PDA

View Full Version : The eye test tells me

Gohan
10-09-2021, 09:06 PM
That iverson is a top 10 player of all time. Just watched the 2003 detroit series and the defense they were playing on him was amazing. None of that bullshit pick and roll basketball they play today. Im convinced hes better than any guard not named kobe or jordan. He choked a few times and they lost the series but he played as hard as he could. Im going to sleep a happy man knowing my favorite player of all time is a top 10 greatest basketball player ever

Full Court
10-09-2021, 10:59 PM
He was a great player, but no way he's top ten greatest.

Xiao Yao You
10-10-2021, 01:01 AM
That iverson is a top 10 player of all time. Just watched the 2003 detroit series and the defense they were playing on him was amazing. None of that bullshit pick and roll basketball they play today. Im convinced hes better than any guard not named kobe or jordan. He choked a few times and they lost the series but he played as hard as he could. Im going to sleep a happy man knowing my favorite player of all time is a top 10 greatest basketball player ever

played hard not smart

expansionera
10-10-2021, 09:22 AM
I don’t know what your deal is with Iverson, nobody really diminishes his legacy he just didn’t accomplish anymore than a guy like Barkley or Malone. He’s among the most well liked and talented athletes in history that may not have reached his potential despite winning MVP and taking a game off the near perfect Lakers, but what else do you want people to say?

Phoenix
10-10-2021, 09:40 AM
Proof that not every ISH poster needs thread creation access.

ShawkFactory
10-10-2021, 09:58 AM
McGrady played the 03 Pistons way better than Iverson did. Eye test tells us that.

So is Tmac like...top 7?

Phoenix
10-10-2021, 10:00 AM
McGrady played the 03 Pistons way better than Iverson did. Eye test tells us that.

So is Tmac like...top 7?

:oldlol: Exactly

Bronbron23
10-10-2021, 10:09 AM

I disagree but iverson was a bad boy. I think pound for pound he's as good as anyone but unfortunately for iverson size does matter. He just wasn't big enough to impose his will and game on a game like like bigger players can. It's why someone like steph can never be better than bron or kd.

Phoenix
10-10-2021, 10:17 AM
Iverson peaked about 5 years too early. If you dropped 25 year old A.I into 2005 when the rule changes gave all elite perimeter players a stimulus package, he'd have been dropping 30+ on much better efficiency( and we know this, because an end of prime Iverson dropped 33 on 45% in 2006). 2001 Iverson would have been a nightmare in 2006.

Gohan
10-10-2021, 10:50 AM
Iverson peaked about 5 years too early. If you dropped 25 year old A.I into 2005 when the rule changes gave all elite perimeter players a stimulus package, he'd have been dropping 30+ on much better efficiency( and we know this, because an end of prime Iverson dropped 33 on 45% in 2006). 2001 Iverson would have been a nightmare in 2006.
He would be a nightmare today too

Gohan
10-10-2021, 10:52 AM
Yall just looking at stats and shit. Im talking about his movements, the way he creates for his teammates and himself. Larry had that boy playing like he was the best to rver do it

Real Men Wear Green
10-10-2021, 11:57 AM
Yall just looking at stats and shit. Im talking about his movements, the way he creates for his teammates and himself. Larry had that boy playing like he was the best to rver do it
I applaud you not being ashamed of getting punched in the face. Most guys would feel embarrassed about it but you're fully liberated from that kind of toxic masculinity. Good for you.

ShawkFactory
10-10-2021, 12:07 PM

We all watch basketball.

Real Men Wear Green
10-10-2021, 12:10 PM
We all watch basketball.
But do you watch it after getting hit in the eye? It takes guts.

Phoenix
10-10-2021, 12:51 PM
He would be a nightmare today too

Yes but I'm talking about in the context of the era he played in, not teleporting him 20 years in the future past his peak.

Sulico
10-11-2021, 02:29 AM
He is top 10 player of all time under 6'2, I'll give you that. Probably even top 5

3ba11
10-11-2021, 02:39 AM
pound for pound everyone knows he's the goat talent.. he's finishing like a 6'7" wing, i.e. doing the same gather-step with 1 dribble from nearly half-court and he's barely 6 feet tall..

Former GM Pat Croce actually said it right - "iverson and jordan's moves (downhill) are the same except iverson's are quicker" and Croce made some car engine reference to illustrate the difference.

this is very true.. Iverson gather-stepped and took off vertical like a 6'7" wing style with authority.... not going for the floater but still had the floater

All that being said - the same logic works in reverse - who's the tallest, biggest guy that can still do what Iverson does?... MJ?... or.... Lebron?... Kobe?.... Westbrook?... Kawhi?...

Okay... Now let's incorporate jumpshooting... That's where MJ and Kobe separate themselves...

https://c.tenor.com/zdFtiktD6-wAAAAS/accomplished-job.gif

Axe
10-11-2021, 04:24 AM
He is no match for the oversized Cell. :rolleyes: