PDA

View Full Version : What if the NBA make a pick up tournament?

iamgine
10-03-2021, 10:35 AM
The NBA could spare a month to make a pick up tournament where 16 captains are selected from 16 different teams. They would then select 8 players in a snake draft to be added to their teams. The captains cannot select players from their own team nor can they select player from the same team twice. After teams are formed, it's 3 game series tournament. The NBA and players association can work out the TV deals and revenue sharing model so the players are not playing for giggles like the all-star but for actual significant amount of $.

I would pay to see this.

Baller789
10-03-2021, 10:51 AM
As if the 82 game season wasn't enough.

97 bulls
10-03-2021, 10:53 AM
The NBA could spare a month to make a pick up tournament where 16 captains are selected from 16 different teams. They would then select 8 players in a snake draft to be added to their teams. The captains cannot select players from their own team nor can they select player from the same team twice. After teams are formed, it's 3 game series tournament. The NBA and players association can work out the TV deals and revenue sharing model so the players are not playing for giggles like the all-star but for actual significant amount of $.

I would pay to see this.

That's would be epic. I'd pay even more money to see some 1 on 1 tournaments. But that will never happen.

Full Court
10-03-2021, 10:14 PM
Lebron would be able to legally collude.

Kobe_Bryant
10-03-2021, 10:24 PM
Lebron would be able to legally collude.

he would be useless as a driver though since he can't get a full head of steam with just a half court to play in. he would be turned into a full time play maker