PDA

View Full Version : Welp R.I.P to kemba's knees

Mask the Embiid
10-05-2021, 01:50 AM
Kemba will have input on load management plan
Knicks coach Tom Thibodeau said Kemba Walker will have input on his load management plan this season.

Walker did not play in any back-to-back last season in Boston, even before his knee issue flared up late in the year, forcing him to miss extended time. Thibodeau spoke with reporters Friday, and while he did not reveal details as to how the Knicks plan to handle potential resting their starting point guard, Thibs said Kemba's concerns and opinions would be taken into account. "I think you have to look at it from (Walker's) perspective, too. Like, what does he think?" Thibodeau said. "This guy has managed his career a long time. So, what's the best for him? And then you've got to look at, what's the end game? Was it better for him in the end (to sit out half of all back-to-backs last year), or was it not? So, I think you have to take the information in." Thibs added, "You have to talk to him. You have to see how it feels. You have to talk to the medical people and go from there. "I don't want him to limit himself in terms of what he can do.":facepalm:oldlol:

Looks like thibs is eyeing to run another player into the ground.....Thibs gives me plantation owner vibes

MrFonzworth
10-05-2021, 02:13 AM
OP is white

Axe
10-05-2021, 02:21 AM
Kudos to derrick rose lmao

Real Men Wear Green
10-05-2021, 05:16 AM
With Rose on the team playing Walker heavy minutes wouldn't make sense.

10-05-2021, 05:16 AM
kemba is short

ralph_i_el
10-05-2021, 07:57 AM
With Rose on the team playing Walker heavy minutes wouldn't make sense.

^ This. They fill the same role. You should be able to keep both guys pretty fresh.

Axe
10-05-2021, 10:14 AM
^ This. They fill the same role. You should be able to keep both guys pretty fresh.
But kemba is younger. It's weird he isn't healthier than the veteran rose these days.

Real Men Wear Green
10-05-2021, 10:19 AM
But kemba is younger. It's weird he isn't healthier than the veteran rose these days.
Knee injuries don't care how old you are. Two seasons ago he got hurt and he's never gotten right. Hopefully he gets better.

Axe
10-05-2021, 10:23 AM
Knee injuries don't care how old you are. Two seasons ago he got hurt and he's never gotten right. Hopefully he gets better.
Just like isaiah thomas, who was never the same again after his hip injury ruined him four years ago. Sad to see they become shadows of their former selves.

ralph_i_el
10-05-2021, 11:00 AM

Yeah, but how many seasons did Rose spend rehabbing instead of playing? Saved him some mileage.

Charlie Sheen
10-05-2021, 11:06 AM
These players make a lot of money, but Kemba is only 31. I don't know If I'd trade being in pain and hobbling around the rest of my life for 10 years of everything I wanted.