PDA

View Full Version : If LeBron doesn't clamp Curry in the 2016 Finals do the Warriors Win?

TheCorporation
10-14-2021, 08:02 PM
LeBron absolutely clamping Curry to 22.6 ppg on .403% is the main reason why the Cavaliers achieved the GOAT chip. The clamp and this of course:

https://i.postimg.cc/G3jt1W6p/8bd81a50eb70b4f479f5a77d891c133d.jpg

8Ball
10-14-2021, 08:04 PM
LeBron spooked Curry that finals.

Curry was the unanimous MVP and LeBron was playing better in games 5 6 7. Curry couldn't do anything to stop Bron.

https://static01.nyt.com/images/2016/06/19/sports/19aratonjp/19aratonjp-superJumbo.jpg

TheCorporation
10-14-2021, 08:05 PM
LeBron spooked Curry that finals.

Curry was the unanimous MVP and LeBron was playing better in games 5 6 7. Curry couldn't do anything to stop Bron.

https://static01.nyt.com/images/2016/06/19/sports/19aratonjp/19aratonjp-superJumbo.jpg

It's true. Most haters don't want to admit it but holding the 30 ppg UMVP 50/40/90 73-win player to 22 on 40% is why LeAnchor is the goat winner.

SouBeachTalents
10-14-2021, 08:09 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rkm3LVYhInM

TheCorporation
10-14-2021, 09:09 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rkm3LVYhInM

LeAnchor!

Kobe_Bryant
10-14-2021, 09:15 PM
nobody counts 2016 cause of the draymond suspension, kyrie bail out.. sorry

kyrie doubled lebrons scoring in the first 3 cavs wins before the games became blow outs. then hit that step back 3 after lebron bricked 4 straight shots in the 4th Q.

its kyrie and silvers ring. not lebrons

Kobe_Bryant
10-14-2021, 09:16 PM
and curry wasn't even the leader at the time. draymond was finals mvp front runner lol

RRR3
10-14-2021, 09:16 PM
2016 is greater than anything Kobe ever did by a mile and it tears Kenny apart.

Kobe_Bryant
10-14-2021, 09:18 PM

you're like a new wnba fan. no context bran fan wiki page reader. 2016 looks great when all you do is read a box score and see who won finals mvp. it's like my wnba knowledge. congrats. I made a thread about it too

http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?498227-proof-that-every-lebron-fan-knows-absolutely-nothing-about-basketball

take a look. it's about you kiddo

RRR3
10-14-2021, 09:21 PM
Tears steaming down Kenny’s face rn.

3ba11
10-14-2021, 09:28 PM
Cavs were originally favored based on sheer talent (preseason odds)

Only a weak brand of ball allowed Lebron/Kyrie to win 50 games each year, while Curry/Klay won 73 - it's a black mark on Lebron's career that bron-ball couldn't win 60 with a Kyrie/Love super-team.

That simply isn't top 10 all-time... :confusedshrug:... a top 10 player will always win 60+ with a big 3... The 2016 Finals should've been a contest of 2 titans that flirted with 70 wins, but instead it was billed as a mismatch because Lebron/Kyrie could barely win 50 games.

Ultimately, rings with super-teams and 1b's (equal-scoring partners) and the lowest quality rings possible

RRR3
10-14-2021, 09:30 PM
Snivelball.

3ba11
10-14-2021, 09:35 PM
Snivelball.

The fake goat can't win 60 with a big 3 super-team.......... 4 years in a row!!!... barely winning 50 games with a damn super-team!!

it's all part of the fraud to pretend he overcame great odds... lol... biggest fraud ever

RRR3
10-14-2021, 09:38 PM
Snivelball.

8Ball
10-14-2021, 10:15 PM

2016 is greater than anything Jordan ever did, let alone Kobe.

warriorfan
10-14-2021, 10:18 PM
Meltdown

3ba11
10-14-2021, 10:22 PM

if Pippen destroyed MVP Barkley or Malone, no one would say that Jordan had the goat accomplishment by winning that series - it's literally preposterous and demonstrates the fraud going on with Lebron's career..

Ultimately, the only way that Jordan's rings could be reduced to Lebron's 2016 ring is if Pippen destroyed MVP Malone or Barkley like Kyrie did Curry.. But Pippen averaged 19 on 42% for his Finals career (barely half of Jordan's production, aka carried), while Kyrie and Lebron both average 28 for their Finals career (shared load)..

TheCorporation
10-14-2021, 11:40 PM

THIS

+1

Dagger

TheCorporation
10-14-2021, 11:41 PM
Meltdown

Yep you know those best :lol

SaintzFury13
10-14-2021, 11:46 PM
nobody counts 2016 cause of the draymond suspension, kyrie bail out.. sorry

Literally every single person in the world with a functioning brain counts 2016.

Axe
10-15-2021, 12:23 AM
Curry got bukkaked by the mighty king kong in that series that resulted into dingo not winning finals mvp for the second straight time.

Axe
10-15-2021, 12:24 AM
Yep you know those best :lol
1/1 finals mvp in 2015. :yaohappy:

10-15-2021, 02:00 AM
it's like my wnba knowledge.

Kobe what did you mean when you said some wnba players could play in the nba?

Kobe_Bryant
10-15-2021, 02:14 AM
Kobe what did you mean when you said some wnba players could play in the nba?

every pro feminist/wnba comment I ever made was just me trying to set an example for my family

Kobe_Bryant
10-15-2021, 02:16 AM
Literally every single person in the world with a functioning brain counts 2016.

literally no one counts 2016 but roid fans sorry. it's all I ever hear when that ring comes up. "what about draymond. what about kyries shot. what about the team hopping and collusions". only a complete Homer ignores that shit

SaintzFury13
10-15-2021, 11:25 AM
literally no one counts 2016 but roid fans sorry. it's all I ever hear when that ring comes up. "what about draymond. what about kyries shot. what about the team hopping and collusions". only a complete Homer ignores that shit

There's nothing to ignore here. Why does Kyrie's shot matter? Cleveland still wins the game without it. Why does Draymond's suspension matter? Warriors still had two additional games with him playing. LeBron left a team that was experienced and had gone to four straight finals and went to a team that was in the lottery and unproven and inexperienced.

And there was no collusion in Cleveland. Learn what the term "collusion" means.

Everyone counts 2016. It's a far greater accomplishment than anything Kobe Bryant has ever done in his career.

You'd have to be an idiot to suggest otherwise.

dankok8
10-15-2021, 02:18 PM
If Kyrie doesn't hit that 3 pointer do the Warriors win?

What ifs are stupid. I know thread quality on here is low but come on...

Kobe_Bryant
10-15-2021, 02:27 PM
There's nothing to ignore here. Why does Kyrie's shot matter? Cleveland still wins the game without it. Why does Draymond's suspension matter? Warriors still had two additional games with him playing. LeBron left a team that was experienced and had gone to four straight finals and went to a team that was in the lottery and unproven and inexperienced.

And there was no collusion in Cleveland. Learn what the term "collusion" means.

Everyone counts 2016. It's a far greater accomplishment than anything Kobe Bryant has ever done in his career.

You'd have to be an idiot to suggest otherwise.

lebron was shook before kyrie put them up 3. lebron only attacked and got fouled and had the confidence to go to the line because they had a cushion. he had missed his last 4 shots prior so no the cavs probly don't win without that kyrie bail out.

and it doesn't even get to a game 7 if draymonds there for game 5. he was by far the leading candidate for finals mvp. he was amazing before that bullshit decision. lebron literally called Adam silver after Brian Wildhorse showed him a replay of what happened after the game and a Jewish lawyer with zero basketball training or time as an official decided to retroactively assess a technical foul after the refs during the game decided it was a play on. that's pure cheating and rigging to the extreme. it's collusion with the league head office. period

Kobe_Bryant
10-15-2021, 02:31 PM
If Kyrie doesn't hit that 3 pointer do the Warriors win?

What ifs are stupid. I know thread quality on here is low but come on...

nobody said it doesn't count because of kyries shot. it just means kyrie should get the most credit. him and lebron had basically the same scoring average for the series almost. kyrie doubled lebrons scoring in the first 3 wins before the games became blow outs. he hit the series winning shot. I dont care what kind of garbage time stat padding lebron did or who got the mvp. its kyries ring and silver helped too with the draymond suspension. it's not a clean ring and basically worth almost nothing like Duncan's 1999 title and lebrons 2012, 2013 and 2020 titles because they're anomalies. they involved fake seasons or bail outs with collusion and tampering. theyre not legit. period. end of discussion

Manny98
10-15-2021, 02:40 PM
Jordan and Kobe both 3-peated and won without needing to collude and form superteams

8Ball
10-15-2021, 02:55 PM
Jordan 3 peated in the weakest era in NBA history. Only 1 superteam and it was Jordan's. Name the other 90s superteam.

Kobe got some JR smith level ring in 2000.

Manny98
10-15-2021, 02:57 PM
Bulls weren't a superteam, they just happened to have the GOAT :facepalm

8Ball
10-15-2021, 02:59 PM
Wrong.

Scottie Pippen was a top 5-10 player for all the 90s.

3× All-NBA First Team (1994–1996)
2× All-NBA Second Team (1992, 1997)
2× All-NBA Third Team (1993, 1998)
8× NBA All-Defensive First Team (1992–1999)
2× NBA All-Defensive Second Team (1991, 2000)

Manny98
10-15-2021, 03:00 PM
So? that doesn't make them a superteam

SaintzFury13
10-15-2021, 05:59 PM
lebron was shook before kyrie put them up 3. lebron only attacked and got fouled and had the confidence to go to the line because they had a cushion. he had missed his last 4 shots prior so no the cavs probly don't win without that kyrie bail out.

LeBron was missing shots, but by no means was he "shook". The days of LeBron being shook in those situations were long gone by that point. It was 2016, not 2006.

and it doesn't even get to a game 7 if draymonds there for game 5. he was by far the leading candidate for finals mvp. he was amazing before that bullshit decision.

No one is denying this. I think pretty much everyone agrees that Draymond getting suspended is the only reason Cleveland made it past game 5. But that still leaves us with games 6 and 7, and LeBron still put on two historic performances in those games as well, games that Draymond played in. There is no excuse at that point. You can throw out Iggy and Curry being injured if you want to, but the problem with that logic is that they had both been injured throughout the entire series and that didn't stop them from getting a 3-1 lead, including a massive blowout win in game 2. If you want to tell me that Andrew Bogut, who averaged less than 15 MPG, made THAT BIG of a difference to the point where it is the only reason Cleveland won games 6 and 7, well, lets just say that you have a better chance of convincing people you're Kobe Bryant than convincing people of that bullshit narrative.

lebron literally called Adam silver after Brian Wildhorse showed him a replay of what happened after the game and a Jewish lawyer with zero basketball training or time as an official decided to retroactively assess a technical foul after the refs during the game decided it was a play on. that's pure cheating and rigging to the extreme. it's collusion with the league head office. period

Okay, so prove that this event happened. Give us the evidence that LeBron called Adam Silver and had him suspend Draymond. You continue to say over and over again that he did it, so you should have no problem proving it happened.

Vragrant
10-15-2021, 06:59 PM
Lebron didn't clamp Curry, the Cavs basically has 2 defenders on him at all times. Shoot, they even doubled him off the pick and roll and left the roll man open. Might have even won that series if Harrison Barnes didn't go 0-8 in game 6 who the Cavs left WIDE open, in fear of Curry. Not only that the Cavs were pretty much allowed to play rugby on him. Looking back I can't remember a series in the last decade where a player got as much defensive attention as Curry got in that series.

Kobe_Bryant
10-15-2021, 07:52 PM
Jordan 3 peated in the weakest era in NBA history. Only 1 superteam and it was Jordan's. Name the other 90s superteam.

when did JR smith win a ring averaging 23ppg for the season. 21ppg for the playoffs and 19ppg for the finals(minus a 2 point 1st Q injury) while saving an entire series from collapsing twice

dankok8
10-15-2021, 09:26 PM

Jordan's Bulls swept and backdoor swept the Bad Boy Pistons and Showtime Lakers in 1991 both of whom are historical dynasties.

2much_knowledge
10-15-2021, 09:33 PM
Y a w n

TheCorporation
10-15-2021, 11:18 PM
So? that doesn't make them a superteam

Manny when did you get dumb? Bulls were a super team 100% You can literally delete MJ and replace him with another Pippen and they are still the best team in the league...

Pippen + Pippen + Grant from 1991 to 1993 Who is beating that in the 90s? NOBODY

Axe
10-16-2021, 07:16 AM
Jordan's Bulls swept and backdoor swept the Bad Boy Pistons and Showtime Lakers in 1991 both of whom are historical dynasties.
They did so after the flagrant foul was implemented into the league.

BigShotBob
10-17-2021, 09:22 AM
They did so after the flagrant foul was implemented into the league.

You just invalidated every playoff series after 1991 then.

BigShotBob
10-17-2021, 09:23 AM
Manny when did you get dumb? Bulls were a super team 100% You can literally delete MJ and replace him with another Pippen and they are still the best team in the league...

Pippen + Pippen + Grant from 1991 to 1993 Who is beating that in the 90s? NOBODY

Pippen's peak 22 ppg isn't winning against anything without MJ scoring 30% of the Bulls's points (this is a real statistic)

TheCorporation
10-17-2021, 10:21 AM
Pippen's peak 22 ppg isn't winning against anything without MJ scoring 30% of the Bulls's points (this is a real statistic)

I'll give you a second chance

The Bulls were 100% a super team, you can literally delete MJ and replace him with another Pippen and they still are the best team in the league.

Pippen + Pippen + Grant, who is beating that in the 90s? NOBODY

SaintzFury13
10-17-2021, 02:30 PM

The Lakers in 91 were without Kareem and lost Worthy due to injury halfway through the series. That team does not compare to the showtime Lakers of the 80s.

With that said, I can definitely see Jordan's Bulls beating the true showtime Lakers in a 7 game series. It would be far more competitive than what we got in 91, but I could still see the Bulls pulling out the victory.

SaintzFury13
10-17-2021, 02:31 PM

Jordan scoring 30% of the Bulls points isn't winning anything without Pippen's 20 PPG, his defense, and leadership.

BigShotBob
10-17-2021, 02:43 PM
Jordan scoring 30% of the Bulls points isn't winning anything without Pippen's 20 PPG, his defense, and leadership.

Pippen was going to traded for Shawn Kemp's 20/11 and his stalwart defense and intensity. He was also automatic from the mid-range as well.

Common sense. Pippen was far more easily replaceable than MJ was, even when accounting for intangibles.

SaintzFury13
10-17-2021, 03:07 PM
Pippen was going to traded for Shawn Kemp's 20/11 and his stalwart defense and intensity. He was also automatic from the mid-range as well.

Common sense. Pippen was far more easily replaceable than MJ was, even when accounting for intangibles.

Shawn Kemp doesn't bring the playmaking or defense Pippen does, nor does he fit with Jordan's style of play as easily. Pippen as a talent might have been replaceable, but in terms of fit, no one in the entire NBA was a better fit being Jordan's robin than Pippen. It's as perfect of a match as it gets.

BigShotBob
10-18-2021, 12:54 AM
Shawn Kemp doesn't bring the playmaking or defense Pippen does, nor does he fit with Jordan's style of play as easily. Pippen as a talent might have been replaceable, but in terms of fit, no one in the entire NBA was a better fit being Jordan's robin than Pippen. It's as perfect of a match as it gets.

Pippen doesn't have Kemp's versality to cause complete mayhem on the frontcourt. MJ never played with a dominant big that he could lob or just dump the ball to, and Kemp could rebound and go up and take other bigs off of the dribble. The dimension he'd add to the triangle would be otherwordly in ways that Pippen couldn't either.

Pippen was a good fit due to chemistry, but don't forget that both Mark Jackson, Kevin Johnson, and Reggie Miller were in that same draft class as well. MJ still wins 6 rings with all of those guys as running mates.

Axe
10-18-2021, 01:13 AM
You just invalidated every playoff series after 1991 then.
Not invalidating anything. It's actually true.

BigShotBob
10-18-2021, 05:07 PM
Not invalidating anything. It's actually true.

I know it's true. I was there. But to say the difference between the Bulls losing that series and the Pistons losing every single game 0-4 and being swept is due to the flagrant foul rule sounds like you were discrediting them.

Honor Boost
10-18-2021, 05:09 PM
Curry was hurt. Bogut was hurt. Asterisk ring.

SaintzFury13
10-19-2021, 06:08 AM
Pippen doesn't have Kemp's versality to cause complete mayhem on the frontcourt. MJ never played with a dominant big that he could lob or just dump the ball to, and Kemp could rebound and go up and take other bigs off of the dribble. The dimension he'd add to the triangle would be otherwordly in ways that Pippen couldn't either.

And that's really good and all, but you no longer have an elite playmaker running the Bulls offense, which was key to their success.

Pippen was a good fit due to chemistry, but don't forget that both Mark Jackson, Kevin Johnson, and Reggie Miller were in that same draft class as well. MJ still wins 6 rings with all of those guys as running mates.

None of these guys are superior to Pippen, and Jordan absolutely does not win 6 rings if he has Reggie ****ing Miller as his teammate. Just no.

Axe
10-19-2021, 06:36 AM
I know it's true. I was there. But to say the difference between the Bulls losing that series and the Pistons losing every single game 0-4 and being swept is due to the flagrant foul rule sounds like you were discrediting them.
I mean the bulls did take them to game 7 in the 1990 ecf but that wasn't enough tho. I like the team but i can't deny that. At least they did capitalized on that which is always a good thing. Just being a realist here you know.

dankok8
10-19-2021, 12:50 PM
If Jordan entered the NBA out of high school and his father never got killed wouldn't he be the indisputable GOAT? He would play consecutively from 1981-1998 then 2002-2003. He would have played 19 seasons and probably retire with like 43-45k points and own a lot of other longevity based records too. All as a result of non-basketball factors...

Axe
10-20-2021, 01:25 AM
If Jordan entered the NBA out of high school and his father never got killed wouldn't he be the indisputable GOAT? He would play consecutively from 1981-1998 then 2002-2003. He would have played 19 seasons and probably retire with like 43-45k points and own a lot of other longevity based records too. All as a result of non-basketball factors...
That seems exaggerated. Around 40k is more realistic.