View Full Version : Your NBA team's strengths and weaknesses entering the 2021-22 season

insidehoops
09-27-2021, 01:28 PM
What's your favorite NBA team, and what are their strengths and weaknesses entering the 2021-22 NBA season?

FireDavidKahn
09-27-2021, 01:34 PM
Timberwolves.

Strengths: ANT has incredible upside and the potential to be a #1 scorer. I don't think people understand how giant of a leap he made after the all-star break last year. I feel he has some of the biggest "swings" in the league in terms of that he could develop into a top 40 player in the league next year or just a top 100.

Weaknesses: We exist as a franchise.

rawimpact
09-27-2021, 02:02 PM
Lakers

Weaknesses:
Age, Injury prone, perimeter defense, ft%

Strengths:
Offense, Veteran roster, Defense minded Cs

DoctorP
09-27-2021, 02:38 PM
Heat

Strengths
Good shooters, athletic and cornerstone big man, 2 established closers, young up-n-comers

Weaknesses
No players in the top 10, inexperienced backups, question marks on many of their players, age of Lowry and Tucker

Miami is built like the Jazz and Suns in many respects but with an east coast defensive edge.

ShawkFactory
09-27-2021, 03:27 PM
Hawks

Strengths: great depth of guys who can be playmakers and shot makers, confident roster, ascending superstar, athleticism

Weaknesses: size, defense, 3pt dependent at times, health

k0kakw0rld
09-27-2021, 03:45 PM
Raptors

Strengths: Defensive versatility & switchability, positionless basketball, great depth, a lot of playmakers and shot makers as well, athleticism

Weaknesses: No real superstar, We are back with 2 borderline all-stars to lead us in VanVleet & Siaka, 3 point shooting

Sportal
09-27-2021, 10:43 PM
Nets

Strengths: Lethal from everywhere on the court.

Weaknesses: Their personalities.

FultzNationRISE
09-27-2021, 11:18 PM
Lakers.

Strengths: LeHercules

Weaknesses: Everyone else.

Kobe_Bryant
09-27-2021, 11:26 PM
Lakers.

Strengths: LeHercules

Weaknesses: Everyone else.

so another 2019 lottery finish?

Thenameless
09-28-2021, 07:18 PM
Lakers.

Strengths: high end talent, big, depth, interior offense and defense, coaching (I believe in Vogel more than most), pre season chemistry looks better than last season, the biggest one is Lakers cache (it is why we get the talent in the first place)

Weaknesses: age in general , AD is made of glass and falls a lot, Westbrook is not a great fit, 3 point shooting until proven otherwise (for some reason when shooters come to LA they lose their shooting ability), lots of new pieces untested together, and the biggest issue Lebron is aging and one day it'll catch up and hurt us

Full Court
09-28-2021, 09:03 PM
Bulls.

Strength is scoring and offense in general. With Derozan, they'll be a force.

Weaknesses are defense and bench. I can't think of a single good defender they have off the top of my head, and they don't have a lot of depth either.

Airupthere
09-28-2021, 09:08 PM
Celtics

Plays well when outside shooting is good.

Smart jacking up shots. Team relies too much on outside shooting.

Sulico
09-29-2021, 01:01 PM
Mavs

Strengths: Luka Doncic

Weaknesses: Everything else! They traded away best open 3 shooter in the league season ago for average player. Then they fired an ok coach and hired worst coach in the league. Didn't trade disgrunled player.
Now they don't have a solid playmaker outside of Luka, no real defense, mediocre shooting and 1st or 2nd round exit is inevitable.

Wally450
09-29-2021, 02:03 PM
Celtics

Strengths: Isolation scoring, defense

Weaknesses: Consistent big men, trigger happy on 3's, playmaking

imdaman99
09-29-2021, 04:37 PM
Knicks

Strengths: Randle with a chip on his shoulder, Rose off the bench, Thibs regular season ability to maximize team's potential, Defense

Weaknesses : Need a stopper for the guys like Trae that exposed them last year (they lost their 'best' perimeter defender Bullock), scoring lol, Randle was turrible in the playoffs, Kemba's health(?)

They were the 4th seed last season, the teams below them got better or underachieved last year, so I can see a 6-8th seed dropoff. Winning a round will be harder than last year.

noonereal
09-29-2021, 06:03 PM
Nets

Strengths: Rostered players.

Weaknesses: Kyrie Irving :cry:

Loco 50
09-29-2021, 06:34 PM
Spurs

Strengths: Few. Keldon's effort and enthusiasm are great and can be infectious at times. I hope he's okay with being a tank commander for a year or two. It would suck to see him get too frustrated and leave.

Weaknesses: Many, but anemic offense will probably be the main theme. No go to guys, few 3 pt threats, poor spacing....

insidehoops
10-11-2021, 09:33 PM
Bump!

Absolut Prince
10-17-2021, 02:42 AM
Pelicans

Strengths: Youth, having Mike D'Antoni/Jarron Collins/Fred Vinson/Teresa Weatherspoon on staff

Weaknesses: David Griffin's lying to players/fans/media, Aaron Nelson's inability to keep Brandon Ingram, Zion Williamson, Jaxson Hayes, & Josh Hart healthy for a full season, Willie Green's lack of head coaching experience, national media hating on a small market, Zion's appetite, Devonte Graham's size, backup power forward, defense

Jasper
10-17-2021, 08:42 PM
Bucks - strengths .... are obvious , and we have Devino' back
Lost Tucker and it could have a trick down affect.

Look for Norwa to have a great impact as a bench player.