PDA

View Full Version : GOAT STAT PADDER KEVIN LOVE has been a nobody since LBJ left

TAZORAC
10-14-2021, 11:52 PM
Kevin Love who has always been the most overrated 20 10 guy in NBA history, who can't play a lick of defense, has gone missing every since LBJ left the CAVS.

Kevin Love has never been on the level to be apart of anybody's "big 3". Steven Adams will never have his stats and has always been a more effective player.

Kobe_Bryant
10-14-2021, 11:56 PM
hes an undersized low post scorer turned 3 point shooting stretch 4... I dont think today's NBA has a place for a guy like that on a star level

do you think he should post up 20 times each game?

3ba11
10-14-2021, 11:58 PM
Guys like Love have short primes and Love sacrificed his short prime for Lebron-ball.

Btw, if everyone on a team was a worse scorer than Horace Grant, then the team would win 0 games, so Love winning 40 in the West with no help is pretty good - he was an elite 1st option with all-time statistical production levels before joining bron-ball and becoming a spot-up shooter.

Axe
10-15-2021, 12:47 AM
Op mirroring 3ball's treatment with pippen to one of kong's teammates.

Spurs m8
10-15-2021, 03:01 AM
We all know who the king of stat padding is...

Don't even try lmao

Axe
10-15-2021, 03:06 AM
Krazy m8

8Ball
10-15-2021, 05:58 AM

Don't even try lmao

Which player is your favorite, derozan or kawhi?

j3lademaster
10-15-2021, 12:22 PM

Don't even try lmaoRussell Westbrook.

j3lademaster
10-15-2021, 12:23 PM
Which player is your favorite, derozan or kawhi?Derozan has been low-key good since his move to the 4. Statistically he's one of the best iso scorers in the league last year.

Airupthere
10-15-2021, 12:26 PM
Russell Westbrook.

If westbrook is your answer, wait 'til you see him get bronballed to smitherinees this season. Then let's see who the real opportunist and statpadder is.

SaintzFury13
10-15-2021, 12:32 PM
If westbrook is your answer, wait 'til you see him get bronballed to smitherinees this season. Then let's see who the real opportunist and statpadder is.

If LeBron was a stat padder, he would have averaged a triple double every season since 2008.

bizil
10-15-2021, 12:47 PM
Love's mark was being a consistent 20 PPG and 12 RPG true PF type who is ALSO an elite stretch PF. Durability issues ultimately did him in. In Minny, u can't knock the man for the numbers he put up. He was the modern day Jerry Lucas just fell off All Star caliber due to the injuries. But shit 5 All Star Games, a ring, a rebounding title, Gold medal, and two All NBA teams aint a bad career at all. Just aint gonna make the HOF like he was projected. IF the durability shit didn't get to him, he would be fine as a small ball 5 right now. Can't protect the paint BUT he would be among the best rebounders in the league. And from there,would be among the top shooting 5's in the league. Difference with Love is AT LEAST he played like a beast on the glass! Some small ball fives and PF's don't really play big on the glass OR defensively!

Kblaze8855
10-15-2021, 05:26 PM
.Guys like Love have short primes and Love sacrificed his short prime for Lebron-ball.

Pretty much everything about Loves game is made to age well. Low post scoring, outside shooting, rebounding, and passing from a player who doesn’t rely on overwhelming athletic ability?

Kevin Love was not supposed to age quickly.

SaintzFury13
10-15-2021, 05:45 PM
Love's mark was being a consistent 20 PPG and 12 RPG true PF type who is ALSO an elite stretch PF. Durability issues ultimately did him in. In Minny, u can't knock the man for the numbers he put up. He was the modern day Jerry Lucas just fell off All Star caliber due to the injuries. But shit 5 All Star Games, a ring, a rebounding title, Gold medal, and two All NBA teams aint a bad career at all. Just aint gonna make the HOF like he was projected. IF the durability shit didn't get to him, he would be fine as a small ball 5 right now. Can't protect the paint BUT he would be among the best rebounders in the league. And from there,would be among the top shooting 5's in the league. Difference with Love is AT LEAST he played like a beast on the glass! Some small ball fives and PF's don't really play big on the glass OR defensively!

I think Kevin Love has a decent chance at making the Hall of Fame. It might not happen right now, but later down the road. He has the accolades, has made a few NBA records that we might not see broken for quite some time, and he even has a memorable NBA Finals moment (locking up Curry).

I think what really attributed to Love's decline wasn't the injuries themselves, but that contract he signed with Cleveland after LeBron left.

When he signed that new deal with Cleveland, I think he expected them to still be a competitive team that he could be the leader of. He wanted it to be a situation kind of like what Scottie Pippen went through when Jordan first left where he was still a superstar caliber player and helped lead the Bulls back into the playoffs. Obviously he didn't expect them to be finals bound at first, but I think he imagined them still at least being able to make the playoffs, and then they continue to build pieces around him and he maybe one day gets them back. After all, everyone's attitude on the Cavaliers at the time was still that they were looking to compete and were expecting to be back in playoff contention.

But then reality set in when Kevin realized Cleveland was not anything special without LeBron. And the problem with that was that he was now stuck in Cleveland and had no way of getting out. He just signed a new contract so he wasn't eligible to be traded yet, and by the time he was, he already had injury and underperformance issues. He basically became untradeable. And just like that, pretty much any decent years that he had left were now going to waste being stuck in Cleveland. Yeah, he's getting his money, but he's not winning games anymore. And that bothers him greatly because that's all he ever wanted to do was win.

I am happy for the man nonetheless. There are guys in the hall of fame who have never won a championship. Kevin Love can retire one day and call himself a champion. I'm glad he got to experience that moment.

Spurs m8
10-15-2021, 05:53 PM
Which player is your favorite, derozan or kawhi?

Jock Landale, mate

bizil
10-15-2021, 06:05 PM
I think Kevin Love has a decent chance at making the Hall of Fame. It might not happen right now, but later down the road. He has the accolades, has made a few NBA records that we might not see broken for quite some time, and he even has a memorable NBA Finals moment (locking up Curry).

I think what really attributed to Love's decline wasn't the injuries themselves, but that contract he signed with Cleveland after LeBron left.

When he signed that new deal with Cleveland, I think he expected them to still be a competitive team that he could be the leader of. He wanted it to be a situation kind of like what Scottie Pippen went through when Jordan first left where he was still a superstar caliber player and helped lead the Bulls back into the playoffs. Obviously he didn't expect them to be finals bound at first, but I think he imagined them still at least being able to make the playoffs, and then they continue to build pieces around him and he maybe one day gets them back. After all, everyone's attitude on the Cavaliers at the time was still that they were looking to compete and were expecting to be back in playoff contention.

But then reality set in when Kevin realized Cleveland was not anything special without LeBron. And the problem with that was that he was now stuck in Cleveland and had no way of getting out. He just signed a new contract so he wasn't eligible to be traded yet, and by the time he was, he already had injury and underperformance issues. He basically became untradeable. And just like that, pretty much any decent years that he had left were now going to waste being stuck in Cleveland. Yeah, he's getting his money, but he's not winning games anymore. And that bothers him greatly because that's all he ever wanted to do was win.

I am happy for the man nonetheless. There are guys in the hall of fame who have never won a championship. Kevin Love can retire one day and call himself a champion. I'm glad he got to experience that moment.

Good points! When it comes to the HOF, Love was on a true 1st ballot type of track at one point. As of now, he's not a 1st ballot type of guy in my opinion. And I think the physical AND mental stuff caught up with him. He's NOT CAPABLE of putting up those Minny type of numbers anymore. His first 3 or 4 years in Cleveland, he was still a 23 PPG 13-14 RPG caliber PF. Truly was a top 5 caliber PF still. But was the third option, his numbers took a hit.

ONCE Bron and Kyrie hit the bricks, IT WAS TIME for the 23 PPG 13-14 RPG K Love to return. IN ORDER for the Cavs to have their best shot at winning. And he's only 33 years old. An age where MANY OF THE GREATS are still in their prime years. Some may be past their peak at that age, BUT they are still in backend prime mode. And EVEN IF they are past their backend prime years, some are still All Star caliber players at least. K Love is clearly past his prime at this point. And likely isn't even All Star caliber (doesn't have to make the actual game, jus saying in terms of caliber) anymore. We'll have to see how he comes back this year.

dankok8
10-16-2021, 05:37 PM
Love's numbers stayed the same when Lebron left in 2018. For the next two injury plagued seasons, he put up the same stats he did with Lebron around 17/10 on solid efficiency.