PDA

View Full Version : Tim Duncan: 5 rings 3 FMVPs 2 MVPs 15 all def selections > KOBE AND SHAQ

k0kakw0rld
10-09-2021, 07:42 AM
The man won 5 rings with Old man Admiral,Tony Parker, Ginobili etc...

Meanwhile, Shaq had Kobe, Wade to help him win his rings and ended up with fewer rings than DUNCAN.
THERE IS NO WAY IN HELL SHAQ SHOULD BE RANKED HIGHER THAN DUNCAN. THE SAME THING APPLIES TO KOBE.

5x champion, 3x fmvp 2x mvp (back-to-back). Kobe and Shaq can not see him.

TOP 5 All TIME
1.Jordan (Greatest SG of all time)
2.LeBron (Greatest SF of all time)
3.Kareem (Greatest C of all time)
4.Magic (Greatest PG of all time)
5.Duncan (Greatest PF of all time)

Bottom 5
----------------------------------
6.Bird
7.Wilt
8.Shaq
9.Hakeem
10. Kobe

rmt
10-09-2021, 08:00 AM

Meanwhile, Shaq had Kobe, Wade to help him win his rings and ended up with fewer rings than DUNCAN.
THERE IS NO WAY IN HELL SHAQ SHOULD BE RANKED HIGHER THAN DUNCAN. THE SAME THING APPLIES TO KOBE.

TOP 5 All TIME
1.Jordan (Greatest SG of all time)
2.LeBron (Greatest SF of all time)
3.Kareem (Greatest C of all time)
4.Magic (Greatest PG of all time)
5.Duncan (Greatest PF of all time)

Bottom 5
6.Bird
7.Wilt
8.Shaq
9.Hakeem
10. Kobe

I like this ranking better than the USA one which had Kobe at 7 and Shaq at 10. I have no beef with anyone who ranks Shaq above Duncan (because his peak was so high) - more so with Kobe over either Shaq or TD - I just don't think he had the impact of the 2 big men.

I think what sets TD apart is his ability to get along with anyone, allow others to grow and develop and eventually let them shine for the good of the team (Manu, Parker, Kawhi) - all of which Shaq and Kobe sucked at.

Phoenix
10-09-2021, 08:25 AM
Tim Duncan is one of the all-time great franchise anchors. In terms of outright peak dominance he's behind Shaq but he has the more decorated career, could play with anyone, beat Shaq and Kobe in 2003 when he had 38 year old Robinson and baby Parker/Ginobli. Plenty of reasons for him to be ranked above both.

Jasper
10-09-2021, 09:47 AM

Bottom 5
6.Bird
7.Wilt
8.Shaq
9.Hakeem
10. Kobe

MANy rate Hakeem and Kobe this high ... Hakeem with 2 rings and Kobe as a ball hog I have no higher than top 20.
I like your top 5 100% ...Duncan was a methodical , fundamental player that proved his worth in the niles of NBA history (.)

Kobe_Bryant
10-09-2021, 12:06 PM
I can't put Timmy ahead of myself sorry.

I beat the crap outa him in the playoffs 4 out if 6 times and 5 if horry hits one shot

I brought the US back from his bronze medal disaster

I was the guy other players idolized and marked on their calanders

I won 5 with half as many chances. he always had a stacked team and great coach.

I would never lose finals mvp to Tony Parker

I wouldn't lose 8 times with the #1 seed

I won back to back 3 times and 3 peated. he never did any of that

I won with no top 75 all time teammate twice. he won with multiple every time

I have more 60 point games than he has 50 point games

I have more 50 point games than he has 40 point games

I have more 50 point games in one week than he has in 19 years

I have more all nba first teams

I have more all defensive first teams

I defended way better scorers. he didn't even wanna guard shaq or other great big men. he got Robinson and rasho to do his job. then finally played slcenter after the position was extinct

i dropped 81 and Duncan said it was a typo and not even possible

I fed my nuts in his face 30 times and proved he was a sh*t rim protector

I was a superstar 1 man show. he was a system player

I was the face of the nba for a decade. he wouldnt even be recognized in sanantonio today if he was sitting down

I had sex with women. his wife exposed his sus behavior with the g*y community

I could do everything on the court. he could do bank shots from 12 feet out

I pulled it together in game 7 and dominated the last 13 minutes in 2010 to save the title. Duncan missed a point blank layup to lose the 2013 nba title

Axe
10-09-2021, 01:24 PM
I can't put Timmy ahead of myself sorry.

I beat the crap outa him in the playoffs 4 out if 6 times and 5 if horry hits one shot

I brought the US back from his bronze medal disaster

I was the guy other players idolized and marked on their calanders

I won 5 with half as many chances. he always had a stacked team and great coach.

I would never lose finals mvp to Tony Parker

I wouldn't lose 8 times with the #1 seed

I won back to back 3 times and 3 peated. he never did any of that

I won with no top 75 all time teammate twice. he won with multiple every time

I have more 60 point games than he has 50 point games

I have more 50 point games than he has 40 point games

I have more 50 point games in one week than he has in 19 years

I have more all nba first teams

I have more all defensive first teams

I defended way better scorers. he didn't even wanna guard shaq or other great big men. he got Robinson and rasho to do his job. then finally played slcenter after the position was extinct

i dropped 81 and Duncan said it was a typo and not even possible

I fed my nuts in his face 30 times and proved he was a sh*t rim protector

I was a superstar 1 man show. he was a system player

I was the face of the nba for a decade. he wouldnt even be recognized in sanantonio today if he was sitting down

I had sex with women. his wife exposed his sus behavior with the g*y community

I could do everything on the court. he could do bank shots from 12 feet out

I pulled it together in game 7 and dominated the last 13 minutes in 2010 to save the title. Duncan missed a point blank layup to lose the 2013 nba title
It took timmy only one finals to garner his first finals mvp award unlike you.

SouBeachTalents
10-09-2021, 01:40 PM
Being THIS adamant about it, like Shaq has zero argument when the two of them are ranked in the same tier on virtually every list, is retarded.

Rysio
10-09-2021, 02:28 PM
Nah this just a case of one of those worse players having better accolades is all.

beasted
10-09-2021, 02:50 PM
How is Russell not in a top 10 list?

HBK_Kliq_2
10-09-2021, 03:02 PM
Duncan got outplayed in the finals by manu in 2005, tony parker in 2007, kawhi in 2014.

Shaq from 2000-2002 was never outplayed by anybody in the finals. Shaq in 2000 finals averaged about 36PPG! Duncan has never even scored 36 in a finals game hahahaha

10-09-2021, 03:03 PM
Duncan got outplayed in the finals by manu in 2005, tony parker in 2007, kawhi in 2014.

Shaq from 2000-2002 was never outplayed by anybody in the finals. Shaq in 2000 finals averaged about 36PPG! Duncan has never even scored 36 in a finals game hahahaha
Duncan led 9 elite teams in VORP

SouBeachTalents
10-09-2021, 03:05 PM

Lol, see you changed this up from 37 when I pointed out Kawhi has never scored 37 points past the 2nd round in his entire 10 year career

RRR3
10-09-2021, 03:16 PM
Lol, see you changed this up from 37 when I pointed out Kawhi has never scored 37 points past the 2nd round in his entire 10 year career
Jesus Christ LeBron has averaged more than that in an entire series lmao. And it was in the ECF too lol

HBK_Kliq_2
10-09-2021, 03:24 PM

Kawhi had the greatest scoring playoff run in NBA history and played with a bunch of role players. 732 points on 62% TS and played with nobody even 1/3 as good as Kobe.

HBK_Kliq_2
10-09-2021, 03:25 PM
Duncan led 9 elite teams in VORP

He was a very good regular season defensive anchor. Today's era he would be Rudy gobert.

HBK_Kliq_2
10-09-2021, 03:37 PM
Jesus Christ LeBron has averaged more than that in an entire series lmao. And it was in the ECF too lol

I hope so, you were playing f'n avery bradley in the 2017 east finals HAHAHAHAHAHA holy shit

https://www.basketball-reference.com/boxscores/201905230MIL.html

meanwhile, kawhi had the greatest eastern conference finals game in NBA history when he destroyed Giannis.

Imagine going against a team led by Giannis vs a team led by Avery Bradley

10-09-2021, 03:42 PM
https://www.basketball-reference.com/playoffs/2009-nba-eastern-conference-finals-magic-vs-cavaliers.html

SouBeachTalents
10-09-2021, 03:43 PM
I hope so, you were playing f'n avery bradley in the 2017 east finals HAHAHAHAHAHA holy shit

meanwhile, kawhi had the greatest eastern conference finals game in NBA history when he destroyed Giannis.

Nah

https://www.basketball-reference.com/boxscores/200705310DET.html

https://www.basketball-reference.com/boxscores/201206070BOS.html

SaintzFury13
10-09-2021, 03:51 PM

Kawhi was on pace to lose that series against Giannis until VanVleet was inserted into the starting line up.

Imagine needing VanVleet to save you from elimination.

HBK_Kliq_2
10-09-2021, 03:55 PM
https://www.basketball-reference.com/playoffs/2009-nba-eastern-conference-finals-magic-vs-cavaliers.html

losing to dwight with a similar supporting cast, embarrassing.

HBK_Kliq_2
10-09-2021, 03:56 PM
Kawhi was on pace to lose that series against Giannis until VanVleet was inserted into the starting line up.

Imagine needing VanVleet to save you from elimination.

https://www.basketball-reference.com/boxscores/201905190TOR.html

like game 3 when kawhi had 36 points and scored every overtime point and Vanvleet had 3 points on 1\11 shooting? oh yeah i remember that.

HBK_Kliq_2
10-09-2021, 03:57 PM
Nah

https://www.basketball-reference.com/boxscores/200705310DET.html

https://www.basketball-reference.com/boxscores/201206070BOS.html

beating prime MVP Giannis > washed up rasheed or KG

10-09-2021, 03:57 PM
losing to dwight with a similar supporting cast, embarrassing.
Kawhi legit blew a 3-1 lead to slowkic

PWB15
10-09-2021, 04:09 PM
The knock against Duncan is he was never able to repeat

SaintzFury13
10-09-2021, 05:46 PM
https://www.basketball-reference.com/boxscores/201905190TOR.html

like game 3 when kawhi had 36 points and scored every overtime point and Vanvleet had 3 points on 1\11 shooting? oh yeah i remember that.

Yeah, now look what happened when VanVleet actually was inserted in the starting line up and tell me what the results were. Overtime wasn't even necessary at that point.

baudkarma
10-09-2021, 06:17 PM
Manu and Tony are both going into the HOF. So is Pop. Pretending that Duncan led the Spurs to multiple titles despite no help from his teammates is just wrong. Duncan had a tremendous impact on the Spurs winning culture, and without him it's quite possible that Tony and Manu would have never had a chance to show that they belonged in the NBA. But he was hardly alone out there on the court.

rmt
10-09-2021, 06:18 PM

That Manu foul on Dirk probably prevented a 3-peat - Spurs had Suns number and Wade/Shaq? - I think Spurs would have won.

Not to mention Fisher's 0.4 - but not as sure vs Pistons who were a handful in 05. In 04 - Manu was a 2nd year player.

Oh, so close but I'm happy with the way things turned out.

Phoenix
10-09-2021, 06:23 PM
Between this jackass HBK Klit and Kenny impersonating Kobe's spirit, this board really has hit the bottom of the barrel.

rmt
10-09-2021, 06:23 PM
Manu and Tony are both going into the HOF. So is Pop. Pretending that Duncan led the Spurs to multiple titles despite no help from his teammates is just wrong. Duncan had a tremendous impact on the Spurs winning culture, and without him it's quite possible that Tony and Manu would have never had a chance to show that they belonged in the NBA. But he was hardly alone out there on the court.

No one is claiming that he had no help from team mates - who wins without help from team mates? Not even MJ.

Phoenix
10-09-2021, 06:24 PM

Perhaps, but how many all-time greats were vital to championship teams 15 years apart( 99 and 2014)? There's something to be said for that IMO.

Axe
10-10-2021, 08:20 AM
Kawhi had the greatest scoring playoff run in NBA history and played with a bunch of role players. 732 points on 62% TS and played with nobody even 1/3 as good as Kobe.
He also blew a 3-1 lead after choking in an elimination game despite being heavily favored that time.

Axe
10-10-2021, 08:22 AM
No one is claiming that he had no help from team mates - who wins without help from team mates? Not even MJ.
Lebron aka king kong apparently. I like him but it's hilarious when there are retards who call him 'god'.

Nowitness
10-10-2021, 09:37 AM
He won 4 rings without a teammate making an All-NBA team.

Magic and Bird did it twice, but played when there were only 2 All-NBA teams.

No other player has done it more than once. Kobe never did it.

Top 5 without question. Only MJ and LBJ were the clear cut best players on more title teams.

tanibanana
10-10-2021, 07:06 PM
Solid top-5, but you need to always include the man with the 11-rings, 5-MVP, perhaps around 8-FMVP & 6-DPOYs, had those were already established that time, in your top-10.

k0kakw0rld
10-11-2021, 11:45 AM
I like this ranking better than the USA one which had Kobe at 7 and Shaq at 10. I have no beef with anyone who ranks Shaq above Duncan (because his peak was so high) - more so with Kobe over either Shaq or TD - I just don't think he had the impact of the 2 big men.

I think what sets TD apart is his ability to get along with anyone, allow others to grow and develop and eventually let them shine for the good of the team (Manu, Parker, Kawhi) - all of which Shaq and Kobe sucked at.
The last paragraph is the main reason why I have him over them both.

k0kakw0rld
10-11-2021, 11:59 AM
Nah this just a case of one of those worse players having better accolades is all.

You don't know nothing about basketball.

Duncan has beaten some of the greatest teams ever in the playoffs and the finals. He beat Shaq and Kobe. He beat The Bad Boys Pistons, he beat LeBron James, he beat Russ/Kd/Harden. He also has beaten the Miami big 3. He has beaten the GSW in 2014 and if it wasn't for Kawhi getting injured by Zaza he would've beaten as well in 2015

Rysio
10-11-2021, 12:32 PM

Duncan has beaten some of the greatest teams ever in the playoffs and the finals. He beat Shaq and Kobe. He beat The Bad Boys Pistons, he beat LeBron James, he beat Russ/Kd/Harden. He also has beaten the Miami big 3. He has beaten the GSW in 2014 and if it wasn't for Kawhi getting injured by Zaza he would've beaten as well in 2015

14 and 15 lmao Duncan was a fossil back then.

Hey Yo
10-11-2021, 01:02 PM

Nobody referred to the 2005 Pistons as "the bad boys." That phased out in the early 90's

2much_knowledge
10-11-2021, 02:39 PM
Why Duncan as great as he was, was never ever able to defend none of his championships?

He has no excuse for that. Being able to three peat or repeat is valuable

Horatio33
10-11-2021, 03:11 PM
14 and 15 lmao Duncan was a fossil back then.

Duncan was all NBA 3rd team and 2nd team all defence in 2015.

Sulico
10-11-2021, 03:20 PM

What the hell are you talking about?

k0kakw0rld
10-11-2021, 04:21 PM
Solid top-5, but you need to always include the man with the 11-rings, 5-MVP, perhaps around 8-FMVP & 6-DPOYs, had those were already established that time, in your top-10.

Yeah the man who played with 10 hall of famers.

k0kakw0rld
10-11-2021, 04:23 PM
What the hell are you talking about?
Spurs were up by 20+ vs GSW before Kawhi went down in 2015.

Sulico
10-11-2021, 05:17 PM

Maybe in your imaginary world.

In real world they lost to the Clippers in 1st round.

HBK_Kliq_2
10-11-2021, 06:24 PM

You're thinking of 2017 when kawhi was single handedly destroying warriors by himself until Durant and zaza had to cheap shot him.

2015 spurs would of won the championship as well but old man non athletic Duncan let midget Chris Paul make a game winner over him.

HBK_Kliq_2
10-11-2021, 06:25 PM
He also blew a 3-1 lead after choking in an elimination game despite being heavily favored that time.

Heavily favored they had like 1 more win. That was in a prison bubble with no fans, it doesn't count. Most players wanted to get the hell out of there. Lakers and clippers players both voted to leave the bubble.

rmt
10-11-2021, 07:03 PM
2015 spurs would of won the championship as well but old man non athletic Duncan let midget Chris Paul make a game winner over him.

Why don't you tell the whole story? Where was Kawhi in that game while the non-athletic, old man more than doubled his score?

vs 2015 Clippers - game 7
Duncan 27 pts 11 rebs 1 asst 68.8%FG
Kawhi 13 pts 10 rebs 1 asst 38.5%FG

HBK_Kliq_2
10-11-2021, 07:20 PM
Why don't you tell the whole story? Where was Kawhi in that game while the non-athletic, old man more than doubled his score?

vs 2015 Clippers - game 7
Duncan 27 pts 11 rebs 1 asst 68.8%FG
Kawhi 13 pts 10 rebs 1 asst 38.5%FG

Next time give the ball to kawhi more instead of ball hogging and posting up like its 1998. Duncan took kawhi out of rhythm with that bullshit. Kawhi is by far the better offensive player then Duncan and Duncan should of understood that.

Having said all that, kawhi still led the series in PPG. You just lost because you let a guy a foot shorter then you make a game winner on you. If only you had the athleticism to jump over a phone book.

rmt
10-11-2021, 07:48 PM
Next time give the ball to kawhi more instead of ball hogging and posting up like its 1998. Duncan took kawhi out of rhythm with that bullshit. Kawhi is by far the better offensive player then Duncan and Duncan should of understood that.

Having said all that, kawhi still led the series in PPG. You just lost because you let a guy a foot shorter then you make a game winner on you. If only you had the athleticism to jump over a phone book.

Give up the ball to Kawhi when he is shooting 35.8%FG and TD is shooting 68.8%FG in that game?

For that entire series:
Kawhi 20.3 pts 7.4 rebs 2.6 asst 1.1 stl 47.7%FG
Duncan 17.9 pts 11.1 rebs 3.3 asst 1.3 stl 1.4 blks 58.9%FG
Parker 10.9 pts 3.3 rebs 3.6 asst 36.3%FG
Manu 8 pts 3.4 rebs 4.6 asst 34.9%FG

At least Duncan (38 years old) and Manu (37) have age excuse. What's the excuse for 23 year old Kawhi in game 7? And it's Parker (32) who should not be averaging 10.9 points in the playoffs and Danny Green who lost Chris Paul:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zkpv8Qv_x_U

Axe
10-12-2021, 03:47 AM
That happened in 2015? :yaohappy:

Axe
10-12-2021, 03:48 AM
Heavily favored they had like 1 more win. That was in a prison bubble with no fans, it doesn't count. Most players wanted to get the hell out of there. Lakers and clippers players both voted to leave the bubble.
Deflection. Biggest all-time choke in an elimination game.