PDA

View Full Version : Sanity Check

3ba11
10-06-2021, 05:41 AM
Do people still remember history?

The streak occurred after "the decision" to form a super-team in a conference that 1-star teams were winning (dwight, iverson, kidd) - it's the only conference in history that was won by a bunch of 1-star teams and that's the conference he formed super-teams in (definition of manufactured resume)

coastalmarker99
10-06-2021, 05:55 AM
The main reason LeBron's finals streak is so highly touted is because of the insane durability you need to actually accomplish it.

That much mileage and not getting injured once while carrying his teams on his back will probably never be repeated in our lifetime.

KD went to 3 straight finals and his body broke down during the 2019 Season same as for Klay.

And then Curry broke down the next year in 2020.

That's a pretty great example of the toll of continued NBA Finals appearances can have on an NBA player's body

3ba11
10-06-2021, 06:23 AM
The main reason LeBron's finals streak is so highly touted is because of the insane durability you need to actually accomplish it.

That much mileage and not getting injured once while carrying his teams on his back will probably never be repeated in our lifetime.

KD went to 3 straight finals and his body broke down during the 2019 Season same as for Klay.

And then Curry broke down the next year in 2020.

That's a pretty great example of the toll of continued NBA Finals appearances can have on an NBA player's body

Making Finals with super-teams is a light load and doesn't take energy - super-teams consist of 3 elite first options and none of them have a big load because there's 3 guys.. That's why making the Finals with super-teams isn't respected and deserves zero props - he won the 2014 ECF with just 22 ppg while his sidekick nearly matched him, aka LIGHT LOAD

Lebron's super-teams were so unfair and unprecedented from 2011-2016, that KD had to join Curry/Klay to supercede them - and that's what started this super-team, WWE, non-competitive league of softies we have now.

So your excuses mean nothing - he joined super-teams in a 1-star team conference to have a Finals streak.. And I noticed that you didn't vote.. non-votes are counted as "after" votes (the actual historical record)

Phoenix
10-06-2021, 07:09 AM
https://whatwentrightwith.files.wordpress.com/2014/11/wwrw-screwball-y2k.jpg?w=525&h=525

https://whatwentrightwith.files.wordpress.com/2014/11/wwrw-screwball-y2k.jpg?w=525&h=525

8Ball
10-06-2021, 07:34 AM
The irony of the thread title.

Kblaze8855
10-06-2021, 07:59 AM
The irony of the thread title.

Reading it and not responding was quite a test.

At some point it really is picking on someone with legit issues.

Phoenix
10-06-2021, 08:52 AM
Petition for everything 3ball posts to automatically come out as gibberish. Give us SOME entertainment for enduring this lunatic.

Wally450
10-06-2021, 09:34 AM
Making Finals with super-teams is a light load and doesn't take energy

What an absolute crock of shit. OP has a hate boner for LeBron. He only talks about him and never what Durant did.

Jasper
10-06-2021, 09:51 AM
/

:oldlol:

3ba11
10-06-2021, 03:55 PM
What an absolute crock of shit. OP has a hate boner for LeBron. He only talks about him and never what Durant did.

Instead of averaging 15.7 in 2 Finals and 19.0 on 42% in 6 Finals, imagine if Pippen went to the Finals and completely destroyed MVP Barkley and Malone like Kyrie did Curry.

That's the only way that Jordan's ring quality could be reduced to Lebron's 2016 ring - that's how much of a fraud Lebron's goat case is (there's no actual case, only fraud)

Btw, just like I thought - you guys are crazies - the thread voting shows that you guys are willing to deny the historical record and fraudulently annoint a fake goat

SaintzFury13
10-06-2021, 04:46 PM
Btw, just like I thought - you guys are crazies - the thread voting shows that you guys are willing to deny the historical record and fraudulently annoint a fake goat

We're doing it because you're an idiot.

RRR3
10-06-2021, 04:48 PM
Instead of averaging 15.7 in 2 Finals and 19.0 on 42% in 6 Finals, imagine if Pippen went to the Finals and completely destroyed MVP Barkley and Malone like Kyrie did Curry.

That's the only way that Jordan's ring quality could be reduced to Lebron's 2016 ring - that's how much of a fraud Lebron's goat case is (there's no actual case, only fraud)

You calling anyone crazy is rich.

3ba11
10-06-2021, 04:52 PM
You calling anyone crazy is rich.

My arguments destroy the dummies you listen to like Nick Wright or Shannon Sharpe - I just don't have their platform

Lebron is simply a fraud that they helped create and you're happy with it because it's better than "not watching basketball" (hint: it isn't basketball dumbass.. you have no idea.. you're watching threes and layups, aka a drill, not a sport with individually-unique skill required)

ShawkFactory
10-06-2021, 05:10 PM
My arguments destroy the dummies you listen to like Nick Wright or Shannon Sharpe - I just don't have their platform

Lebron is simply a fraud that they helped create and you're happy with it because it's better than "not watching basketball" (hint: it isn't basketball dumbass.. you have no idea.. you're watching threes and layups, aka a drill, not a sport with individually-unique skill required)

Do you actually think that anyone listens to those guys??

Damn this is starting to make a lot more sense. YOU listen to them. There’s no way you’d be so shook if you didn’t.

NBAGOAT
10-06-2021, 05:12 PM

The most unique center in nba history who’s also the goat passer at that position just won MVP so yes basketball still requires unique skills to dominate not just 3s and layups. OP and the rest of us may not watch “real basketball” but that’s better than you not watching any basketball period and acting like you know what you’re talking about

3ba11
10-06-2021, 05:30 PM
The most unique center in nba history who’s also the goat passer at that position just won MVP so yes basketball still requires unique skills to dominate not just 3s and layups. OP and the rest of us may not watch “real basketball” but that’s better than you not watching any basketball period and acting like you know what you’re talking about

Yes, real skills have always won... that's why Giannis climbed that organic learning curve and won without super-teams

Only guys with generic Westbrooking skills need super-teams..

(AAU format where everyone is spot-up shooter except ball-handler, aka beginner strategy loses regardless of who is employing it.. aka westbrooking/ball-domination loses regardless who the ball-dominator is)

I'm amazed that people scratch their heads and wonder why a guy that plays a version of Harden-ball is 4/10

NBAGOAT
10-06-2021, 05:56 PM
Yes, real skills have always won... that's why Giannis climbed that organic learning curve and won without super-teams

Only guys with generic Westbrooking skills need super-teams..

(AAU format where everyone is spot-up shooter except ball-handler, aka beginner strategy loses regardless of who is employing it.. aka westbrooking/ball-domination loses regardless who the ball-dominator is)

I'm amazed that people scratch their heads and wonder why a guy that plays a version of Harden-ball is 4/10

You literally don’t know anything about who won mvp last year :lol. No I’m not talking about giannis who played a pretty ball dominant “Westbrook” style up til this year when mil got a 2nd great ball handler so he could be the roll man in pnrs a lot

3ba11
10-06-2021, 06:02 PM
You literally don’t know anything about who won mvp last year :lol. No I’m not talking about giannis who played a pretty ball dominant “Westbrook” style up til this year when mil got a 2nd great ball handler so he could be the roll man in pnrs a lot

Giannis' has always gotten in the lane quickly with little dribbling, so his time of possession (hold-time) was only 4 minutes, while Lebron's has always been 7-8 minutes (https://www.nba.com/stats/players/touches/?Season=2019-20&SeasonType=Regular%20Season&sort=TIME_OF_POSS&dir=1).

This is a problem for Lebron's teams... By having a forward with a point guard hold-time, the team has a 2 point guard lineup (2 guys on floor with a point guard hold-time).. Lebron's 2 point guard lineups give teammates less hold-time and assists then they get in traditional, 1-PG lineups - less teammate assists result in low TEAM assists and a brand of ball that mostly loses on the championship level.. Indeed, the common thread in Lebron's Finals losses is massive deficits in team assists

NBAGOAT
10-06-2021, 06:16 PM
Giannis' has always gotten in the lane quickly with little dribbling, so his time of possession (hold-time) was only 4 minutes, while Lebron's has always been 7-8 minutes (https://www.nba.com/stats/players/touches/?Season=2019-20&SeasonType=Regular%20Season&sort=TIME_OF_POSS&dir=1).

This is a problem for Lebron's teams... By having a forward with a point guard hold-time, the team has a 2 point guard lineup (2 guys on floor with a point guard hold-time).. Lebron's 2 point guard lineups give teammates less hold-time and assists then they get in traditional, 1-PG lineups - less teammate assists result in low TEAM assists and a brand of ball that mostly loses on the championship level.. Indeed, the common thread in Lebron's Finals losses is massive deficits in team assists

I should blame myself for taking the bait when you changed the topic. When I was talking about unique players I was challenging your point about basketball being just ball dominant guys getting 3s or layups. It seems you’re actually clueless enough to think I was talking about Giannis, no i meant nikola jokic. Maybe you straight up don’t know he exists lol. lebrons flaws has nothing to do with this conversation

TheCorporation
10-06-2021, 09:12 PM
Imagine retiring after 3 Finals in a row :roll:

NEXT :lol