PDA

View Full Version : I knew someone who died of a drug overdose on Sunday

hateraid
09-29-2021, 04:58 PM
Since the beginning of 2020 that's 4 people I know. All within my age or younger. I know way more people who regularly do cocaine than have had Covid. I have also known only 1 person personally to die from Covid although allegedly. So 4x more people in the amount of 2 years

Although it is apples to oranges why is one pathway to death more acceptable than others? We ostercize those who are unvaccinated but people who do coke on the regular is normal.

The displacement is unreal.

#RIP to my friend Mark. Left 2 boys and a wife at 37.

Off the Court
09-29-2021, 05:03 PM
Although it is apples to oranges why is one pathway to death more acceptable than others? We ostercize those who are unvaccinated but people who do coke on the regular is normal.

lol what? :oldlol:

8Ball
09-29-2021, 05:06 PM
Since the beginning of 2020 that's 4 people I know. All within my age or younger. I know way more people who regularly do cocaine than have had Covid. I have also known only 1 person personally to die from Covid although allegedly. So 4x more people in the amount of 2 years

OD from cocaine? Was he a heavy user? That shit can be laced with fentanyl and cause overdoses. Stay away from heavy drugs.

RIP to your friend.

j3lademaster
09-29-2021, 05:06 PM
lol what? :oldlol:Yeah that op was confusing. Also, ostracize.

hateraid
09-29-2021, 05:23 PM
lol what? :oldlol:

Cocaine is the go to recreational drug nowadays. It isn't as taboo as it was in the 90s

fsvr54
09-29-2021, 05:25 PM
In Miami this is true for the party people. But I'd say weed is probably the most popular, but I could be wrong.

Overdrive
09-29-2021, 05:26 PM

Is coke legalized where you live?

warriorfan
09-29-2021, 05:30 PM
I’m sure he’s glad you are using his death to talk about Covid.

1987_Lakers
09-29-2021, 05:49 PM
Cocaine is the go to recreational drug nowadays. It isn't as taboo as it was in the 90s

I messed around with recreational drugs back in the day, but I'm pretty sure drugs like Cocaine are still taboo.

You might not think it's taboo because like you said, you know 4 people who were using and died of overdoses, which in turn you have normalized those drugs.

tpols
09-29-2021, 06:29 PM
R.I.P.

Those rates have been skyrocketing. Government lockdown and media fear mongering leading to mental health issues are far more dangerous than the invisible threat they've conjured up.

hateraid
09-29-2021, 07:50 PM
I’m sure he’s glad you are using his death to talk about Covid.

As much as the vaxxers use Covid deaths to shame non-vaxxed? Not even close.

hateraid
09-29-2021, 07:51 PM
I messed around with recreational drugs back in the day, but I'm pretty sure drugs like Cocaine are still taboo.

You might not think it's taboo because like you said, you know 4 people who were using and died of overdoses, which in turn you have normalized those drugs.

Could be. Point in case it's still more people than I know with Covid. Just making that correlation

Axe
09-29-2021, 07:51 PM
@welfarefan please be careful. We do not want to lose you as a punching bag.

hateraid
09-29-2021, 07:52 PM
R.I.P.

Those rates have been skyrocketing. Government lockdown and media fear mongering leading to mental health issues are far more dangerous than the invisible threat they've conjured up.

Yes especially with passports preventing people from outside socializing.

highwhey
09-29-2021, 07:59 PM
substance abuse has skyrocketed during the pandemic. liquor sales alone shot through the roof.

the various times i've been in detox, the facility has been pretty packed. one of the nurses told me they've never been as busy as they have been during the pandemic.

j3lademaster
09-29-2021, 09:16 PM
substance abuse has skyrocketed during the pandemic. liquor sales alone shot through the roof.

the various times i've been in detox, the facility has been pretty packed. one of the nurses told me they've never been as busy as they have been during the pandemic.You know what they say, the liquor market is recession-proof.

highwhey
09-29-2021, 10:12 PM
You know what they say, the liquor market is recession-proof.

if i wasn't an alcoholic, i'd have a brewery and hire a shitload of hipsters to market it. literal money printer just by fermenting some basic ass ingredients.

j3lademaster
09-29-2021, 10:27 PM
if i wasn't an alcoholic, i'd have a brewery and hire a shitload of hipsters to market it. literal money printer just by fermenting some basic ass ingredients.IDK where you live in AZ, but the beer institute by the old amc 24 on stapley does just that. And we still love that place.

highwhey
09-29-2021, 10:39 PM
IDK where you live in AZ, but the beer institute by the old amc 24 on stapley does just that. And we still love that place.

i live in central phoenix, but i think you're talking about the beer research inst.? :oldlol: been there, i can't hate

j3lademaster
09-29-2021, 10:42 PM
i live in central phoenix, but i think you're talking about the beer research inst.? :oldlol: been there, i can't hateyeah that's the one

72-10
10-04-2021, 08:26 PM
Cocaine is a neurotoxin, and although the ways of the mind are not well known, it probably gets in the synapses of one's brain and really works those synapses. Men can withstand considerably more drug use and harder drug use than women, but even so cocaine is so strong that I'm not sure anyone has really done it "on the regular" i.e. many hits of it, even the most strong men die around 25 hits. THe cocaine epidemic peaked in 1992 in the United States, especially in the three biggest cities, New York City, Los Angeles and Chicago, in that order.

72-10
10-06-2021, 10:13 PM
Cocaine is a neurotoxin, and although the ways of the mind are not well known, it probably gets in the synapses of one's brain and really works those synapses. Men can withstand considerably more drug use and harder drug use than women, but even so cocaine is so strong that I'm not sure anyone has really done it "on the regular" i.e. many hits of it, even the most strong men die around 25 hits. THe cocaine epidemic peaked in 1992 in the United States, especially in the three biggest cities, New York City, Los Angeles and Chicago, in that order.

Speaking of drug use, and more notably the use of hard drugs, being much easier for a man to withstand the destructive effects of than a woman, women cannot be that tolerant of even being near something as hard as cocaine due to the fact that their brain isn't as strong.

Chick Stern
10-07-2021, 01:27 AM
OD from cocaine? Was he a heavy user? That shit can be laced with fentanyl and cause overdoses. Stay away from heavy drugs.

RIP to your friend.
Yeah, fentanyl for sure

Nanners
10-08-2021, 11:21 PM
I recently lost a friend to overdose too, his last words on his deathbed were "I wish I had gotten the vaccine"

Sorry for your loss hateraid

hateraid
10-09-2021, 11:34 AM
I recently lost a friend to overdose too, his last words on his deathbed were "I wish I had gotten the vaccine"

Sorry for your loss hateraid

:roll:

Don't mean to sound insensitive but I had to laugh

Nanners
10-09-2021, 11:36 AM

No worries, these days laughing at the dead is encouraged if they were unvaccinated

hateraid
10-09-2021, 11:39 AM
No worries, these days laughing at the dead is encouraged if they were unvaccinated

He was vaccinated so it was confirmed drug overdose. Had he been unvaxxed I'm sure the same death would have been Covid.

Nanners
10-09-2021, 11:41 AM
He was vaccinated so it was confirmed drug overdose. Had he been unvaxxed I'm sure the same death would have been Covid.

I dont believe the cdc is recording vaccine status in their infection/death stats, so some would argue that every death is a covid death :oldlol:

Axe
10-09-2021, 02:03 PM
It seems meth can prolong lives hmm.

fsvr54
10-09-2021, 03:45 PM

Same :facepalm:lol

Nanners
10-09-2021, 05:02 PM
Same :facepalm:lol

yeah maybe its funny to read about it online, but will you still be laughing when you are walking through your local graveyard tonight and you come across a headstone that says - "I wish I had taken the vaccine"?

Code Breaker
10-09-2021, 08:02 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LpJeIpcre7A&ab_channel=BryanManning

72-10
10-13-2021, 04:40 AM
yeah maybe its funny to read about it online, but will you still be laughing when you are walking through your local graveyard tonight and you come across a headstone that says - "I wish I had taken the vaccine"?

wow. YOur life sounds pitiful.

Nanners
10-13-2021, 04:49 AM
wow. YOur life sounds pitiful.

I cant really make any comments on your life... we have both been here 10+ years, but the only time one of your comments has ever caught my attention or made any impression was earlier in this thread when you correctly pointed out that women have weaker brains... and I suppose based on that comment alone you seem like a pretty cool guy

72-10
10-13-2021, 04:32 PM
I cant really make any comments on your life... we have both been here 10+ years, but the only time one of your comments has ever caught my attention or made any impression was earlier in this thread when you correctly pointed out that women have weaker brains... and I suppose based on that comment alone you seem like a pretty cool guy

well I agree insomuch as I need to brush up on my social skills, but at least I don't sit there Like a sack of shit hoping my favorites do best - act like shit = feel like shit

72-10
10-14-2021, 01:32 PM
Well I don't think it's an activity that many people do