PDA

View Full Version : Rank the best five NBA teams heading into the 2021-22 season

insidehoops
09-27-2021, 12:08 PM
Who do you say are the five best NBA teams as we enter the 2021-22 season?

And feel free to include an honorable mention or two, if necessary.

DoctorP
09-27-2021, 01:08 PM
Bucks - The champs
Nets - If Kyrie gets vaxxed they should be able to push the Bucks
Suns - A year older, can they repeat their success?
Nuggets - Injuries derailed them but they are pretty stacked
Jazz - A defensive misstep ended their season, can they adjust?

Full Court
09-27-2021, 01:10 PM
1. Lakers

Gap

2. Nets
3. Bucks
4. Suns
5. Dallas

I don't think there's a gap between the Lakers and Nets at all. It's a tossup for top two. And I don't see Dallas as being a top team. I'm going to go out on a limb and replace Dallas with Miami. Heat are going to shock everyone this year.

Honorable mentions to the Bulls and the Warriors.

fsvr54
09-27-2021, 01:19 PM
1. Hawks
2. Nets
3. Bucks
4. Nuggets
5. Lakers

insidehoops
09-27-2021, 01:26 PM
Serious rankings, please!

MadDog
09-27-2021, 01:28 PM
1 Nets
2 Lakers
3 Bucks
4 Suns
5 Clippers when healthy, but Miami until proven otherwise

fsvr54
09-27-2021, 01:57 PM

Mine is 100% serious. I don't follow narratives

NBAGOAT
09-27-2021, 02:26 PM
Nets. easy favorite imo. Best big 3 in league with really good supporting pieces too. will be a historic offense, defense is a bit underrated. They dont play any awful defenders and only harden/kyrie are below average. Getting rid of deandre is addition by subtraction.

Bucks. gotta give the defending champs some credit. Think they'll have a better regular season that last year with less covid issues, another year for their big 3 together, and being used to playing other defensive schemes now. Milwaukee wasnt as dominant last regular season because bud was trying new things on defense besides drop coverage. Holiday/Giannis/Lopez can anchor better than just the 10th best defense. Made some nice small upgrades in grayson and hill.

Lakers. More talented big 3 than bucks but they're relying on one of their young guards to break out or the supporting cast isnt special. Also room for regression from multiple guys due to age. They'll still be really good and be top 10 on defense since with vogel(but I doubt they'll be top 5).

Jazz. I like them over suns. Suns have more upside for sure but the Jazz were a historically good regular season team by srs with a huge edge over any other team and then got injured in the playoffs. conley/ingles definitely could be worse but mitchell should get even better too and I could see bojan back at the level he was 2 years ago, slumped a little last year. Also for the suns, paul is so old and yes he was still their best player last year.

Heat. I'm on the hype train. They're a top 5 defense and I think offense is a little underrated because they dont have good spacing. They still have great talented though I think it'll be like an average offense. Really like their big 3 and how they fit. It's not likely but herro or oladipo being all star caliber players could make them almost a superteam. PF position does worry me a bit, tucker is pretty useless during regular season now and only have markieff to back him up. They need one 3nD guy imo who can backup jimmy and play some 4(james ennis would be solid)

If nuggets or clippers or healthy, I would put them above the jazz but they're not.

k0kakw0rld
09-27-2021, 03:41 PM
Lakers
Nets
Bucks
Nuggets (Jamal Murray is coming back + Jokic)
Jazz (As long as Gobert is healthy they will be top-seeded)

Manny98
09-27-2021, 03:50 PM
Lakers
Nets
Bucks
Nuggets (Jamal Murray is coming back + Jokic)
Jazz (As long as Gobert is healthy they will be top-seeded)
Jazz aren't even top 10 :oldlol:

Xiao Yao You
09-27-2021, 04:05 PM
Jazz aren't even top 10 :oldlol:

poor Manny :facepalm

Cold soul
09-27-2021, 07:36 PM
Lakers
Nets
Bucks
Nuggets
Jazz

hold this L
09-27-2021, 11:05 PM
Are we including RS or PS? Because Jazz are top 5 if we talk RS, and those jobbers are definitely not in the top 5 if we look into the PS. Especially Rudy's lanky ass getting exposed via small ball.

Kobe_Bryant
09-27-2021, 11:08 PM
#1 Bucks
#2 Nuggets
#3 Suns
#4 Jazz
#5 Nets

size/age/health/chemistry matters

Axe
09-27-2021, 11:13 PM
No excuses for kong and the lakers.

FultzNationRISE
09-27-2021, 11:16 PM
Anyone putting the Lakers in the top half of the league is not being serious.

LeCarryTheLoad is facing the biggest uphill challenge any star has ever faced in history this season.

A mere playoff birth would be legendary.

Axe
09-27-2021, 11:17 PM
Anyone putting the Lakers in the top half of the league is not being serious.

LeCarryTheLoad is facing the biggest uphill challenge any star has ever faced in history this season.

A mere playoff birth would be legendary.

Jasper
09-28-2021, 11:32 AM
nets
bucks
lakers
utah
hawks

Wally450
09-28-2021, 01:41 PM
1. Nets
2. Bucks
3. Lakers
4. Suns
5. Nuggets

for the heck of it...

6. Jazz
7. Clippers
8. Heat
9. Hawks
10. Warriors

Sportal
09-29-2021, 06:18 AM
Erm... For the people ranking the Clippers so high... I think I just expected Kawhi to be around... But I don't even think he is actually going to play next season... It's Kawhi............................

So I guess:

Nets
Lakers
Bucks
Suns/Nuggets
Warriors?

clipps
09-29-2021, 06:05 PM
Lakers suck.:lol

kuniva_dAMiGhTy
09-29-2021, 07:30 PM
Erm... For the people ranking the Clippers so high... I think I just expected Kawhi to be around... But I don't even think he is actually going to play next season... It's Kawhi............................

So I guess:

Nets
Lakers
Bucks
Suns/Nuggets
Warriors?

That's probably my list. And ya, the Dubs are a darkhorse... At full strength, they got another run in them.

NugzFan
09-30-2021, 12:19 AM

So I guess:

Nets
Lakers
Bucks
Suns/Nuggets
Warriors?

Why did you list 6 teams?

Sportal
09-30-2021, 02:00 AM
Why did you list 6 teams?

Because I wasn't sure who was going to have a better season than the Warriors. It might be both, it might be one, it might be neither...

NugzFan
09-30-2021, 04:29 AM
Because I wasn't sure who was going to have a better season than the Warriors. It might be both, it might be one, it might be neither...

But it said rank the best five teams

Sportal
10-01-2021, 12:32 AM
But it said rank the best five teams

Some people didn't even list anything, did you want something? You have my attention.

insidehoops
10-11-2021, 09:32 PM
Bump!

Thenameless
10-12-2021, 01:44 AM
Lakers
Nets
Bucks
Nuggets
Heat

Nike D'Antoni
10-12-2021, 01:48 AM
1 - Nets
2 - Bucks
3 - Clippers
4 - Warriors
5 - Nuggets

Sorry Jazz,Heat and Suns fans. You were in consideration

insidehoops
10-12-2021, 11:56 AM
Mixed feelings about the Suns this year, huh?

LeCola
10-16-2021, 11:52 PM
1- Nets
2- Bucks
3- Suns
4- Lakers
5- Warriors (With health Klay)

wagexslave
10-17-2021, 05:48 AM
Mixed feelings about the Suns this year, huh?

Not sure what there is to be so mixed about. The team not only made the Finals last season(whether you think they got lucky or not, they still took care of business and won the WCF in their first playoffs playing together). But also people seem to forget that they were great all regular season finishing 1 win behind the best overall record in the NBA. Shit, more importantly they DID finish #1, by a decent margin, in Win/Loss record against teams over .500.

So that confirms my suspicion that, when they were motivated to win last season, like when they knew they were playing against a winning team, they were one the hardest teams in the entire league to beat. They just played so much more efficient and unselfish on offense and hustled so hard on defense when they were motivated. And they'll be motivated af this season knowing they had the championship in their grasp, but literally just a handful of possessions not going their way could have been the difference in them choking it away. And that was with the Bucks having big matchup advantages over them when it comes to size. They're going to want to prove the haters wrong who called their playoff run a fluke too. They already looked like it in preseason, looked like they hadn't missed a step at all dominating the Lakers and Blazers, and seem like they were ready to take care of business and start the reg season hot.

And they brought back everyone important so will finally have continuity and won't have to take time building a chemistry playing together with CP3, and they filled massive holes on the bench thanks to signing Javale McGee and Landry Shamet. Ayton and Booker now have true backups that can play defense and fit our offensive style. Also the young core should only be improved as they get closer to their primes... Book/Ayton/Bridges/Johnson have all improved something new about their game each year they've been in the league. This team will having the confidence that comes with finally having good playoff experience under their belts, and also winning multiple series+making the Finals. So unless injuries happen, I just really don't see how they shouldn't be at least top 5 and wont be surprised if they finish with the best record in the NBA.

jalbert009
10-18-2021, 03:30 AM
Nets
Lakers
Bucks
Sun's
Warriors

Jasper
10-18-2021, 09:36 AM

I see how you are controlling your website ... lmao (well done Jeff)

Nets Bucks Suns Warriors Utah (no order)
Lakers if the wheels don't fall off.