PDA

View Full Version : LeBrons teammate criticizes 2011 Finals performance

DoctorP
10-13-2021, 10:29 AM
"I can't get over the fact he didn't show up in Dallas. House said in a 2018 interview. Not only because I was on the team, but the fact he was the best player and everybody was dependent on him to show up and do what he does, and he was M.I.A. He had a bad series. Jordan never had that. People killed James Harden for having a bad series last year ... but you going to say somebody who quit in the Finals, [at] the end of everything, when all the marbles are on the table, that he's the greatest of all time? I can't buy it."

-Eddie House

https://fadeawayworld.net/.amp/nba-media/lebron-james-former-teammate-eddie-house-says-lebron-is-not-the-goat-i-cant-get-over-the-fact-that-he-didnt-show-up-in-dallas

pandiani17
10-13-2021, 12:00 PM
Actually, LeBron was very, very criticized after this performance. However, I think he has more than made up for it with winning the ring with three different franchises, especially the Cavs. In the summer of 2011, his legacy was in tatters, ten years later, he is, at least, Top 5 of all-time. You have to admire the turn-around.

Airupthere
10-13-2021, 12:04 PM
"I can't get over the fact he didn't show up in Dallas. House said in a 2018 interview. Not only because I was on the team, but the fact he was the best player and everybody was dependent on him to show up and do what he does, and he was M.I.A. He had a bad series. Jordan never had that. People killed James Harden for having a bad series last year ... but you going to say somebody who quit in the Finals, [at] the end of everything, when all the marbles are on the table, that he's the greatest of all time? I can't buy it."

-Eddie House

https://fadeawayworld.net/.amp/nba-media/lebron-james-former-teammate-eddie-house-says-lebron-is-not-the-goat-i-cant-get-over-the-fact-that-he-didnt-show-up-in-dallas

:applause: exactly

FultzNationRISE
10-13-2021, 12:08 PM
That is some ****ing BULLSHIT for this dude to betray the locker room bond and talk this mess on public airwaves. ****ing unacceptable, who the FVCK does this clown head ass think he is???

House belongs in a ****ing pond somewhere sleepin wit the fishes.

Im putting the hit out NOW.

beasted
10-13-2021, 12:11 PM
Actually, LeBron was very, very criticized after this performance. However, I think he has more than made up for it with winning the ring with three different franchises, especially the Cavs. In the summer of 2011, his legacy was in tatters, ten years later, he is, at least, Top 5 of all-time. You have to admire the turn-around.

I don't think House is saying he wasn't criticized. I think he's saying it's an irreparable blemish on his career that eliminates LeBron from GOAT consideration. I agree.

3ba11
10-13-2021, 12:13 PM

He needed super-teams though and still mostly lost on the championship level - he never won without super-teams as the clear-cut top producer - it turns out that westbrooking mostly loses regardless of who the westbrooker is, even a taller and smarter one like Lebron - inferior strategy loses regardless of who is employing it

dankok8
10-13-2021, 12:58 PM
I think the 2011 finals is so bad that it does disqualify Lebron from the GOAT conversation in a way because he showed mental frailty. And mind you that was in year 8 of his career (26 years old). He wasn't a rookie or something. He never had another series that bad either but he still had stinkers... heck the first three games of the 2013 finals had Lebron playing very passive with people getting flashbacks of 2011. 2010 against the Celtics he also quit. The mental fortitude wasn't there and that was the worst part. If he just shot poorly and lost like in the 2007 finals, some people wouldn't hold it against him as much.

imdaman99
10-13-2021, 01:13 PM
The only way someone can criticize him for that as a teammate if that was his only chance at a ring. House already had a ring with the Celtics so please stfu.

eliteballer
10-13-2021, 01:20 PM
He said LeRoid quit in the Finals.

Wally450
10-13-2021, 01:24 PM
Jordan never had a bad series?

warriorfan
10-13-2021, 03:48 PM

2011 is so much more than “a bad series”. He colluded with the best players in the league and promised on 7+ chips…which everyone didn’t bat an eye at, at the time it seemed very reasonable considering the state of the eastern conference at the time and that the team was still in their prime. They steamroll to the Finals as expected and then when it’s time to finish the deal and back up all the shit he talked…he quit. He quit in the biggest moment and got outscored by Jason Terry while bron played way more minutes. He was in his prime. He had experience. He had the best players in the league as teammates. And he quit. It’s easily the worst series by any player in the top 15? Maybe top 20 or more? Name some worse series. It is tough.

Axe
10-13-2021, 08:34 PM
Meltdown

AirBonner
10-13-2021, 08:39 PM
Op looking to catch some hands by Fultz