PDA

View Full Version : Will we ever see anyone dominate at 35 like mj did?

Bronbron23
10-08-2021, 08:55 AM
35 is pretty old in nba years. Mj won a chip, mvp, fmvp, all nba first, defensive first and a scoring title. As far as i know bron came the closest with a chip, fmvp, all nba first and he lead the league in assists. I guess it's no fluke that the 2 apparent goats were also the best ever at 35. Bron will end up being the best ever every year after 35 that's for sure. I'd imagine in 2 years bron would still be good enough to be better than wizards mj.

As far as the current group it's hard to say. I could see kd maybe still dominating at 35. Greek might dominate late in his career as long as his post game and mid keep improving. Luka will probably be 300 lbs by the time he's 35 so count him out. AD and kawhi will be retired because of injuries and their body breaking down. Can't really think of anyone else.

ELITEpower23
10-08-2021, 03:46 PM
Bron won an Assist Title and FMVP at age 36 with a 30.0 Playoff PER run. Mikey never came close to that.

It's levels to this shit baby boi :oldlol:

HBK_Kliq_2
10-08-2021, 03:49 PM
He was 34 years old going on 35, so he wasn't that old. About the same age as Durant in the 2022-2023 season.

Phoenix
10-08-2021, 04:01 PM
He was 34 years old going on 35, so he wasn't that old. About the same age as Durant in the 2022-2023 season.

34/35 in 1998 is a lot different than 34/35 in 2020 with more modern training and science. Guys like KD, Harden and Curry are all over 32 and as good as they ever were.

HBK_Kliq_2
10-08-2021, 04:28 PM
34/35 in 1998 is a lot different than 34/35 in 2020 with more modern training and science. Guys like KD, Harden and Curry are all over 32 and as good as they ever were.

Kareem at 35 years old was averaging 27PPG and 4 blocks per game in the playoffs. That's just not that old for an alltime great.

Phoenix
10-08-2021, 04:43 PM
Kareem at 35 years old was averaging 27PPG and 4 blocks per game in the playoffs. That's just not that old for an alltime great.

Yes, because citing a top 3 all-time player doing something great at an older age is a perfectly reasonable retort, dumbass.

Bronbron23
10-08-2021, 11:21 PM
Bron won an Assist Title and FMVP at age 36 with a 30.0 Playoff PER run. Mikey never came close to that.

Yeah thats cool and i don't disagree but u act like i never said bron was the best at 36. Hard to compare with mj because he didn't play at 36 but All i know is at 35 mj was better.

Nothing to get butt hurt about little buddy. Both were great

HBK_Kliq_2
10-08-2021, 11:32 PM
Yes, because citing a top 3 all-time player doing something great at an older age is a perfectly reasonable retort, dumbass.

This thread is about a top 3 player all time, so why not?

God you're stupid. Are you on serious drugs like crack or heroin? I'm not kidding either, your posts make my brain bleed.

Kobe_Bryant
10-09-2021, 12:37 AM

mickey mouse bubble b*tch Disney f*ggot trash ass 5 month break bullsh*t with no fans no travel no Durant no pressure f*ck outa here

2much_knowledge
10-09-2021, 12:48 AM

Bubble ring... next

SATAN
10-09-2021, 04:28 AM
https://mk0biggamelogica70xq.kinstacdn.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/06/hunting-binoculars-1.jpg

SaintzFury13
10-09-2021, 10:40 AM
mickey mouse bubble b*tch Disney f*ggot trash ass 5 month break bullsh*t with no fans no travel no Durant no pressure f*ck outa here

Literally every single team played under the same advantages. No travel, no homecourt advantage, it was all fair game. Trying to point this out and acting like LeBron's ring doesn't mean anything is retarded beyond comprehension.

RRR3
10-09-2021, 10:55 AM
wahhhhhhhhhhh!!!!! Why is LeBron so much better than my hero wahhhhhhhhh!!!!
Meltdown :roll:

ELITEpower23
10-09-2021, 10:55 AM
Literally every single team played under the same advantages. No travel, no homecourt advantage, it was all fair game. Trying to point this out and acting like LeBron's ring doesn't mean anything is retarded beyond comprehension.

LeBron fought all season for a 1 seed only to lose that home court advantage and Avery Bradley to the bubble. Frankenstein team pieced together with washed Players.

KUZMA as his 3rd option.

LeFoundaway

Bubble = TOUGH CONDITIONS

Phoenix
10-09-2021, 11:01 AM
This thread is about a top 3 player all time, so why not?

God you're stupid. Are you on serious drugs like crack or heroin? I'm not kidding either, your posts make my brain bleed.

You're a fukking ass. The average player at 35 in the 90s( or earlier) were light years away from their prime/peak production. Because MJ and Kareem, two top 3 players, were able to have great performances at that stage are exceptions, not rules. Mailman was an exception as well. Now look at every other great player in that space. Hakeem, Ewing, Pippen, Stockton, Robinson, Barkley, etc etc. They were all LIGHT-YEARS from their prime by 35. Bu bu what about Kareem? STFU retard.

Please go deepthroat a shot-gun and spare us any further stupidity from you.

Kobe_Bryant
10-09-2021, 11:43 AM

and any other team that would have won would have gotten the same asterisks

and durant/kyrie skipped the bubble actually. so the nets didn't participate. not every team was there

Kobe_Bryant
10-09-2021, 11:44 AM
Meltdown :roll:

you people give me asterisks for simply having 3 bad quarters in a playoff series.

wake the **** up lol.. lebron has 10 times the bullshit attached to his rings

expansionera
10-09-2021, 11:45 AM
I doubt in two years Lebron is better than Wizards MJ, but only because of the wear and tear (started his NBA career earlier, did not retire twice, more playoff/Finals runs).

1987_Lakers
10-09-2021, 11:47 AM
LeBron fought all season for a 1 seed only to lose that home court advantage and Avery Bradley to the bubble. Frankenstein team pieced together with washed Players.

KUZMA as his 3rd option.

LeFoundaway

This. People never mention how we lost HCA and one of our key players. LeBron in that playoff run was flawless, it was actually was of his best runs, just dominated that postseason.

1987_Lakers
10-09-2021, 11:51 AM
I doubt in two years Lebron is better than Wizards MJ, but only because of the wear and tear (started his NBA career earlier, did not retire twice, more playoff/Finals runs).

I feel LeBron's game will age better due to his versatility, even when he loses his athleticism he can still be an elite PG because of his passing skills. Guys like MJ as they aged became more one dimensional because they basically just relied on the mid-range shot for the most part.

Bronbron23
10-09-2021, 11:57 AM

Yeah but bron also takes better care of his body than mj. Bron spends 1.5 m a year on his body while mj probably spent that on cigars, wisky and whores every year.

Also as far as miles are concerned teams don't practice nearly as hard or as much as they did in mj's days. Alot of players said the practices were tougher than the games.

Phoenix
10-09-2021, 12:03 PM
There's a wear n tear vs attrition aspect to this. Would MJ in 2001 been better if he played all the way through.....or taken 3 years off and then had to re-establish NBA level conditioning? If I had to guess he would have been slightly better had he not walked away, barring any unforeseen major injury( hard to say the deeper you get into your thirties). But his stats each year from 96 on were going down, both PPG and efficiency numbers( slicing his finger on a cigar-cutter didn't help his cause either).

Kobe_Bryant
10-09-2021, 12:16 PM
This. People never mention how we lost HCA and one of our key players. LeBron in that playoff run was flawless, it was actually was of his best runs, just dominated that postseason.

Davis carried the Lakers to the finals. he was basically their best offensive player and defensive anchor. just his defense won the finals. they coulda had rondo win finals mvp. they beat up on an injured 5th seed Miami heat team lmao

imagine Durant and kyrie played instead of skipping the bubble for that blm crap

and that shit had a summer league atmosphere. it was literally the least pressure anyone's ever had.

get up in front of 20,000 people and shoot. it's different than an empty gym

that's why murray and herro looked like veteran superstars shooting lights out. and Mitchel was like peak jordan. take away noise and nerves and even Dwight Howard hits his free throws. in laker practices back in 2013 d'antoni said he hit 80%+

10-09-2021, 12:25 PM
Davis carried the Lakers to the finals. he was basically their best offensive player and defensive anchor. just his defense won the finals. they coulda had rondo win finals mvp. they beat up on an injured 5th seed Miami heat team lmao

imagine Durant and kyrie played instead of skipping the bubble for that blm crap

and that shit had a summer league atmosphere. it was literally the least pressure anyone's ever had.

that's why murray and herro looked like veteran superstars shooting lights out. and Mitchel was like peak jordan. take away noise and nerves and even Dwight Howard hits his free throws. in laker practices back in 2013 d'antoni said he hit 80%+
No. Lebron shared all categories while dominating the assists, so he carried the Lakers to the Finals

SaintzFury13
10-09-2021, 12:27 PM
and any other team that would have won would have gotten the same asterisks

and durant/kyrie skipped the bubble actually. so the nets didn't participate. not every team was there

Again, what "asterisk"? All you people who continue to call it the "disney ring" have yet to explain why it doesn't count. Again, every single team played in the exact same circumstances. Every single team had no home court advantage. It was all fair game. If anything, this was the most challenging environment you could possibly play in. So how does the ring not count? What, in order for it to count, LeBron had to have won it with actual homecourt advantage like he was originally supposed to have anyways? What logical sense does that make?

There is no asterisk. It's as legitimate as a ring as they get. Stop being a moron.

Oh and also, pretty laughable that you think Brooklyn with Durant/Irving being there would have made a difference.

SaintzFury13
10-09-2021, 12:35 PM

KUZMA as his 3rd option.

LeFoundaway

The only thing I will say about this is that the 2020 Lakers were arguably the greatest team LeBron ever had in terms of fit. Anthony Davis was about as perfect of a second option as he could ask for, since he not only could stretch out the floor with his shooting while capable of dominating inside, but he was also a top 5 defender in the league and could even help run the offense. Guys like Avery Bradley, Danny Green, Javal McGee, while not elite defenders anymore, were still capable of impacting that end of the floor to the point where that, along with LeBron and Davis, made their starting unit pretty difficult to score against. Guys like Kuzma, Rondo, Howard, Caruso, KCP, etc. gave that Lakers team a lot of depth, with a decent mix of fresh blood who played their part well and veterans who could impact the game. There were multiple guys who could shoot the three ball and defend. Rondo was the perfect back up to run the offense whenever LeBron sat.

The 2020 Lakers are not just proof that LeBron was still capable of being the best player on an NBA Finals team at that stage in his career. It was proof that the whole "he needed a super team to win" narrative (which still to this day doesn't make any sense because his three finals wins beforehand simply did not play out like that) was and still is bullshit. All LeBron ever really needed was a legitimate all star caliber player who impacted the game in a variety of ways and a good supporting cast to follow. Just like Jordan did with Pippen and his Bulls teams. Just like Magic did with Kareem and his Lakers teams. Just like Shaq did with Kobe, and then Kobe with Pau.

1987_Lakers
10-09-2021, 12:37 PM

I watched the entire postseason and no, AD was not better than LeBron, they were pretty much 1a & 1b throughout the playoffs and LeBron outplayed AD by a considerable margin in the Finals, also find it hilarious you use that "carried" argument considering Shaq was better than Kobe, where is your self awareness? If you use that as an argument, you might as well take away 3 rings from Kobe.

Even without fans that didn't stop Kawhi from having one of the greatest chokes we have ever seen, "no pressure though". Mitchel in the playoffs in 2021 with fans averaged 35 ppg vs the Clippers, Howard only made 60% of his free throws in the 2020 postseason, all of a sudden that is good?

Sorry, you sound like a lunatic, as usual.

Kobe_Bryant
10-09-2021, 12:38 PM
I watched the entire postseason and no, AD was not better than LeBron, they were pretty much 1a & 1b throughout the playoffs and LeBron outplayed AD by a considerable margin in the Finals, also find it hilarious you use that "carried" argument considering Shaq was better than Kobe, where is your self awareness? If you use that as an argument, you might as well take away 3 rings from Kobe.

Even without fans that didn't stop Kawhi from having one of the greatest chokes we have ever seen, "no pressure though". Mitchel in the playoffs in 2021 with fans averaged 35 ppg vs the Clippers, Howard only made 60% of his free throws in the 2020 postseason, all of a sudden that is good?

Sorry, you sound like a lunatic, as usual.

AD was playoff mvp. sorry fella

10-09-2021, 12:40 PM
No. Lebron shared all categories while dominating the assists, so he carried Anthony Davis to a ring

1987_Lakers
10-09-2021, 12:41 PM

If it helps you sleep at night. LeBron finished 2nd in MVP voting that year and snagged Finals MVP. Kobe for his entire career didn't have a Finals like LeBron did in 2020, how sad.

Kobe_Bryant
10-09-2021, 12:41 PM
No. Lebron shared all categories while dominating the assists, so he carried Anthony Davis to a ring

na

Davis was basically equal offensively and 10 times better defensively

https://youtu.be/k0tn9QRJMec

10-09-2021, 12:45 PM
na

Also, Davis never had a great defense with Jrue Holiday and never won DPOY, so his defensive impact is probably overstated

1987_Lakers
10-09-2021, 12:46 PM
na

You do know you are quoting a video from a guy who has LeBron ranked ahead of MJ and has Kobe ranked #13 right?

https://backpicks.com/2017/12/11/the-backpicks-goat-the-40-best-careers-in-nba-history/

:oldlol:

Kobe_Bryant
10-09-2021, 12:47 PM
If it helps you sleep at night. LeBron finished 2nd in MVP voting that year and snagged Finals MVP. Kobe for his entire career didn't have a Finals like LeBron did in 2020, how sad.

this isn't really a debate. Davis was like peak hakeem in 2020. it was truly one of the goat playoff runs by a player on both ends

Kobe_Bryant
10-09-2021, 12:49 PM
You do know you are quoting a video from a guy who has LeBron ranked ahead of MJ and has Kobe ranked #13 right?

https://backpicks.com/2017/12/11/the-backpicks-goat-the-40-best-careers-in-nba-history/

I didn't even watch the video. I'm not really trying. this isn't a debate lol.

offensively in the playoffs davis was a 9/10 and a 10/10 defensively

lebron was a 3/10 defensively

I think its kind of delusional to think otherwise

10-09-2021, 12:51 PM
What about pretending to be a dead rapist on an internet forum, is that delusional?

1987_Lakers
10-09-2021, 12:53 PM
I didn't even watch the video. I'm not really trying. this isn't a debate lol.

offensively in the playoffs davis was a 9/10 and a 10/10 defensively

lebron was a 3/10 defensively

Thanks for exposing yourself. 2020 was one of LeBron's better years defensively.

Kobe_Bryant
10-09-2021, 12:55 PM
What about pretending to be a dead rapist on an internet forum, is that delusional?

you guys are lowering your credibility by just glossing over the defensive impact of an anthony davis. that alone probably won the Lakers the title. davis coulda averaged 15 points and won mvp IMO.. he was like Bill Russell

the fact that he averaged like 27ppg or some sh*t just makes this a laughable conversation to have

Kobe_Bryant
10-09-2021, 12:56 PM
Thanks for exposing yourself. 2020 was one of LeBron's better years defensively.

sorry but Jimmy butler was like peak MJ in the finals so yeah.. just log out

10-09-2021, 12:59 PM
davis coulda averaged 15 points and won mvp IMO.. he was like Bill Russell

Galaxy brain shit right here

Kobe_Bryant
10-09-2021, 01:02 PM
its so funny how low lebron fans sink.. like even attaining the services of anthony davis voids the ring

then the covid bubble Disney thing and the 5 month break

then the no Durant or kyrie

and then davis on top of that goes ape sh*t on both ends..

its actually embarrassing. imagine nitpicking me for 3 quarters of game 7 and turning around and shining this 2020 turd up

1987_Lakers
10-09-2021, 01:04 PM

Yup, and in the only game where LeBron was on Butler most of the time was in game 6 where Butler scored 12 points. Try again.

SaintzFury13
10-09-2021, 01:05 PM

For one thing, Butler wasn't anywhere close to peak MJ in the finals that year. Second, what does this have to do with LeBron's defense in that series?

you guys are lowering your credibility by just glossing over the defensive impact of an anthony davis. that alone probably won the Lakers the title. davis coulda averaged 15 points and won mvp IMO.. he was like Bill Russell

the fact that he averaged like 27ppg or some sh*t just makes this a laughable conversation to have

Okay, so why didn't Davis win MVP while averaging a lot more points?

Kobe_Bryant
10-09-2021, 01:05 PM
Galaxy brain shit right here

he covered the entire floor. he was amazing. he could guard perimeter players then recover and block guys in the same play. he was a literal cheat code defensively.

Kobe_Bryant
10-09-2021, 01:07 PM
For one thing, Butler wasn't anywhere close to peak MJ in the finals that year. Second, what does this have to do with LeBron's defense in that series?

Okay, so why didn't Davis win MVP while averaging a lot more points?

awards rarely take defense into consideration. like nash winning league mvp when kobe is 1st team all defense and nash is the worst defensive player ever

its sad how disrespectful and ignorant some fans and media members are

Kobe_Bryant
10-09-2021, 01:09 PM
Yup, and in the only game where LeBron was on Butler most of the time was in game 6 where Butler scored 12 points. Try again.

his teammates shoulda said "try stepping up one God damn time in your life and defend the other teams best player"

is he forever a shook little f*ggot

1987_Lakers
10-09-2021, 01:09 PM
he covered the entire floor. he was amazing. he could guard perimeter players then recover and block guys in the same play. he was a literal cheat code defensively.

If he was a literal cheat code on defense while scoring 25-28 ppg, why did the Pelicans constantly get tossed in the 1st round or miss the playoffs all together with AD? Fck out of here with acting like AD was on the level of a Shaq or Hakeem.

1987_Lakers
10-09-2021, 01:11 PM
his teammates shoulda said "try stepping up one God damn time in your life and defend the other teams best player"

is he forever a shook little f*ggot

Find this hilarious coming from a Kobe fan considering he usually guarded the opponents worse offensive player.

SaintzFury13
10-09-2021, 01:11 PM
its so funny how low lebron fans sink.. like even attaining the services of anthony davis voids the ring

I guess three of Kobe's rings are void then since he had Shaq for them.

then the covid bubble Disney thing and the 5 month break

Again, explain why playing the bubble in anyway matters. Every single team that played had the same benefits as the Lakers did. You've been asked twice now. Grow a pair and own up to it.

then the no Durant or kyrie

The 2020 Nets with Durant and Kyrie are not beating the Lakers in 2020 and you're a moron if you think otherwise. On top of the fact that they had no one who could guard LeBron or Davis, I seriously doubt they make it past the Heat or Bucks.

and then davis on top of that goes ape sh*t on both ends..

its actually embarrassing. imagine nitpicking me for 3 quarters of game 7 and turning around and shining this 2020 turd up

It's not a nitpick. Kobe Bryant had one of the worst NBA Finals game 7 performances in the history of the NBA. His play in the fourth quarter (which wasn't even all that great) does not make up for his horrific performance throughout the game. LeBron was far more consistent and dominant throughout the entire 2020 playoffs. To even try to compare these two things is laughable.

And stop pretending to be Kobe you fukking weirdo.

10-09-2021, 01:12 PM
If Anthony Davis is like Bill Russell but with twice the scoring, isnt he... the GOAT?

SaintzFury13
10-09-2021, 01:14 PM
awards rarely take defense into consideration. like nash winning league mvp when kobe is 1st team all defense and nash is the worst defensive player ever

its sad how disrespectful and ignorant some fans and media members are

They rarely take defense into consideration and yet Dennis Rodman got FMVP votes in 1996. Andre Iguodala won FMVP in 2015. Don't try to sit here and claim they don't take defense into consideration. That's one of the dumbest fukking things I've ever heard.

LeBron won the award because he had AD beat across the board from both a production and impact standpoint. It was clear as day who deserved it more.

RRR3
10-09-2021, 01:14 PM
LeBron makes me so damn mad, how is he so much better than Kobe?????!?!? how?!?! How?!?!? It’s just not fair man it’s just not fair! :cry: Kobe is a complete joke next to LeBron and it tears me apart inside. I can’t even sleep at night, LeBron has ruined me so bad.
:yaohappy:

Kobe_Bryant
10-09-2021, 01:15 PM
If he was a literal cheat code on defense while scoring 25-28 ppg, why did the Pelicans constantly get tossed in the 1st round or miss the playoffs all together with AD? Fck out of here with acting like AD was on the level of a Shaq or Hakeem.

because a great big man needs a great wing. they can't bring the ball up themselves and start backing down from half court. there's duties that guys like davis/shaq couldn't do that needed a guy like me and lebron to make up for.

Davis was also hurt a lot and 2020 was finally a healthy year. plus it helps playing in a bubble when you're a nervous guy like Davis. he definitely benefited from the lack of fans.

and lebrons 2019 wasnt much better btw. neither was his 2021 first round with a hobbled Davis. ots obvious they depend on each other for things but if I had to put a value on both guys I would say Davis is more important going forward since after 2018. that was lebrons last elite season. hes never been the same guy since. that 2020 finals was a flash of lebron offensively but 2019 and 2021 is his real form. and this season is about to be even worse

1987_Lakers
10-09-2021, 01:16 PM
It's not a nitpick. Kobe Bryant had one of the worst NBA Finals game 7 performances in the history of the NBA. His play in the fourth quarter (which wasn't even all that great) does not make up for his horrific performance throughout the game. LeBron was far more consistent and dominant throughout the entire 2020 playoffs. To even try to compare these two things is laughable.

And stop pretending to be Kobe you fukking weirdo.

For a superstar player it has to be the worst game 7 performance ever, off the top of my head I can't think of any other elite player have such a horrific game 7 in the Finals.

Kobe_Bryant
10-09-2021, 01:17 PM
For a superstar player it has to be the worst game 7 performance ever, off the top of my head I can't think of any other elite player have such a horrific game 7 in the Finals.

I dominated the last 15 minutes and rondo admitted I saved that title for us

again hating on a real season with a real team vs a real finals opponent in front of real fans with real pressure and real defense

but you shine up that bubble turd ring

you're such a loser

1987_Lakers
10-09-2021, 01:18 PM
because a great big man needs a great wing. they can't bring the ball up themselves and start backing down from half court. there's duties that guys like davis/shaq couldn't do that needed a guy like me and lebron to make up for.

Davis was also hurt a lot and 2020 was finally a healthy year. plus it helps playing in a bubble when you're a nervous guy like Davis. he definitely benefited from the lack of fans.

and lebrons 2019 wasnt much better btw. neither was his 2021 first round with a hobbled Davis. ots obvious they depend on each other for things but if I had to put a value on both guys I would say Davis is more important going forward since after 2018. that was lebrons last elite season. hes never been the same guy since. that 2020 finals was a flash of lebron offensively but 2019 and 2021 is his real form. and this season is about to be even worse

Shaq won a title in 2000 with Kobe averaging 15 ppg far from a great wing, Hakeem won a title in '94 without a great wing as well.

Kobe_Bryant
10-09-2021, 01:21 PM
Shaq won a title in 2000 with Kobe averaging 15 ppg far from a great wing, Hakeem won a title in '94 without a great wing as well.

we all saw what shaq did in game 7 vs Portland. he choked. he doesn't win a ring without me saving his legacy. Shaq was never great in pressure situations or against elite teams. it's why I had to carry us vs sanantonio

shaq had a beta mentality

1987_Lakers
10-09-2021, 01:22 PM

again hating on a real season with a real team vs a real finals opponent in front of real fans with real pressure and real defense

but you shine up that bubble turd ring

you're such a loser

Kobe went 1 of 4 shooting in that 4th quarter of game 7, you have very low standards if you want to call that "dominated".

MadDog
10-09-2021, 01:24 PM
Kobe went 1 of 4 shooting in that 4th quarter of game 7, you have very low standards if you want to call that "dominated".

Notice that he sidestepped the finals, which was your point lol. Shaq needed a "great wing" who averaged 15 points en-route to a title. Incredible.

SaintzFury13
10-09-2021, 01:24 PM

Yeah, now imagine if he dominated the entire game like LeBron usually would, like a superstar player is supposed to. That's the difference between LeBron and Kobe. LeBron is known for being one of the greatest game 7 performers in the history of the NBA, superior to even Jordan. Kobe on the other hand is at best mediocre. Apart from the 2000 playoffs against Portland, Kobe's game 7 resume is incredibly underwhelming. In fact he's pretty poor in general when it comes to elimination games.

Oh and btw, Pau Gasol and Ron Artest saved the title for the Lakers, not Kobe.

Kobe_Bryant
10-09-2021, 01:28 PM

I led us in every major category and Phil during the 4th called a timeout and said "forget about shaq" ..

and I made 3 jumpshots and had 3 free throws and key assists and defense in the 4th quarter so I think you have the wrong box score

RRR3
10-09-2021, 01:29 PM
Kenny rn:

https://c.tenor.com/5XEghMgLeNkAAAAM/mad-donaldduck.gif

He’s gonna blow! :oldlol:

Kobe_Bryant
10-09-2021, 01:31 PM
Yeah, now imagine if he dominated the entire game like LeBron usually would, like a superstar player is supposed to. That's the difference between LeBron and Kobe. LeBron is known for being one of the greatest game 7 performers in the history of the NBA, superior to even Jordan. Kobe on the other hand is at best mediocre. Apart from the 2000 playoffs against Portland, Kobe's game 7 resume is incredibly underwhelming. In fact he's pretty poor in general when it comes to elimination games.

sorry this was back when the nba was physical and the refs basically called nothing for the first 3 quarters. piece and Ray combined for like 8 for 30

1987_Lakers
10-09-2021, 01:32 PM

Another example is game 6 of 2013 Finals, Miami was down 10 entering the 4th quarter and facing elimination, in that 4th quarter LeBron goes 7 of 11 shooting for 16 points and Miami eventually wins the game, put Kobe in that situation and I'm positive he takes and clanks contested jumpers all quarter long and the deficit jumps from 10 to 20. :oldlol:

Kobe_Bryant
10-09-2021, 01:33 PM
Another example is game 6 of 2013 Finals, Miami was down 10 entering the 4th quarter and facing elimination, in that 4th quarter LeBron goes 7 of 11 shooting for 16 points and Miami eventually wins the game, put Kobe in that situation and I'm positive he takes and clanks contested jumpers all quarter long and the deficit jumps from 10 to 20. :oldlol:

my 3 quarters vs Boston was basically lebrons first 6 games in 2013

then pops strategy of daring lebron to shoot finally backfired in game 7

thank ray allen for getting him to a game 7

MadDog
10-09-2021, 01:34 PM
In the 2000 finals, Los Angeles won a game where Kobe literally dropped 3 points. Shaq had 40. :oldlol: Him "needing a great wing to win" just isn't true.

Kobe_Bryant
10-09-2021, 01:34 PM
Kenny rn:

https://c.tenor.com/5XEghMgLeNkAAAAM/mad-donaldduck.gif

He’s gonna blow! :oldlol:

I dunno who this ken guy is but you should definitely make a thread asking who angers you more between him and 3ball for the 5th or 6th time this month

Kobe_Bryant
10-09-2021, 01:36 PM
In the 2000 finals, Los Angeles won a game where Kobe literally dropped 3 points. Shaq had 40. :oldlol: Him "needing a great wing" to win just isn't true.

and then we lost the next game when I didn't play at all. and probably lose game 4 if I miss that one too. Indiana later won game 5 so they shoulda went up 3-2 and without me I doubt shaq wins games 6 and 7 with his nature of choking

SaintzFury13
10-09-2021, 01:39 PM
and I made 3 jumpshots and had 3 free throws and key assists and defense in the 4th quarter so I think you have the wrong box score

That's what you call dominating?

Buddy, this is the kind of shit MJ did on a regular basis. Dominating would be scoring 16 points in the fourth quarter and literally bringing your team right back into the game. Yeah, the fourth quarter of that game was Kobe's best quarter. But he didn't dominate at all.

sorry this was back when the nba was physical and the refs basically called nothing for the first 3 quarters. piece and Ray combined for like 8 for 30

That's your excuse? That the refs weren't calling fouls being made on Kobe? If Kobe was struggling to play through the foul calls to the point where he ends the game shooting 6-24, that is his own fault, not the refs. He has teammates who are shooting better than him and are being given the benefit of the doubt. He should have realized that. Not like it matters because the Lakers won the game anyways, but blaming the refs and the physicality of the game is an extremely weak excuse.

Oh and since we're comparing players, let me give you some examples of what LeBron did during that "physical" era of basketball.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sx4z_pCA_6k

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VzeIvW9ll_4

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2eDCyWEdX6o

I don't want to hear any excuses about the physicality of the game. All you're doing at this point is acknowledging that Kobe Bryant is unable to handle the wear and tear of a tough, defensive minded seven game series. We saw LeBron go through that shit twice in the finals and only improve as the series went on. All you are doing is hurting Kobe's case here.

1987_Lakers
10-09-2021, 01:40 PM

You sure about that? Just 3 quarters? For the first 3 games of 2010 Finals Kobe shot 28 of 71, which is 39%. Just another day in the office for Kobe.

MadDog
10-09-2021, 01:43 PM
and then we lost the next game when I didn't play at all. and probably lose game 4 if I miss that one too. Indiana later won game 5 so they shoulda went up 3-2 and without me I doubt shaq wins games 6 and 7 with his nature of choking

I'm not saying they didn't need Kobe at all. :confusedshrug: He was a nice complementary piece to Shaq, their ringleader.

Kobe_Bryant
10-09-2021, 01:44 PM
You sure about that? Just 3 quarters? For the first 3 games of 2010 Finals Kobe shot 28 of 71, which is 39%. Just another day in the office for Kobe.

lebron shot 29%, outside of 5 feet in the 2013 and 2015 nba finals

1987_Lakers
10-09-2021, 01:45 PM
lebron shot 29%, outside of 5 feet in the 2013 and 2015 nba finals

And still outperformed Kobe in 2010. :(

Kobe_Bryant
10-09-2021, 01:46 PM
I'm not saying they didn't need Kobe at all. :confusedshrug: He was a nice complimentary piece to Shaq, their ringleader.

I think having glen rice and a deeper roster allowed us to win without needing me to be legendary like in 2001 and 2002. our 2000 team was nice

but shaq still had his beta male moments where I needed to save the day.

Kobe_Bryant
10-09-2021, 01:47 PM
And still outperformed Kobe in 2010. :(

I dont think so. see... my struggles were attributed to tough physical defense and a lack of calls going either way. lebrons struggles were that he just lacked the ability to hit open shots.. the defensive game plan for lebron has always been "give him the open shot. don't let him drive. for me it's "cover him with multiple guys after he puts the ball on the floor anywhere over midcourt

1987_Lakers
10-09-2021, 01:48 PM
I think having glen rice and a deeper roster allowed us to win without needing me to be legendary like in 2001 and 2002. our 2000 team was nice

Ah yes, who can forget Rice's 11 ppg on 40% shooting in the Finals who Phil Jackson disliked for his lack of defense. :oldlol:

ELITEpower23
10-09-2021, 01:48 PM
I'm not saying they didn't need Kobe at all. :confusedshrug: He was a nice complementary piece to Shaq, their ringleader.

Kobe's a nice Robert Horry type, just a lucky player with the right timing on the right team. Nothing special. Terrible advanced analytics. Right time, lucky player type of career.

MadDog
10-09-2021, 01:50 PM

Shaq won all their FMVPs with superior playoff and finals play. He was clearly Kobe's alpha.

Kobe's a nice Robert Horry type, just a lucky player with the right timing on the right team. Nothing special. Terrible advanced analytics. Right time, lucky player type of career.

He definitely wasn't special in the 2000 finals. Outside of that OT game where Shaq fouled out? I think Austin Croshere outscored him lol

1987_Lakers
10-09-2021, 01:50 PM
I dont think so. see... my struggles were attributed to tough physical defense and a lack of calls going either way. lebrons struggles were that he just lacked the ability to hit open shots

Kobe's struggles were attributed to having an inflated ego thinking he can make every shot, no matter the degree of difficulty which led to bricks. I will always be grateful for LeBron for returning our franchise back to glory after Kobe destroyed it.

SaintzFury13
10-09-2021, 01:54 PM

And here lies one of the biggest misconceptions about that finals series that people make, that LeBron played terribly throughout the series up to that point. This is what happens when you go entirely off of the box score.

In reality, LeBron only had one truly bad game in that series, and that was game 3. Game 1? That wasn't a bad game at all. The man had a triple double and it was a defensive minded game from start to finish. Game 2? Nope. He locked down Parker all game long.

Yeah, and you know what? That's a testament to LeBron's greatness. It's game 7 of the NBA Finals against the Spurs and when given the opportunity, LeBron stepped up and shot the lights out with 5 three pointers and going 8-8 from the FT line and hitting the big mid range dagger to seal the deal. That's as clutch as it gets. That is domination.

Just like Kobe can thank Ron Artest for his fifth ring.

Kobe_Bryant
Ah yes, who can forget Rice's 11 ppg on 40% shooting in the Finals who Phil Jackson disliked for his lack of defense. :oldlol:

well I averaged almost 20ppg in the time I actually played. that 15ppg average was due to me leaving in the first quarter with 2 points. then in game 2 with me hurt both harper and rice had 21 points each

I dont remember ever having a 3rd guy chip in 20+ when I was winning titles with Pau.. and that was basically the 4th guy stepping up as a 3rd option too. truly a deep team we had. if shaq blew that one he goes down as the biggest choker ever

RRR3
How big of a retard is Kenny to think anyone will actually think he’s Kobe? Kobe is ****ing dead.

SaintzFury13
10-09-2021, 01:55 PM
I dont think so. see... my struggles were attributed to tough physical defense and a lack of calls going either way. lebrons struggles were that he just lacked the ability to hit open shots.. the defensive game plan for lebron has always been "give him the open shot. don't let him drive. for me it's "cover him with multiple guys after he puts the ball on the floor anywhere over midcourt

He outperformed Kobe. LeBron was still greater in other aspects of the game and shut down Tony Parker after game 1. It's not even close.

Kobe_Bryant
10-09-2021, 01:56 PM
Kobe's struggles were attributed to having an inflated ego thinking he can make every shot, no matter the degree of difficulty which led to bricks. I will always be grateful for LeBron for returning our franchise back to glory after Kobe destroyed it.

na it was just a tough physical series like most finals were back in the day. basketball used to be a hard game to play. guys weren't dared to shoot before like lebron since 2013

you see the nba completely changed into a wwe style traveling circus show where they rigged everything to push the scoring up as high as possible. now teams score like 140 no problem whenever they want. it's truly an embarrassment

Axe
10-09-2021, 01:57 PM
It took kobe a timely injury to kendrick perkins in game 6 of the 2010 finals in order for him to win his final ring. Without that happening tho, he'd likely end up with the same amount of rings as shaq and a single finals mvp.

MadDog
10-09-2021, 01:58 PM
How big of a retard is Kenny to think anyone will actually think he’s Kobe? Kobe is ****ing dead.

Kobe would be embarrassed of him. Not only do his arguments prove Shaq>Kobe, but they outline just how overrated Kobe was. Its sorta like 3ball "defending" Jordan. The opposite is what ends up happening lol.

RRR3
10-09-2021, 01:59 PM
i don't like kobe as a person. never have. i only ever worshipped his game

hes a god on the basketball court but a true scumbag in real life.

i don't worship men. i worship talent. him dying meant more to his career being given the respect it deserves. the media nearly destroyed his legacy with the constant bashing and low all time ranking they would bust out every year. his death saved him from becoming another rick barry, kareem abdul jabbar afterthought buried out of spite. i was personally satisfied with what he accomplished and knew somewhere down the line the media would give up their agenda. but with kobes death it jumpstarted the healing process probably 20 years ahead of schedule... and even then i doubt 20 years from now kobe has a major award named after him. his name will never be forgotten now. 60 years from now lebron will be as popular as elgin baylor or bob cousy is today.. but kobe will be talked about every year on allstar weekend. you can't buy that kind of publicity

oh yeah and i'm also glad kobe never lived long enough to become another BLM anti white liberal progressive pro china race baiting sell out cuck like lebron
:roll:

Kobe_Bryant
10-09-2021, 02:00 PM
He outperformed Kobe. LeBron was still greater in other aspects of the game and shut down Tony Parker after game 1. It's not even close.

sorry but the nba isn't a respectable product since the collude era started and they took away the ability to defend. lebrons a manufactured product. they took out travels and charges for him. they took out "impeding progress" for him. they took out being able to contest shots for him wit the landing area stuff. they look at hard fouls to protect their investment. I don't remember the nba wanting to asses flagrant fouls for every hard hit I took. my body was broken into pieces dozens of times needing many surgeries and they never once said "hey let's make it a no contact league lol

RRR3
10-09-2021, 02:00 PM
Kobe would be embarrassed of him. Not only do his arguments prove Shaq>Kobe, but they outline just how overrated Kobe was. Its sorta ike 3ball "defending" Jordan. The opposite is what ends up happening lol.
He actually does worship Kobe though. 3ball just uses Jordan because he’s the only player you can really use to make LeBron look “bad” with any sort of consistency and he knows it. Kobe is his guy too.

RRR3
10-09-2021, 02:01 PM
Kobe would be embarrassed of him. Not only do his arguments prove Shaq>Kobe, but they outline just how overrated Kobe was. Its sorta like 3ball "defending" Jordan. The opposite is what ends up happening lol.
He’s not even good at imitating Kobe either, Kobe literally argued with someone on twitter when they tried to discredit LeBron’s Miami rings lol. He was cool with LeBron and not insecure about him. Honestly never saw any animosity from Kobe towards LeBron or vice versa. It was all the media.

Kobe_Bryant
10-09-2021, 02:01 PM

wow that Ken dude went in hard. what an a**hole. but I see his point with some things. lesson of the day is most humans act on instinct. we're all a bit sh*tty. let he without sin cast the first stone as they say

Axe
10-09-2021, 02:02 PM
wow that Ken dude went in hard. what an a**hole. but I see his point with some things. lesson of the day is most humans act on instinct. we're all a bit sh*tty. let he without sin cast the first stone as they say
Too much meth is bad for your health, tough guy.

Kobe_Bryant
10-09-2021, 02:03 PM
I dunno who I'm talking to anymore. theres like 5 or 6 people replying to all of my comments. I can see my celebrity is becoming a distraction for this place.

MadDog
10-09-2021, 02:03 PM

i don't like kobe as a person. never have. i only ever worshipped his game

hes a god on the basketball court but a true scumbag in real life.

i don't worship men. i worship talent. him dying meant more to his career being given the respect it deserves. the media nearly destroyed his legacy with the constant bashing and low all time ranking they would bust out every year. his death saved him from becoming another rick barry, kareem abdul jabbar afterthought buried out of spite. i was personally satisfied with what he accomplished and knew somewhere down the line the media would give up their agenda. but with kobes death it jumpstarted the healing process probably 20 years ahead of schedule... and even then i doubt 20 years from now kobe has a major award named after him. his name will never be forgotten now. 60 years from now lebron will be as popular as elgin baylor or bob cousy is today.. but kobe will be talked about every year on allstar weekend. you can't buy that kind of publicity

oh yeah and i'm also glad kobe never lived long enough to become another BLM anti white liberal progressive pro china race baiting sell out cuck like lebron

Is this Kenneth? :oldlol: What a ****ing nutjob

RRR3
10-09-2021, 02:04 PM
Ken talking about himself in the third person despite literally everyone knowing it’s him. Surprised he’s allowed to use the internet in his padded cell

Kobe_Bryant
10-09-2021, 02:05 PM
He’s not even good at imitating Kobe either, Kobe literally argued with someone on twitter when they tried to discredit LeBron’s Miami rings lol. He was cool with LeBron and not insecure about him. Honestly never saw any animosity from Kobe towards LeBron or vice versa. It was all the media.

I liked lebron till he hijacked ADs finals mvp. it reminded me of 2001 when shaq swooped in and ruined my all time great playoff run through pure greed

RRR3
10-09-2021, 02:05 PM
Yes lmao. Not even his worst comments. Those were saying he’d nuke a country if it improved Kobe’s legacy and admitting he’s raped women. He’s a literal sociopath.

1987_Lakers
10-09-2021, 02:06 PM

I kind of feel bad, I baited him into a meltdown and ban when Kobe missed ISH's top 10, then came back as "Kobe". Truly disturbing stuff.

RRR3
10-09-2021, 02:06 PM
Kenneth expecting anyone to believe the ghost of Kobe Bryant would be capable of posting on this forum lmao.

RRR3
10-09-2021, 02:07 PM
I kind of feel bad, I baited him into a meltdown and ban when Kobe missed ISH's top 10, then came back as "Kobe". Truly disturbing stuff.
I think he may actually have convinced himself he’s Kobe. Can’t see why else he’d keep up the facade when literally everyone else knows it’s him. He legit may have been driven completely insane by that top 10 project.

10-09-2021, 02:08 PM
Kobe literally argued with someone on twitter when they tried to discredit LeBron’s Miami rings lol. .
Link? Sounds pretty cool

ELITEpower23
10-09-2021, 02:08 PM
Yes lmao. Not even his worst comments. Those were saying he’d nuke a country if it improved Kobe’s legacy and admitting he’s raped women. He’s a literal sociopath.

+1

Sad state of affairs for the 12be fam

Kobe_Bryant
10-09-2021, 02:09 PM

you guys are truly obsessed with this ken guy. I'm starting to think he ruined you more than I did.

Kobe_Bryant
10-09-2021, 02:10 PM
+1

Sad state of affairs for the 12be fam

didn't you just vote me 11th. you can't even troll properly. get the net

Axe
10-09-2021, 02:10 PM
you guys are truly obsessed with this ken guy. I'm starting to think he ruined you more than I did.
Because you're him.

RRR3
10-09-2021, 02:11 PM
Ken foaming at the mouth rn. We got him all riled up boys!

Kobe_Bryant
Kenneth expecting anyone to believe the ghost of Kobe Bryant would be capable of posting on this forum lmao.

its really not that hard. you ever watch the movie ghost. it's like when that guy jumped inside of whoopie goldberg

1987_Lakers
I think he may actually have convinced himself he’s Kobe. Can’t see why else he’d keep up the facade when literally everyone else knows it’s him. He legit may have been driven completely insane by that top 10 project.

He's obviously trolling, but what he doesn't realize that going on with this persona for too long can have harmful psychological consequences, like you said in his own head he might eventually think he is Kobe. I've been gone for a few days and came back this morning and was kinda surprised he still has this persona going strong.

RRR3
10-09-2021, 02:14 PM
He's obviously trolling, but what he doesn't realize that going on with this persona for too long can have harmful psychological consequences, like you said in his own head he might eventually think he is Kobe. I've been gone for a few days and came back this morning and was kinda surprised he still has this persona going strong.
He’s always lived vicariously through Kobe so it was probably a natural conclusion to see it. I’m glad Kobe never encountered this lunatic, he would have been kidnapped and kept locked in a basement for sure.

ArbitraryWater
10-09-2021, 02:16 PM
If you think 35 y/o MJ was better than LeBron at that age… Lol

SouBeachTalents
10-09-2021, 02:52 PM
Kenny getting beatdown like he's Kobe in an elimination game

beasted
10-09-2021, 02:53 PM

You said Mikey, but never mentioned Mickey. :confusedshrug:

RRR3
10-09-2021, 02:55 PM
:roll: :roll: :roll:

SaintzFury13
10-09-2021, 03:19 PM
sorry but the nba isn't a respectable product since the collude era started and they took away the ability to defend. lebrons a manufactured product. they took out travels and charges for him. they took out "impeding progress" for him. they took out being able to contest shots for him wit the landing area stuff. they look at hard fouls to protect their investment. I don't remember the nba wanting to asses flagrant fouls for every hard hit I took. my body was broken into pieces dozens of times needing many surgeries and they never once said "hey let's make it a no contact league lol

So now your new excuse is that LeBron, one of the more fairly officiated players in the history of the league, gets constantly protected by the league in regards to foul calls? Do I have that right?

And what collusion are you referring to exactly? I'm hoping you aren't stupid enough to think that two guys deciding they want to go play with another guy on a team is collusion. Because that's not what collusion means.

Kobe_Bryant
10-09-2021, 03:22 PM

I dont even know this ken guy but if you're referring to me I think I did a great job making everyone switch subjects

like backpeddling from the davis topic and switching to a discussion on me and shaq. it's always a last ditch effort it seems. and then after I won that battle everyone started going on a rant about this ken guy and his mental health issues. it's like you guys are playing hopscotch. can you not focus on one subject for more than 5 minutes

RRR3
10-09-2021, 03:23 PM
Kenny back to foam at the mouth some more! He’s losing it!

Kobe_Bryant
10-09-2021, 03:25 PM
Kenny back to foam at the mouth some more! He’s losing it!

damn you must have been refreshing the page nonstop lol. I posted and the page loaded and your reply was literally already there. I guess you're all hopped up on the sugar from your Mexican coca cola addiction. no wonder you're a fat diabetic. better than parasitic water I guess

kuniva_dAMiGhTy
10-09-2021, 03:26 PM
I dont even know this ken guy but if you're referring to me I think I did a great job making everyone switch subjects

like backpeddling from the davis topic and switching to a discussion on me and shaq. it's always a last ditch effort it seems. and then after I won that battle everyone started going on a rant about this ken guy and his mental health issues. it's like you guys are playing hopscotch. can you not focus on one subject for more than 5 minutes

https://media1.giphy.com/media/eMtS7CzkINf1qX7NR0/giphy.gif?cid=ecf05e47i9k8k79l4tbx2ip3ushfbp4pvkaj 3etiy1ohvwev&rid=giphy.gif&ct=g

You might be worse than 3ball.

He might pretend to be Mike's favorite fan, but least he's not impersonating him.

RRR3
10-09-2021, 03:31 PM
https://media1.giphy.com/media/eMtS7CzkINf1qX7NR0/giphy.gif?cid=ecf05e47i9k8k79l4tbx2ip3ushfbp4pvkaj 3etiy1ohvwev&rid=giphy.gif&ct=g

You might be worse than 3ball.

He might pretend to be Mike's favorite fan, but least he's not impersonating him.
He’s a worse person for sure. Snivelly may be a complete joke but at least he isn’t a rapist who would supports nuclear warfare just to improve his hero’s legacy.

kuniva_dAMiGhTy
10-09-2021, 03:33 PM
damn you must have been refreshing the page nonstop lol. I posted and the page loaded and your reply was literally already there. I guess you're all hopped up on the sugar from your Mexican coca cola addiction. no wonder you're a fat diabetic. better than parasitic water I guess

You nearly doubled everyone's post count in this thread. While masquerading as Kobe's spirit.

What are you doing with your life... :oldlol:

RRR3
10-09-2021, 03:35 PM
You nearly doubled everyone's post count in this thread. While masquerading as Kobe's spirit.

:roll: :roll: :roll:

SouBeachTalents
10-09-2021, 03:37 PM

1987_Lakers
10-09-2021, 03:38 PM

Hey Yo
10-09-2021, 04:07 PM

Only 30+ year old to avg. 25ppg and 10ast for a season that year.

3ba11
10-09-2021, 04:12 PM

He was outscored in the playoffs by a teammate.... :yaohappy:.... :kobe:.... :whatever:....

10-09-2021, 04:13 PM
He was outscored in the playoffs by a teammate.... :yaohappy:.... :kobe:.... :whatever:....
No, he shared all the categories while dominating the assists, so that confirms he carried his sidekick

3ba11
10-09-2021, 04:15 PM
No, he shared all the categories while dominating the assists, so that confirms he carried his sidekick

No one says that a dominant rebounder "carried" a team - only scorers do that

Think about it this way - imagine if Pippen went to the Finals and destroyed MVP Malone and Barkley like Kyrie did Curry, or led the league in playoff scoring like AD - that's the only way that MJ's ring quality could be reduced to Lebron's best ring

everyone in history needed a teammate to match or exceed their playoff scoring for most of their rings, while MJ averaged at least 10 more than teammates in every SERIES... This includes the Finals, where Jordan averaged 10-20 more than Pippen each time (carry-job), compared to 2-5 for Lebron (shared load)..

SouBeachTalents
10-09-2021, 04:18 PM
No one says that a dominant rebounder "carried" the load - only scorers "carry" teams

Think about it this way - imagine if Pippen went to the Finals and destroyed MVP Malone and Barkley, or led the league in playoff scoring - that's the only way that MJ's ring quality could be reduced to Lebron's best ring

Jordan led his sidekick in scoring for every Finals by 10-20 ppg (carry-job), compared to 2-5 for Lebron (shared load)
Shaq led his sidekick by that same exact margin in the Finals during their 3peat

3ba11
10-09-2021, 04:20 PM
Shaq led his sidekick by that same exact margin in the Finals during their 3peat

He led Kobe by 8 and 9 points in 2001 and 2002 Finals, but the reality is that Kobe matched Shaq's scoring for the 2001 and 2002 playoff runs - everyone in history needed a teammate to match or exceed their playoff scoring for most of their rings, while MJ averaged at least 10 more than teammates in every SERIES...

RRR3
10-09-2021, 04:22 PM
He led Kobe by 8 and 9 points in 2001 and 2002 Finals, but the reality is that Kobe matched Shaq's scoring for the 2001 and 2002 playoff runs - everyone in history needed a teammate to match or exceed their playoff scoring for most of their rings, while MJ averaged at least 10 more than teammates in every SERIES...
2000 proved Shaq didn’t need Kobe to do much besides hit a few shots here and there. He just let Kobe take more shots so he wouldn’t whine.

10-09-2021, 04:23 PM

Do you wanna consult public opinion on Pippen and lebron?

3ba11
10-09-2021, 04:33 PM
2000 proved Shaq didn’t need Kobe to do much besides hit a few shots here and there. He just let Kobe take more shots so he wouldn’t whine.

Don't take my word for it - let's see what the actual players said - Mark Jackson said that the Pacers should've won that series, but Kobe prevented the series from going 7 games:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oRsjDFeW9Gs&t=0m17s

RRR3
10-09-2021, 04:37 PM
Don't take my word for it - let's see what the actual players said - Mark Jackson said that the Pacers should've won that series, but Kobe prevented the series from going 7 games:

Game 6:

Shaq 41 points on 19-32
Kobe 27 points on 8-26

Idk seems like Kobe did his best to make sure it WENT to 7 games. Luckily Shaq was there to rebound his bricks.

SouBeachTalents
10-09-2021, 04:38 PM

Mark Jackson also said this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NVWFIGhD980

1987_Lakers
10-09-2021, 04:40 PM

Damn, MJ and Kobe stans taking a beating in this thread.

RRR3
10-09-2021, 04:40 PM

Yeah and 3ball agrees with that. Didnt you see my thread about him slipping up and saying Kobe is the GOAT?

SaintzFury13
10-09-2021, 05:22 PM

You must not have watched basketball for very long.

Think about it this way - imagine if Pippen went to the Finals and destroyed MVP Malone and Barkley like Kyrie did Curry, or led the league in playoff scoring like AD - that's the only way that MJ's ring quality could be reduced to Lebron's best ring

How does any of that take away from what LeBron did in any of his finals?

dankok8
10-09-2021, 06:42 PM
I think MJ at age 35 was the best ever at that age. Lebron isn't far behind though.

3ba11
10-09-2021, 06:44 PM
How does any of that take away from what LeBron did in any of his finals?

Winning with a 1b's like Kyrie that match your scoring and close the series isn't as impressive as winning with a true 2nd option that averages far less and gives literally zero in the clutch

Titles without super-teams or 1b's > titles with super-teams and 1b's.

Lebron never won without super-teams as the top producer - it's because his scoring isn't all-time level, so he needs elite 1st options to play sidekick and equal-scoring partner - he can't win without 1b's or super-teams because his scoring isn't all-time level

RRR3
10-09-2021, 06:46 PM
Just ignore Snivelball guys. He’s a confirmed liar.

Kobe_Bryant
10-09-2021, 07:14 PM
Yeah and 3ball agrees with that. Didnt you see my thread about him slipping up and saying Kobe is the GOAT?

I might not have the goat career. but I would beat the goat 1 on 1. even he admitted it

SaintzFury13
10-09-2021, 07:17 PM
Winning with a 1b's like Kyrie that match your scoring and close the series isn't as impressive as winning with a true 2nd option that averages far less and gives literally zero in the clutch

It's far more impressive than winning against clearly inferior teams with teammates who do all the dirty work for you.

Axe
10-10-2021, 08:13 AM

Your consistent deflection is astounding.

Phoenix
10-10-2021, 08:23 AM
I might not have the goat career. but I would beat the goat 1 on 1. even he admitted it

It's like you're going out of your way to be cringe at this point.

TheCorporation
10-10-2021, 06:46 PM

Goodness :roll:

outofstomach
10-11-2021, 01:33 AM

Okay, so why didn't Davis win MVP while averaging a lot more points?god you are so ****ing stupid

2much_knowledge
10-11-2021, 02:00 AM

Convenient to not mention the ankle injury to try to make a point.....

2much_knowledge
10-11-2021, 02:04 AM

We as in a real Laker fan lol. But talking shit about kobe nonstop.

Are you a La/Clv/Mia/Clv/La hybrid? Lol

SaintzFury13
10-11-2021, 06:23 AM
god you are so ****ing stupid

Taking pity shots because you still lack the ability to make your own arguments? It must be sad being the village idiot of a website filled with actual idiots.

Hey Yo
10-11-2021, 10:56 AM
Convenient to not mention the ankle injury to try to make a point.....

Kobe had an ankle injury? Then why did he take a combined 47 shots in games 5 and 6??

2much_knowledge
10-11-2021, 01:34 PM
Kobe had an ankle injury? Then why did he take a combined 47 shots in games 5 and 6??

Have you been living under a rock or started watching basketball after 2010?

Jalen Rose foot? Don't ring a bell?

HoopsNY
10-11-2021, 02:07 PM

Kobe returned in the series in game 5 and Ahmad Rashad spoke to him where Kobe mentioned his ankle was fine. The fact is that his ankle injury wasn't the cause of his lack luster play. He just played poorly regardless.

Game 5 vs. IND: 4-20 (20%), 8 pts
Game 6 vs. IND: 8-27 (29%), 26 pts

SouBeachTalents
10-11-2021, 02:16 PM
Kobe returned in the series in game 5 and Ahmad Rashad spoke to him where Kobe mentioned his ankle was fine. The fact is that his ankle injury wasn't the cause of his lack luster play. He just played poorly regardless.

And the argument would hold more merit if he didn’t shoot poorly in virtually every Finals he played the rest of his career :lol

Hey Yo
10-11-2021, 02:18 PM

He avg. 41mins in those 2gms.... but yeah, he was injured but able to take 47fga.

2much_knowledge
10-11-2021, 02:21 PM

Not talking about shooting %. Im talking about low ppg

If you leave a game you played early cause of injury, your averages are gonna suffer. Common sense

HoopsNY
10-11-2021, 02:39 PM
Not talking about shooting %. Im talking about low ppg

If you leave a game you played early cause of injury, your averages are gonna suffer. Common sense

I get you bro but the problem is that Kobe wasn't playing well that series regardless of injury.

In game one, he had 14/3/5/1/2 on 46%. Not terrible numbers, but nothing to brag about, especially his scoring. And this was prior to the injury.