he hides behind MJ as he’s too scared to compare LeBron to Kobe

Kenny Griffin
09-21-2021, 01:10 AM

exactly. like I said you're a hurt child in need of a cat to torture to make up for getting a beat down by a bigger person than you

jordan and his fans have your number and always will so you resent kobe and his fans and use them as your targets to feel good about yourself. you dont fear kobe. he has 1 mvp. hes barely top 10. people say lebron is 2nd or 3rd all time. all you have in life is fans of a lesser accomplished flawed player. that's who you go after because it's an easier path

you're like your idol lol

kobe had small hands and wasn't very fast or strong. he over achieved. he practiced more than anyone and still couldn't shoot efficiently. kobe was a 2nd banana that triumphed and overcame deficiencies with some help along the way. kobe is the story of a guy that modeled his game after the goat and did a poor imitation and somehow made a career out of it. he's a great story because he needed those bail outs from teammates. he wasn't that good. he barely made the top 10 and now he might not even be top 15 in a few years. he's not someone we have to spite. he's a normal guy like me or you. he has flaws and got injured a bunch. he's like a fan pretending to be an nba player and had one of the best careers ever while having less actual talent than a smush Parker. he was manufactured by the media to replace jordan and wasn't even better than Eddie Jones. it's a miracle his teams won. they basically won in spite of him. and he never should have won an mvp but got that done somehow. I say Chris paul shoulda won it but it was close. it's incredible because that was at a time when Duncan Duncan lebron were twice the players kobe was. kobes legacy is one we should all look back on fondly. he has so many fans because they wanted to believe there could be another MJ. it's not our fault. we loved mj. he was the goat and some of us barely got to witness him. so we lived through kobe and he gave us a great career. theres no reason to hate him so much. you should only hate people who leave something on the table and take short cuts or let people down when they're capable of way more. lebron is someone we should hate. not kobe. lebron was born to be the goat. he had the body and the talent and the teammates and left so much on the table. hes the one you should be angry with. not kobe

let it go man

Stephonit
09-21-2021, 02:15 AM
This was before Kobe won two more rings with Pau and the inferior player melted down in 2011 right?

Kenny Griffin
09-21-2021, 02:32 AM
This was before Kobe won two more rings with Pau and the inferior player melted down in 2011 right?

i actually just now watched the video and he never says lebron is without question better than kobe. the woman clearly says "he asked west if he had to start a team now. who would he pick" and then west says "to me its a no brainer" and goes on to say why lebron is better going forward for the way the league is and he probably also took into account that lebron was just getting started and kobe was on his last legs

its kind of sad that even in 2021 with kobe dead and gone and not even a threat that his fans would need to lie and twist a story in his favor

Jason Terry
09-21-2021, 07:39 AM
I destroyed both Kobe and LeBron in the playoffs

8Ball
09-21-2021, 07:44 AM

pathetic

I agree. 1 mvp and 2 finals mvp is pathetic.