PDA

View Full Version : Ben Simmons doesn't plan to report to Sixers training camp.

jlip
09-21-2021, 01:35 PM
https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/32250236/sources-ben-simmons-report-done-philadelphia-76ers

RRR3
09-21-2021, 01:39 PM
Morey needs to just trade him. He’s not getting Lillard.

ArbitraryWater
09-21-2021, 01:40 PM
would be impossible to continue in that environment after all that happened

he'd be embarrassed to probably

bison
09-21-2021, 01:43 PM
What's this guy's stock right now? Has some good skills but is a known pouter, refuses to improve his game, and is a coward in the playoffs. No way Sixers get an all star for this guy.

pandiani17
09-21-2021, 02:20 PM
What's this guy's stock right now? Has some good skills but is a known pouter, refuses to improve his game, and is a coward in the playoffs. No way Sixers get an all star for this guy.

Totally agree. That's why he hasn't been traded in the summer, I think the offers the Sixers have been getting were laughable, as his stock is really low right now.

n00bie
09-21-2021, 02:53 PM
Totally agree. That's why he hasn't been traded in the summer, I think the offers the Sixers have been getting were laughable, as his stock is really low right now.

Low right now? His stock will always stay this low. His mentality / personality is his problem, and you can't change who you are. He's a scared little boy who's afraid of being laughed at.

L.Kizzle
09-21-2021, 03:04 PM
His stock would rise he he just reports to training camp.

RogueBorg
09-21-2021, 03:26 PM
Morey needs to just trade him. He’s not getting Lillard.

Trade him for what? I wouldn't want that bum who's skin is about as thick as tissue. No thank you.

SouBeachTalents
09-21-2021, 03:33 PM
I can't think of someone outside of injury who's stock has dropped this dramatically over the span of a few months. Who would you even give up for Simmons at this point that Philly would accept in a trade? The only move I could think of that could still benefit both teams is McCollum for Simmons. That's very likely the best deal they're gonna get at this point.

Mask the Embiid
09-21-2021, 03:39 PM
Why haven’t we traded him for Brogdon yet…that’s a perfectly fine trade to me

Seems like no Gm is dumb enough to think he could be giannis if he had his own team surrounded by shooters. Gms is are smarter than I thought….touché gms…touché

FireDavidKahn
09-21-2021, 07:36 PM

Each day they hang onto him his value gets lower.

97 bulls
09-21-2021, 08:05 PM
Low right now? His stock will always stay this low. His mentality / personality is his problem, and you can't change who you are. He's a scared little boy who's afraid of being laughed at.

Combine everything you said with his apparently not even wanting to be in Philly anymore. And his huge contract.. The Sixers should've took ond of the deals they had available.

Druckenmiller
09-22-2021, 12:21 AM
Combine everything you said with his apparently not even wanting to be in Philly anymore. And his huge contract.. The Sixers should've took ond of the deals they had available.

At this point they should just keep him for four years and not pay him if he doesn't shot up. Then if he does, bench him. Just for fun.

that would be far more interesting than anything else they have planned. Will keep the team in the spotlight non0-stop and keep Simmons from embarassing himself any further on a basketball court. Dude doesn't look like he really enjoys playing basketball anyway.

NBAGOAT
09-22-2021, 01:26 AM
Why haven’t we traded him for Brogdon yet…that’s a perfectly fine trade to me

Seems like no Gm is dumb enough to think he could be giannis if he had his own team surrounded by shooters. Gms is are smarter than I thought….touché gms…touché

i agree but morey is waiting for more. tbf bev/beasley and 3 picks would be worth more than brogdon and 1

SATAN
09-22-2021, 03:28 AM
Should have been an AFL player. This is hilarious.

coin24
09-22-2021, 05:44 AM
Can they terminate his contract?

He deserves it

Real Men Wear Green
09-22-2021, 07:55 AM
Obviously too late but I wonder if the Cs could have dealt Kemba Walker for him if they still had Walker.

hold this L
09-22-2021, 09:08 AM

Rumors of what Morey wants are also laughable. Warriors talked with Morey early into the trade season and the call didn't last more than a few minutes.

8Ball
09-22-2021, 09:16 AM

Punish him.

Teams need to have balls.

8Ball
09-22-2021, 09:19 AM
Rumors of what Morey wants are also laughable. Warriors talked with Morey early into the trade season and the call didn't last more than a few minutes.

I am glad Morey is getting shafted by other execs.

LeMao getting his revenge.

Jasper
09-22-2021, 09:51 AM
https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/32135075/everything-know-know-ben-simmons-philadelphia-76ers-their-trade-impasse

the impasse has created an option for broken down Kawhi to find a new home and blame it on others while Simmons plays with the clips and wins a title.

bladefd
09-22-2021, 10:43 AM

Philly also loses any leverage whatsoever that they might have

TheMan
09-23-2021, 11:45 AM

Yep, he's mentally weak, makes LeBron look like MJ/Kobe killer instinct. At least you gotta give Bran credit for not folding like a bitch after the 2011 debacle, this Simmons dude is a bitch and will always be a bitch.

hold this L
09-23-2021, 12:21 PM
I am glad Morey is getting shafted by other execs.

LeMao getting his revenge.

https://aws1.discourse-cdn.com/eveonline/original/3X/a/8/a87dd892582206c01674af8cb80008c9a5a46550.gif

DoctorP
09-23-2021, 01:39 PM
We saw this coming, didn't we?

If Ben was patient he would probably have been traded by the all-star break but now he can sit on his ass with his hot girlfriend and collect checks until Philly trades him.

He probably STILL won't WORK ON HIS FREE THROWS.

GOBB
09-23-2021, 03:28 PM
No need to give in to his demands. He signed a hefty deal. He wants his money he will report. Otherwise he loses lots of money and gets a bad rep across the league. And once again toy fans underestimate teams intelligence. Keep thinking they are “smart”. By trade deadline desperation kicks in.

Real Men Wear Green
09-23-2021, 06:19 PM
We saw this coming, didn't we?

If Ben was patient he would probably have been traded by the all-star break but now he can sit on his ass with his hot girlfriend and collect checks until Philly trades him.

He probably STILL won't WORK ON HIS FREE THROWS.
If he doesn't report they don't have to pay him and there is no reason why they would. If he had been saving money he can take the hit but even guaranteed contracts require healthy players to play

DoctorP
09-23-2021, 06:59 PM
If he doesn't report they don't have to pay him and there is no reason why they would. If he had been saving money he can take the hit but even guaranteed contracts require healthy players to play

They don't? Any sources that will confirm this?

DCL
09-23-2021, 07:44 PM
b!tch ass too scared to shoot in the 4th quarter and he mad at the franchise? :roll:

nobody wants this retarded disease in their locker room.

lakerstekkenn
09-23-2021, 07:49 PM
Why doesn't he just report to training camp and let his improved play, do the talking, then other teams will trade for him, then he can laugh at those who trashed him.

DoctorP
09-23-2021, 07:54 PM
Why doesn't he just report to training camp and let his improved play, do the talking, then other teams will trade for him, then he can laugh at those who trashed him.

Soft era :lol

GOBB
09-23-2021, 10:58 PM
They don't? Any sources that will confirm this?

Are u remedial? Lol You need sources to tell you the sixers do NOT have to pay him if he doesn’t....PLAY? Tell me you’re trolling because this is elementary stuff. Apply it to your real world. You sit out of work. You think you’re employer pays you????

Thenameless
09-23-2021, 11:39 PM
Simmons should just show up and play like a dog just like Harden did. I mean, it may not be the most professional thing to do, but the Sixers'll get the message and sooner than later their hand will be forced.