PDA

View Full Version : 2017 east finals Lebron had Irving\Love and beat Avery Bradley and Jae Crowder

HBK_Kliq_2
10-09-2021, 03:41 PM
https://www.basketball-reference.com/playoffs/2017-nba-eastern-conference-finals-cavaliers-vs-celtics.html

What an accomplishment wow. Lebron had Irving 26PPG on 76% TS and Kevin Love 23PPG on 69% TS.

What was it all for? So he can get through Avery Bradley and Jae Crowder. How did he get through that type of competition? Bradley and Crowder are no pushovers.

I mean Kawhi has to go through guys like Giannis and i thought that was tough, Bradley\Jae duo though? Even Jordan\Pippen couldn't lace that duo's sneakers.

SouBeachTalents
10-09-2021, 03:45 PM
2021 west finals Kawhi....oh yeah, the Clips made it without him :lol

RRR3
10-09-2021, 03:47 PM
:roll:

HBK_Kliq_2
10-09-2021, 03:51 PM

Made it without him? George would of been eliminated in 1st round like he has been the last 5 years. Kawhi led the entire playoffs in offensive win shares and led clippers in VORP, don't give me that made it without him bullshit.

HBK_Kliq_2
10-09-2021, 03:51 PM

Tristin Thompson the 4th option matched celtics best player in GmSc.

Lebron fans actually brag about this shit wow

SouBeachTalents
10-09-2021, 03:56 PM
Made it without him? George would of been eliminated in 1st round like he has been the last 5 years. Kawhi led the entire playoffs in offensive win shares and led clippers in VORP, don't give me that made it without him bullshit.
Yes. They won in Utah in Game 5, something Kawhi couldn't accomplish in the first 2 games. Then they clinched the franchises first conference finals in Game 6, something Kawhi failed spectacularly to do on 3 separate occasions the year before despite having a double digit lead in every game.

RRR3
10-09-2021, 04:04 PM

LeBron beat a 73 win team. Kawhi blew a 3-1 lead to 7’1 Windhorst.

10-09-2021, 04:05 PM
Frankly, with all the drama they bring, I would consider Kyrie Irving and Kevin Love to be team negatives anyway

3ba11
10-09-2021, 04:27 PM
https://www.basketball-reference.com/playoffs/2017-nba-eastern-conference-finals-cavaliers-vs-celtics.html

What an accomplishment wow. Lebron had Irving 26PPG on 76% TS and Kevin Love 23PPG on 69% TS.

What was it all for? So he can get through Avery Bradley and Jae Crowder. How did he get through that type of competition? Bradley and Crowder are no pushovers.

I mean Kawhi has to go through guys like Giannis and i thought that was tough, Bradley\Jae duo though? Even Jordan\Pippen couldn't lace that duo's sneakers.

There are MANY examples of this since "the decision" - the 2016 ECF was the same way - Avery Bradley and Crowder were the gatekeepers.. And Lebron only needed 22 ppg to win the 2014 East (Wade was equal-scoring partner with 20/5/5 on 48%)

The super-team Heat and Cavs defeated many teams THAT DIDN'T HAVE A 1ST OPTION!! TEAMS OF ROLE PLAYERS!!

RRR3
10-09-2021, 04:31 PM
Snivelball

tpols
10-09-2021, 05:16 PM
Damn... Kyrie was ridiculous. 26 ppg on 76 TS. Unbelievable. He also outplayed the only UMVP in NBA history H2H and was MVP of All Star games and FIBA. One of the best peak point guard talents ever.

tpols
10-09-2021, 05:18 PM
There are MANY examples of this since "the decision" - the 2016 ECF was the same way - Avery Bradley and Crowder were the gatekeepers.. And Lebron only needed 22 ppg to win the 2014 East (Wade was equal-scoring partner with 20/5/5 on 48%)

The super-team Heat and Cavs defeated many teams THAT DIDN'T HAVE A 1ST OPTION!! TEAMS OF ROLE PLAYERS!!

Bran stans hyped up that 2018 run where he almost lost to Oladipo and ROOKIE Tatum as some great run lmao. And then got blown out and swept by Curry and the dubs.

1987_Lakers
10-09-2021, 05:24 PM
Bran stans hyped up that 2018 run where he almost lost to Oladipo and ROOKIE Tatum as some great run lmao. And then got blown out and swept by Curry and the dubs.

Sort of how you hyped up Siakam saying he was better than Giannis.

SouBeachTalents
10-09-2021, 05:25 PM
Funny though how that Celtics team led by ROOKIE Tatum made it much further in the playoffs than they did the next year with one of the best peak point guard talents ever. In fact, the only year Boston failed to make the conference finals from '17-'20 was with Kyrie :lol

tpols
10-09-2021, 05:28 PM
Funny though how that Celtics team led by ROOKIE Tatum made it much further in the playoffs than they did the next year with one of the best peak point guard talents ever. In fact, the only year Boston failed to make the conference finals from '17-'20 was with Kyrie :lol

Kyrie was hurt in Boston. They looked great before he got injured. That's really his only problem... he's not a strong guy... made of glass basically. Can barely dunk if at all. But is still one of the craftiest finishers and dribblers ever at his position on top of being a sniper shooter. Peak Kyrie can literally hang with any point guard of all time besides magic johnson (who had the frame of a power forward so its unfair).

SaintzFury13
10-09-2021, 05:29 PM

Who the hell is bragging about the Cavaliers beating the Celtics in 2017? Who? Give me an example of someone bringing that up when discussing how great LeBron is in the playoffs. I guarantee you no one ever sites that series and for good reason.

SaintzFury13
10-09-2021, 05:31 PM
Kyrie was hurt in Boston. They looked great before he got injured. That's really his only problem... he's not a strong guy... made of glass basically. Can barely dunk if at all. But is still one of the craftiest finishers and dribblers ever at his position on top of being a sniper shooter. Peak Kyrie can literally hang with any point guard of all time besides magic johnson (who had the frame of a power forward so its unfair).

The Celtics played better without Irving, and this is a well known fact. They became better defensively and their offense became more well balanced without Irving ****ing up a lot of their possessions. Irving is an incredible scoring PG but his style of play has always been detrimental to his teams.

tpols
10-09-2021, 05:36 PM
The Celtics played better without Irving, and this is a well known fact. They became better defensively and their offense became more well balanced without Irving ****ing up a lot of their possessions. Irving is an incredible scoring PG but his style of play has always been detrimental to his teams.

Was it detrimental when he totally outplayed UMVP Curry to win a title hanging Wilt statlines?

Youre clowning.

1987_Lakers
10-09-2021, 05:37 PM

Yea, Celtics were something like 26-11 without him in the regular season (58 win pace) and even made a conference finals without him.

With Kyrie? Only 78-49 regular season record, equivalent to a 50 win team and they got bounced early in the playoffs with him.

SaintzFury13
10-09-2021, 05:40 PM

Was it detrimental when he totally outplayed UMVP Curry to win a title hanging Wilt statlines?

Youre clowning.

Wilt statlines? And you're claiming I'm clowning?

And considering how he shot his team out of game 1, got lit up in that same game and 4, AND almost cost his team a crucial possession after Love locked down Curry in game 7, yes, it was detrimental. What Kyrie did on the Cavs is not comparable to Boston because guess what? He wasn't the main guy in Cleveland. LeBron was. That's the difference between a top three all time great and a literal cancer like Irving.

TheCorporation
10-09-2021, 05:45 PM

Shut. It. Down.:roll::roll:

1987_Lakers
10-09-2021, 05:49 PM
I still remember old posters like stalker hyping up Kyrie after he left Cleveland, saying LeBron was holding him back and he was gonna show just how great of a player he was in Boston, that didn't go so well.

tpols
Wilt statlines? And you're claiming I'm clowning?

And considering how he shot his team out of game 1, got lit up in that same game and 4, AND almost cost his team a crucial possession after Love locked down Curry in game 7, yes, it was detrimental. What Kyrie did on the Cavs is not comparable to Boston because guess what? He wasn't the main guy in Cleveland. LeBron was. That's the difference between a top three all time great and a literal cancer like Irving.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/ClArCksWQAQ_EqP.jpg

Yes you are a clown. With the red nose, makeup, big shoes and all. To claim 2016 Kyrie was a cancer makes you that.

SouBeachTalents
If you pair Kyrie up with a LeBron/Durant/Kawhi BITW caliber player, he can be absolutely lethal as the teams secondary scorer. And esp in the case with LeBron, he didn't have to worry about playmaking or being the teams main facilitator, which is why (when healthy) he thrived in Cleveland.

But let's be real about Kyrie. He's a fringe top 10 player/superstar level player at best. He's probably the worst locker room presence since Ron Artest, straight up missing games for absolutely no reason. And worst of all, he is legitimately incapable of staying healthy. For all the props he deserves for 2016, he cost the Cavs another potential title in 2015 and the Nets an almost certain one last year. He's an extremely talented player & scorer, but if not in the right situation he's way more trouble than he's worth.

1987_Lakers
10-09-2021, 05:54 PM

Yes you are a clown. With the red nose, makeup, big shoes and all. To claim 2016 Kyrie was a cancer makes you that.

Wilt in that game also had 27 rebounds.

HBK_Kliq_2
10-09-2021, 05:58 PM
Who the hell is bragging about the Cavaliers beating the Celtics in 2017? Who? Give me an example of someone bringing that up when discussing how great LeBron is in the playoffs. I guarantee you no one ever sites that series and for good reason.

I've seen lebron fans constantly praise 2017 as some offensive peak god playoff run. Also always bragging about finals appearances

HBK_Kliq_2
10-09-2021, 06:00 PM
If you pair Kyrie up with a LeBron/Durant/Kawhi BITW caliber player, he can be absolutely lethal as the teams secondary scorer. And esp in the case with LeBron, he didn't have to worry about playmaking or being the teams main facilitator, which is why (when healthy) he thrived in Cleveland.

But let's be real about Kyrie. He's a fringe top 10 player/superstar level player at best. He's probably the worst locker room presence since Ron Artest, straight up missing games for absolutely no reason. And worst of all, he is legitimately incapable of staying healthy. For all the props he deserves for 2016, he cost the Cavs another potential title in 2015 and the Nets an almost certain one last year. He's an extremely talented player & scorer, but if not in the right situation he's way more trouble than he's worth.

Curry doesn't ever have to worry about being the teams playmaker either, that's draymond. Curry was only the lead playmaker during the mark Jackson era.

So if you look at who is the best offensive point guard playoff player in this era, kyrie is on that same level as curry.

1987_Lakers
10-09-2021, 06:02 PM
So if you look at who is the best offensive point guard playoff player in this era, kyrie is on that same level as curry.

lol, no.

HBK_Kliq_2
10-09-2021, 06:10 PM
lol, no.

2016 finals was the best finals ever and it's not even close. He had lebron but love was a piece of shit in those finals. While curry had Durant who is equal to lebron + klay + draymond.

Irving 2016 blows away curry 2015 or 2016 finals performances

1987_Lakers
10-09-2021, 06:11 PM
2016 finals was the best finals ever and it's not even close. He had lebron but love was a piece of shit in those finals. While curry had Durant who is equal to lebron + klay + draymond.

Curry had KD in 2016? News to me.

SaintzFury13
10-09-2021, 06:15 PM

Statlines...STATLINES.

That implies it happened multiple times.

You gave me ONE stateline. One. And it's simply comparing Kyrie's scoring performance.

Imagine being this stupid. Jesus christ.

SaintzFury13
10-09-2021, 06:16 PM

Irving 2016 blows away curry 2015 or 2016 finals performances

So you're now resorting to making up obvious bullshit to try to prove your point. This is 3ball levels of posting I never thought would be reachable but here we are.

HBK_Kliq_2
10-09-2021, 06:20 PM
So you're now resorting to making up obvious bullshit to try to prove your point. This is 3ball levels of posting I never thought would be reachable but here we are.

Curry never hit the biggest shot of a game 7, sorry.

He pisses himself in game 7 finals

3ba11
10-09-2021, 06:23 PM
You gave me ONE stateline. One.

Kyrie matched Lebron's scoring for the entire 2016 Playoffs, while Wade and AD outscored Lebron in the 11' and 20 Playoffs - so Lebron needs an equal-scoring partner that is capable of matching or exceeding his playoff scoring average.

Don't feel embarassed that Lebron needs equal-scoring partners because everyone in history needed a teammate to match or exceed their playoff scoring for most of their rings, while MJ averaged at least 10 more than teammates in every SERIES... This includes the Finals, where Jordan averaged 10-20 more than Pippen each time (carry-job), compared to 2-5 for Lebron (shared load).. Only the goat had real carry-jobs.

it's simply comparing Kyrie's scoring performance.

scoring is what determines if someone is a 2nd option, otherwise they're just a defensive role player..

For example, Pippen averaged 15 ppg on horrific efficiency in 2 Finals, so he was a defensive role player... Infact, Pippen's ppg was on the lower end for a winning sidekick, while his efficiency was the worst-ever, which makes him the worst-scoring winning sidekick ever.

Statlines...STATLINES.

That implies it happened multiple times.

Even in 2018, Lebron still had the best 2nd option in the conference - Love averaged 20/10 in the 2nd Round against the #2 SRS Raptors and the same against the Warriors, so Lebron never beat a top 5 SRS team with poor scoring and efficiency from a sidekick (no carry-jobs against good teams in 2 decades of playing).. Lebron can't have carry-jobs against good teams because he can't win with high scoring - his high scoring is too ball-dominant (09' ECF) or too inefficient at the extra jumpshooting volume (15' Finals).. Since he can't have carry-jobs against good teams or win with high scoring, he needs elite 1st options to play sidekick... aka he needs equal-scoring partners that can match or exceed his playoff scoring (11', 16', 20' Playoffs) and can't win with true 2nd options that average far less like Pippen.. Lebron simply lacks elite jumpshooting skill and can rarely "pop off".. he isn't that kind of player, so he needs big 3's and never won without super-teams as the clear-cut top producer.

SouBeachTalents
10-09-2021, 06:32 PM
Curry doesn't ever have to worry about being the teams playmaker either, that's draymond. Curry was only the lead playmaker during the mark Jackson era.

I can assure you the Warriors don't even sniff their 2015/2016 heights or level of play with Kyrie in place of Curry :lol Sure, in a series Kyrie can match or as we've seen even outplay Curry h2h, but the gulf in impact each player has on their team is enormous. You'd have to be an idiot, or trolling to even try to make this argument

SouBeachTalents
10-09-2021, 06:32 PM

Kawhi pisses himself in Game 7 of the 2nd round, not any better :lol

RRR3
10-09-2021, 06:39 PM
:yaohappy:

HBK_Kliq_2
10-09-2021, 06:42 PM
I can assure you the Warriors don't even sniff their 2015/2016 heights or level of play with Kyrie in place of Curry :lol Sure, in a series Kyrie can match or as we've seen even outplay Curry h2h, but the gulf in impact each player has on their team is enormous. You'd have to be an idiot, or trolling to even try to make this argument

Irving\Klay\Draymond can beat Lebron and Mozgof in 2015

and then Irving can choke in 2016 like Curry did.

Sounds like similar results to me.

HBK_Kliq_2
10-09-2021, 06:42 PM

finals mvp 2x 2x 2x 2x 2x 2x

and curry?

Spurs m8
10-09-2021, 06:47 PM
It's not surprise this guy - more often than not - gets embarrassed on the big stage.

Collusion in a week conference, then purely embarrassed when facing a real opponent

Multiple times being swept

Multiple times going 1-4

While handing FMVP out to 22 year old direct role player opponents...old men, then KD MULTIPLE times lol

Imagine thinking a GOAT does this hahahahah

What low standard you'd have...amongst all the other * against him.

Weakest career of any 'superstar' I've ever seen.
Manufactured superstar I guess...so makes sense

SaintzFury13
10-09-2021, 07:14 PM

Dumbass, re-read your post.

You said Curry had Durant when referencing the 2016 finals. Durant was in the 2017 and 2018 finals, you fukking imbecile.

SaintzFury13
10-09-2021, 07:15 PM
Irving\Klay\Draymond can beat Lebron and Mozgof in 2015

and then Irving can choke in 2016 like Curry did.

Sounds like similar results to me.

If Irving is on the 2015 Warriors in Curry's place, the Warriors probably don't even go to the finals.

SATAN
10-09-2021, 08:54 PM

So...It's LeBron's fault that a team he has nothing to do with doesn't have super stars? :facepalm

Also, LeBron has routinely destroyed Giannis when they go head to head. :confusedshrug:

Axe
10-10-2021, 08:28 AM

Youre clowning.
As if curry himself was a true perennial performer in the playoffs. Said gerbil actually went 0/8 in go-ahead shots during closing seconds of crucial playoff moments, one of the biggest reasons why he never won a finals mvp during the warrior dynasty days. :oldlol: