PDA

View Full Version : Is LeBron destined to be #2 4E?

Dagoods
10-08-2021, 04:45 PM
He's ranked number 2 behind the one and only GOAT, and there are those who even dispute his second ranking!

He will retire in 2023 (I certainly hope so, the league needs to move on from the mafia that is Clutch Sports).

So what's it going to take?

He will eventually overtake Kareem's record, that inevitable and he may win one more ring. IS THIS ENOUGH? WILL THIS SUFFICE?

It is very unlikely he wins another regular season MVP. Clearly, AD held back against the HEAT and allowed LeBron to win FINALS MVP. I'm not sure he'll do the same again this time around. I certainly know that RUSS will not be so benevolent. Thus, there's a good chance he'll never win Finals MVP again.

6 out of 6
10 Scoring Titles
9x All NBA All-Defensive Team
DPOY
5 MVPs
6x FMVP
Leading Career Points Per Game Record Holder

Vs.

4 out of 10 (or possibly 5 out of 11)
5x All NBA All-Defensive Team
1 Scoring title
1 Assist title
4 MVPs
4 FMVPs
All-Time Leading Scorer

I think LeBron can cement his place as the ETERNAL # 2. To surpass MJ, he needs to tie him in chips which is very unlikely. UNLESS he recruits KEVIN DURANT, I don't see him surpassing MJ.

https://cdn.quotesgram.com/img/30/46/2133187658-Austin-Powers-Number-2-austin-powers-24335442-1024-768.jpg

SouBeachTalents
10-08-2021, 04:50 PM
Nice to see a refreshingly new topic for once

SaintzFury13
10-08-2021, 04:56 PM
Recruiting Durant just to surpass Jordan in titles would just further hurt his case.

The simple fact of the matter is, more titles aren't going to do it. I don't know why people continue to make this claim because it makes no sense in the grand scheme of things. LeBron never really needed to surpass Jordan in that regard because that isn't what it's all about. It wasn't just the 6 titles. They were the cherry on top of an incredibly dominant career the likes of which we had never seen before. LeBron was on pace to have that same kind of career, and in the end he did, but not one that you can justify putting above Jordan.

LeBron has proven himself to be a better ALL AROUND player than Jordan. Fine. But he has the instances of failure that Jordan doesn't have. He lacks the consistency that Jordan had. He lacks the intensity that made Jordan the GOAT. He lacks the dominance that truly put Jordan above everyone else. And granted, that last one isn't LeBron's fault. It's a pretty well known fact at this point that LeBron's level of competition is greater than what Jordan had to deal with. But that doesn't take away from the accolades that Jordan gained that no other player, including LeBron, would have had if they were in his shoes. Now granted, it's not like LeBron hasn't been shafted a couple times in the accolades department. I still contend to this day that he should have won DOPY in 2013, which is the big notable award missing from his resume and would have made his case stronger. You can definitely argue that he was robbed of the MVP award a couple times as well. Losing his all star teammates to injury in 2015 certainly cost him the title that year. And lord only knows what he could have accomplished in Cleveland if something as simple as keeping Carlos Boozer on the team had happened. But what ifs are irrelevant. If we based it entirely on that, then Jordan's entire GOAT status comes into question since he was lucky Sabonis didn't end up in the NBA in his prime like he was supposed to (and if he did, the Trail Blazers are most certainly the team that dominates the 90s, not the Bulls).

Moral of the story: Yeah, LeBron's the better all around player. But Jordan is the better BASKETBALL player and had a better career. A few more rings from LeBron does not change that.

Manny98
10-08-2021, 05:07 PM
LeBrons GOAT chance ended with the decision and the 2011 finals

The highest he can finish is second, I already have him second tbh but there's nothing he can do anymore to surpass MJ, too late

You pretty much have to have the perfect career and a GOAT level peak to surpass Jordan

LeBron came very close if he didn't shit the bed in 2011 and went on to 3-peat with the heat and go on to win 2 more he would have a strong case

RRR3
10-08-2021, 05:35 PM
Being the second best of all time at something is an incredible accomplishment lol

Axe
10-08-2021, 05:44 PM
Regardless of the circumstances, many of kong's haters continue to forget that he already has four finals mvps under his arsenal lol. The most for someone who played in the modern era.

Dagoods
10-08-2021, 06:56 PM
you're welcome!!!

bullettooth
10-08-2021, 06:59 PM
LeBron's only ever had ONE scoring title?!

WTF???

SaintzFury13
10-08-2021, 07:11 PM
LeBron's only ever had ONE scoring title?!

WTF???

Let's be honest, he could have had more than one if he really wanted to.

Also, this is a minor nitpick, but technically LeBron is a six time all defensive team member, not five. But five of them were first team so I can understand why you did that.

Dagoods
10-08-2021, 07:45 PM
Let's be honest, he could have had more than one if he really wanted to.

Also, this is a minor nitpick, but technically LeBron is a six time all defensive team member, not five. But five of them were first team so I can understand why you did that.

I only count first team.

Full Court
10-08-2021, 08:35 PM
Let's be honest, putting Lebron at #2 is drastically overrating him.

SaintzFury13
10-08-2021, 08:47 PM
Let's be honest, putting Lebron at #2 is drastically overrating him.

Not really. At this point putting LeBron below the top 5 is criminally underrating him, so I don't see how number 2 isn't reasonable.

PWB15
10-08-2021, 08:59 PM
Not really. At this point putting LeBron below the top 5 is criminally underrating him, so I don't see how number 2 isn't reasonable.

Because Magic has 5 rings without leaving

Lebron23
10-08-2021, 09:26 PM
Terrible terrible thread from a fat piece of $hit

TheCorporation
10-08-2021, 09:54 PM
#1.LeBron 7,631

~Gap~

#2. MJ 5,987

Next :lol

SaintzFury13
10-08-2021, 10:25 PM
Because Magic has 5 rings without leaving

So?

2much_knowledge
10-09-2021, 12:53 AM
His ceiling is #2. Thats it, point blank. Make peace with it , move on

Kareem and magic also have a case to be #2. Lebron seems like the logical choice for consensus #2 after he retires.

But thats his ceiling

Dagoods
10-09-2021, 09:22 AM
Why are the Bronsexuals crying about?

ELITEpower23
10-09-2021, 09:45 AM
#1.LeBron 7,631

~Gap~

#2. MJ 5,987

No response :oldlol:

LeKong is #1

SHUT IT DOWN BOIS

:dancin

Full Court
10-09-2021, 09:47 AM
#1.LeBron 7,631

~Gap~

#2. MJ 5,987

Yep, keep on clinging to the one stat you have to tout and pretending it's relevant.

ELITEpower23
10-09-2021, 09:51 AM
Yep, keep on clinging to the one stat you have to tout and pretending it's relevant.

Most game winners? LeBron
Points? LeBron
Steals? LeBron
VORP? LeBron
Modern era finals? LeBron
Modern FMVPs? LeBron
Modern MVPs? LeBron
PER runs over 30? LeBron
Win shares? LeBron
Game 7 performance? LeBron
Elimination game ppg? LeBron

LeBron is comfortably first in everything.

You good chico? :oldlol:

SaintzFury13
10-09-2021, 12:24 PM

It's definitely a relevant stat. Not enough to make him being GOAT cemented in stone, but it's important when understanding his place in historical rankings.

ELITEpower23
10-09-2021, 01:38 PM
Guys? Anyone?

Points? LeBron
Steals? LeBron
VORP? LeBron
Modern FMVPs? LeBron
Modern MVPs? LeBron
PER runs over 30? LeBron
Win shares? LeBron

Is MJ destined to be #2 4E?

2much_knowledge
10-11-2021, 02:11 AM
Guys? Anyone?

Points? LeBron
Steals? LeBron
VORP? LeBron
Modern FMVPs? LeBron
Modern MVPs? LeBron
PER runs over 30? LeBron
Win shares? LeBron

Lol I'll give you game 7 performances and elimination games since Jordan didn't have much experience needing those Lol.

expansionera
10-11-2021, 08:48 AM
Guys? Anyone?

Points? LeBron
Steals? LeBron
VORP? LeBron
Modern FMVPs? LeBron
Modern MVPs? LeBron
PER runs over 30? LeBron
Win shares? LeBron

Thread gets quiet as **** right after this :banana:

MJ is only the GOAT if you were a kid when he was playing and emotionally attached to his storybook career, in reality Lebron is superior in every metric and as a physical specimen on the court

Basically **** Jordan

2much_knowledge
10-11-2021, 09:21 AM

MJ is only the GOAT if you were a kid when he was playing and emotionally attached to his storybook career, in reality Lebron is superior in every metric and as a physical specimen on the court

Basically **** Jordan

" Gets quiet " ....... has a direct response right above lol

Jasper
10-11-2021, 09:46 AM
top 5 and top SF in the history of bball.

/:pimp:

iamgine
10-11-2021, 11:10 AM
#2 all time is quite an accomplishment but a lot of people also has Lebron #1.

Hey Yo
10-11-2021, 11:31 AM

Kareem and magic also have a case to be #2. Lebron seems like the logical choice for consensus #2 after he retires.

But thats his ceiling

LOL @ Magic #2. Dude played zero defense and had no outside shot for the majority of his career.

2much_knowledge
10-11-2021, 01:37 PM
LOL @ Magic #2. Dude played zero defense and had no outside shot for the majority of his career.

Results. He was just a winner. And winning is the object

H.S champ, NCAA champ, Nba champ, finals first year, finals last year. 9 finals in 12 seasons

DoctorP
10-11-2021, 01:58 PM
LeBrons a solid #2 right now but he has reached peak popularity and may be overrated at this point. Some would argue Bird was better at his position alone.

Hey Yo
10-11-2021, 02:11 PM
Results. He was just a winner. And winning is the object

H.S champ, NCAA champ, Nba champ, finals first year, finals last year. 9 finals in 12 seasons
Put him on those Cavs teams from 04-10 or the 80's Clippers and see how much winning he would've done.

BigShotBob
10-11-2021, 05:24 PM
What's Lebron's argument over Kareem?

Lakers Legend#32
10-11-2021, 05:37 PM
Bron will be #1 by the time he retires.

Kobe_Bryant
10-11-2021, 06:03 PM
lebrons resume is amazing if you don't give it any context or asterisks

but then there's reality and hes a ring chaser on fake teams that took steroids and got bailed out every time

dankok8
10-11-2021, 07:05 PM
Lebron's #4 on my list (behind MJ, Russell and Kareem) right now. I can see him over Kareem especially with even more longevity say he plays 22-24 seasons total which I think he will. Kareem in his prime was a bit better than Lebron in his prime but at the end didn't do much with it in terms of carrying teams to titles due to injuries/lack of talent through most of the 70's. But still... his resume isn't unassailable and Lebron could exceed it and get a nod over Kareem. As far as MJ and Russell, those two guys were simply too perfect... too much winning, no failures, and in case of Jordan just insane individual dominance. And I don't buy the era argument that Lebron's era is tougher.

TheCorporation
10-11-2021, 09:04 PM

Basically **** Jordan

+1

MJ fan bois are silent and shaking and I love it :lol

DoctorP
10-11-2021, 09:27 PM

Basically **** Jordan

cuz theres no one here and no one cares :lol

FKAri
10-11-2021, 10:09 PM

But thats his ceiling

Magic has no case as #2. Wilt and Russell have better arguments. And I would be curious to find anyone, who actually watched them in their prime, who puts Magic over Bird. Magic overtook Bird in "rankings" years after both were retired. Some kind of retroactive narrative.

Axe
10-12-2021, 03:45 AM

Basically **** Jordan
Nobody's disputing that he's superior in terms of being an all-round player but it doesn't take away the fact that he still lost in six finals, you cretin.

nayte
10-12-2021, 05:11 AM
It seems he is. Maybe another ring this year might change it but all the voters have spoken.

Dagoods
10-13-2021, 09:40 PM
ONCE agaaaaaain, MJ makes LBJ look like a chump.

LBJ was too "politically correct" when he said that he "would not pressure other players to get vaccinated." Whereas, MJ was quoted yesterday stating that he firmly stands behind in support of NBA Covid protocols.

Why is this the case though? LBJ is the ultimate social warrior justice princess mutant or whatever it is these lads call themselves nowadays. He supports PETA, BLM, Supports Single Moms, and so forth. He kept his mouth shut when it came down to losing millions in CHINA now didn't he? I believe the NETS did the right thing! The NETS have ended the player empowerment movement! They will no longer put up with that DUNCE! I hope that piece of trash retires! He has disgraced the league enough.

ELITEpower23
12-15-2021, 03:15 PM
Guys? Anyone?

Points? LeBron
Steals? LeBron
VORP? LeBron
Modern FMVPs? LeBron
Modern MVPs? LeBron
PER runs over 30? LeBron
Win shares? LeBron

Got real quiet after this

R.I.P. OP

hateraid
12-15-2021, 05:20 PM
Post like OP is what makes this discussion and life in general dull and boring.

GOAT is subjective. In any sport because it's a matter of opinion. There are endless variables and possibilities. Luck abd strategy. Jordaneers are probably the most ignorant in all sports to see that.

bizil
12-15-2021, 05:32 PM
Here's the thing about passing MJ. Team sports wise, MANY consider MJ the GOAT AS WELL!!! As great as Bron is, he's not the GOAT team sports athlete yet! That's THE THING! And why it's so hard to get past MJ. Brady is the only team athlete SINCE MJ's career was over (at least North America wise) you can claim that is on MJ's level GOAT wise. Or in a position to pass him by. Don't know how Bron's career is gonna end. He's a freak of nature we've never seen before. BUT THOSE that claim he's passed MJ at this poit are DELUSIONAL!

Peak-prime wise, some prefer Bron's pass first nature, triple double shit, and positional versatility OVER MJ to start a team with. As of now, that's a BETTER argument to make in Bron's favor! Even though I would still take MJ peak-prime wise. GOAT wise, he still has work to do. BUT all around wise, Bron is INDEED the best player ever. Has been for awhile now. I'm talking his scoring, passing,rebounding, defense, and positional versatility as a package.

Dagoods
12-15-2021, 05:58 PM
Peak? MJ
Two-Way Threat? MJ
Chips? MJ
Personal Awards? MJ
Hotter Wife? MJ

LeBron who? 2nd Best 4E!!!

Dagoods
12-15-2021, 05:59 PM
Post like OP is what makes this discussion and life in general dull and boring.

GOAT is subjective. In any sport because it's a matter of opinion. There are endless variables and possibilities. Luck abd strategy. Jordaneers are probably the most ignorant in all sports to see that.

Stop talking about your sex life, you maggot!

hateraid
12-15-2021, 06:12 PM
Stop talking about your sex life, you maggot!

I sleep with a real woman. Jerking off to an MJ screensaver like yourself does not constitute a sex life

hateraid
12-15-2021, 06:13 PM
Here's the thing about passing MJ. Team sports wise, MANY consider MJ the GOAT AS WELL!!! As great as Bron is, he's not the GOAT team sports athlete yet! That's THE THING! And why it's so hard to get past MJ. Brady is the only team athlete SINCE MJ's career was over (at least North America wise) you can claim that is on MJ's level GOAT wise. Or in a position to pass him by. Don't know how Bron's career is gonna end. He's a freak of nature we've never seen before. BUT THOSE that claim he's passed MJ at this poit are DELUSIONAL!

Peak-prime wise, some prefer Bron's pass first nature, triple double shit, and positional versatility OVER MJ to start a team with. As of now, that's a BETTER argument to make in Bron's favor! Even though I would still take MJ peak-prime wise. GOAT wise, he still has work to do. BUT all around wise, Bron is INDEED the best player ever. Has been for awhile now. I'm talking his scoring, passing,rebounding, defense, and positional versatility as a package.

Nice standard take. But it's delusional to think nobody else can be GOAT.

Dagoods
12-15-2021, 06:17 PM
I sleep with a real woman. Jerking off to an MJ screensaver like yourself does not constitute a sex life

Your cousin doesn't count boy! And I've had more women than you and your father put together. ANd yes, that includes all your imaginary hook ups that come to your mind while you're showering.

BigKobeFan
12-15-2021, 06:31 PM
https://s.yimg.com/ny/api/res/1.2/BX5D3dJXBHUF_NQGH4BrqQ--/YXBwaWQ9aGlnaGxhbmRlcjt3PTk2MDtoPTUxMDtjZj13ZWJw/https://s.yimg.com/uu/api/res/1.2/dKgeKkV2E74fu5Bji7ooCQ--~B/aD03OTc7dz0xNTAwO2FwcGlkPXl0YWNoeW9u/https://media.zenfs.com/en/entertainment_weekly_785/485bc2c43ee3f7b920925804820123f2

He's not even #1 on the toon squad

2much_knowledge
12-15-2021, 06:33 PM
Y.E.S. and thats assuming you put it over Kareem

WhiteKyrie
12-15-2021, 07:49 PM

But thats his ceiling
And this is the honest truth. No shame in it.

If his own rabid child like fan base could accept that, he probably wouldn’t be as polarizing either. Even with his own shameless self promotion and other unlikability.

But yea he has a strong case over everyone else in the history of the game not named Jordan. And that’s ok.

Same way Kobe ending up as 90% of Jordan isn’t shameful at all, as ultimately the second best SG ever.

It’s just the way the basketball cookie crumbled.

Johnny32
12-15-2021, 08:08 PM
he's already arguably the goat. he's scores more efficiently than mj in the regular season and playoffs. better playmaker, better rebounder, more versatile defender. had a far greater role in all of his championships than mj. is easily going to have the better career stats with his insane longevity. if he gets #5 all that's left is the crying.

Baller789
12-15-2021, 09:49 PM
https://s.yimg.com/ny/api/res/1.2/BX5D3dJXBHUF_NQGH4BrqQ--/YXBwaWQ9aGlnaGxhbmRlcjt3PTk2MDtoPTUxMDtjZj13ZWJw/https://s.yimg.com/uu/api/res/1.2/dKgeKkV2E74fu5Bji7ooCQ--~B/aD03OTc7dz0xNTAwO2FwcGlkPXl0YWNoeW9u/https://media.zenfs.com/en/entertainment_weekly_785/485bc2c43ee3f7b920925804820123f2

He's not even #1 on the toon squad

Damn. Accurate.