PDA

View Full Version : is it possible to tarde westbrook for kyrie irving?

bobopenguin
10-14-2021, 06:58 AM
contract wise? is there any restriction saying this cannot happen?

imagine, unite westbrook with KD and harden, continue their legacy, lebron gets to play with Irving again in LA, both parties get their happy ending. This would generate the big story for NBA, "season 2022 is the year of unity".

SaintzFury13
10-14-2021, 06:59 AM
Why on earth, after everything that has happened, would LeBron want to play with Irving again?

bobopenguin
10-14-2021, 07:03 AM
Why on earth, after everything that has happened, would LeBron want to play with Irving again?

simply cos westbrook doesnt fit well in this lakers team, he might feel more comfortable with KD and harden.
and Leborn doesnt hate Kyrie, they already sort shit out.

Sulico
10-14-2021, 07:04 AM

imagine, unite westbrook with KD and harden, continue their legacy, lebron gets to play with Irving again in LA, bother size get their happy ending. This would generate the big story for NBA, "season 2022 is the year of unity".

You have to be tarde to take on Kyrie Irving right now and send assets the other way.

You don't know if he's playing or injured/metaly broken down/asking for trade. And nobody knows what he will do in the end of the season. He can retire for all we know.

Real Men Wear Green
10-14-2021, 07:06 AM

Irving is a much better compliment to his game. Just talking basketball there aren't many better shooters and there isn't a better ball handler. When James is attacking the basket you can think about having Westbrook's man double down into the paint but you can't risk giving Irving an open 3.

But when you factor in the personality issues...hell naw.

8Ball
10-14-2021, 02:34 PM
I would take Kyrie over Westbrook if we could somehow secretly inject Kyrie.

Manny98
10-14-2021, 03:04 PM
No thanks, Kyrie is a Net for life

SouBeachTalents
10-14-2021, 03:06 PM
Well if there’s one thing Durant would want, it’d be to play with Westbrook again

Chick Stern
10-14-2021, 03:24 PM
it’s funny you typed “tarde”

RogueBorg
10-14-2021, 03:43 PM

imagine, unite westbrook with KD and harden, continue their legacy, lebron gets to play with Irving again in LA, both parties get their happy ending. This would generate the big story for NBA, "season 2022 is the year of unity".

Kyrie wouldn't be able to play in California either. Why would the Lakers do that?

SaintzFury13
10-14-2021, 04:51 PM
simply cos westbrook doesnt fit well in this lakers team, he might feel more comfortable with KD and harden.
and Leborn doesnt hate Kyrie, they already sort shit out.

Even though I agree that Westbrook has no realistic shot of fitting in well with the Lakers, it's way too early to making that kind of call. Plus I don't even think Westbrook can be traded yet.

SaintzFury13
10-14-2021, 04:52 PM
Irving is a much better compliment to his game. Just talking basketball there aren't many better shooters and there isn't a better ball handler. When James is attacking the basket you can think about having Westbrook's man double down into the paint but you can't risk giving Irving an open 3.

But when you factor in the personality issues...hell naw.

The personality issues is the exact reason I made that post. Yeah, Irving was a great second option for LeBron back in Cleveland. But at this point, this late in his career? The last thing LeBron needs is someone like Irving on his team.

If we're talking perfect compliments to his game though, Lillard easily takes the cake and I continue to wonder to myself to this day what those two playing together would be like.

SATAN
10-14-2021, 06:49 PM
Westbrook will learn once LeBron starts freezing him out :lol

bladefd
10-14-2021, 07:01 PM
Lakers already have AD. Why would we want another injury-prone player?

Full Court
10-14-2021, 10:37 PM
But if they tarde him and change their minds, they might try to retarde him.

LeCola
10-14-2021, 10:42 PM
Lakers would be better without Westbrook.

So, if they do this trade, Lakers would be a better team even Kyrie retires.

Also, Nets would be worse, even Kyrie not plays in current conditions.

Why would Nets want this?

bobopenguin
10-15-2021, 12:24 AM
Lakers would be better without Westbrook.

So, if they do this trade, Lakers would be a better team even Kyrie retires.

Also, Nets would be worse, even Kyrie not plays in current conditions.

Why would Nets want this?

cos Nets is having a 30mil players who's currently locked outside its arena/training center/team.
why not take a guy that KD/Harden is familiar with and able to delivery 20/10/10?

LeCola
10-15-2021, 06:12 AM
cos Nets is having a 30mil players who's currently locked outside its arena/training center/team.
why not take a guy that KD/Harden is familiar with and able to delivery 20/10/10?

As I said,

Current Nets > Nets + Westbrook
Lakers without Westbrook > Lakers with Westbrook

He is a great first option but on other roles he has negative effects on his team.

bobopenguin
10-15-2021, 06:43 AM
As I said,

Current Nets > Nets + Westbrook
Lakers without Westbrook > Lakers with Westbrook

He is a great first option but on other roles he has negative effects on his team.

dont agree.
KD + harden + westbrook trio > current nets - irving.
those three know how to play with each other. they reached final once together @ west.
Last year KD + Harden did not make pass bucks when kyrie went inactive.