PDA

View Full Version : Why would anyone ever want to play with Luka?

Im so nba'd out
10-02-2021, 09:20 PM
Why go to the mavs just to be a scapegoat.The media is gonna give him all the credit if you win and give you all the blame if you lose. He's never gonna treat you like an actual player unless the coach forces him to run plays for you.He is clueless that Porzingis is an actual nba star caliber player.

You actually have to run plays for him.He's not maxi kliber, he actually has to touch the ball to feel involved and play harder. you actually have to run offense/sets through him.....he is not just there to orbit around luka.

and im not even gonna bring up the racial expects of it with the media if said player was not white...why would any great player ever choose to deal with this? evvvvverrr

Then you add in mark cuban lmao...yeah its no way....he has no chance in dallas to ever win a ring..No one is ever going to come there...ever

HBK_Kliq_2
10-02-2021, 10:00 PM
If you like 40% usage, no defense, 3 point chucking, constant whining to the refs

Then luka is your guy

Spurs m8
10-02-2021, 10:30 PM
The irony of OP creating this thread :roll:

FultzNationRISE
10-02-2021, 10:46 PM
Why go to the mavs just to be a scapegoat.The media is gonna give him all the credit if you win and give you all the blame if you lose. He's never gonna treat you like an actual player unless the coach forces him to run plays for you.He is clueless that Porzingis is an actual nba star caliber player.

You actually have to run plays for him.He's not maxi kliber, he actually has to touch the ball to feel involved and play harder. you actually have to run offense/sets through him.....he is not just there to orbit around luka.

and im not even gonna bring up the racial expects of it with the media if said player was not white...why would any great player ever choose to deal with this? evvvvverrr

Then you add in mark cuban lmao...yeah its no way....he has no chance in dallas to ever win a ring..No one is ever going to come there...ever

I know it's a half joking troll thread, but Dallas did try to run a lot of plays for KP and get him looks closer to the basket when he first got there. He struggled to finish with consistency and they decided it just wasn't an efficient approach at the rate he was converting.

He didn't start out as a spot-up-for-three guy when he got there. Unfortunately he played himself into the role.

Gohan
10-03-2021, 02:39 PM
I know it's a half joking troll thread, but Dallas did try to run a lot of plays for KP and get him looks closer to the basket when he first got there. He struggled to finish with consistency and they decided it just wasn't an efficient approach at the rate he was converting.

He didn't start out as a spot-up-for-three guy when he got there. Unfortunately he played himself into the role.

They werent winning anyway might as well try something to get better

ralph_i_el
10-03-2021, 05:46 PM
If you like 40% usage, no defense, 3 point chucking, constant whining to the refs

Then luka is your guy

This is all true, and even with those faults he can carry just about any random assortment of players to the playoffs. Imagine if he grows the **** up. His court sense is just that good.

10-03-2021, 05:51 PM

Then luka is your guy
Took ur boy to 7 lol

StrongLurk
10-03-2021, 06:25 PM
Luka has the Lebron problem in that he is too good right away and didn't have luck if being drafted to elite teams like Magic, Duncan, Kobe, etc.

Mavs > Cavs by far as an org so he has more talent already than Bron ever did his first seven years, but Luka won't get a great team through drafting like KD did with the Thunder.

90sgoat
10-04-2021, 12:14 AM
Role player stars would thrive with Luka.

Gobert would feast catching lobs. Klay Thompson as well.

Both would likely have career years playing with Luka.

imdaman99
10-04-2021, 01:07 AM

Yep, role players that don't/can't create their own shots will do fine with him. It's those other guys that need touches. KP was coming off injuries when he got back. He was gonna struggle to start but if they kept with it, he was gonna become solid. I saw him in on the Knicks for a little while and he had it in him, yeah him and his brother are sensitive divas but kp had the skillset to become really good. Saw him block a Giannis dunk multiple times and hit 28 footers literally the next play on offense.

90sgoat
10-04-2021, 08:46 PM
Yep, role players that don't/can't create their own shots will do fine with him. It's those other guys that need touches. KP was coming off injuries when he got back. He was gonna struggle to start but if they kept with it, he was gonna become solid. I saw him in on the Knicks for a little while and he had it in him, yeah him and his brother are sensitive divas but kp had the skillset to become really good. Saw him block a Giannis dunk multiple times and hit 28 footers literally the next play on offense.

KP is an all star and easily should have gotten more touches.

Luka never liked him, from first game he didn't want to pass to him.

Mask the Embiid
10-04-2021, 10:16 PM

Klay is 1st team all-role player (starting SG). He would thrive in any system just like the other members (exp scottie pippen)

But yes Rudy would be nice with Luka but someone like a John Collins (at center) would thrive more or a Kat.

FKAri
10-04-2021, 11:09 PM
KP is an all star and easily should have gotten more touches.

Luka never liked him, from first game he didn't want to pass to him.

KP's an all star when he's healthy and been healthy long enough to get into a rhythm but not so long that he's worn down. Good luck with that.

n00bie
10-05-2021, 09:00 AM
Why did people want to play with LeBron or Curry?

Phoenix
10-05-2021, 09:06 AM

Then luka is your guy

Or who can take peak Kawhi to 7 while fielding a much worse team. Yep, Luka's that dude.

Shogon
10-05-2021, 09:11 AM
I'm not reading this thread. Trolling or not, OP is posting something retarded.

All I'll say is this... he is a EuroLeague MVP and EuroLeague champion and Euroleague Final Four MVP.

The idea that he can't win an NBA championship being the star is... wrong. He is/will be good enough to lead a team to an NBA title.

Teams win championships, not individuals. Of course, this is lost on all of you because you were brainwashed by the Bulls in the 90s, but it is what it is. Your collective stupidity will never stop flowing... it's like trying to sweep the waves back into the ocean with a broom. But as I said... he is good enough to lead a team to it... so yes, if you are a supporting member and you aren't pulling your weight, you will be blamed. Fair or unfair, that's what it is.

RRR3
10-05-2021, 09:12 AM
I'm not reading this thread. Trolling or not, OP is posting something retarded.

All I'll say is this... he is a EuroLeague MVP and EuroLeague champion and Euroleague Final Four MVP.

The idea that he can't win an NBA championship being the star is... wrong.

Teams win championships, not individuals. Of course, this is lost on all of you because you were brainwashed by the Bulls in the 90s, but it is what it is. Your collective stupidity will never stop flowing... it's like trying to sweep the waves back into the ocean with a broom.
Crazy how you can be so smart about basketball and so stupid about everything else.

Shogon
10-05-2021, 09:15 AM
Crazy how you can be so smart about basketball and so stupid about everything else.

Once you get a little bit older, a little bit more mature, hopefully you will come to accept the facts that 1) life isn't fair and 2) no amount of human meddling will ever make it so and 3) there is literally no such thing as a free lunch and 4) we don't actually have a free market. If we had a free market, corporations that misbehave enough would go out of business. You think corporations are ruining the world. And there is SOME truth to that... but I can assure you, they aren't doing it without the aid of the government.

Reduce the influence of the federal government, people's lives get better.

Fix the money, fix the world.

Bitcoin.

RRR3
10-05-2021, 09:18 AM
You mistake me supporting the least evil forms of government in existence (the Nordic model) when it’s proposed over neoliberalism or fascism for me thinking that system isn’t dogshit lol.

Jasper
10-05-2021, 09:43 AM
Dallas is 2 role players and an all-star away from a chip.
99% of NBA players would play with Luka

Jasper
10-05-2021, 09:44 AM
Once you get a little bit older, a little bit more mature, hopefully you will come to accept the facts that 1) life isn't fair and 2) no amount of human meddling will ever make it so and 3) there is literally no such thing as a free lunch and 4) we don't actually have a free market. If we had a free market, corporations that misbehave enough would go out of business. You think corporations are ruining the world. And there is SOME truth to that... but I can assure you, they aren't doing it without the aid of the government.

Bitcoin.

nice bball comment:banghead:

ClipperRevival
10-05-2021, 11:19 PM
The irony of OP creating this thread :roll:

https://c.tenor.com/mx9fNn1S4PwAAAAS/spit-take.gif

ClipperRevival
10-05-2021, 11:23 PM

Bitcoin.

Stumbled on this non bball related comment.

Like the saying goes, "if you're not a liberal at 20, you have no heart. If you're not a conservative by 40, you have no brain."

Government is the problem. The notion that they will take care of people is a joke. These youngsters don't get it.

insidehoops
10-12-2021, 11:32 AM
Players value the opportunity to win more than they value possible narratives from people outside the team as to why they lost if they don't win as much as expected

Mask the Embiid
03-14-2022, 12:41 PM
I was watching the game yesterday down the stretch as luka chewed out Brunson because he couldnt read his mind and be where luka wanted him to be when he turned the ball over in the clutch....Brunson is gonna leave....This guy Luka just doesnt get it....at all.

He is going to chase off every good teammate he ever has. Mark my words.

Yelling at brunson like he's a 12th man or something....dude is fking clueless...Curry would never...Ja would never....

FultzNationRISE
03-14-2022, 01:04 PM
I was watching the game yesterday down the stretch as luka chewed out Brunson because he couldnt read his mind and be where luka wanted him to be when he turned the ball over in the clutch....Brunson is gonna leave....This guy Luka just doesnt get it....at all.

He is going to chase off every good teammate he ever has. Mark my words.

Yelling at brunson like he's a 12th man or something....dude is fking clueless...Curry would never...Ja would never....

Yeah it was pretty silly. He did the classic "throw a bad pass then blame your teammate for the turnover."

It happens a lot in basketball tho, out of momentary frustration and embarrassment. Luka's an emotional guy and he definitely does shit like that, probably a bit too much. But I'm sure he owned it in the locker room after and they put it behind them. He's impulsive but I dont think he lacks awareness.

tontoz
03-14-2022, 01:11 PM
Mask the Embiid must have never watched guys like Magic/Bird/MJ/Isiah rip their teammates a new one. Rodman tells the story of Isiah literally punching him in the chest in the middle of a game.

j3lademaster
03-14-2022, 01:20 PM

Both would likely have career years playing with Luka.You think Luka would open the offense up more than Steph Curry? I like Luka, but no one in NBA history gives you more spacing than #30.

Mask the Embiid
03-14-2022, 01:22 PM
Mask the Embiid must have never watched guys like Magic/Bird/MJ/Isiah rip their teammates a new one. Rodman tells the story of Isiah literally punching him in the chest in the middle of a game.

Rodman has the mentality of a 12th man you can do that with him… he literally made himself from nothing. He’s a blue collar, pit bull type of player who takes nothing said to him personal. Brunson is not Dennis Rodman! Jalen Brunson is a former gatorade player of the year, Jalen Brunson is 2 time ncaa champion + highschool champion, Jalen Brunson is a former #1 pg in the country highschool player,Jalen Brunson is a former McDonald’s all American, Jalen Brunson is a former Mr Basketball for the state of Illinois, Jalen Brunson is a Gold medalist at fiba… you don’t talk to good players like that…LeBron doesn’t talk down or yell at Westbrook like that no matter how frustrated he gets. Chris Paul doesn’t give Booker a verbal beating because he’s frustrated. Lamelo doesn’t do it…Trae young doesn’t do it… Gianni’s doesn’t do it…. No leaders in the nba talk to their #2 like that. He’s leaving the 1st chance he gets

tontoz
03-14-2022, 01:50 PM
Rodman has the mentality of a 12th man you can do that with him… he literally made himself from nothing. He’s a blue collar, pit bull type of player who takes nothing said to him personal. Brunson is not Dennis Rodman! Jalen Brunson is a former gatorade player of the year, Jalen Brunson is 2 time ncaa champion + highschool champion, Jalen Brunson is a former #1 pg in the country highschool player,Jalen Brunson is a former McDonald’s all American, Jalen Brunson is a former Mr Basketball for the state of Illinois, Jalen Brunson is a Gold medalist at fiba… you don’t talk to good players like that…LeBron doesn’t talk down or yell at Westbrook like that no matter how frustrated he gets. Chris Paul doesn’t give Booker a verbal beating because he’s frustrated. Lamelo doesn’t do it…Trae young doesn’t do it… Gianni’s doesn’t do it…. No leaders in the nba talk to their #2 like that. He’s leaving the 1st chance he gets

The exalted Jalen Brunson was a 2nd round pick and has excelled playing with Luka. Rodman was a 2 time DPOY with the Pistons and is a Hall of Famer.

You need to reach down and pull your panties out of your crack.

LOL @ mentioning Chris Paul. A lot of his teammates didnt like him specifically because of him getting on their case and holding them accountable. That was a problem with the Clippers and with Harden.