PDA

View Full Version : Jahlil Okafor waived again, now by Atlanta

insidehoops
10-11-2021, 04:25 PM
The Atlanta Hawks have waived center Jahlil Okafor (http://www.insidehoops.com/blog/?p=26781)

expansionera
10-11-2021, 04:26 PM
Maybe a tanking team will pick him and give him some run, if not it be cool to see him in China getting to actually use his post arsenal

rawimpact
10-11-2021, 04:54 PM
May be the end of his NBA career. For a Duke player and a top3 overall pick he at this point is a bust.

Real Men Wear Green
10-11-2021, 06:44 PM
As many teams as there are out there that need bench scoring it's nuts to think he can't find a team. Is his defense really that bad? Serious question I can't remember seeing him play in the NBA at this point.

RRR3
10-11-2021, 06:54 PM
As many teams as there are out there that need bench scoring it's nuts to think he can't find a team. Is his defense really that bad? Serious question I can't remember seeing him play in the NBA at this point.
His scoring isn’t good enough to make up for his defense and he doesn’t stretch the floor at all.

bladefd
10-11-2021, 07:21 PM
May be the end of his NBA career. For a Duke player and a top3 overall pick he at this point is a bust.

I remember wanting the Lakers to draft him. Boy, we dodged in bullet :lol

D'Angelo Russell isn't good, but probably the best choice after KAT in hindsight. Russell also helped us dump Mozgov and get rights to Kuzma. Kuzma was crucial in the Westbrook trade (still wish we did the Hield trade).

bobopenguin
10-11-2021, 07:32 PM
at this stage he's heading to anthony bennett level bust.

Chick Stern
10-11-2021, 08:13 PM
He will be an excellent Magico

beasted
10-11-2021, 08:35 PM
His scoring isn’t good enough to make up for his defense and he doesn’t stretch the floor at all.
But neither does Kanter. What's the difference?

PP34Deuce
10-11-2021, 08:47 PM
At some point you have to question if his attitude behind the scenes affects his job.

Mr. Woke
10-12-2021, 03:13 AM
And some posters actually think that he would be a stud in the 90s NBA.

His all-around game sucks ass.

pandiani17
10-12-2021, 05:12 AM
at this stage he's heading to anthony bennett level bust.

He is not in that level. Anthony Bennett lasted a couple of seasons IIRC, and didn't play even 100 NBA games altogether. It will be very difficult to match that. However, I totally agree that Jahlil is one of the biggest busts of the last 10-15 years, he is in that Stromile Swift or Marcus Fizer category, played lots of years in several teams but never even came close to fulfil his potential.

nayte
10-12-2021, 05:18 AM
He went ok in the Olympics. Was hoping he would go better

bobopenguin
10-12-2021, 05:25 AM
He is not in that level. Anthony Bennett lasted a couple of seasons IIRC, and didn't play even 100 NBA games altogether. It will be very difficult to match that. However, I totally agree that Jahlil is one of the biggest busts of the last 10-15 years, he is in that Stromile Swift or Marcus Fizer category, played lots of years in several teams but never even came close to fulfil his potential.

actually if u look at different persepctive.
no one expect anthony bennett to be a no.1 pick, he was forced to live up the expectation as someone he's not. He collapsed, but no one ever expected him to good, he just flat out suck.

Jahil on other hand, was expecting to be a no.1 pick, but then got exposed. he was given multiple chances, multiple, but he blew it. 0 excuses for this man, he is a huge bust from what ppl was expected form him.

HylianNightmare
10-12-2021, 05:42 AM
Crazy his post scoring doesn't get him a spot on a bench for 12 minutes a night. He's gonna feast in china

insidehoops
10-12-2021, 11:22 AM
He may be falling out of the NBA