PDA

View Full Version : Isaiah Thomas: Why does no one want him?

jmcwilliams
10-11-2021, 08:33 PM
He is certainly better than A lot of the Bench warmers already signed. He has shown that he can still Ball. I don't care who it is against 81 points is no easy task.
There are guys signed just for what they Bring to the locker room as far as leadership and Morale.
I have to think that Isaiah is Toxic. Lebron didn't like him and Lebron usually gels with everyone on his team.
Is it because he called out the Franchise he was playing for "we dont practice".
This is bigger than "he isnt good enough".
This is more like he pissed off the wrong people.
The only other knock I can come up with is that his great season that everyone talks about was with him being Ball dominant. Can he play in A system? Can he contribute without being Ball dominant? I watched him on the Cavs and it didnt seem that he could. Of course, that was under Bronball system and players cant play themselves under the bronball system.
At this point teams are looking for role players and maybe just maybe he cannot contribute in that way. He overvalued himself to the point that he has priced himself out of the market. His goddam ego got the best of him. If he would have adapted and learned to play A solid role he would probably be playing.
I would have to think that signing him just to come out in the 4th when the offense is stagnant and letting him be ball dominant would be worth the minimum.

beasted
10-11-2021, 08:41 PM
His defense is that bad.

jmcwilliams
10-11-2021, 08:44 PM
His defense is that bad.

Can't be just that. There are other players with bad defense that perform well enough on offense to cut it.

bobopenguin
10-11-2021, 09:16 PM
age + injury + mentality + size + defense

warriorfan
10-11-2021, 09:30 PM
He’s still patiently waiting for the Brinks Truck to come.

Jasper
10-12-2021, 12:05 AM
go to china.

Axe
10-12-2021, 03:29 AM
He's become washed since his injury four years ago

pandiani17
10-12-2021, 05:13 AM
age + injury + mentality + size + defense

I think this can be the answer. Especially injuries and defense.

HylianNightmare
10-12-2021, 05:43 AM
He's a midget

TAZORAC
10-12-2021, 12:41 PM
He is certainly better than A lot of the Bench warmers already signed. He has shown that he can still Ball. I don't care who it is against 81 points is no easy task.
There are guys signed just for what they Bring to the locker room as far as leadership and Morale.
I have to think that Isaiah is Toxic. Lebron didn't like him and Lebron usually gels with everyone on his team.
Is it because he called out the Franchise he was playing for "we dont practice".
This is bigger than "he isnt good enough".
This is more like he pissed off the wrong people.
The only other knock I can come up with is that his great season that everyone talks about was with him being Ball dominant. Can he play in A system? Can he contribute without being Ball dominant? I watched him on the Cavs and it didnt seem that he could. Of course, that was under Bronball system and players cant play themselves under the bronball system.
At this point teams are looking for role players and maybe just maybe he cannot contribute in that way. He overvalued himself to the point that he has priced himself out of the market. His goddam ego got the best of him. If he would have adapted and learned to play A solid role he would probably be playing.
I would have to think that signing him just to come out in the 4th when the offense is stagnant and letting him be ball dominant would be worth the minimum.

On the defensive end its like having 4 players on the court. Before the injury, that was OFFSET by his scoring. Now that he isn't an elite scorer, he's just a liabilty.

I would sign him though, try to get 10-12 PPG out of him.

RicardoTubbs
10-12-2021, 12:56 PM
He’s still patiently waiting for the Brinks Truck to come.

Davis Bertans done GTA'd that bitch and ditched it in the Potomac.

DoctorP
10-12-2021, 12:59 PM
Did Thomas lose a step or something? He wasn't blackballed. I guess that surgery Fd him up?

:confusedshrug:

RicardoTubbs
10-12-2021, 01:08 PM
Did Thomas lose a step or something? He wasn't blackballed. I guess that surgery Fd him up?

:confusedshrug:

Lebron effect

Signed Kobetards

Goldrush25
10-12-2021, 01:39 PM
PER of 2.4 in 3 games last season. I didn't know PER went that low. Usually a small sample size helps you.

Negative VORP for the past six seasons. What does a team get with him for the attitude that he's had? Why not just go with a G-league guy on a 2-way contract and hope you get lucky? Stats say that G-leaguer would be a better contributor.

Axe
10-13-2021, 01:53 AM
Lebron effect

Signed Kobetards
Kong had nothing to do with his gruesome injury when it happened four years ago.