PDA

View Full Version : Scottie Pippen outplayed Michael head-to-head :lol

expansionera
10-09-2021, 01:37 PM
“I feel I was a little bit more ready for this game. I knew there was a lot of attention being brought to it, and I wanted to answer.”

-Scottie Pippen

On Tuesday, December 10, 2002, the Michael Jordan vs. Scottie Pippen matchup finally took place as the Washington Wizards hosted the Portland Trailblazers. The two men who were teammates for more than a decade were finally going to hit an NBA floor as opponents.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RKXHDJpRr3U&t=11s

Scottie Pippen had a nice overall game, scoring 14 points on 6-for-7 shooting with seven rebounds and five assists. At certain points, he looked like he did in his prime, directing traffic and whipping passes around while playing fantastic defense. Portland played well that night. Washington certainly did not and got blown out, 98-79. Michael Jordan scored just 14 points on 6-for-10 shooting.

Michael Jordan, who certainly never liked to lose, knew that he’d have to take a little heat following the loss to his former sidekick.

“I know Pip, and I know he wanted to come out and play well. Believe me, I wanted to come out and play well, too. His horses were ready, and my mules were sick. I have to take some razzing for the time being.”

-Michael Jordan

Have any other purportedly all time great players been directly outplayed and humiliated by their former teammates?

Axe
10-09-2021, 01:39 PM
Oh wow, first thread ever made by this dup. What an achievement.

ELITEpower23
10-09-2021, 01:41 PM
What an embarrassment for the MJ stain club.

It's obviously to everyone but them that MJ needed Pippen. He was a paltry 1-9 after all prior to LePippen's arrival.

ArbitraryWater
10-09-2021, 02:14 PM
my mules were sick?

10-09-2021, 03:22 PM
Mickey Jordan

JohnMax
10-09-2021, 03:26 PM
Daily reminder that Michael Jordan was 1-9 in the playoffs without Pippen and then couldn’t even make the playoffs when he went to the Wizards

kuniva_dAMiGhTy
10-09-2021, 03:31 PM
Jordan's entire career was exposed because of this one game. At 40 years old and one month into the season.

The more you know...

expansionera
10-09-2021, 05:05 PM
Jordan's entire career was exposed because of this one game. At 40 years old and one month into the season.

The more you know...

Scottie was 38 years old without multiple retirements :lol

2much_knowledge
10-11-2021, 01:42 AM
Very impressive and relevant!

Notice the sarcasm

Bawkish
10-11-2021, 02:16 AM
Pip went all out horses while MJ had an off-day

Both scored 14 points

Axe
10-11-2021, 02:25 AM
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=2YYNPnql9YI

SATAN
10-11-2021, 02:52 AM
Very impressive and relevant!

Notice the sarcasm

Meltdown.

expansionera
10-11-2021, 08:18 AM
Pip went all out horses while MJ had an off-day

Both scored 14 points

MJ fans literally can not understand there are ways to contribute to basketball outside of points per game, that’s why Lebron can put up 29/9/9 in a series while Jordan goes for like 30/4/4 and stans will say Jordan had the more impactful game

That’s also why Jordan’s ass could not get out the first round without Scottie playing all the defense, doing all the playmaking and grabbing up all the ****ing rebounds

tpols
10-11-2021, 08:39 AM
The early 2000s blazers were far more talented than the shitty wizards. Not really a surprise...

2much_knowledge
10-11-2021, 09:25 AM
MJ fans literally can not understand there are ways to contribute to basketball outside of points per game, that’s why Lebron can put up 29/9/9 in a series while Jordan goes for like 30/4/4 and stans will say Jordan had the more impactful game

That’s also why Jordan’s ass could not get out the first round without Scottie playing all the defense, doing all the playmaking and grabbing up all the ****ing rebounds

Extra numbers don't mean shit if you don't win

You obsessed with losers with numbers?

Top 3 all time? Lebron, Wilt, Westbrook? Lol

expansionera
10-11-2021, 09:29 AM
Extra numbers don't mean shit if you don't win

You obsessed with losers with numbers?

Top 3 all time? Lebron, Wilt, Westbrook? Lol

1-9

2much_knowledge
10-11-2021, 01:41 PM
1-9

No rookie gonna win vs Peak Boston. Especially with no team. Its called logic

expansionera
10-11-2021, 02:01 PM
No rookie gonna win vs Peak Boston. Especially with no team. Its called logic

Yeah I must have forgot the all time great Milwaukee Bucks led by Craig Hodges

Bronbron23
10-11-2021, 02:31 PM

Sorry no bro. during the years they played together in the post season pip usually had less assists and only 1-2 more rebounds. Mj also has more defensive teams and more dpoys.

If your gonna troll at least try to act like you know what your talking about:facepalm

2much_knowledge
10-11-2021, 02:34 PM
Yeah I must have forgot the all time great Milwaukee Bucks led by Craig Hodges

Now you're just asking to get buried

Fun fact: 1985 Bucks 59 - 23 , 2007 Spurs 58 - 24 , 2013 Spurs 58 - 24 , 2018 Warrios 58 - 24

So lebron got swept twice by a team with less wins than the Craig hodges bucks lol

expansionera
10-11-2021, 02:38 PM
Sorry no bro. during the years they played together in the post season pip usually had less assists and only 1-2 more rebounds. Mj also has more defensive teams and more dpoys.

If your gonna troll at least try to act like you know what your talking about:facepalm

Pippen led Jordan in assist, rebounds, steals and blocks during all six of their Finals runs. If Jordan received more media awards it had far less to do with his defensive impact in the actual game and more to do with the media fellating their Golden child.

Not only that but disgraced ref Tim Doghnahy and Jordan himself went on the record expressing the leagues preference for Jordan at the line. Why would this not extend to media votes in a league literally devoted to showcasing Jordan 24/7?

expansionera
10-11-2021, 02:39 PM
Now you're just asking to get buried

Fun fact: 1985 Bucks 59 - 23 , 2007 Spurs 58 - 24 , 2013 Spurs 58 - 24 , 2018 Warrios 58 - 24

So lebron got swept twice by a team with less wins than the Craig hodges bucks lol

There you have it folks, it is better to lose in the first round to a team that does not win a title than lose in the Finals to the champion :applause:

Essentially what’s more important than progressing in the playoffs (an impossibility for Jordan without Pippen) is keeping your Finals record spotless by not participating to begin with

Bronbron23
10-11-2021, 03:10 PM
Pippen led Jordan in assist, rebounds, steals and blocks during all six of their Finals runs. If Jordan received more media awards it had far less to do with his defensive impact in the actual game and more to do with the media fellating their Golden child.

Not only that but disgraced ref Tim Doghnahy and Jordan himself went on the record expressing the leagues preference for Jordan at the line. Why would this not extend to media votes in a league literally devoted to showcasing Jordan 24/7?

Well unfortunately for you and your lies there's this little thing called facts that disagrees. Not sure when u say finals run if you mean just finals or whole playoff run but either way your lying or misinformed.

1991 finals: mj 11.4 assists>pip 6.6 assists
1997 finals mj 6 assists>pip 3.5 assists

Here's the numbers for entire championship playoff runs:

1991 playoffs: mj 8.4 assists>pip 5.8 assists
1993 playoffs: mj 6 assists>pip 5.6 assists
1997 playoffs: mj 4.8 assists>pip 3.8 assists

As far as blocks and steals mj had more blocks in 91 total playoffs and more of both blocks and assists in 91 finals. Didn't check the rest of the finals because the first year i checked already proved what u said wrong.

Nice try though

expansionera
10-11-2021, 04:12 PM
Well unfortunately for you and your lies there's this little thing called facts that disagrees. Not sure when u say finals run if you mean just finals or whole playoff run but either way your lying or misinformed.

1991 finals: mj 11.4 assists>pip 6.6 assists
1997 finals mj 6 assists>pip 3.5 assists

Here's the numbers for entire championship playoff runs:

1991 playoffs: mj 8.4 assists>pip 5.8 assists
1993 playoffs: mj 6 assists>pip 5.6 assists
1997 playoffs: mj 4.8 assists>pip 3.8 assists

As far as blocks and steals mj had more blocks in 91 total playoffs and more of both blocks and assists in 91 finals. Didn't check the rest of the finals because the first year i checked already proved what u said wrong.

Nice try though

Playoff cumulative totals through their six finals runs

Pips assist 642 > MJ’s 622
Pip’s rebounds 908 > MJ’s 719
Pip’s steals 244 > MJ’s 218
Pip’s blocks 111 > MJ’s 91

The absolute fact Jordan needed another man to carry him in EVERY aspect of the game aside from isolation scoring (not impressive given the volume of free throws Jordan shot in a league where David Stern wanted to best promote Jordan brand) is absolutely pathetic. Imagine if Lebron had this kind of help literally every single trip to the Finals and NEVER made it out without the main contributor to the Bulls

No Pip
No chip

Bronbron23
10-11-2021, 04:28 PM
Playoff cumulative totals through their six finals runs

Pips assist 642 > MJ’s 622
Pip’s rebounds 908 > MJ’s 719
Pip’s steals 244 > MJ’s 218
Pip’s blocks 111 > MJ’s 91

The absolute fact Jordan needed another man to carry him in EVERY aspect of the game aside from isolation scoring (not impressive given the volume of free throws Jordan shot in a league where David Stern wanted to best promote Jordan brand) is absolutely pathetic. Imagine if Lebron had this kind of help literally every single trip to the Finals and NEVER made it out without the main contributor to the Bulls

No Pip
No chip

That's not what you said but way to change it up after you've been proven wrong. You fit right in with the rest of the bron stans on here.

As far as no pip no chip no shit dummy. You can say that for any players second best player. You think bron wons without kyrie in 16 Or without wade in 12 and 13? What about davis a couple years ago? Every player needs help dummy.

Is that really your argument? That mj needed help? Great job buddy your really on to something with this one:facepalm

2much_knowledge
10-11-2021, 08:52 PM
There you have it folks, it is better to lose in the first round to a team that does not win a title than lose in the Finals to the champion :applause:

Essentially what’s more important than progressing in the playoffs (an impossibility for Jordan without Pippen) is keeping your Finals record spotless by not participating to begin with

And apparently its better to miss the playoffs twice than to get eliminated in the first round too!

Axe
10-12-2021, 03:37 AM
That's not what you said but way to change it up after you've been proven wrong. You fit right in with the rest of the bron stans on here.

As far as no pip no chip no shit dummy. You can say that for any players second best player. You think bron wons without kyrie in 16 Or without wade in 12 and 13? What about davis a couple years ago? Every player needs help dummy.

Is that really your argument? That mj needed help? Great job buddy your really on to something with this one:facepalm
Sup TheGoatest