PDA

View Full Version : Kyrie trade for Ben Simmons

AirBonner
09-24-2021, 02:57 PM
Who says no? Kyrie is on the cusp of imploding on his 3rd team. Simmons can provide the defense while Harden and Durant do whatever they want on offense. He’s a big body that might actually fit better with them

Real Men Wear Green
09-24-2021, 03:13 PM
Philly wants to get major value back. The physical injuries and mental issues Irving brings make him a bad return. Plus he allegedly threatened to retire if traded.

Manny98
09-24-2021, 03:15 PM
No

D-Wait
09-24-2021, 03:18 PM
It's insane how criminally underrated Irving is now.

He may be a headcase but people seem to forget what a generational offensive talent he is. Who's coming off his most efficient season.

There's no fukking way I would ever trade him for Ben Freaking Simmons even if the Sixers include a plethora of 1st round picks...

AirBonner
09-24-2021, 03:33 PM

He may be a headcase but people seem to forget what a generational offensive talent he is. Who's coming off his most efficient season.

There's no fukking way I would ever trade him for Ben Freaking Simmons even if the Sixers include a plethora of 1st round picks...

Ben Simmons is a better rebounder, defender, and passer. Kyrie is better at scoring. That’s it. Ben Simmons is better than Kyrie in 3 out of 4 major categories

Duderonomy
09-24-2021, 03:47 PM
Rumor is a Simmons trade is already done with the Nuggets. Wonder if it's for Porter Jr or Murray or both.

fourkicks44
09-24-2021, 04:06 PM
No
:oldlol:

DoctorP
09-24-2021, 04:14 PM
Lonzo Ball package for Simmons

HBK_Kliq_2
09-24-2021, 04:28 PM
Durant would never allow that to happen

SaintzFury13
09-24-2021, 04:41 PM

No one cares how good he is offensively. He doesn't play defense, he doesn't make his teammates better, and he's a terrible leader.

Duderonomy
09-24-2021, 04:49 PM
If they trade Murray for Simmons, they are retarded. If they trade MPJ for Simmons, they might also be retarded. If they trade both, the Nuggets gm will be fired in the near future.

Sixers have no leverage.

I'm a Pacers fan and I can tell you that they are pretty much out on Simmons. They won't even trade Brogdon for him straight up. Simmons is cancer

Remains to be seen. I know Simmons/Embild won't win anything as a duo. Embild needs a guard who can shoot. Simmons needs a new environment to grow as a player. But yeah I've never seen a young star get thrown under the bus like the sixers did :oldlol:

WhiteKyrie
09-24-2021, 05:45 PM
Ben Simmons is a better rebounder, defender, and passer. Kyrie is better at scoring. That’s it. Ben Simmons is better than Kyrie in 3 out of 4 major categories
And yet, Kyrie is the better and more impactful player. Ben Simmons might be a really shitty mundane basketball pocket knife, but Kyrie is a damn katana blade. One can kill you. The other just does a lot of boring different things.

AirBonner
09-24-2021, 06:13 PM
Kyrie is like a katana blade that is always out for sharpening (on the bench/injured)

CTbasketball92
09-24-2021, 06:36 PM

It's because people are too caught up on generic talking points and basketball stereotypes, so they think he's a one-dimensional chucker who you'd be better off trading for PJ Tucker and Will Barton, something like that lol. The reality is, scoring and shooting are the most important skills in the NBA, and Kyrie is a virtual lock to average 25/5/6 on 60 TS% everywhere he goes, and his game has mostly proven to be effective in the playoffs too. Because he can shoot you have to guard him out to the perimeter. He's not as good of a passer as Ben Simmons technically, but Simmons' complete inability or unwillingness to score buckets—even layups—ruins his playmaking so it's a moot point. Kyrie isn't a great defender, but he's been obviously adequate for the last few years. He's not a crazy good playmaker, but he's a solid one who can be a primary ball handler or play off ball and be a 2nd or third option without much of a change in impact. That malleability is crazy valuable. He's a top 15 player and has been since his first year in Boston. I would consider a trade because honestly, Kyrie is kind of a head case. Like even this vaccine stuff could be an issue. He's also prone to having injuries at awful times. But, I don't think Harden and KD can beat LeBron and AD and russ without overwhelming offensive force. They can guard them well enough, but the nets cannot guard them really, even with Simmons. But there's ZERO way to guard the nets with KD, Harden *and* Kyrie on the court at the same time, especially with more shooters. All three are unguardable in space one-on-one and they can all play off ball or on equally well. This team as currently constructed might be unbeatable by any team in history.