PDA

View Full Version : Tyler Herro has something to say.

Kblaze8855
10-13-2021, 11:04 AM
https://www.hostpic.org/images/2110132033390345.jpeg

FultzNationRISE
10-13-2021, 11:05 AM
Who?

rawimpact
10-13-2021, 11:08 AM
15ppg on 43% (38% 3pt)
1.5 assists per turnover

No....

Luka, Trae and Ja are the face of their team. Both Butler and Dragic came before Herro... and now Butler and Lowry.

Real Men Wear Green
10-13-2021, 11:19 AM
Well just so long as he doesn't think he's on par with Tatum and Brown I don't mind.

DoctorP
10-13-2021, 11:49 AM
he's not on their level. Ja's maybe.

ShawkFactory
10-13-2021, 11:50 AM
Yikes

Shogon
10-13-2021, 11:53 AM
Who?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NW0YcO5P3OM

pandiani17
10-13-2021, 11:56 AM
:oldlol:

beasted
10-13-2021, 12:03 PM
I think if Herro was on another less disciplined team without established vets he would be putting up sexier raw stats that everyone cares about. Probably an 19+ PPG player last year as a sophomore.

Don't ask me what his efficiency would look like though.

Im so nba'd out
10-13-2021, 12:16 PM
Bubble hero was better than luka and ja....hes never gonna be better than trae

Bubble hero was good enough to be a 2nd option on a championship team. Ja and Luka arent good enough to be that. Trae is

Luka will never accept that he's not a number 1 on a championship team caliber player. so he would self sabotage the team before he ever allows a player to carry him as his #1. Ja is a #3 on a championship team

DoctorP
10-13-2021, 12:19 PM
Herro can still improve, he hasn't reached his prime. But pretending he's on Luka and Trae's level already... eh.

ShawkFactory
10-13-2021, 12:22 PM
Herro can still improve, he hasn't reached his prime. But pretending he's on Luka and Trae's level already... eh.

When you say already it makes it seem like you think he can get there. He can't.

Very nice player but simply doesn't have the ability the Luka and Trae do.

DoctorP
10-13-2021, 12:26 PM
When you say already it makes it seem like you think he can get there. He can't.

Very nice player but simply doesn't have the ability the Luka and Trae do.

ceiling wise? i don't know. i can't make that call. Luka may fall victim to injuries and an early career end with his usage. Fact is, anything can happen.

ShawkFactory
10-13-2021, 12:27 PM
ceiling wise? i don't know. i can't make that call. Luka may fall victim to injuries and an early career end with his usage. Fact is, anything can happen.

Sure. But if Luka and Trae both fall of the face of the earth this year due to injuries or whatever, Herro will never be as good as they've already been.

DoctorP
10-13-2021, 12:29 PM
Sure. But if Luka and Trae both fall of the face of the earth this year due to injuries or whatever, Herro will never be as good as they've already been.

ok. so, again, you can predict the future? ok

tpols
10-13-2021, 12:40 PM
Go look at herros playoff stats... he sucks.

Luka, Butler, and Bam would be a title winning trio. Luka almost took down the stacked clippers all by himself.

tontoz
10-13-2021, 12:40 PM
Seriously delusional, especially after how he played last season.

imdaman99
10-13-2021, 01:10 PM
Ja is a #3 on a championship team

That's some random ass thing to say :kobe: what the hell is even your reasoning for thinking that :oldlol:

SouBeachTalents
10-13-2021, 01:17 PM

Bubble hero was good enough to be a 2nd option on a championship team. Ja and Luka arent good enough to be that. Trae is

Luka will never accept that he's not a number 1 on a championship team caliber player. so he would self sabotage the team before he ever allows a player to carry him as his #1. Ja is a #3 on a championship team
Shut the fck up

Wally450
10-13-2021, 01:26 PM
https://c.tenor.com/I9JG1_MB8aIAAAAM/chang-laugh.gif

expansionera
10-13-2021, 01:45 PM
If he wants to talk shit and produce cool, don’t act like you’re of that category and don’t be ready to perform though because the criticism will be much greater. I admire his confidence, let’s see his game develop though

HBK_Kliq_2
10-13-2021, 02:15 PM
In the bubble playoffs he might have an argument.

Last season though I would put him more in the category of jimmer fredette.

j3lademaster
10-13-2021, 02:29 PM

Luka will never accept that he's not a number 1 on a championship team caliber player. so he would self sabotage the team before he ever allows a player to carry him as his #1. Ja is a #3 on a championship teamlol.

RRR3
10-13-2021, 02:30 PM
I hate this guy. Get him off the Heat.

Marchesk
10-13-2021, 02:34 PM
3 way trade with 76ers and Nets:

Heat get Irving
76ers get Herro
Nets get Simmons

RRR3
10-13-2021, 02:42 PM

Heat get Irving
76ers get Herro
Nets get Simmons
Kyrie said he’ll retire if he gets traded so the Heat would get nothing.

DoctorP
10-13-2021, 02:44 PM
if you talk shit, you should back it up.

he's going to have added pressure on himself.

Im so nba'd out
10-13-2021, 04:58 PM
That's some random ass thing to say :kobe: what the hell is even your reasoning for thinking that :oldlol:

years of breaking down footage and studying the game. Just trust me im right. Ja as of 2021 could win a ring as the #3 option...Now maybe in the future he will be able to be a 1 or 2 seeing how he is like the only pure pg in the (a dying thing). After cp3,wall, and conley retire he will be the only one left i believe. Thats off the top of my head though

warriorfan
10-13-2021, 05:35 PM
:roll: throwback to Monta Ellis. “Monta have it all”

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7G9yS2-x5sA

:roll:

FireDavidKahn
10-13-2021, 05:42 PM

FultzNationRISE
10-13-2021, 06:26 PM

Tbh it always surprised me how quickly and randomly he seemed to fall off. At his peak his midrange pull-up game was like stupid automatic, felt like he never missed. Yeah he wasn't the smartest player or have the greatest defense or a three point shot. But you could say all those things about MJ. He was still a really efficient scorer at the two spot for a little while there... and all the sudden he pretty much disappeared from relevance.

Charlie Sheen
10-13-2021, 06:31 PM

:lol

warriorfan
10-13-2021, 07:04 PM
Tbh it always surprised me how quickly and randomly he seemed to fall off. At his peak his midrange pull-up game was like stupid automatic, felt like he never missed. Yeah he wasn't the smartest player or have the greatest defense or a three point shot. But you could say all those things about MJ. He was still a really efficient scorer at the two spot for a little while there... and all the sudden he pretty much disappeared from relevance.

He was a really good player who ended up being asked to do things beyond his ability. He didn’t have any business playing 40 plus minutes while playing a ball dominating lead role. He was more of a prototype sixth man off the bench who can create his own offense, knock down mid range while getting to the hoop. He was always one of the fastest players in the league. Even after he ripped his ankle apart while riding a moped back home in the offseason. They almost voided his contract. He tried to say they were playing pick up ball but they could tell there was no way the injury was done during basketball.

He could even perhaps played a larger role with more success but it’s tough because he was a combo guard and not a true point guard. You need a point guard out there with him, so that slots him to the 2 where he is very undersized and creates big problems with matchups defensively. So if you don’t have a large athletic point…it gets tough to play Monta. You need a point guard who can guard the 2 and let Monta cover their point. Someone like Lonzo ball would have been a good match with Monta. But those players are unique and hard to find or acquire. When Steph Curry first joined the Warriors there was friction between the two because it was glaringly obvious that they both couldn’t really play on the floor together. I think Monta even said it to reporters and a big deal was made out of it. But it was the truth and he saw the writing on the wall. So he got kicked around to other teams but it was always the same problems. It’s tough to hide him defensively because he’s really a shooting guard and teams would put him in roles that were too big for him. Think of when Trevor Ariza was a great bench role player for the Lakers and then Houston gave him a bunch of money and tried to make him a lead guy. It didn’t work out. It was too big of a role for him. Same deal with Monta in my opinion. He also never developed a 3 point shot.

But here is some Monta Have it All stuff. Monta and Mj in a league of their own. :lol

Well I guess basketball reference doesn’t let you do the season search for free anymore. But I’m pretty sure that the only two players to ever score over 20 ppg at shooting guard on 53% FG are Monta Ellis and Michael Jordan. :oldlol:

FultzNationRISE
10-13-2021, 07:47 PM
He was a really good player who ended up being asked to do things beyond his ability. He didn’t have any business playing 40 plus minutes while playing a ball dominating lead role. He was more of a prototype sixth man off the bench who can create his own offense, knock down mid range while getting to the hoop. He was always one of the fastest players in the league. Even after he ripped his ankle apart while riding a moped back home in the offseason. They almost voided his contract. He tried to say they were playing pick up ball but they could tell there was no way the injury was done during basketball.

He could even perhaps played a larger role with more success but it’s tough because he was a combo guard and not a true point guard. You need a point guard out there with him, so that slots him to the 2 where he is very undersized and creates big problems with matchups defensively. So if you don’t have a large athletic point…it gets tough to play Monta. You need a point guard who can guard the 2 and let Monta cover their point. Someone like Lonzo ball would have been a good match with Monta. But those players are unique and hard to find or acquire. When Steph Curry first joined the Warriors there was friction between the two because it was glaringly obvious that they both couldn’t really play on the floor together. I think Monta even said it to reporters and a big deal was made out of it. But it was the truth and he saw the writing on the wall. So he got kicked around to other teams but it was always the same problems. It’s tough to hide him defensively because he’s really a shooting guard and teams would put him in roles that were too big for him. Think of when Trevor Ariza was a great bench role player for the Lakers and then Houston gave him a bunch of money and tried to make him a lead guy. It didn’t work out. It was too big of a role for him. Same deal with Monta in my opinion. He also never developed a 3 point shot.

But here is some Monta Have it All stuff. Monta and Mj in a league of their own. :lol

Well I guess basketball reference doesn’t let you do the season search for free anymore. But I’m pretty sure that the only two players to ever score over 20 ppg at shooting guard on 53% FG are Monta Ellis and Michael Jordan. :oldlol:

I remember when he was doin that. Shit was impressive.

HoopsNY
10-13-2021, 07:53 PM

Wait, whut? Bubble Herro put up 16/5/4/1 on 43%. Luka put up 31/10/9/1 on 50%, yet somehow Herro was better?

k0kakw0rld
10-13-2021, 08:00 PM
He is definitely a walking bucket. He will turn out to be another LaVine story. He can find himself a trash team and shine in front of our very own eyes. :confusedshrug:

Axe
10-13-2021, 08:04 PM
But he already has a 0-1 record in the finals. Yikes.

Im so nba'd out
10-13-2021, 08:51 PM
Wait, whut? Bubble Herro put up 16/5/4/1 on 43%. Luka put up 31/10/9/1 on 50%, yet somehow Herro was better?

Luka plays for stats….hero plays to win….or at least he did in the bubble.idk what he’s gonna do now after the bs he just said…if he does start trying to play for stats jimmy is gonna check em. So I’m not worried about hero Falling astray anytime soon. He should remain as a winning over stats player

If I want to win a championship give me bubble hero..if I want some one to put up a empty loaded stat sheet with no chance at winning a ring….give me luka

FireDavidKahn
10-13-2021, 08:56 PM
Kids these days now are saying Herro >>>>> Luka

What in the actual f*ck

ShawkFactory
10-13-2021, 09:12 PM
Luka plays for stats

How is that?

insight
10-13-2021, 10:13 PM
I don't understand why Tyler used those players for comparison. I guess because they are all considered franchise players but Luka Trae and Ja are the primary ball handlers for thier team they score and create for others. If Tyler Hero could do that they would not have needed to bring in 35 year old Kyle Lowry to run the team. Dude is not even a starter if you are going to talk crazy he should have just said a top 10 player in the league.

beasted
10-13-2021, 10:43 PM

Heat get Irving
76ers get Herro
Nets get Simmons

I think Miami's system and veterans could reel in Kyrie, but that was before they got Lowry. He was definitely interested in a trade before he went to the Celtics.

FireDavidKahn
10-13-2021, 11:57 PM
I think Miami's system and veterans could reel in Kyrie, but that was before they got Lowry. He was definitely interested in a trade before he went to the Celtics.

Butler would make Kyrie want to himself. They'd be great friends to begin with but that'd end fast

DoctorP
10-14-2021, 01:47 AM
I don't understand why Tyler used those players for comparison. I guess because they are all considered franchise players but Luka Trae and Ja are the primary ball handlers for thier team they score and create for others. If Tyler Hero could do that they would not have needed to bring in 35 year old Kyle Lowry to run the team. Dude is not even a starter if you are going to talk crazy he should have just said a top 10 player in the league.

Yep. Herro sucks as a passer and primary ballhandler. Hes an elite shooter but his overall game is not there yet. Mucho turnovers.

Thenameless
10-14-2021, 01:54 AM
I would take Luka, Trae, and Ja over him. Easily I might add.

I think he chose to mention those names specifically because subconsciously he knows that they are all better than he is.

DoctorP
10-14-2021, 01:55 AM
I would take Luka, Trae, and Ja over him. Easily I might add.

I think he chose to mention those names specifically because subconsciously he knows that they are all better than he is.

Yeah i think they have set the top tier to reach for. It's fine. Good luck, Herro.

Gohan
10-14-2021, 05:23 AM
he's not on their level. Ja's maybe.

No hes not even on ja’s level

HiphopRelated
10-16-2021, 04:50 PM
In the bubble playoffs he might have an argument.

Last season though I would put him more in the category of jimmer fredette.

You can add 2 Fredette years together and wouldn't get a Herro "down" year. Yeah he's aiming high, it's up to him to go prove it. But people always go the other end of ridiculous

SATAN
10-17-2021, 05:48 AM
He has potential but he's not even close to most of those guys.

I respect his confidence but he seems like a dumb ass in general. Likely his RC will be practically worthless in a few years.

beasted
03-13-2022, 08:46 PM
I think his confidence was well founded. Maybe not as good yet, but definitely on the way to the conversation.

Full Court
03-13-2022, 09:56 PM
Out of Herro, Luka, and Trey, Herro is the only one with a good chance at a championship this year.

SouBeachTalents
03-13-2022, 09:59 PM
Out of Herro, Luka, and Trey, Herro is the only one with a good chance at a championship this year.
Such an abysmal way to evaluate individual players. Swap those guys with Herro and those teams would be in the lottery, while the Heat would have legitimate claim to be the leagues title favorite.

Full Court
03-13-2022, 10:05 PM
Such an abysmal way to evaluate individual players. Swap those guys with Herro and those teams would be in the lottery, while the Heat would have legitimate claim to be the leagues title favorite.

It wasn't meant as a way to evaluate him. Herro's a bench player. He's not in the same league as Trae and Luka. Just making an observation. Nothing more, nothing less.

beasted
03-13-2022, 10:48 PM
It wasn't meant as a way to evaluate him. Herro's a bench player. He's not in the same league as Trae and Luka. Just making an observation. Nothing more, nothing less.

I think it should be used as a way to evaluate him. He's playing in a rigid system with "something to lose".

He can't play with the same freedom and usage as other young guys. I think on another team and with greater pace (Miami is 29th) he'd be able to average 25+.

insight
03-14-2022, 08:39 AM
I think it should be used as a way to evaluate him. He's playing in a rigid system with "something to lose".

He can't play with the same freedom and usage as other young guys. I think on another team and with greater pace (Miami is 29th) he'd be able to average 25+.

What do you mean playing in a rigid system? Wade and Lebron had no problem scoring 25+ in the same system.

beasted
03-14-2022, 09:32 AM
What do you mean playing in a rigid system? Wade and Lebron had no problem scoring 25+ in the same system.

A system with several established veterans and with playoff expectations. Luka, Morant, Trae, etc joined lottery teams who have missed the playoffs at least 1 of their seasons. Herro had to come off the bench and earn his way. Other guys were simply handed the keys and just asked to go do whatever they do best and feel free to make mistakes along the way. Herro also from day one has been held accountable on three defensive end. These things make a difference.

insight
03-14-2022, 11:45 AM
A system with several established veterans and with playoff expectations. Luka, Morant, Trae, etc joined lottery teams who have missed the playoffs at least 1 of their seasons. Herro had to come off the bench and earn his way. Other guys were simply handed the keys and just asked to go do whatever they do best and feel free to make mistakes along the way. Herro also from day one has been held accountable on three defensive end. These things make a difference.

The Heat were not contenders when Tyler Herro was drafted, they were just a tier above Memphis, Atlanta and Dallas hoping Jimmy Butler, Dragic with Bam could get them into the playoffs. The reason why Tyler was not given the keys is simple, he is not a franchise cornerstone player. Nobody is building a team around Tyler Herro for good reason. Is he a very good young player? How is he better than players like RJ Barrett, Darrious Garland

FireDavidKahn
03-14-2022, 11:49 AM

You do realize that Herro takes BY FAR the most amount of shots on the Heat, right?

beasted
03-14-2022, 11:59 AM
The Heat were not contenders when Tyler Herro was drafted, they were just a tier above Memphis, Atlanta and Dallas hoping Jimmy Butler, Dragic with Bam could get them into the playoffs. The reason why Tyler was not given the keys is simple, he is not a franchise cornerstone player. Nobody is building a team around Tyler Herro for good reason. Is he a very good young player? How is he better than players like RJ Barrett, Darrious Garland

Nobody said that Herro was better than Garland or Barrett. They are all in that same conversation of the next wave of really good up and coming stars. If Barrett or Garland made the same remarks to start the season they should all feel justified in their confidence. They've clearly put in the work to improve significantly.

Are Luka, Trae and Ja clearly a tier above? Sure, but they all belong in the same conversation of guys you expect to make multiple all-star teams in the next 10 years.

tontoz
03-14-2022, 12:00 PM
Even this year he isn't nearly as good as either Luka, Ja or Trae. Probably never will be.

beasted
03-14-2022, 12:19 PM
You do realize that Herro takes BY FAR the most amount of shots on the Heat, right?

Makes sense. That's his role, to create offense off the bench. That's also the next wrinkle in his game that will take him from a top 50 player to a top 20 being able to get to the FT line more consistently. Right now he's just a good shot maker.