PDA

View Full Version : Andrew Wiggins isn't vaccinated, currently can't play in Warriors home games

insidehoops
09-24-2021, 07:51 PM
Warriors forward Andrew Wiggins will not be able to play in Warriors home games until he fulfills the city’s vaccination requirements, the NBA confirmed today.

NBA preseason begins in just over one week.

The regular season starts in 3.5 weeks.

FireDavidKahn
09-24-2021, 07:54 PM
This guy has reached new levels of dumb:oldlol:

https://twitter.com/TimBontemps/status/1441550049725480961

Tim Bontemps
@TimBontemps
The NBA has officially denied Andrew Wiggins’ request to get a religious exemption for the COVID-19 vaccine.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FAFqHyxUUAM8i2t?format=jpg&name=large

SATAN
09-24-2021, 08:17 PM
What is he? One of those ridiculous denominations that think God will magically cure cancer while the patient stubbornly withers away dying in hospital?

1987_Lakers
09-24-2021, 08:22 PM
What is he? One of those ridiculous denominations that think God will magically cure cancer while the patient stubbornly withers away dying in hospital?

He's obviously just using religion as an excuse to not get vaccinated. One of my friends is a cop in SF and he used religion as an excuse to not get the vaccine and it worked, keep in mind this dude is far from religious.

FultzNationRISE
09-24-2021, 08:25 PM
When will the young boy learn?

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-GcYrqdSM0rA/UdYRnYsDxbI/AAAAAAAAAGY/1RM40bfTRZ8/s600/1984slogan.jpg

tontoz
09-24-2021, 08:29 PM
We'll see how religious he is when he starts missing checks. Not many athletes are like Ali.

AirBonner
09-24-2021, 08:32 PM
People in California are comfortable with communism

warriorfan
09-25-2021, 01:05 AM
Buying a wiggins jersey right now

LAL
09-25-2021, 01:52 AM
He's rich, i would retire from the NBA, the government and their fake pandemic will be held accountable one day.

DoctorP
09-25-2021, 03:32 AM
You can't fix stupid.

HylianNightmare
09-25-2021, 06:25 AM
Retard strength

tpols
09-25-2021, 06:34 AM
Andrew Wiggins signed a 150 million dollar contract. Damn I didn't even know that. :oldlol:

He set for life anyway. Go buy a big house with a lot of land. Live free and be at peace, he doesn't need to sell out.

SATAN
09-25-2021, 06:38 AM
he doesn't need to sell out.

:oldlol:

:facepalm

RRR3
09-25-2021, 07:11 AM
:oldlol:

:facepalm
Imagine how peaceful it must be to be tpols. Just a little peanut rattling around in there.

hold this L
09-25-2021, 07:16 AM
Buying a wiggins jersey right now

You'll be buying a jersey from another team with his name on it in a month if this idiot continues this. People can / don't get vaxed, but it's an issue if it hurts the team.

Andrew Wiggins signed a 150 million dollar contract. Damn I didn't even know that. :oldlol:

He set for life anyway. Go buy a big house with a lot of land. Live free and be at peace, he doesn't need to sell out.

They're paying him 30m a year to show up for more than half the games.

tpols
09-25-2021, 07:19 AM
You'll be buying a jersey from another team with his name on it in a month if this idiot continues this. People can / don't get vaxed, but it's an issue if it hurts the team.

You just said people can choose not to get vaxxed but can they really? So he loses his career if he doesn't? That's not a choice then.

Kblaze8855
09-25-2021, 10:08 AM
You just said people can choose not to get vaxxed but can they really? So he loses his career if he doesn't? That's not a choice then.

It’s obviously a choice…..

Words don’t mean what you say they do.

With like 150 million people unvaccinated in this country obviously their choice not to is being allowed. Nobody said businesses have to make it convenient to make that choice. Being inconvenienced into making the choice is the whole point of the restrictions I’m sure.

DoctorP
09-25-2021, 10:24 AM

Sure it is. He can choose to play in a league with zero vax requirements.

Stop being ridiculous.

tpols
09-25-2021, 10:46 AM
It’s obviously a choice…..

Words don’t mean what you say they do.

With like 150 million people unvaccinated in this country obviously their choice not to is being allowed. Nobody said businesses have to make it convenient to make that choice. Being inconvenienced into making the choice is the whole point of the restrictions I’m sure.

No its not. If an authority says you can't have a job, place to live, buy food or see your kid without a government mandated injection its not a choice anymore. You're tightening the noose on peoples ability to live free. What's the breaking point?

beasted
09-25-2021, 11:00 AM
No its not. If an authority says you can't have a job, place to live, buy food or see your kid without a government mandated injection its not a choice anymore. You're tightening the noose on peoples ability to live free. What's the breaking point?

Can you show any restrictions that prevent unvaccinated people from having a place to live or from buying by food or visiting a child?

Until then let's stick to the facts here, and not let our imaginations run wild. This currently seems like a very narrow "constriction" on freedoms: No, you're not allowed to work in an indoors place with a lot of people without a vaccine.

That's it. Don't try and expand this to housing or grocery shopping, voting, or anything else it's currently not controlling.

warriorfan
09-25-2021, 11:05 AM
Vax cucks absolutely FUMING right now.

:roll:

tpols
09-25-2021, 11:06 AM
Can you show any restrictions that prevent unvaccinated people from having a place to live or from buying by food or visiting a child?

Until then let's stick to the facts here, and not let our imaginations run wild. This currently seems like a very narrow "constriction" on freedoms: No, you're not allowed to work in an indoors place with a lot of people without a vaccine.

That's it. Don't try and expand this to housing or grocery shopping, voting, or anything else it's currently not controlling.

Easily. Google it, a judge in Illinois said a mom can't see her kid without it. There's a thread in the OTC where a landlord from Florida is saying he is kicking anybody out that isn't vaxxed. The president is trying to mandate all major corporations to force it. If you don't have income you don't have a place to live or food to eat. Medical insurance is tied to salaried jobs as well. So yes it absolutely affects those things.

tontoz
09-25-2021, 11:44 AM
Easily. Google it, a judge in Illinois said a mom can't see her kid without it. There's a thread in the OTC where a landlord from Florida is saying he is kicking anybody out that isn't vaxxed. The president is trying to mandate all major corporations to force it. If you don't have income you don't have a place to live or food to eat. Medical insurance is tied to salaried jobs as well. So yes it absolutely affects those things.

FYI Bidens mandate is a choice, get the vaccine or get a.covid test every week.

Do you think people will quit.their jobs rather than take a weekly covid test?

Kblaze8855
09-25-2021, 11:52 AM

With the many millions of people not vaccinated we are left with two choices as far as whether or not a choice exists. Either what you claim isn’t happening or it is happening and people are choosing to not be vaccinated anyway. Either way….a choice exists and people are making it.

Stephonit
09-25-2021, 12:31 PM

There's always the other side of the coin. What about the person that wants to be in a covid vaccinated environment and does not feel safe because of all the unvaccinated people? If you own a workplace or a building and want everyone to be vaccinated to enter why shouldn't you be able to enforce such?

tpols
09-25-2021, 12:38 PM
There's always the other side of the coin. What about the person that wants to be in a covid vaccinated environment and does not feel safe because of all the unvaccinated people? If you own a workplace or a building and want everyone to be vaccinated to enter why shouldn't you be able to enforce such?

Because it's a total violation of HIPPA laws and medical privacy. If you work in a hospital or in some high risk field sure as they typically have required vaccines since logically the workers are around high risk sick people all day... If you work some random office job? Makes no sense. And they have no authority to pry into that. I've been in corporate America for over a decade spanning multiple companies and never once have been asked about vaccines or my medical status. Its a massively illegal violation of privacy.

specially so since there's been no long term human clinical trials for this vaccine and cases are up this year from exactly a year ago. They're trying to put everybody on a leash. The media and government won't even discuss natural immunity and antibodies despite the fact the majority of the population has been exposed and have them. I mean.... when are you guys gonna wake up?

Stephonit
09-25-2021, 12:44 PM
Because it's a total violation of HIPPA laws and medical privacy. If you work in a hospital or in some high risk field sure as they typically have required vaccines since logically the workers are around high risk sick people all day... If you work some random office job? Makes no sense. And they have no authority to pry into that. I've been in corporate America for over a decade spanning multiple companies and never once have been asked about vaccines or my medical status. Its a massively illegal violation of privacy.

specially so since there's been no long term human clinical trials for this vaccine and cases are up this year from exactly a year ago. They're trying to put everybody on a leash. The media and government won't even discuss natural immunity and antibodies despite the fact the majority of the population has been exposed and have them. I mean.... when are you guys gonna wake up?

Then I guess someone can sue using your HIPPA argument and see what the courts say.

bladefd
09-25-2021, 12:51 PM
Then I guess someone can sue using your HIPPA argument and see what the courts say.

Tpols should be the one to bring it against the US government. We can see what happens :lol

Hint:

In general, the HIPAA Rules do not apply to employers or employment records. HIPAA only applies to HIPAA covered entities – health care providers, health plans, and health care clearinghouses – and, to some extent, to their business associates.If an employer asks an employee to provide proof that they have been vaccinated, that is not a HIPAA violation, and employees may decide whether to provide that information to their employer.

tontoz
09-25-2021, 01:08 PM
The supreme court ruling from a long time ago.

Jacobson v. Massachusetts, 197 U.S. 11 (1905), was a United States Supreme Court case in which the Court upheld the authority of states to enforce compulsory vaccination laws.

Kblaze8855
09-25-2021, 01:18 PM
Because it's a total violation of HIPPA laws and medical privacy.

You wanting it to be illegal doesn’t make it so. This has been settled for a very very very long time.

FireDavidKahn
09-25-2021, 01:28 PM

Oh god we got a twitter idiot about "HIPPA"

1) It's HIPAA
2) HIPAA has nothing to do with what you describe.

You just outed yourself for parroting what you hear on facebook instead of doing even a modicum of research. You couldn't even get the acronym right!:roll:

This might help you out.

https://862620.smushcdn.com/1896283/wp-content/uploads/2021/06/HIPAA-vs-HIPPA-Parody.png

tontoz
09-25-2021, 01:36 PM

I didn't even notice that ....HIPPA.... and I have to take a test on HIPAA every year.

"Invented by people on the internet" :roll:

Cleverness
09-25-2021, 01:42 PM
Should people have the freedom to refuse medical intrusions into their bodies?

Cleverness
09-25-2021, 01:45 PM

This currently seems like a very narrow "constriction" on freedoms:

No, you're not allowed to work in an indoors place with a lot of people without a vaccine.

Do you see the irony in your first and second statements?

Why aren't we allowed to work without becoming "vaccinated" with one of Trump Vaccines?

Cleverness
09-25-2021, 01:46 PM
The supreme court ruling from a long time ago.

Ah, constitutional scholar!

Can you point out where in the Constitution grants the federal gov't the authority to purchase, distribute, and administer vaccines?

tpols
09-25-2021, 02:34 PM
You wanting it to be illegal doesn’t make it so. This has been settled for a very very very long time.

Its absolutely illegal for a private company to ask about my medical status and/or mandate I take certain medical procedures. The whole reason they're not allowed to do that is because if they found out certain individuals had certain conditions and were driving their insurance costs up they could discriminate against them.

Segregation and discrimination are two things we've worked hard to minimize in this country. Seems you're trying to reverse that.

Kblaze8855
09-25-2021, 02:42 PM
Its absolutely illegal for a private company to ask about my medical status and/or mandate I take certain medical procedures. The whole reason they're not allowed to do that is because if they found out certain individuals had certain conditions and were driving their insurance costs up they could discriminate against them.

Segregation and discrimination are two things we've worked hard to minimize in this country. Seems you're trying to reverse that.

Wanna go ahead and say it again and still have it not matter in the real world where it’s already decided that they can and they are obviously choosing to do so?

tpols
09-25-2021, 02:47 PM
I'm gonna say it til the day I expire.

Kblaze8855
09-25-2021, 02:53 PM
Well since we are all pretending the law is what we say it is….ive decided it’s illegal to complain about public health measures. Let’s see if my irrelevant personal feelings matter more than yours. I suspect they are equally worthless when it comes to actual law but I guess we will find out together.

tpols
09-25-2021, 02:56 PM
Laws were created for a reason but have been broken left and right the past year. Amazing the lengths some of yall go to sellout for those who used to oppress you.

Now that's a damn shame. Our ancestors are watching.

ArbitraryWater
09-25-2021, 02:57 PM
This guy has reached new levels of dumb:oldlol:

https://twitter.com/TimBontemps/status/1441550049725480961

How exactly does not wanting to get a COVID vaccine measure intelligence?

tontoz
09-25-2021, 02:58 PM
Laws were created for a reason but have been broken left and right the past year. Amazing the lengths some of yall go to sellout for those who used to oppress you.

Now that's a damn shame. Our ancestors are watching.

Why don't you provide a link to the laws you are referencing here.

Hint: Facebook comments dont count.

ArbitraryWater
09-25-2021, 02:59 PM
Its quite worrisome the lengths some people will go to to excuse anything and everything.

Just so they don‘t have to worry about the reality they live in.

ArbitraryWater
09-25-2021, 03:00 PM

Theyre not paying him through a contract that says he has to get vaccinated lmao.

If they make those rules, they have to deal with the consequences.

FireDavidKahn
09-25-2021, 03:06 PM
How exactly does not wanting to get a COVID vaccine measure intelligence?

Because he actually tried going down the religious exemption route...

Cleverness
09-25-2021, 03:08 PM
Well since we are all pretending the law is what we say it is….ive decided it’s illegal to complain about public health measures. Let’s see if my irrelevant personal feelings matter more than yours. I suspect they are equally worthless when it comes to actual law but I guess we will find out together.

FYI opposition to the "measures" is a potential terror threat.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/E8uWnehWUAAKXqE?format=jpg&name=small
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/E8uWnehWUAAKXqE?format=jpg&name=small

2020: Trump's travel bans are racist and xenophobic

2021: Anyone who opposes Trump's travel bans is a potential terrorist

ArbitraryWater
09-25-2021, 03:08 PM
Because he actually tried going down the religious exemption route...

Bad reason but they normally allow everything for religious reasons so it was actually a solid attempt.

All of a sudden religion and my body my choice no longer matters.

Interesting, to say the least.

FireDavidKahn
09-25-2021, 03:10 PM
On a side note, it is quite amazing how "HIPPA" folks continually say all of this is illegal.

Yet they fail to explain why none of this is being taking up lawyers anywhere. If this was such a grievous violation of HIPAA (not HIPPA as the dolts spell it)it would be a pretty easy victory in the courts leading to ridiculously high settlements and a ton of money into their pockets.

But I guess this is the first nationwide boycott by lawyers in history who aren't interested in lining their products with such free and easy money.

Norcaliblunt
09-25-2021, 03:11 PM
Lol. I’ll cough on all y’all. And you know what? You’ll probably live. Lmao at at all you suckers. Bitches.

FireDavidKahn
09-25-2021, 03:12 PM
Bad reason but they normally allow everything for religious reasons so it was actually a solid attempt.

All of a sudden religion and my body my choice no longer matters.

Interesting, to say the least.

Ok.

You seriously believe that Wiggins practices a religion that doesn't believe in vaccines?

Norcaliblunt
09-25-2021, 03:13 PM
And this fool KBlaze a year ago was bragging about how his state wasn’t shut down and his life was practically normal. Now he’s telling you to get jabbed. Lol.

Cleverness
09-25-2021, 03:14 PM
Ok.

You seriously believe that Wiggins practices a religion that doesn't believe in vaccines?

Operating in the box he is in, he and his lawyer probably thought it was his best chance of avoiding a forced injection with the Trump Vaccine & to continue playing basketball (his job).

FireDavidKahn
09-25-2021, 03:16 PM
And this fool KBlaze a year ago was bragging about how his state wasn’t shut down and his life was practically normal. Now he’s telling you to get jabbed. Lol.

Could you point to a specific post of his that says that?

Because he hasn't said that at all in this thread.

Norcaliblunt
09-25-2021, 03:22 PM
Could you point to a specific post of his that says that?

Because he hasn't said that at all in this thread.

This dude a year ago was saying life was normal for him and telling us not to complain while we’re all locked down. Dude was living free in his unrestricted state telling us to not trip. Lol. While my business is shut down this guy is telling us we’re all dumb because life was normal for him. Now he’s telling you to get jabbed. Big LOL.

Cleverness
09-25-2021, 03:23 PM

Lol. I’ll cough on all y’all. And you know what? You’ll probably live. Lmao at at all you suckers. Bitches.

:pimp:

tpols
09-25-2021, 03:30 PM

He's an ultimate sellout. Thank God most aren't like him.

tpols
09-25-2021, 03:46 PM
FYI opposition to the "measures" is a potential terror threat.

What you just bolded there Clever is straight Nazism and stripping of freedom of speech. Kblaze just violated the First Amendment of the United States of Americas Constitution. The very foundation upon which our country was founded. Amazing what's going on in this country. That's treason.

tontoz
09-25-2021, 04:29 PM
What you just bolded there Clever is straight Nazism and stripping of freedom of speech. Kblaze just violated the First Amendment of the United States of Americas Constitution. The very foundation upon which our country was founded. Amazing what's going on in this country. That's treason.

The First Amendment?

Treason?

tpols is the gift that keeps on giving.

Norcaliblunt
09-25-2021, 04:35 PM
KBlaze is the ultimate sell out Uncle Tom. He thinks he’s cool because he’s the first person is his families history to actually work a white boy honkey job. Lol.

Yo you ain’t gotta be white devil to prosper.

Norcaliblunt
09-25-2021, 04:39 PM
The First Amendment?

Treason?

tpols is the gift that keeps on giving.

I’ll cough on you bitch. What you gonna do? If you die you a bitch. ****ing weakling.

dreamshake
09-25-2021, 06:42 PM
This dude a year ago was saying life was normal for him and telling us not to complain while we’re all locked down. Dude was living free in his unrestricted state telling us to not trip. Lol. While my business is shut down this guy is telling us we’re all dumb because life was normal for him. Now he’s telling you to get jabbed. Big LOL.

+1 I remember exactly kblaze saying this. Some people switch bandwagons real quick

tontoz
09-25-2021, 06:49 PM
When this first started a friend of mine asked me if I was going to wear a mask and I was like nah I am not worried about a virus.

Then not long after that my office closed, gyms closed and you had to wear a mask to go to the store. Guess what, I wore the mask.

Sometimes you have to pivot when you get new information.

Kblaze8855
09-25-2021, 06:58 PM
My life essentially is normal. I’ve been bouncing all over the south from Florida to Texas since I quit working. I’ve never traveled more. I don’t need to be particularly afraid of Covid to not be an idiot. These arguments get so polarized people seem to be genuinely shocked that anyone isnt all or nothing.

I don’t have to be hysterical, enjoy wearing a mask, or think covid is the most dangerous thing in existence to see that a lot of the anti vaccine types are flat out stupid and making up fictional laws to complain about them being broken. I essentially quit my job after I had already taken two months off due to not wanting to follow the Covid regulations. They wanted me to wear a mask….when I have my own office. Just silliness. I didn’t need the money anymore. I said **** it let me go enjoy life.

Im the furthest thing from some rabid vaccine mandate pusher.

I just do what common sense suggests. My father already died of covid. I have an elderly cancer surviving mother with a weak immune system. Why wouldn’t my family and I do what we can to minimize risk in ways that still allow us to live life?

I travel, eat nice meals, go to concerts of great musicians I’m afraid won’t tour much longer, and take care of my family. I’m not shook of the 200th vaccine of my life when it makes all that much easier and safer.

Santana is in town soon. Woman I’m seeing….her grandfather runs the security at a lot of local shows and events. I may be able to weasel my way backstage….but guess what? Not if I weren’t vaccinated.

So many people out here miserable and crying like bitches over people like….not wanting the vulnerable to die. Talking about freedom….not having a choice. Grown ass men soft as wet ***** acting like they have ever tasted true oppression.

“Oh no….I have to get a shot or I can’t get into the douchebag convention. I’m being excluded from society!”

I had to give blood, urine, hair, prove I’d taken shots and all manner of things as a condition of employment or even playing sports looooooong before covid. A doctor had to literally grab my balls so I could play football but I’m gonna try to spark a revolution over a shot that reduces the chance my vulnerable family gets sick and I lose another parent?

**** outta here. Bunch of insincere lames, idiots, trolls and a very few over the top but well meaning fear mongers who almost exclusively make terrible arguments even when their concerns might have merit.

I’m not that worried about Covid. But I know for a fact people do die. I don’t want my mom to join them. I don’t want your mom to join them. Seems the best defense is either already having had it or a vaccine that essentially simulates that. So I do my part and live life.

A lot of you choose not to….while simultaneously somehow believing you aren’t being given a choice. That is a baffling combo of idiocy but that’s where we are. I sit somewhere in the middle I guess leaning towards common sense. Protect the vulnerable. Live your life.

Its been pretty simple the whole time.

tpols
09-25-2021, 07:10 PM
KBlaze is the ultimate sell out Uncle Tom. He thinks he’s cool because he’s the first person is his families history to actually work a white boy honkey job. Lol.

Yo you ain’t gotta be white devil to prosper.

Damn that's brutal. :lol I wouldn't even go that far.

3ba11
09-25-2021, 07:15 PM
Natural immunity is proven to fight Covid better, so why are people being denied the right to the better protection (natural immunity)??

Obviously, you should get the vaccine if you live with your parents and they're older/vulnerable, but otherwise, people are just dumb and overreacting to this thing.. natural immunity is PROVEN TO BE BETTER, so what are we talking about here?

tontoz
09-25-2021, 07:24 PM
Natural immunity is proven to fight Covid better, so why are people being denied the right to the better protection (natural immunity)??

Obviously, you should get the vaccine if you live with your parents and they're older/vulnerable, but otherwise, people are just dumb and overreacting to this thing.. natural immunity is PROVEN TO BE BETTER, so what are we talking about here?

The problem with natural immunity is that you have to get covid to get the immunity. That can be a big problem since 2k people are dying from it every day in the US right now.

bladefd
09-25-2021, 07:26 PM
On a side note, it is quite amazing how "HIPPA" folks continually say all of this is illegal.

Yet they fail to explain why none of this is being taking up lawyers anywhere. If this was such a grievous violation of HIPAA (not HIPPA as the dolts spell it)it would be a pretty easy victory in the courts leading to ridiculously high settlements and a ton of money into their pockets.

But I guess this is the first nationwide boycott by lawyers in history who aren't interested in lining their products with such free and easy money.

inb4 someone posts "LAWYERS ARE ALL IN ON IT TOO!" :lol

tpols
09-25-2021, 07:55 PM
Here we go again. Kblaze is lying.

“Oh no….I have to get a shot or I can’t get into the douchebag convention. I’m being excluded from society!”

Nobody would give a **** if it was about a concert or convention. Im perfectly fine sitting my ass at home in peace. This thread is about cutting peoples employment off. So they can't sit at home in peace. Wiggins can... cuz hes on a 150 million dollar contract... we can't.

So you're lying. Vax status is cutting off peoples ability to provide for themselves. I'd have no problem with you doing you and getting it if you're scared. Let me do me and us do us though.

3ba11
09-25-2021, 08:30 PM
The problem with natural immunity is that you have to get covid to get the immunity. That can be a big problem since 2k people are dying from it every day in the US right now.

Covid is only a mortality risk to old and unhealthy

So non-old, healthy people are dumb for getting the vaccine when natural immunity protects them far better and they won't have to get several shots a year, which vaccinated people will have to do

Covid is simply being used as a political tool - the standard should be for the old and unhealthy to get vaxxed - everyone else should have natural immunity

Kblaze8855
09-25-2021, 09:02 PM

Nobody would give a **** if it was about a concert or convention. Im perfectly fine sitting my ass at home in peace. This thread is about cutting peoples employment off. So they can't sit at home in peace. Wiggins can... cuz hes on a 150 million dollar contract... we can't.

So you're lying. Vax status is cutting off peoples ability to provide for themselves. I'd have no problem with you doing you and getting it if you're scared. Let me do me and us do us though.

There you sit doing you.

What are you asking for in addition?

The choice is yours. Just as it was mine.

I literally quit work and drove across the country. Nobody prevented that.

If I didn’t have sufficient means to pull it off I’d have made a different choice. Still would be my call to make. I’d just be wearing a mask in my office with nobody near me like an idiot till they loosened the rules. Didn’t feel like it.

I switched to night shifts first where I could be maskless….was bored as all hell…watching Deadwood and Boardwalk empire over while minions worked on the other end of the building.

Wasnt for me. I have to move around….interact. I needed my old 5-2 shift. That had a few dozen people in the building instead of the night shifts 10-15 or so. Much harder to work with the people who actually cared about masks.

So **** it. I quit and drove to Nashville the next morning. Then Memphis. Then I believe Dallas, Austin, and Houston and kept going.

I made a choice.

If you’re check to check your choice would be harder but a choice it would remain.

I do what I feel like. I pop into my old job to drop off baby shower gifts. I’ll never work for anyone else again. I didn’t cry. I didn’t even argue for change when I knew I was in position to possibly win the argument. I just said **** it,

My choice.

Your choice.

Say **** it or do as you’re told.

bladefd
09-25-2021, 09:09 PM
My life essentially is normal. I’ve been bouncing all over the south from Florida to Texas since I quit working. I’ve never traveled more. I don’t need to be particularly afraid of Covid to not be an idiot. These arguments get so polarized people seem to be genuinely shocked that anyone isnt all or nothing.

I don’t have to be hysterical, enjoy wearing a mask, or think covid is the most dangerous thing in existence to see that a lot of the anti vaccine types are flat out stupid and making up fictional laws to complain about them being broken. I essentially quit my job after I had already taken two months off due to not wanting to follow the Covid regulations. They wanted me to wear a mask….when I have my own office. Just silliness. I didn’t need the money anymore. I said **** it let me go enjoy life.

I just do what common sense suggests. My father already died of covid. I have an elderly cancer surviving mother with a weak immune system. Why wouldn’t my family and I do what we can to minimize risk in ways that still allow us to live life?

I travel, eat nice meals, go to concerts of great musicians I’m afraid won’t tour much longer, and take care of my family. I’m not shook of the 200th vaccine of my life when it makes all that much easier and safer.

Santana is in town soon. Woman I’m seeing….her grandfather runs the security at a lot of local shows and events. I may be able to weasel my way backstage….but guess what? Not if I weren’t vaccinated.

So many people out here miserable and crying like bitches over people like….not wanting the vulnerable to die. Talking about freedom….not having a choice. Grown ass men soft as wet ***** acting like they have ever tasted true oppression.

I had to give blood, urine, hair, prove I’d taken shots and all manner of things as a condition of employment or even playing sports looooooong before covid. A doctor had to literally grab my balls so I could play football but I’m gonna try to spark a revolution over a shot that reduces the chance my vulnerable family gets sick and I lose another parent?

**** outta here. Bunch of insincere lames, idiots, trolls and a very few over the top but well meaning fear mongers who almost exclusively make terrible arguments even when their concerns might have merit.

I’m not that worried about Covid. But I know for a fact people do die. I don’t want my mom to join them. I don’t want your mom to join them. Seems the best defense is either already having had it or a vaccine that essentially simulates that. So I do my part and live life.

A lot of you choose not to….while simultaneously somehow believing you aren’t being given a choice. That is a baffling combo of idiocy but that’s where we are. I sit somewhere in the middle I guess leaning towards common sense. Protect the vulnerable. Live your life.

Which musicians do you enjoy the most and listen to a lot of?

bladefd
09-25-2021, 09:13 PM

Not really. It makes zero difference whether your immunity is from the vaccine or natural. Zero difference except of course that you would have to get covid first to get natural immunity.

What? You think real-life is a RPG game where you level up more from natural immunity than vaccine immunity? No, that's not how our immune system works. Natural immunity also starts wearing off after a year or so as well. It's not better.

hold this L
09-26-2021, 12:59 AM
Not people that get paid 30m a year to play basketball

hold this L
09-26-2021, 01:02 AM
Theyre not paying him through a contract that says he has to get vaccinated lmao.

If they make those rules, they have to deal with the consequences.
I agree that they shouldn't have made people do it to play. That to me is crazy. However, since the woke coast exclusively is making every player and employer have to take it to visit the arena, Wiggin's is either
1. going to get the vaccine now and people forget it
2. His ass is gonna get traded.

Annoying thing is Wig getting traded is going to make the Warriors weaker and remove them from title contention. Shit is maddening.

8Ball
09-26-2021, 08:14 AM

:applause:

8Ball
09-26-2021, 08:15 AM
I agree that they shouldn't have made people do it to play. That to me is crazy. However, since the woke coast exclusively is making every player and employer have to take it to visit the arena, Wiggin's is either
1. going to get the vaccine now and people forget it
2. His ass is gonna get traded.

Annoying thing is Wig getting traded is going to make the Warriors weaker and remove them from title contention. Shit is maddening.

I think Wiggins is going to take the shot. He wanted to exhaust all options first.

Kyrie seems to be the bigger moron that might buckle down and not take it.

8Ball
09-26-2021, 08:19 AM

Soft as charmin right here.

Hsvent seen you stop whining about a little rMNA shot and terrified of it.

Straight up scared.

Cleverness
09-26-2021, 04:43 PM

Last year he was complaining about Houston having "only one dropbox" for ballots. he even brought up Jim Crow in the same discussion.

But when half of black small businesses get destroyed by gov't lockdowns, tens of millions of black children forced out of school, tens of millions of blacks being forced to inject themselves with the Trump Vaccine to take part in society, his response is... "i don't even wanna hear it. just shut up and take it."

Kblaze8855
09-26-2021, 08:44 PM
I dont even wanna hear it?

I don’t hear it. I read it from outsiders on the internet now and then. Exactly zero people in my family and none of my friends have had a single argument with me about vaccines. Everyone either got it or didn’t and life goes on. Not a one of the ones without it has been forced….or there wouldn’t be anyone without it.

Yet there they are…taking part in society. The millions of unvaccinated black and other people did not simply vanish. You’re sitting there….parts of society. Complaining about problems you choose to have. And I do mean “there” because nobody around me seems too concerned including the unvaccinated. Most I’ve seen is a few “Y’all got me ****ed up” memes on the page of a few people I assume are anti vaccine. Most recently my cousins best friend who then posted a pic of her meal at Juicy Crab.

The unvaccinated are walking around living their lives and the ones who are inconvenienced have clearly made a decision to be.

They aren’t out of society. They are largely idiots…but they have hardly been removed.

Cleverness
09-27-2021, 02:42 AM
You seem to have missed the point.

The point is you thought it was a big enough deal to complain about 1 dropbox in Houston, yet don't seem to GAF about half of black small businesses get destroyed by gov't lockdowns, tens of millions of black children forced out of school, tens of millions of blacks being forced to inject themselves with the Trump Vaccine to take part in society. (Ok, maybe not tens of millions in that last part, but millions). You claim it's because "you don't have friends/family complaining about the vaccines," but how badly were your friends and family affected by having only 1 dropbox in Houston?

How many blacks lost their business because of the lockdowns?

How many black children lost schooling because of the lockdowns?

How many blacks have been forced to get the vaccine, against their will, to keep their job? How many had to be coerced into getting it, when otherwise wouldn't have?

Look at NYC for example, https://www.yahoo.com/now/black-lives-matter-greater-york-200600400.html

Mayor Bill De Blasio has aggressively pushed a "vaccine passport" system that bars entry to restaurants, gyms, and other public places without proof of COVID-19 inoculation.

More than 70% of black people in New York City aged 18 to 44 have not gotten the injection — a statistic touted by Chivona at the Monday protest. There is a variety of reasons for the lag in shots, including religious beliefs and distrust of the government.

Axe
09-27-2021, 05:21 AM
Poor thing. Having andrew wiggins in the previous season, along with 2nd pick james wiseman, rising star kelly oubre and small veteran kent bazemore apparently weren't enough to propel stephen curry to at least the 8th seed. :(

Otoh, there's good news that klay is coming back next season. Should wiggins decide to never take the vaccine at all, however, the heavy task that they're burdened with carrying his fellow splash bro to a playoff seed may not go so well if he'll eventually be mia.

Kblaze8855
09-27-2021, 07:45 AM
You seem to have missed the point.

The point is you thought it was a big enough deal to complain about 1 dropbox in Houston, yet don't seem to GAF about half of black small businesses get destroyed by gov't lockdowns, tens of millions of black children forced out of school, tens of millions of blacks being forced to inject themselves with the Trump Vaccine to take part in society. (Ok, maybe not tens of millions in that last part, but millions). You claim it's because "you don't have friends/family complaining about the vaccines," but how badly were your friends and family affected by having only 1 dropbox in Houston?

How many blacks lost their business because of the lockdowns?

How many black children lost schooling because of the lockdowns?

How many blacks have been forced to get the vaccine, against their will, to keep their job? How many had to be coerced into getting it, when otherwise wouldn't have?

Look at NYC for example, https://www.yahoo.com/now/black-lives-matter-greater-york-200600400.html

Its amazing that you don’t see that you invalidate your point yourself.

Youre fabricating the complaint from the jump. Talking about black people forced to take a vaccine then posting an example showing 70% didn’t take it. It’s available. It’s free. Obviously….if 70% didn’t take it they were in fact not forced and don’t see the things you claim remove them from society as a big enough issue to motivate them.

Me..my entire black family…all my friends…aren’t that worried about any of it. And it appears the people you reference aren’t either. It’s a much bigger argument among political extremes on the internet than in my community.

The only people I encounter up in arms are largely redneck types. And even they are generally on tv not around me complaining in person. And I live about 10 minutes from Spartanburg South Carolina which I read last night had the highest hospitalization rate in America right now. Still doesn’t seem to be much of an argument going on.

Most of us just living in peace not bothering each other while people seek agitation to shine a spotlight on it for their own political games. The biggest complaint I hear about the schools is either wanting them open or to be online…not some combo of both.

None of it that major to a single person in my sphere and people with and without the shot are going about their lives. I’ve not seen a single person without the shot have it forced on them yet. Must not be that great an inconvenience not having it. And the places you cite must not be much different if 70% of you people you reference still don’t feel a need to get it. Can’t be much “force” applied if they just decline and go on about their lives.