PDA

View Full Version : The NBA still isn't getting these "jump into the defenders" calls correct.

Shogon
10-05-2021, 04:25 PM
This is an offensive foul. How the **** is it not?

https://streamable.com/araf4q

So if they keep swallowing the whistle, that's at least a step... but truth be told we've seen this before. And even more truth is this is an offensive foul. This is not a no call.

tontoz
10-05-2021, 04:41 PM
If the refs swallow the wistle then the offensive players will stop jumping into guys. The shots they put up in those situations have such a low chance of going in that guys will stop shooting them.

Phoenix
10-05-2021, 04:46 PM
Thing is the defender's momentum would have carried into Steph naturally without him leaning into him. Yeah that probably should be offensive, if anything, when just doing a simple pump fake would have drawn a defensive foul without the theatrics.

Shogon
10-05-2021, 05:04 PM
Thing is the defender's momentum would have carried into Steph naturally without him leaning into him.

No, it absolutely 100% would not. The ****?

ShawkFactory
10-05-2021, 05:13 PM

Yea Steph was already leaning back. If he lets that loose naturally the defenders isn't close the hitting him.

Jasper
10-05-2021, 05:20 PM
If the refs swallow the wistle then the offensive players will stop jumping into guys. The shots they put up in those situations have such a low chance of going in that guys will stop shooting them.

well done ... could not agree more !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Phoenix
10-05-2021, 05:27 PM

It looked like he was jumping towards Steph and would have hit him? I guess I need prescriptions. :confusedshrug:

ArbitraryWater
10-05-2021, 06:11 PM
It looked like he was jumping towards Steph and would have hit him? I guess I need prescriptions. :confusedshrug:

Ya Curry was too far away, he wouldnt have hit him without Curry leaning in.

Anyway, good step for the NBA.

I didnt think this rule would work but if they strictly call it on stuff like this where guys lean into it, then good job.

Although technically those werent fouls to begin with, right?

Phoenix
10-05-2021, 06:42 PM
Ya Curry was too far away, he wouldnt have hit him without Curry leaning in.

Anyway, good step for the NBA.

I didnt think this rule would work but if they strictly call it on stuff like this where guys lean into it, then good job.

Although technically those werent fouls to begin with, right?

If anything they would call it a defensive foul, hence the new rule. Will be interesting to see how guys like Harden and Luka adapt to the rule.

72-10
10-05-2021, 07:12 PM
You're right; as long as they have the ball, the offensive player cannot initiate contact with the defender in their path without creating an offensive foul.