#9 - Larry Bird
#10 - Hakeem Olajuwon
#11 - Kobe Bryant
#12 - Stephen Curry
#13 - Oscar Robertson
#14 - NOW VOTING

Top 25 Player Pool

https://i.ibb.co/9b0LDgJ/Player-Pool-Top-25.jpg

For a full player pool and vote breakdowns see the link.

Everyone may post in this thread but only votes from serious contributors will be considered. Not everyone has to write an essay but there should be some justification or explanation and some coherent arguments being presented. I encourage people to be open-minded and willing to adjust their rankings in response to strong evidence. Debate and discussion is encouraged.

Opening Vote Tally

Jerry West - 5 (ArbitraryWater, TheCorporation, Taurus, MadDog, Chick Stern)
Kevin Durant - 4 (Manny98, 8Ball, 1987_Lakers, nayte)
Moses Malone - 3 (Lebron23, jlip, Overdrive)
Kawhi Leonard - 2 (kawhileonard2, HBK_Kliq_2)
Karl Malone - 1 (Magic is Magic)
Julius Erving - 1 (jalbert009)

dankok8
09-26-2021, 11:52 AM
I got Jerry West. For an entire decade this guy was putting up unreal scoring numbers relative to his era including torching the legendary defense Celtics over and over series after series. He was a complete guard who could score 30 ppg on really good efficiency, handle the ball and pass really well, and play lockdown defense to boot.

MadDog
09-26-2021, 12:03 PM
OP are you going to add CP3 & Stockton to the list? :confusedshrug: When we get into the 20s, those guys should probably get consideration.

I got Jerry West. For an entire decade this guy was putting up unreal scoring numbers relative to his era including torching the legendary defense Celtics over and over series after series. He was a complete guard who could score 30 ppg on really good efficiency, handle the ball and pass really well, and play lockdown defense to boot.

Agreed.

TheCorporation
09-26-2021, 12:36 PM
OP are you going to add CP3 & Stockton to the list? :confusedshrug: When we get into the 20s, those guys should probably get consideration.

Agreed.

Along with Harden, Kawhi, etc. Putting a limited cap on voting is about as dumb as it gets when creating a voting system :lol

MadDog
09-26-2021, 12:55 PM
Along with Harden, Kawhi, etc. Putting a limited cap on voting is about as dumb as it gets when creating a voting system :lol

Harden & Kawhi are already listed, but ya, sooner or later this is gonna be a crapshoot. The restraints should be off.

dankok8
09-26-2021, 01:09 PM
There are no restraints guys. You can vote for anyone you want. However I don't think CP3 and Stockton will get much love any time soon when we have multiple MVP's and best player in the league caliber players left. But I'll add them to the image for the next thread to keep folks happy I guess.

Phoenix
09-26-2021, 01:42 PM
Going with Durant. The bitch move of riding shotgun on the Warriors aside( meaning I'm putting 'some' stock on his rings, but not a great deal), he's arguably got a top 15-20 career even if he didn't win shit. Durant's MVP and 3 extra scoring titles break for me what is otherwise pretty close to a dead-heat career-wise with West.

RRR3
09-26-2021, 02:23 PM
Put me down for no more limiting voting. OP shouldn’t be the one deciding so much. If someone makes an insane vote then yes disregard but otherwise let us vote for whoever.

I vote for Jerry West.

MadDog
09-26-2021, 02:38 PM
I voted for West and will likely go with Durant afterward. They're more or less interchangeable.

There are no restraints guys. You can vote for anyone you want. However I don't think CP3 and Stockton will get much love any time soon when we have multiple MVP's and best player in the league caliber players left. But I'll add them to the image for the next thread to keep folks happy I guess.

Good looking out. Wasn't trying to chide you btw. Its just the teens and twenties are more random than the top 10 - who most people agree on.

SouBeachTalents
09-26-2021, 03:24 PM
The Logo

L.Kizzle
09-26-2021, 05:08 PM
Jerry West.

Honor Boost
09-26-2021, 06:21 PM
I hate to plug in Jerry W and if the votes were true then I would cast a ballot on Kawhi L but since they are not it is Jerry W for now

gonzaldo
09-26-2021, 06:33 PM
id like to vote for Dirk, if curry is the face of the current era, then dirk is the precursor of it.
He has the longevity, loyalty and arguably the greatest ring, beating at least 3 tops 20 guys along the way.

SaintzFury13
09-26-2021, 07:13 PM
Gotta go with Jerry West on this one.

Phoenix
09-26-2021, 07:19 PM
Think we can wrap this one up for Logo. Next.....

dankok8
09-26-2021, 11:17 PM
Final Vote Tally

Jerry West - 11 (ArbitraryWater, TheCorporation, Taurus, MadDog, Chick Stern, dankok8, RRR3, SouBeachTalents, L. Kizzle, Honor Boost, SaintzFury13)
Kevin Durant - 5 (Manny98, 8Ball, 1987_Lakers, nayte, Phoenix)
Moses Malone - 3 (Lebron23, jlip, Overdrive)
Kawhi Leonard - 2 (kawhileonard2, HBK_Kliq_2)
Karl Malone - 1 (Magic is Magic)
Julius Erving - 1 (jalbert009)
Dirk Nowitzki - 1 (Gonzaldo)

West wins. Thread #15 is now open.