#6 - Magic Johnson
#7 - Shaquille O'Neal
#8 - Tim Duncan
#9 - Larry Bird
#10 - Hakeem Olajuwon
#11 - Kobe Bryant
#12 - NOW VOTING

Top 25 Player Pool

https://i.ibb.co/9b0LDgJ/Player-Pool-Top-25.jpg (https://ibb.co/fkW5gFb)

For a full player pool and vote breakdowns see the link (https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1ARaI3VCNauULLYL1Yu24HIRY768FYQdip56sp6uRFGk/edit?usp=sharing).

Everyone may post in this thread but only votes from serious contributors will be considered. Not everyone has to write an essay but there should be some justification or explanation and some coherent arguments being presented. I encourage people to be open-minded and willing to adjust their rankings in response to strong evidence. Debate and discussion is encouraged.

Opening Vote Tally

Oscar Robertson - 2 (L. Kizzle, ArbitraryWater)
Stephen Curry - 1 (RRR3)

dankok8
09-22-2021, 02:17 PM
This is where the list starts getting tough. I am leaning towards Moses Malone who I usually pick here but I'm not sure. Also considering Oscar, West, Durant, Curry, Garnett, K. Malone...

Manny98
09-22-2021, 02:21 PM
Kevin Durant

8Ball
09-22-2021, 02:22 PM
I have to go Durant.

2× NBA champion (2017, 2018)
2× NBA Finals MVP (2017, 2018)
NBA Most Valuable Player (2014)
11× NBA All-Star (2010–2019, 2021)
2× NBA All-Star Game MVP (2012, 2019)
6× All-NBA First Team (2010–2014, 2018)
3× All-NBA Second Team (2016, 2017, 2019)

vs

NBA champion (1983)
NBA Finals MVP (1983)
3× NBA Most Valuable Player (1979, 1982, 1983)
12× NBA All-Star (1978–1989)
ABA All-Star (1975)
4× All-NBA First Team (1979, 1982, 1983, 1985)
4× All-NBA Second Team (1980, 1981, 1984, 1987)
NBA All-Defensive First Team (1983)
NBA All-Defensive Second Team (1979)

Very close between Durant and Moses but Durant is simply a better player than Moses. My vote is Durant.

SouBeachTalents
09-22-2021, 02:23 PM
This is when the rankings will truly get interesting. I'm gonna go with a guy you don't usually see in this spot

Dr. J

I know how much we should take his ABA accomplishments & numbers at face value will be up for debate, but imo if we combine how he performed there with what he accomplished in the NBA, I think he has the best argument for this spot. Don't forget, he had to run into the 80's Celtics & Lakers every year in the early 80's, and usually played well even in defeat.

ArbitraryWater
09-22-2021, 02:25 PM
I'm confused. #11 was up for a minute.

Whats the rule?

8Ball
09-22-2021, 02:26 PM
This is where the list starts getting tough. I am leaning towards Moses Malone who I usually pick here but I'm not sure. Also considering Oscar, West, Durant, Curry, Garnett, K. Malone...

To make things easier. Consider drafting all those players for a new team. You are taking Durant over all of them.

8Ball
09-22-2021, 02:27 PM
This is when the rankings will truly get interesting. I'm gonna go with a guy you don't usually see in this spot

Dr. J

I know how much we should take his ABA accomplishments & numbers at face value will be up for debate, but imo if we combine how he performed there with what he accomplished in the NBA, I think he has the best argument for this spot. Don't forget, he had to run into the 80's Celtics & Lakers every year in the early 80's, and usually played well even in defeat.

I never pick Dr J over Durant. Durant's ceiling is top 5 all time. Dr J never had that ceiling.

L.Kizzle
09-22-2021, 02:30 PM
Oscar Robertson. How has he fallen this low.

MadDog
09-22-2021, 02:32 PM

Whats the rule?

OP can clarify, but when the votes are lopsided, we go forward. Kobe was was leading #11 like 17-2. Judging by the amount of posters who've contributed, he was going to win that vote. Typically the lists are up for a couple of days. When players are deadlocked and the topic is dying, the player up by 2 votes wins.

SouBeachTalents
09-22-2021, 02:33 PM

Whats the rule?
In fairness Kobe was winning 18-2 lol, but I will say there seems to be no set rule or even consistency to the rankings. Some stay open for a week with the race getting close or even changing altogether, while others stay open only a day or 2 before being determined.

Phoenix
09-22-2021, 02:34 PM
I agree with SBT...here's where it gets interesting. This is where guys like Dr.J, Oscar, West and Moses now get pitted against your KDs and Currys.

I'm at the point of thinking that guys like West and Oscar, historic as they are, should be starting to slide a little in the ranks. I'm going for broke and voting Steph. Whatever you think of the current era of 3pointer ball, its no doubt attributed to teams having to adjust to him and the teams he anchored. He's simply one of the most influential players ever and him being the greatest 3point shooter ever is basically objective fact.

dankok8
09-22-2021, 02:35 PM
Our average number of votes per thread is around 25 so when someone is up 18-2-1 I feel comfortable calling that race. If people protest I am happy to extend it but I didn't feel there is a need. :confusedshrug:

ArbitraryWater
09-22-2021, 02:37 PM
There should be some kind of rule.

Like a day at least. If its 10+ beyond that you could probably close it, given that we dont have too huge of participation here.

MadDog
09-22-2021, 02:38 PM
I'm debating between Doctor J and Curry. They both helped revolutionize the NBA, but Curry is also quite clearly one of the greatest offensive players ever. Better than some of the players you guys view as top 10. If Curry had a FMVP (he should have won in 2015), the whole narrative on him changes. I'll say Curry.

1987_Lakers
09-22-2021, 02:39 PM
I'm kinda torn between Jerry West and Kevin Durant here. West has a slight edge in longevity since KD is still active, but peak wise I'm taking KD anyday over the logo. Give me KD, we have never seen a SF with his scoring ability.

RRR3
09-22-2021, 02:39 PM
It’s Curry.

1987_Lakers
09-22-2021, 02:50 PM
I'm at the point of thinking that guys like West and Oscar, historic as they are, should be starting to slide a little in the ranks. I'm going for broke and voting Steph. Whatever you think of the current era of 3pointer ball, its no doubt attributed to teams having to adjust to him and the teams he anchored. He's simply one of the most influential players ever and him being the greatest 3point shooter ever is basically objective fact.

I'm a big Jerry West fan, but one thing that will be held against these old timers is their lack of longevity. Jerry West although still an elite player at age 32-33 didn't even reach 1,000 regular season games. Oscar Robertson was noticeably past his prime by age 32, KD last season was 32 and was still playing at a peak level. I understand it was a different time and training and nutrition is 100x better today, but I think we have to take their lack of longevity into consideration.

It's kinda weird to see Jerry West has only played 50 more career games than KD.

L.Kizzle
09-22-2021, 02:58 PM
I'm a big Jerry West fan, but one thing that will be held against these old timers is their lack of longevity. Jerry West although still an elite player at age 32-33 didn't even reach 1,000 regular season games. Oscar Robertson was noticeably past his prime by age 32, KD last season was 32 and was still playing at a peak level. I understand it was a different time and training and nutrition is 100x better today, but I think we have to take their lack of longevity into consideration.

It's kinda weird to see Jerry West has only played 50 more career games than KD.
Not lack of longevity, they HAD to play 4 years of college ball. Can't come in after 1 year like KD did.
And he was literally an All-Star every season in the league. He didn't miss.
Kevin has missed an entire season and the majority of two others. Hold that against him, right?
Jerry West didn't

ArbitraryWater
09-22-2021, 03:07 PM
oh I forgot West.

Its definitely West.

1987_Lakers
09-22-2021, 03:10 PM
Not lack of longevity, they HAD to play 4 years of college ball. Can't come in after 1 year like KD did.
And he was literally an All-Star every season in the league. He didn't miss.
Kevin has missed an entire season and the majority of two others. Hold that against him, right?
Jerry West didn't

Even then, Jerry West at age 22 in the NBA only averaged 18 ppg, Durant at age 21 was averaging 30. Robertson had a pretty short prime, guys like Curry, KD, Kobe, Dirk, K. Malone were superior players at age 32 than the Big O.

Phoenix
09-22-2021, 03:11 PM

Yeah, due to modern medicine 32/33 isn't 'old' for a guard anymore. Hell Curry turned 33 back in March and last season was his best solo season since his MVP year back in 2016. But even beyond that.....it's hard because I didn't see West or Oscar play. In a vacuum who would you actually consider to be a better player...on the floor....between Oscar/West and Curry? Curry's resume though, at this point, has to be considered better than those two and as I said, he's basically pioneered the current era.

1987_Lakers
09-22-2021, 03:17 PM
Yeah, due to modern medicine 32/33 isn't 'old' for a guard anymore. Hell Curry turned 33 back in March and last season was his best solo season since his MVP year back in 2016. But even beyond that.....it's hard because I didn't see West or Oscar play. In a vacuum who would you actually consider to be a better player...on the floor....between Oscar/West and Curry? Curry's resume though, at this point, has to be considered better than those two and as I said, he's basically pioneered the current era.

I agree, peak wise I would take Curry over West & Robertson, the only thing holding him back is longevity, people forget Curry was a late bloomer, he didn't really start playing at an elite level until age 25. I actually feel Robertson was a better player than West peak wise as well, but West's longevity was clearly better, from about '69-'74 West was the better player of the two. One thing that doesn't get talked about enough about Jerry West is his defense, him and Walt Frazier were clearly the two best defensive guards of their era.

L.Kizzle
09-22-2021, 03:29 PM
Even then, Jerry West at age 22 in the NBA only averaged 18 ppg, Durant at age 21 was averaging 30. Robertson had a pretty short prime, guys like Curry, KD, Kobe, Dirk, K. Malone were superior players at age 32 than the Big O.
It was his first season playing with an already established 30 ppg scorer. The very next season, West avg 30.
12-14 seasons was the norm for the crop of 60 players. Russell, Wilt, Baylor, West, O all played between 13-14 seasons and started to drop of around season 11-12.

And how is 30/10/9 over 10 seasons for Oscar a short prime?

Lebron23
09-22-2021, 03:33 PM
Moses Malone

jlip
09-22-2021, 03:40 PM
Moses Malone gets my vote.

But as others have said, this is the Dr. J (I will not pretend the ABA didn't exist.), Oscar, West, KG, Dirk, KD, and Curry tier. This is going to be interesting and probably more hotly contested than the Magic, Bird, Shaq, Duncan group.

L.Kizzle
09-22-2021, 03:45 PM
Moses Malone gets my vote.

But as others have said, this is the Dr. J (I will not pretend the ABA didn't exist.), Oscar, West, KG, Dirk, KD, and Curry tier. This is going to be interesting and probably more hotly contested than the Magic, Bird, Shaq, Duncan group.
The post top 10 is always more interesting. A top ten list gets done every ten days. Those names get repetitive.
Post top 10 is where it gets fun. Who wants to debate Bird vs Magic for the umpteenth time again.

MadDog
09-22-2021, 04:33 PM
Every vote from here on out is going to be like Shaq and Duncan. :oldlol: That was stalemated for days man. I have trouble ranking Jerry West and Dr J. Oscar too. All three are interchangeable in my book.

TheCorporation
09-22-2021, 04:49 PM
Jerry West

NBAGOAT
09-22-2021, 04:52 PM
I’m going go against the grain and pick kg. His MVP season is so strong and better than anyone else’s peak besides curry imo. Also fantastic longevity. I expect a lot of arguments about the early playoff woes but at this point in the list most of the other guys do too.

dankok8
09-22-2021, 07:13 PM
I'm leaning towards the Big O now honestly. He had a monster peak not really just numbers-wise (his efficiency was insane for his era...) but led a #1 offense for five straight seasons and a top 3 offense for nine straight seasons and with pretty mediocre casts compared to other offensive stars like Wilt and West. And longevity-wise guys like West, Durant and even Moses (who really declined after '85) don't really have anything over him. Oscar is one of the best offensive anchors ever and that's not exaggeration.

kuniva_dAMiGhTy
09-22-2021, 08:37 PM
My vote goes to Chef. In that other thread, RRR3 explained it well.

Yo Phoenix, I didn't wanna bump the #10 thread. I'm just gonna leave this here...

Its not the best apples to apples because Kobe came into the league at 18 and took longer to reach star status. I wouldn't consider 86 Hakeem 'prime', but he did make all-NBA 2nd team in an era of great bigs. I would consider that a 'star' season even if not 'prime/peak' based on what he became, if that makes sense.

I got you. It goes back to what I was saying. Different players begin priming at various times.

You say Kobe came in at 18 and needed more time. I say Lebron didn't. Lebron like Hakeem was impacting games early, but you'd be pressed to argue they were in their prime. I think we both agree here.

kawhileonard2
09-22-2021, 11:36 PM
Kawhi Leonard

Magic Is Magic
09-23-2021, 12:11 AM
Can I place my next three votes like in Real GM voters panel that's how we do it there?

12. Karl Malone
13. Kevin Durant
14. Jerry West

Magic Is Magic
09-23-2021, 12:11 AM
Kawhi Leonard

A little soon for Kawhi, I have him 29th based on my Magic is Magic, Magic Formula.

Taurus
09-23-2021, 12:15 AM
My vote is for Jerry West

hold this L
09-23-2021, 12:17 AM
the Chef

RRR3
09-23-2021, 12:19 AM
If this is a serious project I hope we’re not counting Kawhi votes lmao

hold this L
09-23-2021, 12:42 AM
My vote goes to Chef. In that other thread, RRR3 explained it well.

Yo Phoenix, I didn't wanna bump the #10 thread. I'm just gonna leave this here...

I got you. It goes back to what I was saying. Different players begin priming at various times.

You say Kobe came in at 18 and needed more time. I say Lebron didn't. Lebron like Hakeem was impacting games early, but you'd be pressed to argue they were in their prime. I think we both agree here.

What's the post?

kuniva_dAMiGhTy
09-23-2021, 12:55 AM
What's the post?

Think the post is in the #11 thread. Should be on the first page.

Only thing I would add is Curry changing the game....or at least being at the forefront.

RRR3
09-23-2021, 01:01 AM
I clown on Curry all the time but I stand by what I said. He’s never going to get the credit he deserves sadly but he’s the only player I’ve ever seen that made me question whether LeBron was the best player I saw. LeBron still is because of defense but Curry legitimately might be the best offensive player to ever live. Shame he’ll never get credit because of silly narratives. Impact stats suggest he’s quite clearly superior to Durant but almost no one will ever acknowledge it sadly.
….

HBK_Kliq_2
09-23-2021, 01:59 AM
vote kawhi leonard

come on guys, we need a few more votes for him to solidify himself there. Already getting disrespectful for dropping him out of top 10

hold this L
09-23-2021, 02:33 AM
….

https://consequence.net/wp-content/uploads/2020/04/denzel-relieved.gif?w=366&resize=1031%2C580&quality=80&strip

https://media2.giphy.com/media/rNgT8P8pL3dn2/giphy.gif?cid=790b7611171a19563803f3aad0cd1a3a1861 5ce5e3f8b7d6&rid=giphy.gif&ct=g

RRR3
09-23-2021, 02:53 AM
https://consequence.net/wp-content/uploads/2020/04/denzel-relieved.gif?w=366&resize=1031%2C580&quality=80&strip

https://media2.giphy.com/media/rNgT8P8pL3dn2/giphy.gif?cid=790b7611171a19563803f3aad0cd1a3a1861 5ce5e3f8b7d6&rid=giphy.gif&ct=g
People just decided Durant was number two to LeBron (and he was at some point) and they refused to amend that even after it stopped being true. Just like how some people insisted Kobe was the best player in 2012 when that was a comical statement to make to anyone looking at things rationally. While Curry has underperformed (for his standards not for normal players) in the playoffs, I think people don’t realize the reason that doesn’t harm his ranking that much is: his original level was so high his playoff level is still ATG and his impact remains even when he has a bad game because of how he warps defenses like no other shooter ever. And tbh Larry Bird was quite a bit worse in the playoffs and that never gets held against him. I will probably be able to argue Curry is top 5 if his longevity is excellent but that remains to be seen of course. For now I think he’s got to be considered higher than most people have him. There haven’t been 15 better players than him I am quite confident in saying that. I’d like to make posts like this more often but this board makes it almost impossible for me not to troll so I mostly shitpost. If Jeff ever decides he wants to have an actual basketball board I’ll be down though.

nayte
09-23-2021, 04:35 AM
Durant for me pls. Steph is gonna be my next vote

Phoenix
09-23-2021, 04:52 AM

Yeah I think we're more or less in the same ballpark here. All that said, I think Kobe's prime length gets a little overblown at times. Dude played a long time, and if we agree that his prime was 01-10 I don't think that's all that extended or a major bullet point with respects to weighing it against Hakeems.

I think the two of them are close ranking-wise and there are sensible arguments for both. I just prefer Hakeem in terms of overall peak performance and his title run. Some people will probably give the added weight to Kobe having an extra 3 titles, but Hakeem never had the benefit of the best shooting guard on his side or maybe hes knocking on that many chips too. And heck, for Hakeem the best shooting guard would have been MJ lol. Imagine THAT duo! Or hell, you give Hakeem late 80s/early 90s Drexler and it gets interesting. Good discussion in any case.

colts19
09-23-2021, 01:39 PM
Anyone who won MVP when Russell and Wilt were in their prime should get this vote. Big O.

Thenameless
09-23-2021, 02:28 PM
Oscar Robertson

hold this L
09-23-2021, 02:48 PM
Oscar Robertson

The most overrated basketball player in the history of the game.

SouBeachTalents
09-23-2021, 02:50 PM
The most overrated basketball player in the history of the game.
Just curious why do you feel this way? Lack of team success?

RRR3
09-23-2021, 02:51 PM
Just curious why do you feel this way? Lack of team success?
Someone earlier stated he consistently led the best offense in the league. If that’s the case it’s hard to blame him for the defensive deficiencies of the team. PGs aren’t defensive anchors.

Phoenix
09-23-2021, 03:52 PM
The problem with Oscar now is what more or less defined his legacy has been done 4 of the last 5 years by Westbrook. It doesn't mean its stil not an important milestone, but if his ranking lied 'mostly' on that then it needs to be re-contextualized. We do it with other players, so he shouldn't get a pass.

colts19
09-23-2021, 04:14 PM
The problem with Oscar now is what more or less defined his legacy has been done 4 of the last 5 years by Westbrook. It doesn't mean its stil not an important milestone, but if his ranking lied 'mostly' on that then it needs to be re-contextualized. We do it with other players, so he shouldn't get a pass.

I don't think triple-doubles defined Oscar, Most people, coaches and players, considered Big O as the best all-around player ever at that time. John Wooden who coached a few good players, said Big O was the best ever at least until Larry Legend came along.

L.Kizzle
09-23-2021, 04:19 PM
What! NO ONE is putting Westbrook in the top 15 because he just avg a triple double 4 out of 5 season. He avg a triple double last season and wasn't even named an all-star. Crazy thing is he won the MVP mostly because he avg a triple double just 5 seasons earlier. So why should we lower Oscar for what someone is doing 60 years later? Have you seen how many players are getting triple doubles since 2016 ...

Phoenix
09-23-2021, 04:45 PM
What! NO ONE is putting Westbrook in the top 15 because he just avg a triple double 4 out of 5 season. He avg a triple double last season and wasn't even named an all-star. Crazy thing is he won the MVP mostly because he avg a triple double just 5 seasons earlier. So why should we lower Oscar for what someone is doing 60 years later? Have you seen how many players are getting triple doubles since 2016 ...

I don't recall making the claim that Westbrook warrants top 15 status on account of his triple double seasons. Do you?

I'm saying that what Oscar was primarily known for, the triple double season, is no longer unique to him. That's not even an opinion, just the fact of the matter. Let me ask you this: what would Oscar's ranking be if he had never averaged a triple double, just put up some nice stats ( let's say 28/8/8). Rankings shift all the time as new data is presented. Guys like Shaq, Lebron, Duncan, and Kobe have entered top 10-12 lists in the past 20 years, that means others had to be moved down the list to make room for them. So for how long should Oscar be holding on to wherever you think he currently ranks? And on what basis? How much cache does his triple double season hold, or do you think this locks him into a certain spot indefinitely? Do you weigh other factors into his ranking? Is it on-court play? Are we saying only MJ, Magic and Kobe in the backcourt have matched and/or exceeded him? What does someone like Steph need to do to pass him that he hasn't already done? Is Steph a worse player? Has he achieved less? How are we judging Oscar in 2021?

L.Kizzle
09-23-2021, 04:51 PM
I don't recall making the claim that Westbrook warrants top 15 status on account of his triple double seasons. Do you?

I'm saying that what Oscar was primarily known for, the triple double season, is no longer unique to him. That's not even an opinion, just the fact of the matter. Let me ask you this: what would Oscar's ranking be if he had never averaged a triple double, just put up some nice stats ( let's say 28/8/8). Rankings shift all the time. Guys like Shaq, Duncan, and Kobe have entered top 10 lists in the past 20 years, that means other had to be moved down the list to make room for them. So for how long should Oscar be holding on to wherever you think he currently ranks? What does someone like Steph need to do to pass him that he hasn't already done?
Never said "you" said that specifically.

Also, Oscar usually was called the MOST COMPLETE PLAYER back then. He could do it all. The Triple double feet was nice, but not the only reason he's there. Elgin Baylor and Jerry West are usually right along side of him (Baylor has been slipping further and further back for some years now) and they never avg a triple double. Were never close to it actually.

He was usually considered the most complete guard until Magic and Jordan came along.

Phoenix
09-23-2021, 05:00 PM
Never said "you" said that specifically.

Also, Oscar usually was called the MOST COMPLETE PLAYER back then. He could do it all. The Triple double feet was nice, but not the only reason he's there. Elgin Baylor and Jerry West are usually right along side of him (Baylor has been slipping further and further back for some years now) and they never avg a triple double. Were never close to it actually.

He was usually considered the most complete guard until Magic and Jordan came along.

Well you quoted me and replied as you did, so it would be natural to think you meant 'me'. But I digress....

I'm not denying his completeness as a player but there's been a number of great complete players in the game who aren't considered in Oscar's tier. Why isn't Garnett knocking on the top 10 based on this? He's got a chip, MVP, DPOY award, a very good( not dominant) scorer and considered one of the great defenders ever. Why is Oscar ahead of him? And for the record, I'm not making the case that KG should be ahead of him, I'm just not sure that argument as you present it doesn't bring a number of 'what about that player' into the discussion.

Overdrive
09-23-2021, 05:16 PM
Moses

dankok8
09-23-2021, 07:59 PM
Prime Oscar averaged 29.7/9.3/9.4 on 56.6 %TS (+8.0 rTS) in the playoffs from 1962 until 1967 which is just insane. Those are numbers much better than the likes of Lebron, Magic, Bird etc. Now we can dock him for not winning although he did push the mighty Celtics to the brink a couple of times with a meager cast. Still no titles as the man means not top 10 fair or unfair... but now at this stage at the #12 spot being compared to other guys who won 1 title like Moses, West, Dr J, Garnett... I think there isn't enough of a resume gap to put those guys over Oscar who clearly had enormous impact. He led the #1 offense for five straight seasons and a top 3 offense for nine straight seasons with just decent casts as I posted earlier. And even with the Bucks when Oscar was no longer in his prime and a second fiddle, he was still a definite superstar when they won the title in 1971. Oscar to me really looks like the best remaining player left. I officially vote for Oscar.

dankok8
09-23-2021, 08:13 PM
Current Vote Tally

Stephen Curry - 5 (RRR3, Phoenix, MadDog, kuniva_dAMiGhTy, hold this L)
Oscar Robertson - 4 (L. Kizzle, colts19, Thenameless, dankok8)
Kevin Durant - 4 (Manny98, 8Ball, 1987_Lakers, nayte)
Moses Malone - 3 (Lebron23, jlip, Overdrive)
Jerry West - 3 (ArbitraryWater, TheCorporation, Taurus)

These five are clearly the frontrunners and we need to concentrate the votes.

Can people who voted for Dr J, Garnett, Karl Malone or Kawhi (LOL) switch their votes to one of the five players above? Kind of like the second round of voting. We can eventually narrow down to three candidates.

SouBeachTalents
09-23-2021, 08:31 PM
Of those choices, I'll go with Oscar

NBAGOAT
09-23-2021, 08:42 PM
Well you quoted me and replied as you did, so it would be natural to think you meant 'me'. But I digress....

I'm not denying his completeness as a player but there's been a number of great complete players in the game who aren't considered in Oscar's tier. Why isn't Garnett knocking on the top 10 based on this? He's got a chip, MVP, DPOY award, a very good( not dominant) scorer and considered one of the great defenders ever. Why is Oscar ahead of him? And for the record, I'm not making the case that KG should be ahead of him, I'm just not sure that argument as you present it doesn't bring a number of 'what about that player' into the discussion.

I’m a little surprised I’m the only person here who voted for Garnett.

NBAGOAT
09-23-2021, 08:50 PM
I’ll take curry. Oscars raw stats also need to be contextualized for 60s pace. We can talk about all around game but Oscar doesn’t have much of a rep on defense and his teams in his prime were usually bad on offense so most of his value is from offense. There aren’t maybe even 5 guys in history I take over steph on offense and he’s not that bad on defense(not a big difference with him and Oscar). Then Oscar’s argument is longevity and there should be some era adjustments too but curry already has a 8 prime now. Think he’s had enough longevity now

1987_Lakers
09-23-2021, 08:58 PM

I'm somewhat surprised Moses has 3 votes, yes he has all the accolades, but his game had alot of holes, not the elite defender you would want your franchise center to be, a horrific passer, could be an inefficient scorer as his career progressed, also padded his offensive rebounding stats by missing easy buckets on purpose. I have him more in the top 15-20 range, but I can see why the 3 people voted him #12 considering he does have 3 MVPs.

warriorfan
09-23-2021, 09:00 PM
I'm debating between Doctor J and Curry. They both helped revolutionize the NBA, but Curry is also quite clearly one of the greatest offensive players ever. Better than some of the players you guys view as top 10. If Curry had a FMVP (he should have won in 2015), the whole narrative on him changes. I'll say Curry.

This. Curry. Dr J next.

jalbert009
09-23-2021, 11:16 PM
My vote is Julius Erving
3x Champion
4x MVP
16x All Star
12x All NBA/ABA

dankok8
09-24-2021, 01:44 AM
Top 3 Finalists

Stephen Curry - 7 (RRR3, Phoenix, MadDog, kuniva_dAMiGhTy, hold this L, NBAGOAT, warriorfan)
Oscar Robertson - 5 (L. Kizzle, colts19, Thenameless, dankok8, SouBeachTalents)

Let's get a few more votes in before calling this race.

Phoenix
09-24-2021, 09:46 AM
I’ll take curry. Oscars raw stats also need to be contextualized for 60s pace. We can talk about all around game but Oscar doesn’t have much of a rep on defense and his teams in his prime were usually bad on offense so most of his value is from offense. There aren’t maybe even 5 guys in history I take over steph on offense and he’s not that bad on defense(not a big difference with him and Oscar). Then Oscar’s argument is longevity and there should be some era adjustments too but curry already has a 8 prime now. Think he’s had enough longevity now

The reality is Steph is pretty much the defining player of this era( defining this era as 2015-present). Note that I'm not saying BEST player overall, since some can't comprehend basic language. But when folks talk about this era and how it shifted to the long-ball and the '3>2' analytical philosophy, nobody but Steph's name will come up first. We can talk about who was the best this or that in a number of categories. Best distance shooter ever in Steph's case is pretty much an indisputable fact at this point. When you are good enough at something for the league to have to respond to you( and the teams you lead), that has to count for something. He was a trendsetter, regardless of whether you agree with the direction the league has taken or not.

I also mentioned above about Oscar's stats( especially the whole triple double thing) being contextualized, have yet to see an argument for where he would be ranked without that distinction. High, but top 12 high? I'm not so sure. In the same time he was doing a triple double, Wilt was averaging 50 with 20 plus rebounds, Russell was grabbing 20 plus rebounds, Elgin Baylor had a year dropping 38 and 19 FFS( and he seems to have dropped out of the top 20 lists I see).

dankok8
09-24-2021, 02:53 PM
The reality is Steph is pretty much the defining player of this era( defining this era as 2015-present). Note that I'm not saying BEST player overall, since some can't comprehend basic language. But when folks talk about this era and how it shifted to the long-ball and the '3>2' analytical philosophy, nobody but Steph's name will come up first. We can talk about who was the best this or that in a number of categories. Best distance shooter ever in Steph's case is pretty much an indisputable fact at this point. When you are good enough at something for the league to have to respond to you( and the teams you lead), that has to count for something. He was a trendsetter, regardless of whether you agree with the direction the league has taken or not.

I also mentioned above about Oscar's stats( especially the whole triple double thing) being contextualized, have yet to see an argument for where he would be ranked without that distinction. High, but top 12 high? I'm not so sure. In the same time he was doing a triple double, Wilt was averaging 50 with 20 plus rebounds, Russell was grabbing 20 plus rebounds, Elgin Baylor had a year dropping 38 and 19 FFS( and he seems to have dropped out of the top 20 lists I see).

Baylor had a pretty short career and prime which is why he's fallen out of most top 20 lists. Apart from rebounding, other stats really weren't inflated in the 60's. If anything there's a case to be made that assists were deflated given the strict definition of assists back then.

Oscar didn't just average a 30 point triple double for five straight seasons but did so on blistering efficiency (+10 rTS or whereabouts) while leading teams with average casts to the #1 offense in the league for those five seasons. In 1963 and 1964 the Royals were most probably the second best team in the association but were stuck in the same conference as the Celtics. The notion that Westbrook's achievements somehow diminish Oscar's legacy is pretty crazy.

Phoenix
09-24-2021, 03:36 PM
Baylor had a pretty short career and prime which is why he's fallen out of most top 20 lists. Apart from rebounding, other stats really weren't inflated in the 60's. If anything there's a case to be made that assists were deflated given the strict definition of assists back then.

Oscar didn't just average a 30 point triple double for five straight seasons but did so on blistering efficiency (+10 rTS or whereabouts) while leading teams with average casts to the #1 offense in the league for those five seasons. In 1963 and 1964 the Royals were most probably the second best team in the association but were stuck in the same conference as the Celtics. The notion that Westbrook's achievements somehow diminish Oscar's legacy is pretty crazy.

Without Oscar's triple double, what would his legacy be to be ranked as a top 12 player in 2021? I'm not saying thats the only criteria he should be judged for, but one would have to research what you clearly did ( that's not off the top of your head info). All that you're describing above isn't moving the needle much for why his career was more impressive than Stephs.

kuniva_dAMiGhTy
09-24-2021, 04:44 PM

Not big on KG as others are.

Obviously one of the most versatile players ever, but his teams needed him to score more. KG's impact stats are also a bit inflated because of the raw numbers everywhere else. In his prime, there were two seasons KG led his teams to top 5 offenses. But in the playoffs, you could argue he left points on the table. His best year, 2004 for example, he shot 44.7% in his first 2 series in the playoffs and then 46% vs the Lakers. Altogether he averaged 24 or so points.

From 2002-2005, KG's teams also finished 16th, 6th and 15th in defense.

You could say I'm nitpicking, but I can think of bigs who had as much impact. And another handful I think carried more.

For as great as KG was, he also gets overrated.

SaintzFury13
09-24-2021, 04:52 PM
Gotta go Oscar Robertson on this one.

NBAGOAT
09-24-2021, 04:52 PM
Not big on KG as others are.

Obviously one of the most versatile players ever, but his teams needed him to score more. KG's impact stats are also a bit inflated because of the raw numbers everywhere else. In his prime, there were two seasons KG led his teams to top 5 offenses. But in the playoffs, you could argue he left points on the table. His best year, 2004 for example, he shot 44.7% in his first 2 series in the playoffs and then 46% vs the Lakers. Altogether he averaged 24 or so points.

From 2002-2005, KG's teams also finished 16th, 6th and 15th in defense.

You could say I'm nitpicking, but I can think of bigs who had as much impact. And another handful I think carried more.

For as great as KG was, he also gets overrated.

Good point on defense but I would argue roster around him was putrid defensively

kuniva_dAMiGhTy
09-24-2021, 05:08 PM
Good point on defense but I would argue roster around him was putrid defensively

Yeah maybe, but there are a number of great defenders who've carried teams on their back.

Mutombo with Denver in '93 and '94.

Howard with Orlando... I mean... you could argue dudes like Courtney Lee and Pietrus were decent defenders, but Dwight was carrying there.

NBAGOAT
09-24-2021, 05:14 PM
Yeah maybe, but there are a number of great defenders who've carried teams on their back.

Mutombo with Denver in '93 and '94.

Howard with Orlando... I mean... you could argue dudes like Courtney Lee and Pietrus were decent defenders, but Dwight was carrying there.

Yea I got no problem saying Dwight’s better on defense. I would argue Orlando wasn’t playing terrible defenders while Minnesota possibly had a few and that can make a big difference even if Dwight was carrying. Like curry and anyone average can be a top 10 offense imo but wiseman brought them down to below average by himself. Also I would put kg up there in an all time list because his offense is better than a lot of other 2 way bigs who haven’t been listed yet even if he’s not an elite scorer

Phoenix
09-24-2021, 05:16 PM
I'm actually amazed Steph is getting this many votes, when you have half the board trolling about his lack of FMVPs. I thought I was going out on a limb voting him this high, apparently not.

kuniva_dAMiGhTy
09-24-2021, 05:34 PM
Yea I got no problem saying Dwight’s better on defense. I would argue Orlando wasn’t playing terrible defenders while Minnesota possibly had a few and that can make a big difference even if Dwight was carrying. Like curry and anyone average can be a top 10 offense imo but wiseman brought them down to below average by himself. Also I would put kg up there in an all time list because his offense is better than a lot of other 2 way bigs who haven’t been listed yet even if he’s not an elite scorer

All of this is fair and good analysis.

You rarely see equal impact on both ends, so what I value MOST are higher impact offensive players.

KG's all-around skills were elite, but he's sort of jack of all trades. He's talked about like 'Hakeem 2.0' but really he isn't. Offensively I don't think he was aggressive enough either, especially in the postseason.

NBAGOAT
09-24-2021, 05:43 PM
All of this is fair and good analysis.

You rarely see equal impact on both ends, so what I value MOST are higher impact offensive players.

KG's all-around skills were elite, but he's sort of jack of all trades. He's talked about like 'Hakeem 2.0' but really he isn't. Offensively I don't think he was aggressive enough either, especially in the postseason.

Yea can’t disagree individual offense over individual defense and ofc I’m not taking kg over Duncan or hakeem they’re elite defenders and better scorers. A 2 way guy can be better than an elite offensive player however. I would put curry ahead soon and he has a better prime but thought kg’s longevity gave him a good case(I also value that a bit more than the most of the board)

Kobe_Bryant
09-24-2021, 06:40 PM
https://www.ranker.com/crowdranked-list/the-top-nba-players-of-all-time

#1 MJ
#2 Kareem
#3 Larry Legend
#4 Bron
#5 Me
#6 Russell
#7 Magic
#8 Wilt
#9 Shaq
#10 Duncan

How you fools gonna vote me out the top 10. You better google me.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/EPPyO1ZX0AEOXij.jpg

MadDog
09-24-2021, 06:55 PM
I'm actually amazed Steph is getting this many votes, when you have half the board trolling about his lack of FMVPs. I thought I was going out on a limb voting him this high, apparently not.

As time passes, there are players alike in stature who have affected the game similarly. But unlike many of the old players, guys now have the championships to help define their legacies. They also play longer now and are as athletic as ever. What I'm trying to say is Curry grabbing votes doesn't surprise me.

When Steph retires, there's a good chance he'll be top 10. And if he wins a FMVP? Good night. :confusedshrug: What irks me though are the voters completely drawn to narrative. Curry's all-time rank got distorted, and a big reason for that are those clowns who voted Iggy as FMVP.

MadDog
09-24-2021, 07:02 PM
I'm guessing that's Ken Griff trolling again. :oldlol: He doesn't seem to grasp there are people out there, who don't overrate Kobe.

Kobe_Bryant
09-24-2021, 07:08 PM
I'm guessing that's Ken Griff trolling again. :oldlol: He doesn't seem to grasp there are people out there, who don't overrate Kobe.

This place just seems like a tree house club for Bron fans. I can't hate. I mean my fans have lives. Except for whoever this Ken dude is i guess. Was he your only Kobe fan on here. No wonder i can't get any love.

https://qph.fs.quoracdn.net/main-qimg-d66126289cb0db5f6471d9e4dce29514

Glad the players in the league actually watched me play

MadDog
09-24-2021, 07:10 PM
Not a LeBron fan personally, but Kobe being 11 is hardly a knock. :confusedshrug: How come you are the only poster crying about it?

Kobe_Bryant
09-24-2021, 07:13 PM
Kobe being being the 11th best player all-time is hardly a knock. :confusedshrug: How come you are the only poster crying about it?

https://qph.fs.quoracdn.net/main-qimg-d66126289cb0db5f6471d9e4dce29514

this is why

Me and Bron are the only other 2 guys that have millions of people calling us the Goat

MadDog
09-24-2021, 07:19 PM
What's that mean? :confusedshrug: Millions of people have Kareem & Magic over Kobe as the best Laker.

Kobe_Bryant
09-24-2021, 07:22 PM
there seems to be a consistent selection among nba players top 5 all time lists

https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQFybRRRXtFiB1FWx20NdfCrqn57_meR ENBDhKWKqONofMeEGdej1ZQAG1wpDoXtcuTldo&usqp=CAU

https://thejasminebrand.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/05/576E0285-9582-47C5-8AF0-6FCF7E067038.jpeg

https://heatnation.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/11/image.jpeg.jpg

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Dtxw8JoW0AAwi8d.jpg

HBK_Kliq_2
09-24-2021, 07:23 PM
As time passes, there are players alike in stature who have affected the game similarly. But unlike many of the old players, guys now have the championships to help define their legacies. They also play longer now and are as athletic as ever. What I'm trying to say is Curry grabbing votes doesn't surprise me.

When Steph retires, there's a good chance he'll be top 10. And if he wins a FMVP? Good night. :confusedshrug: What irks me though are the voters completely drawn to narrative. Curry's all-time rank got distorted, and a big reason for that are those clowns who voted Iggy as FMVP.

Curry is the Isiah Thomas of his era. Glorified because the teammates around him do the things he can't do like defense and passing.

Isiah had dumars, Rodman, laimbeer
Curry had klay, draymond, iggy.

One guy couldn't win reg season mvp and one guy couldn't win finals mvp. Neither guy is a top 25 GOAT, just glorified due to the hall of fame teammates around him.

Kobe_Bryant
09-24-2021, 07:23 PM
Basically nobody but a few sports writers that hate my guts agree with your bogus list voted on by 15 people

https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/proxy/cXasBRlCtDguoUOOi8tMwGhNncF7Fql8As71FMKXG9OBlGf2pi AR79dxFma9olxhfnsXUZMbjw2KUi-zI66M0y3bvy5685SHBgi25BcIt-WgcodmTdRmMg

MadDog
09-24-2021, 07:25 PM
Curry is the Isiah Thomas of his era. Glorified because the teammates around him do the things he can't do like defense and passing.

Isiah had dumars, Rodman, laimbeer
Curry had klay, draymond, iggy.

One guy couldn't win reg season mvp and one guy couldn't win finals mvp. Neither guy is a top 25 GOAT, just glorified due to the hall of fame teammates around him.

That would make sense if Curry wasn't head and shoulders above his teammates in impact.

HBK_Kliq_2
09-24-2021, 07:46 PM
That would make sense if Curry wasn't head and shoulders above his teammates in impact.

Let me know when he lifts a finals mvp above his head and shoulders

MadDog
09-24-2021, 07:52 PM
Let me know when he lifts a finals mvp above his head and shoulders

You better change the subject lol. That's fine though. Just be consistent, and say Iguodala was the Warriors best player.

HBK_Kliq_2
09-24-2021, 08:01 PM
You better change the subject lol. That's fine though. Just be consistent, and say Iguodala was the Warriors best player.

Draymond's impact stats are on the same tier as curry in the playoffs as well. So you don't have that going for you either.

0/5 on winning the finals MVP

At least you have the 3 point shooting trophies at the all-star weekend

MadDog
09-24-2021, 08:05 PM
Draymond's impact stats are on the same tier as curry in the playoffs as well. So you don't have that going for you either.

0/5 on winning the finals MVP

At least you have the 3 point shooting trophies at the all-star weekend

Not in the 2015 playoffs he didn't. Steph had a BPM of 8.8, a VORP of 2.2 and WS48 of .228. Draymond had a BPM of 4.5, a VORP of 1.3 and WS48 of .160. Maybe you failed elementary school, but that's not the "same tier" pal.

HBK_Kliq_2
09-24-2021, 08:10 PM
Not in the 2015 playoffs he didn't. Steph had a BPM of 8.8, a VORP of 2.2 and WS48 of .228. Draymond had a BPM of 4.5, a VORP of 1.3 and WS48 of .160. Maybe you failed elementary school, but that's not the "same tier" pal.

https://projects.fivethirtyeight.com/nba-player-ratings/

Click 2014-15 playoffs

Overall raptor (their bpm): draymond is at 9.9

Curry is at 8.7

WAR (their vorp): draymond is at 5.4

Curry is at 5.2

Overdrive
09-24-2021, 08:26 PM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Dtxw8JoW0AAwi8d.jpg

Not saying they're the top 5, but egos put aside this could be a decent AT team.

MadDog
09-24-2021, 08:28 PM

Click 2014-15 playoffs

Curry is at 8.7

Curry is at 5.2

You claimed Draymond had better impact stats, and only posted one. RAPTOR is a good measure, but again, its just one stat. I posed several showing Curry's clear, higher value.

SouBeachTalents
09-24-2021, 08:28 PM
Not saying they're the top 5, but egos put aside this could be a decent AT team.
Swap out Kobe with Bird then for sure

Overdrive
09-24-2021, 09:01 PM
Swap out Kobe with Bird then for sure

Yeah, but persobally I'd slide Lebron to SF and swap out either MJ or Kobe for a PF. Still better put together than most of those legend's AT teams.

Overdrive
09-24-2021, 09:03 PM

Click 2014-15 playoffs

Curry is at 8.7

Curry is at 5.2

What do impact stats matter when Draymond is absolutely lost without someonen who can produce raw stats?

dankok8
09-25-2021, 01:16 AM
Without Oscar's triple double, what would his legacy be to be ranked as a top 12 player in 2021? I'm not saying thats the only criteria he should be judged for, but one would have to research what you clearly did ( that's not off the top of your head info). All that you're describing above isn't moving the needle much for why his career was more impressive than Stephs.

Curry so far has a shorter prime than Oscar. Otherwise their impact is comparable. Both led amazing offenses although Oscar clearly did it with a weaker cast especially relative to his era. But then again, Curry has the titles so it's not like he didn't convert with his casts. I don't have a big problem with Curry but I just think Oscar is the better overall player. In fact the more I think about this, the fewer players I can come up with that I consider better at basketball than Oscar. Big O put up better numbers than Curry and led elite offenses with weaker talent. Should we really give Curry that much benefit of the doubt because his teams had much better defenses and that had very little to do with him. PG's influence offense and Oscar did that as well if not better than anyone else.

dankok8
09-25-2021, 01:18 AM
Let's get a few more votes!

The three finalists are:

Stephen Curry - 7 (RRR3, Phoenix, MadDog, kuniva_dAMiGhTy, hold this L, NBAGOAT, warriorfan)
Oscar Robertson - 6 (L. Kizzle, colts19, Thenameless, dankok8, SouBeachTalents, SaintzFury13)

Kobe_Bryant
09-25-2021, 01:51 AM
its too bad you guys can't do a lebron fan 15 person all time list every month. you guys are gonna have to wait for another 3 or 4 years before you can have some fun lying to yourselves again to help you sleep at night

https://www.ranker.com/crowdranked-list/the-top-nba-players-of-all-time

me and my n*ga Bron are attached at the hip in the world view of things. This whole 9 spot differential you guys got goin on here is laughably pathetic

https://c.tenor.com/z8l6tEqlxEsAAAAC/nudge-lebron-james.gif

coastalmarker99
09-25-2021, 02:09 AM
Oscar for me.

HBK_Kliq_2
09-25-2021, 02:14 AM
What do impact stats matter when Draymond is absolutely lost without someonen who can produce raw stats?

What do impact stats matter when Curry is absolutely lost without some one who can produce all time great defense? What has curry ever won without Draymond or even Klay??

HBK_Kliq_2
09-25-2021, 02:14 AM

Kobe is downgrade at SF from Kawhi or Durant

HBK_Kliq_2
09-25-2021, 02:19 AM
You claimed Draymond had better impact stats, and only posted one. RAPTOR is a good measure, but again, its just one stat. I posed several showing Curry's clear, higher value.

That link had RAPTOR and WAR, that's two different stats. Similar to BPM and VORP.

Phoenix
09-25-2021, 04:29 AM
Curry so far has a shorter prime than Oscar. Otherwise their impact is comparable. Both led amazing offenses although Oscar clearly did it with a weaker cast especially relative to his era. But then again, Curry has the titles so it's not like he didn't convert with his casts. I don't have a big problem with Curry but I just think Oscar is the better overall player. In fact the more I think about this, the fewer players I can come up with that I consider better at basketball than Oscar. Big O put up better numbers than Curry and led elite offenses with weaker talent. Should we really give Curry that much benefit of the doubt because his teams had much better defenses and that had very little to do with him. PG's influence offense and Oscar did that as well if not better than anyone else.

I think the numbers thing across eras for players in 1960 and 2020 is pretty much a non starter though. It's barely the same sport at this point. If we want to ignore all context and point to numbers sure Oscars across the board is better, but there are players already ranked ahead of him with worse numbers. I dont know how much stock should be put into that. I didnt see Oscar but I don't get the sense he manipulated offenses in the same way Steph has. As far as prime Oscar's was longer, but Steph is still playing and just had a season as good as the year he won MVP, on an individual level. With todays sports science we may get another 2-3 years like this barring major injury. So you're then looking at Oscar being what you believe to be a superior overall player and stats achieved in an entirely different league, and compare that with Stephs transcendent shooting ability, 2 MVPs( one unanimous), a key figure on 3 chips( assuming he never wins again) and a prime that may end up being comparable in length. Steph's story is still being written.

Both players IMO have arguing points but I lean towards Steph because he's influenced an era. He is the player most responsible for what the current NBA is. And ultimately, there are some intangible things that go into how people vote beyond 'player A is better than player B on-court'. Throughout this voting exercise you're going to see players who may have been a bit worse get voted over a 'better' player for any number of objective and subjective reasons.

MadDog
09-25-2021, 11:57 AM

What did Oscar do better than Curry besides rebound and pass? And do those things supersede A) Curry's all-time impact & B) his mark on the game

That link had RAPTOR and WAR, that's two different stats. Similar to BPM and VORP.

RAPTOR is a catch all stat that incorporates WAR. They're not mutually exclusive.

MadDog
09-25-2021, 12:02 PM
its too bad you guys can't do a lebron fan 15 person all time list every month. you guys are gonna have to wait for another 3 or 4 years before you can have some fun lying to yourselves again to help you sleep at night

me and my n*ga Bron are attached at the hip in the world view of things. This whole 9 spot differential you guys got goin on here is laughably pathetic

The majority of voters here aren't even LeBron fans. :confusedshrug: Meanwhile you're still crying, and on ANOTHER account lol. Just accept not all basketball fans overrate Kobe.

dankok8
09-25-2021, 02:35 PM
Alright so now it's a two-way tie between Curry and Oscar, both at 7 votes each. Can we break the tie?

HBK_Kliq_2
09-25-2021, 03:15 PM
What did Oscar do better than Curry besides rebound and pass? And do those things supersede A) Curry's all-time impact & B) his mark on the game

RAPTOR is a catch all stat that incorporates WAR. They're not mutually exclusive.

Just like BPM and vorp is

Bankaii
09-25-2021, 06:03 PM
This is a tough one.
KD is the better all-around player, but hasn’t been able to lead a team without unprecedented help.
Curry has changed the game but has constant playoff struggles, and was mainly a second fiddle for his titles.

If it’s curry vs Oscar then give me curry.

MadDog
09-25-2021, 06:10 PM
Just like BPM and vorp is

That isn't true at all. BPM adheres to per game rate, while VORP is through accumulative numbers. They're calculated differently and therefor separate.

jlip
09-25-2021, 06:17 PM
If the debate is between Oscar and Curry, then I'm going to go with Curry by a hair based primarily on resume and impact on how the game is played.

With that being said, we don't need to minimize Big O's impact on what constitutes "all around" play. While it was Magic's play that popularized the term "triple double", it is Oscar who in a sense, made the triple double an actual thing worth mentioning. I also read several years ago where Oscar basically popularized the fade away shot for guards.

HBK_Kliq_2
09-25-2021, 06:30 PM
That isn't true at all. BPM adheres to per game rate, while VORP is through accumulative numbers. They're calculated differently and therefor separate.

Value over Replacement Player (VORP) converts the BPM rate into an estimate of each player's overall contribution to the team, measured vs. what a theoretical "replacement player" would provide, where the "replacement player" is defined as a player on minimum salary or not a normal member of a team's rotation

https://www.basketball-reference.com/about/bpm2.html

They are very similar, vorp just adjusts for playing time.

You're talking out of your ass. What are you a troll alt? STFU

MadDog
09-25-2021, 06:35 PM
https://www.basketball-reference.com/about/bpm2.html

They are very similar, vorp just adjusts for playing time.

You're talking out of your ass. What are you a troll alt? STFU

Can you not read? VORP is measured best over longer periods. Why? Because it adjusts for playing time. If BPM and VORP were "the same" they would be a catch-all stat. They're not though.

Educate yourself, clown.

SaintzFury13
09-25-2021, 06:36 PM
Yeah, but persobally I'd slide Lebron to SF and swap out either MJ or Kobe for a PF. Still better put together than most of those legend's AT teams.

I would just put Klay at SG and put Karl Malone at PF and David Robinson at C.

So Curry/Thompson/LeBron/Malone/Robinson.

Have fun stopping that team on offense.

SouBeachTalents
09-25-2021, 06:53 PM

Personally, I'd much rather have Dirk, KG or AD on that team than Malone

Overdrive
09-25-2021, 07:33 PM

Of course. My S5 would look totally different, but for a former NBA player this is really decent.

dankok8
09-25-2021, 08:47 PM
Final Vote Tally

Stephen Curry - 9 (RRR3, Phoenix, MadDog, kuniva_dAMiGhTy, hold this L, NBAGOAT, warriorfan, Bankaii, jlip)
Oscar Robertson - 7 (L. Kizzle, colts19, Thenameless, dankok8, SouBeachTalents, SaintzFury13, coastalmarker99)
Jerry West - 3 (ArbitraryWater, TheCorporation, Taurus)
Moses Malone - 3 (Lebron23, jlip, Overdrive)
Kawhi Leonard - 2 (kawhileonard2, HBK_Kliq_2)
Karl Malone - 1 (Magic is Magic)
Julius Erving - 1 (jalbert009)

Curry wins. Thread #13 is now open.