PDA

View Full Version : How would Jordan shoot from mid with only 2 attempts/game without focusing on it?

10-03-2021, 03:11 PM
Cuz in 2021 Curry shot 48% like that. And in 2018 it was 60%

10-05-2021, 01:48 AM
Bump

8Ball
10-05-2021, 07:47 AM
Lol 3ball threads are so retarded. :lol

warriorfan
10-05-2021, 08:15 AM
interesting

Axe
10-05-2021, 10:11 AM
They said he made free throws with his eyes closed.

10-05-2021, 11:30 AM
They said he made free throws with his eyes closed.
Jordan's best FT percentage in regseason - 86%

Curry's worst FT percentage in (full) regseason - 89%

GrayGoat
10-05-2021, 11:44 AM
I have Curry ahead of MJ

3ba11
10-06-2021, 02:20 AM
Mid-range shots are mostly contested shots and don't need to be open like threes to have a good percentage - Jordan would shoot the same percentage on 2 attempts as he would on 15 attempts.

Otoh, if MJ limited himself to 1 bailout three per game, he would shot crappy because he'd only be attempting 1 highly-contested three per game - even Curry would shoot poorly in this scenario

hold this L
10-06-2021, 02:41 AM
As a heavily unbiased poster with no horse in this race, Curry is already significantly ahead of the gambler. The question is how much further he's going to surpass. I'm sure 2ball agrees now that he sees the evidence.

RRR3
10-06-2021, 02:46 AM
As a heavily unbiased poster with no horse in this race, Curry is already significantly ahead of the gambler. The question is how much further he's going to surpass. I'm sure 2ball agrees now that he sees the evidence.
Facts. MJ played in a weak era. Curry has to go up against studs every night, MJ played against carpenters and plumbers. MJ today would be DeRozan at best.

3ba11
10-06-2021, 03:00 AM
Facts. MJ played in a weak era. Curry has to go up against studs every night, MJ played against carpenters and plumbers. MJ today would be DeRozan at best.

Curry is the league's best guard and he can't dunk, or barely - yet you guys claim he's actually a solid finisher at the rim and in traffic lol (spacing-induced, lightly-contested layups)

And he isn't the only one - today's league is becoming much less athletic due to Euros and 3-point shooters like Curry, Beal, Vucevic, Tobias Harris or skilled carry-artists like Luka, Van Fleet, Harden, or Pierce - but the lesser athleticism is seen mostly in the middle class of players, who are almost entirely a bunch of relatively unathletic, 3-point shooters and 3-and-D bums (non-pure scorers... just stand-still or step-back jumpshooting and gather-step layups - that's the main skillset that today's spaced-out game yields).

3ba11
10-06-2021, 03:05 AM
Thread Cliffs

3ball asked a simple question about what Curry's 3-point percentage would be if he limited himself to 1-2 bailouts per game.

And people couldn't handle this question because it made them realize that Curry wouldn't shoot any better than MJ did under those circumstances.

So we've explained Jordan's sub-par 3-point percentage (a goat jumpshooter devoid of viable volume)

RRR3
10-06-2021, 03:13 AM
Snivelball

3ba11
10-06-2021, 03:23 AM
Snivelball

Did you ever see any russian disinformation on facebook?

I don't ever remember seeing any

The narrative that people were bombarded by russian disinformation on facebook was a manufactured fabrication and the same people that pushed that lie are pushing lebron's goat case, while also helping manufacture his resume

but carry on lol

Axe
10-06-2021, 03:24 AM
Jordan's best FT percentage in regseason - 86%

Curry's worst FT percentage in (full) regseason - 89%
Great. They should start handing him a finals mvp then.

Oh wait.

NBAGOAT
10-06-2021, 03:28 AM
Thread Cliffs

3ball asked a simple question about what Curry's 3-point percentage would be if he limited himself to 1-2 bailouts per game.

And people couldn't handle this question because it made them realize that Curry wouldn't shoot any better than MJ did under those circumstances.

So we've explained Jordan's sub-par 3-point percentage (a goat jumpshooter devoid of viable volume)

curry would shoot 50% from 3 if he was limited to 1-2 bailouts. It's a stupid hypothetical so I can predict whatever I want but I still have more evidence than you did hypothesizing jordan would shoot a high percentage from 3 if he had the volume. curry made 46% of his 3's last year from beyond 30+ feet last season(little more than 1 a game). To add on he made 52% of shots from 28-47ft in 2016. That's the closest thing he has to a bailout shot and he makes 50% of those. All you have is one season of jordan shooting well from 3 without the shortened line.

3ba11
10-06-2021, 05:29 AM
curry would shoot 50% from 3 if he was limited to 1-2 bailouts. It's a stupid hypothetical so I can predict whatever I want but I still have more evidence than you did hypothesizing jordan would shoot a high percentage from 3 if he had the volume. curry made 46% of his 3's last year from beyond 30+ feet last season(little more than 1 a game). To add on he made 52% of shots from 28-47ft in 2016. That's the closest thing he has to a bailout shot and he makes 50% of those. All you have is one season of jordan shooting well from 3 without the shortened line.

Nope - the data is against you - according to NBA.com, 70% (https://www.nba.com/stats/player/201939/shots-dash/?Season=2019-20&SeasonType=Regular%20Season) of Curry's threes are either "open" (4-6 feet from closest defender) or "wide open" (6+ feet from closest defender), so the vast majority of his threes are open - this is the case with the entire NBA, where 80% of threes are open or wide open.

So "bailout" threes have decidedly less efficiency and are shot less often... MJ limited himself to bailout threes because he foolishly thought threes were bad for offense (like most people back then), and this foolishness resulted in him only taking bailout threes (low efficiency threes).

NBAGOAT
10-06-2021, 05:53 AM
Nope - the data is against you - according to NBA.com, 70% (https://www.nba.com/stats/player/201939/shots-dash/?Season=2019-20&SeasonType=Regular%20Season) of Curry's threes are either "open" (4-6 feet from closest defender) or "wide open" (6+ feet from closest defender), so the vast majority of his threes are open - this is the case with the entire NBA, where 80% of threes are open or wide open.

So "bailout" threes have decidedly less efficiency and are shot less often... MJ limited himself to bailout threes because he foolishly thought threes were bad for offense (like most people back then), and this foolishness resulted in him only taking bailout threes (low efficiency threes).

Your stat doesn’t matter, Curry shoots around 50% from 28ft+ in multiple seasons including last year. A shot from that distance is the definition of a bailout shot and the rest of the nba shoots like 20% on those shots so putrid efficiency. That’s also much lower than contested 3% FYI

3ba11
10-06-2021, 06:18 AM
Your stat doesn’t matter, Curry shoots around 50% from 28ft+ in multiple seasons including last year. A shot from that distance is the definition of a bailout shot and the rest of the nba shoots like 20% on those shots so putrid efficiency. That’s also much lower than contested 3% FYI

Nope - he chooses to shoot those long-range bombs and they're invariably open - not contested - he shot 0% on tightly contested threes in 2020 regular season, as the link I posted shows