PDA

View Full Version : You guys wanna see 3balls head explode?

97 bulls
09-25-2021, 08:08 PM
Ask him who he would take between Lebron James and Scottie Pippen.

tontoz
09-25-2021, 08:18 PM
:roll:

3ba11
09-25-2021, 08:23 PM
I would choose Lebron if I needed a 1st or 2nd option and Pippen if I already had a 1st and 2nd option.. I don't want Lebron on a team with 2 other stars because we'll underachieve due to his ball-dominant strategy - whereas Pippen can work as a 3rd or 4th option if I already have 2 stars.

But Lebron would fire me as a coach pretty quickly, obviously.. He wouldn't let me implement equal-opportunity basketball because he lacks the key skills needed to get good stats in that format (elite jumpshooting skill, assisted/off-ball skillset, quick-iso skillset)

Kobe_Bryant
09-25-2021, 08:43 PM
personally i would take scottie. he fits in better with any system. if i take lebron the entire team has to be changed to fit his style/needs on a personal/friendship level etc...

if i was making an all time team Pippen would be far more valuable than lebron while being far less of a player individually

if i was making the perfect team i would be inclined to take Pippen over bird and lebron because neither guy was consistent defensively. and with pippen i can take both myself and MJ for my backcourt since pippen can run the offense

as lead dog pippen can't get the job done because of his beta mentality. but hes literally the perfect sidekick.

Kobe_Bryant
09-25-2021, 08:46 PM
I would choose Lebron if I needed a 1st or 2nd option and Pippen if I already had a 1st and 2nd option.. I don't want Lebron on a team with 2 other stars because we'll underachieve due to his ball-dominant strategy - whereas Pippen can work as a 3rd or 4th option if I already have 2 stars.

But Lebron would fire me as a coach pretty quickly, obviously.. He wouldn't let me implement equal-opportunity basketball because he lacks the key skills needed to get good stats in that format (elite jumpshooting skill, assisted/off-ball skillset, quick-iso skillset)

beat me to it. Lebron has to be the #1 guy. which is why I'm the more valuable player to have since i can average around 30ppg and win as a 1st or 2nd option. I can fit in any offense

warriorfan
09-25-2021, 08:48 PM
Scottie. Won’t team hop as much. Can play a better brand of basketball. Slightly better teammate. Longer and way more D.

He’s also a better defender.

3ba11
09-25-2021, 08:51 PM
beat me to it. Lebron has to be the #1 guy. which is why I'm the more valuable player to have since i can average around 30ppg and win as a 1st or 2nd option. I can fit in any offense

You were elite on-ball and off-ball, so you fit with all player types and could employ the best strategy (equal-opportunity ball movement).

And since you fit with all player types and didn't reduce guys to spot-up roles, teammates played to capacity so you also needed less help - i.e. you went back-to-back with a bosh-level player at 2nd option

ClipperRevival
09-25-2021, 09:01 PM
Scottie. Won’t team hop as much. Can play a better brand of basketball. Slightly better teammate. Longer and way more D.

He’s also a better defender.

High IQ post,

The bolded is especially what matters.

DoctorP
09-25-2021, 10:26 PM

Winner.

2ball
09-25-2021, 11:04 PM
This is a trick question. LeBron would essentially turn the 3-peat Bulls into the heavily favorite under-achieving Miami Heat. They would be worse. I have to go with Pippen.

Phoenix
09-26-2021, 09:06 AM

You were elite on-ball and off-ball, so you fit with all player types and could employ the best strategy (equal-opportunity ball movement).

And since you fit with all player types and didn't reduce guys to spot-up roles, teammates played to capacity so you also needed less help - i.e. you went back-to-back with a bosh-level player at 2nd option

https://thumbs.dreamstime.com/b/two-nuts-5536680.jpg

Axe
09-27-2021, 01:21 AM
No 1-9 jokes anymore?

kuniva_dAMiGhTy
09-27-2021, 01:47 AM
Nah. Just ask him to pick between Shaq and Bron. :lol