PDA

View Full Version : Fury vs Wilder III

1987_Lakers
10-10-2021, 01:10 AM
Surprised there wasn't a thread about it, but damn what a fight.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HBfQ0if5ygI

Gruppenführer
10-10-2021, 01:15 AM
Fury once again proving he's the best Heavyweight in the world. Wilder was wobbly the entire fight and Fury mauled him again as usual. Wilder is a one-trick pony and Fury did get caught, but Wilder is fighting a professional, a real boxer. Best boxer always wins.

Im Still Ballin
10-10-2021, 01:15 AM
What a barn-stormin' brawl! Action all about!

Fury was too tough in the end. Every time he clinched, he put that 40-pound weight advantage right on top of Deontay's head. It may have been a little dirty, but that's what the champs do -- they find ways to win.

Kobe_Bryant
10-10-2021, 01:47 AM
everyone's saying "Wilder is a beast! Wilder has heart! Wilder had a chance! coulda gone either way!"

no.. Tyson Fury said he was going for a knockout. had he not done that he wouldn't even have been touched by Wilder. this wasn't a boxing match. Fury beat Wilder at his own game. he stood toe to toe and brawled and knocked his ass out cold. no TKO... just knock out

Fury didn't have to leave his head open like that. he wanted to prove a point and leave no doubt. that's why Wilder left without giving respect to the winner. he has no excuses this time

west_tip
10-10-2021, 02:30 AM
Great, great fight.

Got to hand it to both fighters, that trilogy as lopsided as the results were is up there with the best of them.

Fury is just a different breed, smarter, tougher, bigger man both physically and in terms of personality, charisma.

Glad Tyson gave credit to Steward, he forgot to credit Kronk after the 2nd fight.

Mulder
10-10-2021, 04:42 AM
Tyson Fury, the undisputed champion, made short work of Wilder.
Congratulation Champ.

https://sportshub.cbsistatic.com/i/r/2021/10/07/eee9b1e6-8563-42f0-b82d-a3855c1ce3da/thumbnail/1200x675/e1e1ab7ccaa388b3875937b23c3a61d0/tyson-fury-mic.jpg

Mulder
10-10-2021, 04:47 AM
Right!

Tyson Fury proved he was the better man and superior fighter.
Glad we have a Champion we all can look up too.

Bronbron23
10-10-2021, 10:14 AM
Surprised there wasn't a thread about it, but damn what a fight.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HBfQ0if5ygI

Crazy fight. Wilder was out on feet for half the fight. Fury was just too good

BurningHammer
10-10-2021, 10:51 AM
Congratulation Champ.

https://sportshub.cbsistatic.com/i/r/2021/10/07/eee9b1e6-8563-42f0-b82d-a3855c1ce3da/thumbnail/1200x675/e1e1ab7ccaa388b3875937b23c3a61d0/tyson-fury-mic.jpg

11 rounds of heavyweight boxing is not short though.

CelticBaller
10-10-2021, 11:21 AM
That KO was wild lol

Mask the Embiid
10-10-2021, 02:50 PM
Fury outweighs him by 40 pounds thats like if it took canelo 11 rounds to stop nonito donaire...its actually pathetic when you think about it....but that doesnt fit the narrative, so have ur fun.....sheep

sheep-ple

Bronbron23
10-10-2021, 02:52 PM
Fury outweighs him by 40 pounds thats like if it took canelo 11 rounds to knock out nonito donaire...its actually pathetic....but that doesnt fit the narrative so have ur fun.....sheep

sheep-ple

Bruh tell me your joking?

ArbitraryWater
10-10-2021, 03:30 PM
Wilder showed heart in there, its a shame he has no respect.

Sad person.

Fury is brilliant.

Manny98
10-10-2021, 04:31 PM
Disappointed that Wilder didn't give Fury his respect after this fight

tpols
10-10-2021, 04:49 PM
The amazing thing to me is Fury is coming into these fights looking fat... And wilder is chiseled, yet wilder gasses after 3 rounds and fury doesnt. He's too used to early KOs. Literally doesn't have any footwork or basic jab. No skill. The Westbrook or bran of boxing.

plowking
10-10-2021, 05:39 PM
Fury outweighs him by 40 pounds thats like if it took canelo 11 rounds to stop nonito donaire...its actually pathetic when you think about it....but that doesnt fit the narrative, so have ur fun.....sheep

sheep-ple

Why didn't Wilder come in heavier? They're just about the same height.

AirBonner
10-10-2021, 05:47 PM
How do you not protect your chin in boxing? It’s literally everything lol

Patrick Chewing
10-10-2021, 06:46 PM
The amazing thing to me is Fury is coming into these fights looking fat... And wilder is chiseled, yet wilder gasses after 3 rounds and fury doesnt. He's too used to early KOs. Literally doesn't have any footwork or basic jab. No skill. The Westbrook or bran of boxing.

Being chiseled restricts your movement though. The more muscular you are, the slower you can be. Fury's power comes from his natural weight and since he's not that muscular up top, his range of motion is different. That's why Wilder can only rely on his right hand cause he just can't move as quickly as Fury can. Those one two combinations from Fury are quick. And that's strictly because he's not ripped.

Artillery
10-10-2021, 07:23 PM
Congratulation Champ.

Wrong. Fury is the lineal champion and the WBC champion. Currently there is no undisputed champion in the heavyweight division. A unifying match between Fury and Usyk would result in one of them becoming the first undisputed champion in more than twenty years(Lennox was the last one)

Bronbron23
10-10-2021, 09:44 PM

Yeah big muscles don't really mean a whole lot in boxing. It can actually be a disadvantage. It can create alot of lactic acid that can cause more fatigue. Fury did look sloppy though. His back fat was hanging over his shorts

tpols
10-10-2021, 10:03 PM
Yeah big muscles don't really mean a whole lot in boxing. It can actually be a disadvantage. It can create alot of lactic acid that can cause more fatigue. Fury did look sloppy though. His back fat was hanging over his shorts

When I look at all time great heavy weights they were pretty much all chiseled and lean on top of being big. There's no advantage to having love handles and fat on your lower back. Wilder just wastes energy swinging wild haymakers. He's inefficient and stupid.

iamgine
10-10-2021, 10:47 PM
Being not chiseled don't really matter much as long as you're comfortable. Andy Ruiz being a fat blob is one of the best heavyweight. George Foreman was world champ being old and fat.

tpols
10-10-2021, 11:01 PM
Being not chiseled don't really matter much as long as you're comfortable. Andy Ruiz being a fat blob is one of the best heavyweight. George Foreman was world champ being old and fat.

George foreman in his prime wasn't fat at all. Andy Ruiz is a one hit wonder scrub.

PistonsFan#21
10-10-2021, 11:03 PM
When I look at all time great heavy weights they were pretty much all chiseled and lean on top of being big. There's no advantage to having love handles and fat on your lower back. Wilder just wastes energy swinging wild haymakers. He's inefficient and stupid.

Wilder knew he had no chance to win this fight trying to outbox Fury. He gave himself the best chance he had by doing what he does best: throwing wild haymakers and hoping to end the fight with a single punch. He's at a stage of his career where he has not much room for improvement i think.

iamgine
10-10-2021, 11:15 PM
George foreman in his prime wasn't fat at all. Andy Ruiz is a one hit wonder scrub.

lol ok then

Gohan
10-10-2021, 11:49 PM
I would whoop fury and he has height and weight over me just like cell did. Set the match piccolo

jongib369
10-11-2021, 11:41 PM
I heard Wilder almost missed the fight due to being held up at the air port. Apparently him and his crew yelled and emphasized the bomb in "bomb squad" a little too long.

ArbitraryWater
10-12-2021, 07:06 AM
I heard Wilder almost missed the fight due to being held up at the air port. Apparently him and his crew yelled and emphasized the bomb in "bomb squad" a little too long.

lol rly?

Wally450
10-12-2021, 01:33 PM
Wilder/Joshua needs to be made.

Hell, even Wilder/Ruiz

Lebron23
10-12-2021, 05:01 PM
That is one of the most entertaining heavyweight fights that I have ever seen.

iamgine
10-13-2021, 06:58 AM
I've rewatch the fight and holy crap some of the punches Deontay ate. He showed all time great level of heart. Hopefully he'll still be the same after this.

Shogon
10-13-2021, 08:55 AM
Is there anyone from any weight class in boxing history that we can say would for sure beat Tyson Fury? Surely it would take someone that could knock him out cold, just as he said, for him to go down. So we're talking Tyson, Foreman, Liston? Anyone else? And those are just maybes... definitely not for sure.

Im so nba'd out
10-13-2021, 10:32 AM
Is there anyone from any weight class in boxing history that we can say would for sure beat Tyson Fury? Surely it would take someone that could knock him out cold, just as he said, for him to go down. So we're talking Tyson, Foreman, Liston? Anyone else? And those are just maybes... definitely not for sure.

man you're pathetic...cringe

Patrick Chewing
10-13-2021, 11:14 AM

I think Prime Mike Tyson would give Fury trouble because of how mobile in the ring he was. Foreman would give Fury trouble cause of his power. If you consistently land the jab on Fury, he's going to get worn down.

tpols
10-13-2021, 12:45 PM
Tyson Fury is one of my favorite boxers to watch and even listen to his youtube videos on philosophy and life. He's a very wise individual.

But wilder was like 2 seconds from KO'ing him in the 4th. Prime Foreman, Ali, Frazier, Tyson, Bowe, Lewis and many more were much better than wilder and I think they could beat Fury. George Foreman would easily beat him. He has more power than wilder and was a much better technical boxer who could go the distance.

Shogon
10-13-2021, 01:44 PM
Tyson Fury is one of my favorite boxers to watch and even listen to his youtube videos on philosophy and life. He's a very wise individual.

But wilder was like 2 seconds from KO'ing him in the 4th. Prime Foreman, Ali, Frazier, Tyson, Bowe, Lewis and many more were much better than wilder and I think they could beat Fury. George Foreman would easily beat him. He has more power than wilder and was a much better technical boxer who could go the distance.

I don't think this is fair because Fury knows that Wilder isn't a true traditional boxer and he figured that out after the first fight which is why he approached the 2nd and 3rd with vastly different styles from the 1st. The fact that he vastly out boxed Wilder in the 1st and it still ended up being a draw made him change his style for Wilder because he was worried about more judge corruption.

In the 1st fight he was bobbing and weaving in such a way that Wilder couldn't land anything particularly strong until towards the end.

If Fury is done bobbing and weaving, then sure, true, but I don't think he is. I just think that was his approach to Wilder.

The 1st fight? He vastly outboxed him. The 2nd? He beat the shit out of him and was more focused on going for a KO than boxing. The 3rd? He beat the shit out of him and was more focused on going for a KO than boxing.

tpols
10-13-2021, 07:17 PM
I don't think this is fair because Fury knows that Wilder isn't a true traditional boxer and he figured that out after the first fight which is why he approached the 2nd and 3rd with vastly different styles from the 1st. The fact that he vastly out boxed Wilder in the 1st and it still ended up being a draw made him change his style for Wilder because he was worried about more judge corruption.

In the 1st fight he was bobbing and weaving in such a way that Wilder couldn't land anything particularly strong until towards the end.

If Fury is done bobbing and weaving, then sure, true, but I don't think he is. I just think that was his approach to Wilder.

The 1st fight? He vastly outboxed him. The 2nd? He beat the shit out of him and was more focused on going for a KO than boxing. The 3rd? He beat the shit out of him and was more focused on going for a KO than boxing.

It wouldn't matter if Fury was focused on point boxing or getting KOs vs Foreman because george can swing that both ways where as Wilder can't. Wilder.... literally sucks as a boxer. He's a backyard brawler playing checkers. And watch the trash talk promos and interviews. He's retarded.

Then go to youtube and watch a George Foreman or Ali fight and interviews. They are massively, exponentially better boxers than wilder and infinitely more intelligent to boot.

The bottom line is if Wilder was a hair away from beating and knocking Fury out, the Golden Age heavy weights would absolutely destroy him.

Today's heavyweight division compared to the Ali Foreman Frazier era is like the WNBA. And that's straight facts.

iamgine
10-13-2021, 10:42 PM

Well first there's no other weight class other than heavyweight for Fury. And most heavyweights would beat other weight classes if they ever fought.

Second, Fury would be a big problem for anyone in boxing history. Guy is too big and too slick. So on that I'd say no one will for sure beat him. BUT, some of them has just as much chance as Fury. It doesn't necessarily has to be a big puncher either.

For example, since Fury never fought someone like Ali, and Ali has never fought someone like Fury, it's very possible Ali would outbox him and win on points. It's also very possible that Fury would just bully Ali and tire him out.