PDA

View Full Version : Since Dirk nearly beat 14' Spurs w/ Monta, he would demolish Spurs w/ Wade/Bosh/Allen

3ba11
09-21-2021, 01:52 PM
Dirk only needed 1 star teammate to compete with the Spurs - so HOF's like Bosh and Ray Allen were overkill, let alone Wade, who played great in the 14' ECF (equal scoring partner to Lebron) - the Spurs had simply solved the bad fit with Wade/Lebron as SB Nation documents here (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?496010-Giannis-just-destroyed-LeBron%92s-entire-career-and-legacy-with-a-single-quote&p=14441582&viewfull=1#post14441582), so Wade couldn't get going despite working really hard.. Dirk/Wade wouldn't have this bad fit and Dirk didn't need 3 HOF teammates to beat the Spurs anyway (he nearly won with just Monta)

Conclusion - Dirk goes 4/4 with Wade/Bosh/Allen and therefore Lebron's 2/4 including goat choke and record loss is a joke and nowhere near goat

RRR3
09-21-2021, 02:07 PM
It tears Snivelly up inside that LeBron is by consensus considered far superior to his hero Kobe.

TheCorporation
09-21-2021, 02:17 PM
LeBron > Jordan > Kobe

https://i.postimg.cc/KYQqn6FT/yuyuyuyuyu.gif

Manny98
09-21-2021, 02:18 PM
Agreed Dirk and Wade would be the perfect fit

Dirk has a skillsets that allows him to fit with anyone, Wade and Dirk would be unstoppable but Wade and LeBron are beatable.

LeBron has a flawed skillset which limits the production of his teammates hence why the Heat couldn't win at least 3/4

TheCorporation
09-21-2021, 02:19 PM

Dirk has a skillsets that allows him to fit with anyone, Wade and Dirk would be unstoppable but Wade and LeBron are beatable.

LeBron has a flawed skillset which limits the production of his teammates hence why the Heat couldn't win at least 3/4

Interesting. So how limited was KD with Russ and Harden if he won zero in seven years together with Russell?

RRR3
09-21-2021, 02:20 PM
Mahknee98 reduced to agreeing with Snivelball eeyikes.

SouBeachTalents
09-21-2021, 02:25 PM
Since Joe Johnson nearly beat the '08 Celtics with Josh Smith, he would demolish the Celtics with Gasol/Odom/Bynum

RRR3
09-21-2021, 02:26 PM
Since Joe Johnson nearly beat the '08 Celtics with Josh Smith, he would demolish the Celtics with Gasol/Odom/Bynum
:lol

There’s a reason OP was voted the most destroyed poster on the NBA forum

3ba11
09-21-2021, 02:33 PM

Odom and Bynum are role players and not even all-stars, whereas the argument works with Wade/Bosh/Allen because they're all HOF's.. Odom/Bynum aren't even better than Joe Johnson's other teammates.

We can't start pretending HOF's are the same as non-all-star role players.

btw, the 08' Celtics were nearly beaten by everyone, while the Spurs blew out everyone

RRR3
09-21-2021, 02:35 PM
Andrew Bynum was quite literally an all-star and lol at using washed up Ray Allen as an example of anything. LeBron is consensus too 3 and Kobe is fighting to be top 12. Tell us where it hurts Snivelly. You wasted years of your life shitting on LeBron only for him to lap your hero anyways :roll:

SouBeachTalents
09-21-2021, 02:35 PM
Odom and Bynum are role players and not even all-stars, whereas the argument works with Wade/Bosh/Allen because they're all HOF's
Odom put up better production than Bosh and 2014 Ray Allen was absolutely a role player doofus :lol

RRR3
09-21-2021, 02:37 PM
Odom put up better production than Bosh and 2014 Ray Allen was absolutely a role player doofus :lol
He completely avoided the Joe Johnson part too. Snivelly.

SouBeachTalents
09-21-2021, 02:38 PM
Odom and Bynum are role players and not even all-stars, whereas the argument works with Wade/Bosh/Allen because they're all HOF's.. Odom/Bynum aren't even better than Joe Johnson's other teammates.

We can't start pretending HOF's are the same as non-all-star role players.

btw, the 08' Celtics were nearly beaten by everyone, while the Spurs blew out everyone
You mean like you do with Pippen?

TheCorporation
09-21-2021, 02:41 PM

Annnnnnd SCENE :lol

RRR3
09-21-2021, 02:43 PM
How devastated was 3ball when this happened?

https://youtu.be/QFfrFmBRgCw

I’m guessing the TV was smashed, tubs of ice cream were consumed and a suppository or two was needed.

3ba11
09-21-2021, 02:46 PM
You mean like you do with Pippen?

I provide backup and proof - I don't make dumb analogies that assume a role player = a hof'er

RRR3
09-21-2021, 02:48 PM
LeBron doubled Kobe’s FMVP total. Kobe was by far the worst finals performer of anyone in the top 15. Tell us where it hurts.

Manny98
09-21-2021, 03:12 PM
Interesting. So how limited was KD with Russ and Harden if he won zero in seven years together with Russell?
Huh?

https://i.postimg.cc/2yPX5QbH/3f1c3f325882092a9eb46098159ec54f.gif

ralph_i_el
09-21-2021, 03:19 PM
The 2014 Spurs were great because they had GOAT level strategic/tactical coaching, and a squad of veterans who had played together a lot and were able to implement that coaching perfectly. The Mavs were the closest team to beating them because they were the only team that could compete with them in terms of savvy and strategy. They still lost.

ralph_i_el
09-21-2021, 03:20 PM

^This is true. Dirk would also be the best possible superstar teammate FOR LeBron at the time. If you are a ballhandling slasher, he's the big man you want to play with. So many mediocre or washed-up guards played great alongside Dirk.

TheCorporation
09-21-2021, 03:31 PM
Huh?

https://i.postimg.cc/2yPX5QbH/3f1c3f325882092a9eb46098159ec54f.gif

How limited was KD with Russ and Harden if he won zero in seven years together with Russell?

HBK_Kliq_2
09-21-2021, 03:36 PM
I don't think anybody was beating spurs that year as long as they kept giving Kawhi the ball like they did in the finals. They were the greatest team of all time led by the greatest player of all time in Kawhi.

MadDog
09-21-2021, 03:53 PM
Dirk and Wade would fit seemlesly. So you're probably right :confusedshrug:

Good point lol. I educated 3ball on this hypothetical earlier. With a washed Big Z as a number 2, LeBron poured in 45/6/5 at Boston in a Game 7. If he were with Gasol, Odom and Bynum who's to say Cleveland wouldnt "demolish" them?

Manny98
09-21-2021, 03:56 PM
How limited was KD with Russ and Harden if he won zero in seven years together with Russell?
Dunno

https://i.postimg.cc/KvygL9Sm/giphy-3.gif

ShawkFactory
09-21-2021, 04:37 PM
The 08 Celtics were taken to 7 games by 37 and 45 win teams in the east but wiped the Lakers.

3ba11
09-21-2021, 04:39 PM
The 08 Celtics were taken to 7 games by 37 and 45 win teams in the east but wiped the Lakers.

^^^ while the Spurs blew everyone away except the Mavs

And the Heat had 4 HOF's and the Lakers 2

ShawkFactory
09-21-2021, 04:59 PM
^^^ while the Spurs blew everyone away except the Mavs

And the Heat had 4 HOF's and the Lakers 2

What are you trying to say? MVP Dirk lost in the first round to an 8 seed.

Swept by the Thunder in 2012. Didn't even make the playoffs in 2013.

3ba11
09-21-2021, 05:05 PM
What are you trying to say? MVP Dirk lost in the first round to an 8 seed.

Swept by the Thunder in 2012. Didn't even make the playoffs in 2013.

Dirk goes 4/4 with Wade/Bosh, so Lebron's 2/4 is really bad and nowhere near goat

Dirk fits better with Wade/Bosh than Lebron because he has elite jumpshooting skill and can play off-ball (doesn't need to dominate the ball and turn teammates into spot-up shooter)

Bad teammate fits = skill deficit, so Lebron's bad fits are his own fault

ShawkFactory
09-21-2021, 05:09 PM
Dirk goes 4/4 with Wade/Bosh, so Lebron's 2/4 is really bad and nowhere near goat

Dirk fits better with Wade/Bosh than Lebron because he has elite jumpshooting skill and can play off-ball (doesn't need to dominate the ball and turn teammates into spot-up shooter)

Bad teammate fits = skill deficit, so Lebron's bad fits are his own fault

So you use a series where Dirk scored 19 on 42% to try and make your point? :lol

TheCorporation
09-21-2021, 06:03 PM
Dunno

https://i.postimg.cc/KvygL9Sm/giphy-3.gif

I love that game, I was literally at it :lol Whoops!

Manny98
09-21-2021, 06:43 PM
I love that game, I was literally at it :lol Whoops!

I don't know, who cares

https://i.postimg.cc/C1TMQsTw/slack-imgs-4.gif

tpols
09-21-2021, 06:56 PM
That always makes me laugh.

Old ass 2014 Dirk took the supposed GOAT 2014 Spurs to 7 games with Monta Ellis as his sidekick. :oldlol:

If Dirk had Wade and Bosh it would be the true definition of not 4, not 5, not 6 domination.

With bran the 2014 Heat lost by record amount.

ShawkFactory
09-21-2021, 07:07 PM

Old ass 2014 Dirk took the supposed GOAT 2014 Spurs to 7 games with Monta Ellis as his sidekick. :oldlol:

If Dirk had Wade and Bosh it would be the true definition of not 4, not 5, not 6 domination.

Monta outscored Dirk in the series. Sidekick?

But regardless of the top 2 players, that Mavs team was deep and had a smart coaching staff that knows what Pop likes to do and matched up well with it.

SouBeachTalents
09-21-2021, 07:18 PM
Why are people pretending the 2012-14 versions of Dirk & Wade would win 3 straight titles :lol They'd win in 2011 and that'd be it. LeBron was worlds better than Dirk the rest of his tenure on the Heat.

kuniva_dAMiGhTy
09-21-2021, 09:45 PM
Andrew Bynum was quite literally an all-star and lol at using washed up Ray Allen as an example of anything. LeBron is consensus too 3 and Kobe is fighting to be top 12. Tell us where it hurts Snivelly. You wasted years of your life shitting on LeBron only for him to lap your hero anyways :roll:

How devastated was 3ball when this happened?

https://youtu.be/QFfrFmBRgCw

I’m guessing the TV was smashed, tubs of ice cream were consumed and a suppository or two was needed.

*sniff ... sniff*

Yikes. You go any harder at 3ball and he'll pretend to hate Kobe. :lol

RRR3
09-21-2021, 09:47 PM
*sniff ... sniff*

Yikes. You go any harder at 3ball and he'll pretend to hate Kobe. :lol
Always runs back to his MJ pacifier when the going gets tough like the sniveling little rat he is :oldlol:

He literally can’t argue Kobe over LeBron it’s hilarious :roll:

3ba11
09-21-2021, 10:12 PM
Monta outscored Dirk in the series. Sidekick?

But regardless of the top 2 players, that Mavs team had a smart coaching staff that knows what Pop likes to do and matched up well with it.

^^^ if a Spurs or Warriors-type ball-movement, system strategy is what it takes for a team to play on the top level and have the highest team ceiling/Finals record, then why wasn't Lebron's team doing that stuff??

I thought Lebron was a smart player? Why does he only dominate the ball like a playground player and not let coaches implement any of that stuff?... It's been 20 years, so we know that coaches simply can't implement that stuff due to Lebron - it's Lebron's fault - he lacks the skill to produce at a top level while the ball moves - he lacks elite jumpshooting skill and off-ball/assisted skillset)

ELITEpower23
09-21-2021, 11:48 PM

Somebody tell this guy about 2011

Swept the Kobe Lakers 4-0
4-1 the KD, Russ, Harden Thunder
4-2 the LBJ, Wade, Bosh Heat

Not a bad team eh?

DoctorP
09-22-2021, 05:32 PM
Bosh and Dirk are redundant although Dirk would be an offensive upgrade plus a defensive downgrade.

BigShotBob
09-22-2021, 06:50 PM
I don't know, who cares

https://i.postimg.cc/C1TMQsTw/slack-imgs-4.gif

Bang!

tpols
09-22-2021, 08:38 PM
Bosh and Dirk are redundant although Dirk would be an offensive upgrade plus a defensive downgrade.

Dirk had to play his peak/prime with Erik Dampier. It doesn't get any worse than that. Bosh was 24/12 in 2010. Wade was 30/5/5. They blow the lid off any of Dirks teammates.

I just can't even imagine that trio in the east with their best opponent being derrick rose and carlos boozer.

:roll:

They'd have to be hammered to lose, and even then they'd probably still cake it.

09-23-2021, 05:32 AM
What about the 2007 Dubs, would he beat them?

Phoenix
09-23-2021, 07:00 AM

Not really. If anything playing alongside Dirk would have allowed Bosh to play more like he did in Toronto. You could have put Dirk on one wing and Bosh on the other or at the elbow, and employed some nice little PnR scenarios with both Dirk/Wade and Bosh/Wade. Dirk and Bosh is not a problem. Hell in that situation offensively I'd put Dirk at center to create some real mismatches and have Bosh play at PF, then switch them defensively.

Speaking generally, the whole 'Dirk on the Heat wins in 2011' depends. IF a Heat team of Dirk/Wade/Bosh gets to the finals, then I'm reasonably certain they'd beat whoever the Western conference finals representative ends up being( since Dirk is not on the Mavs in this 'what if' then Dallas is out of the title hunt, so presumably one of the teams they beat like the Lakers or Thunder end up in the finals).

What I'm less certain about is whether this hypothetical team still gets out of the East. Does Dirk perform as well as Lebron did against the Bulls in the ECFs? Because Wade was subpar that series( and tended to be against Chicago for whatever reason). Do they beat the Celtics which required both Wade and Lebron to go off (30/7/5 and 28/8/4 respectively)? If we're assuming all this then yeah, the Heat win the 2011 chip with Dirk.

After that though? Nah. Dirk's last real superstar MVP level season was 2011. He took a step back after that year and wasn't at 'that' level anymore. No version of Dirk after 2011 gets Miami to the finals with the versions of Wade and Bosh that existed between 2012-2014( Wade was still elite in 2012, less so in 2013, and even less so in 2014). The 2012 Heat with Dirk would have lost to Boston or maybe even Indiana. In 2013 Dirk was injured and played 53 games. In 2014 he had somewhat of a bounceback season but we saw what level Wade was at by the finals. They'd make the playoffs but they're not getting out of the East and IF by some miracle they did, they're still losing to the Spurs. The 2014 Heat's biggest issue in the finals was defense, and you're substituting Lebron for a 36 year old Dirk in this instance? It's not happening.