PDA

View Full Version : We can stop calling the “covid vaccine” a vaccine

GrayGoat
10-12-2021, 08:27 PM
With a vaccine you don’t need a “booster” 8 months later. Gtfo with this bullshit. :lol

Kobe_Bryant
10-12-2021, 09:10 PM
its a flu shot basically

Axe
10-12-2021, 09:49 PM
Pfizer is the best no matter what you say ;)

Nanners
10-12-2021, 11:03 PM
Pfizer is the best no matter what you say ;)

they definitely have the best marketing team

bladefd
10-12-2021, 11:36 PM
With a vaccine you don’t need a “booster” 8 months later. Gtfo with this bullshit. :lol

How about with a flu vaccine? You have to get a new shot each year as the virus strains evolve from year to year. What do you think? Are they bullshit too?

GrayGoat
10-12-2021, 11:43 PM
How about with a flu vaccine? You have to get a new shot each year as the virus strains evolve from year to year. What do you think? Are they bullshit too?

We don’t call the flu shot a vaccine. We call it a shot just like what this covid shot is

bladefd
10-13-2021, 01:52 AM
We don’t call the flu shot a vaccine. We call it a shot just like what this covid shot is

Flu shot is a vaccine. 'Shot' is a slang term and so is flu. It is actually called an influenza vaccine.

n00bie
10-15-2021, 12:18 AM

Lol what??

Kobe_Bryant
10-15-2021, 02:26 AM
vac·cine

/vakˈsēn/

noun

a substance used to stimulate the production of antibodies and provide immunity against one or several diseases, prepared from the causative agent of a disease, its products, or a synthetic substitute, treated to act as an antigen without inducing the disease.

"every year the flu vaccine is modified to deal with new strains of the virus"

I dont think a covid shot should be called vaccine because it doesn't provide immunity and covid isn't even a disease.

vaccinated people still get covid and the antibodies aren't permanent.

by definition it's just a temporary immune system booster for viral infections

bluechox2
10-15-2021, 09:08 AM

dumbass lost the argument hep a and b have boosters, tdap have 10 year boosters, mmr, adults may need a 2nd shot in older age... pneumococcus vaccines need 2nd shot 65 older

Bronbron23
10-15-2021, 10:29 AM
It's a vaccine it's just not as effective as some others. It's similar to flu vaccine as It helps reduce deaths and severe illness but it dosn't impact infection or the spreading of it. This is why this dumb idea of trying to stop the spread has to stop. We can't stop the spread no more than we can stop the spread of the flu. All they had to do from jump was be honest or not incompetent and explain why older people, immune compromised and unhealthy people should get it. Instead they lied and the non sheep saw right through it and now rightfully so question everything

tpols
10-15-2021, 10:29 AM
dumbass lost the argument hep a and b have boosters, tdap have 10 year boosters, mmr, adults may need a 2nd shot in older age... pneumococcus vaccines need 2nd shot 65 older

You just mentioned a bunch of shots with decade(s) between the boosters. Not every 8 months. Hold this L.

Bronbron23
10-15-2021, 10:51 AM
You just mentioned a bunch of shots with decade(s) between the boosters. Not every 8 months. Hold this L.

I thought the same thing when i saw dudes post. A booster is basically just another vaccine. Now they're saying the vaccine looks like it loses effectiveness after 4-6 months so we could be looking at 2-3 boosters a year compared to 1 every 10 years for hep . Thats a 20 or 30 to 1 difference in a 10 year period :oldlol:

JohnnySic
10-15-2021, 06:25 PM
Lets just call it what it is: useless junk.

bladefd
10-15-2021, 08:14 PM
I thought the same thing when i saw dudes post. A booster is basically just another vaccine. Now they're saying the vaccine looks like it loses effectiveness after 4-6 months so we could be looking at 2-3 boosters a year compared to 1 every 10 years for hep . Thats a 20 or 30 to 1 difference in a 10 year period :oldlol:

It will still significantly lower the chance of getting serious symptoms for longer periods than that.

For me personally, I'm going to treat it like the flu shot. One single shot per year max.

jstern
10-15-2021, 11:10 PM
It will still significantly lower the chance of getting serious symptoms for longer periods than that.

For me personally, I'm going to treat it like the flu shot. One single shot per year max.

For some reason this post reminds of Hunter Biden.

Bronbron23
10-15-2021, 11:16 PM

Yeah for sure. I'm not antivax. The vaccine works and lots of people should take it. Old people, unhealthy people and people who are immune compromised are the ones at risk. They're the ones dying and overwhelming hospitals so they should be the ones getting the vaccines. Making young people, healthy middle aged people and covid survivors take the vaccine is just dumb because they aren't the groups that are at risk. That said if they wanna get it go for it. They shouldn't be mandated though.

Axe
10-16-2021, 08:10 AM
They said ivermectin would have been the true vaccine today. Too bad it didn't happen.