PDA

View Full Version : SJW's putting the final nail in the comic book coffin

Duderonomy
10-15-2021, 10:15 AM
The printed page is already on the way out so DC/marvel have decided wokeness is the way to grow the new fan base.
https://youtu.be/ij7GSVjAZsI

DoctorP
10-15-2021, 10:46 AM
Shitty writers + corporate profits + capitalism = comics industry

DoctorP
10-15-2021, 10:49 AM
https://d3i71xaburhd42.cloudfront.net/38aca563c144070c7104f20e2700648a641efb13/50-Figure1.12-1.png

Bronbron23
10-15-2021, 10:54 AM
The printed page is already on the way out so DC/marvel have decided wokeness is the way to grow the new fan base.
https://youtu.be/ij7GSVjAZsI

This is why i laugh at almost any evolution argument. Things evolve to better survive harsh environments. This generation is the most pussyfied least harsh era ever. They're evolving alright. Evolving into a bunch bitch ass ninjas.

DoctorP
10-15-2021, 10:57 AM
This is why i laugh at almost any evolution argument. Things evolve to better survive harsh environments. This generation is the most pussyfied least harsh era ever. They're evolving alright. Evolving into a bunch bitch ass ninjas.

Makes sense. Ever see Demolition Man?

DoctorP
10-15-2021, 11:11 AM
Enjoy and respect the peace.

CelticBaller
10-15-2021, 11:18 AM
Comics been dead for a while, the fact is that all this pandering is just to gain new fans and apparently is doing the opposite.

They should just see what manga is doing and replicate it tbh. I rather read/watch a show about samurais killing demons than Superman kissing boys

Bronbron23
10-15-2021, 11:32 AM
Makes sense. Ever see Demolition Man?

Think so. The one with wesley and stallone?

hold this L
10-15-2021, 11:44 AM
Comics been dead for a while, the fact is that all this pandering is just to gain new fans and apparently is doing the opposite.

They should just see what manga is doing and replicate it tbh. I rather read/watch a show about samurais killing demons than Superman kissing boys

Issue is the two mediums have two completely different styles. Comic books focus on keeping the same stories but change them up. Manga is about find the new hot thing, that's completely new. The chance for something blowing for manga is because of that, far, far more likely. Apparently now manga in America sells significantly higher than comic books. I would have thought that to be impossible 10-15 years ago.

DoctorP
10-15-2021, 11:51 AM
Think so. The one with wesley and stallone?

yeah. it's brilliant and will give you perspective on things.

https://i.ibb.co/sQBDh4r/5d8bc348-1f62-49af-adf7-674d41ed5f1c-1-010a942d7cdca0e7807c8990ecfcff5b.jpg

It's also the reason Dennis Rodman started coloring his hair. :lol

Off the Court
10-15-2021, 11:52 AM

Our harsh environment of sitting behind a computer all day? We are evolving into big headed science minded aliens. We don't need to evolve into rugged brutal bad asses built to withstand the harsh conditions of nature because that is no longer our environment.

DoctorP
10-15-2021, 11:53 AM
Issue is the two mediums have two completely different styles. Comic books focus on keeping the same stories but change them up. Manga is about find the new hot thing, that's completely new. The chance for something blowing for manga is because of that, far, far more likely. Apparently now manga in America sells significantly higher than comic books. I would have thought that to be impossible 10-15 years ago.

Manga is usually higher quality and the kids are not dumb. A lot of these old people complaining about comics in the news havent bought a comic since the 80s probably :lol why would the comics business pander to them?

FultzNationRISE
10-15-2021, 12:22 PM
Our harsh environment of sitting behind a computer all day? We are evolving into big headed science minded aliens. We don't need to evolve into rugged brutal bad asses built to withstand the harsh conditions of nature because that is no longer our environment.

Well jizzo, we're not genetically evolving, because there are no traits important for survival anymore. Everyone survives, unless they fall victim to a freak accident or rare terminal disease. So our genes aren't being funneled in a particular direction as they would have been when access to the most basic necessities and the knowledge of basic sanitation/health were far more limited.

We are, however, spending more time and energy developing the capacity our species currently has for technology etc. Which is still considerable if you start kids at a young age. Altho of course it varies from individual to individual.

However technology and abundance doesn't change the competitive nature of society. That's really the big rub. There's no way to escape our competitive nature. Whether it's with clubs and sticks or words and computers. It's as fundamental as life itself.

baudkarma
10-15-2021, 12:33 PM

Comics are doing fine. Sales in Summer 2021 were the highest in five years.

https://screenrant.com/comic-sales-summer-2021-highest-five-years/

The market has shifted. Comic buyers are no longer kids buying them to read them, these days it's adults buying them to collect them. So comics strive to be collectible, and you can only kill Superman so many times. So he'll come out of the closet and the issue will have massive sales. I don't like it either, but collectors don't care.

DoctorP
10-15-2021, 12:43 PM
Comics are doing fine. Sales in Summer 2021 were the highest in five years.

https://screenrant.com/comic-sales-summer-2021-highest-five-years/

The market has shifted. Comic buyers are no longer kids buying them to read them, these days it's adults buying them to collect them. So comics strive to be collectible, and you can only kill Superman so many times. So he'll come out of the closet and the issue will have massive sales. I don't like it either, but collectors don't care.

Pandemic bubble but your point stands.

FultzNationRISE
10-15-2021, 01:05 PM

In the case of media, I don't think it's always about profits anyway. MSNBC and CNN certainly don't have great profit models, yet they never fold.

Most corps are heavily dependent on banks, so banks decide how many corps operate. I think in terms of media, banks want to make sure the right propaganda is put out there, even if it means continuously lending to struggling outlets. I'd imagine it's simply considered a cost-of-business to keep America enthused about fighting Nazis, witch hunting the unvaccinated, martyring transgenders etc.

It's nothin to them to prop up a few comic book companies with a product that doesnt sell, but keeps discussions like these happening on message boards when we could instad be talking about ways to create more accountability for banks.

Most people don't internally determine issues of importance. They follow public narratives and chime in. As long as people in charge can control the narrative, they can always steer the public either toward one thing, or sometimes more importantly, away from another thing. I don't think banks and corporate CEOs care if transgenders are more normalized. They'd just rather have that talked about than ways to have leaders held more accountable.

And obviously, it works. These peeps know what they're doing.

Bronbron23
10-15-2021, 01:13 PM

Yeah technology and computers are definitely a factor but i wouldn't say it's turning us smarter overall. Intelligence is a wide range of things and it seems like the smarter we get book or computer wise the dumber we get practically and common sense wise. The world is a mess right now and it's only gonna get worse.

jstern
10-15-2021, 05:10 PM
Evolution is a strong force that I guess you can say is based on logic. It's not magical, where things just magically get better. If running fast is a strong factor determining who gets to live long enough to reproduce, then those who are too slow will unfortunately die. If it then becomes a complete non factor, then you're going to have people who can't run fast reproducing at a high rate, mixing and mixing with those who run the fastest. Until overall humans can't run as fast.

The same with intelligence. Modern society eliminates the need to be intelligent in order to reproduce. People who make the best decisions wait longer to have babies, and thus have less. (Though it's not about how smart you are, but your character as a person.) That pressure of being smart to survive is not there.

Look at dogs. Dogs actually live in pain, because their evolutionary force is not driven by optimal physical factors, that constant pressure. But rather what the particular humans breeding them desire.

bladefd
10-15-2021, 11:01 PM
SJW is just a phase. Majority of people will get sick of it sooner or later. These phases don't last forever. People will move on to something else like they always do once something wears down over a certain time. MeToo is already slowly ramping down over last couple years.

Look at McCarthyism - that lasted what? 7-8yrs? There was a blacklist of possible communists for another 7-8yrs into early 60s.. Altogether, it lasted around 15yrs. We are already 7-8yrs into the SJW phase.

The problem is people giving too much credence to what random unnamed people on twitter/facebook have to say. It pretty much can all be traced to twitter's rise early in 2010s.