PDA

View Full Version : Jerry West: Michael Jordan Is The MOST Skilled Player I've Ever Seen

Poetry
10-18-2021, 11:20 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R2JnwdxwTAQ

He's said it before, but it's interesting to see his opinion hasn't changed after all of these years.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dFfgC4PVi3o

ClipperRevival
10-18-2021, 11:54 AM
West said something nuanced that casuals won't understand. Like MJ's ability to explode off the floor with very little wind up. Some guys can jump high, but it takes them a while to wind up and gather, and during that time, the defense has more time to react. MJ exploded off the floor instantly, with very little knee bend, which gave the D less time to react. Also the GOAT 1 and 2 foot leaper too.

https://c.tenor.com/yZxy1_1fO-8AAAAM/shawty-lo-run.gif

Kobe_Bryant
10-18-2021, 12:29 PM
I listened to the video and he only talks about how fast MJ could run or how high he could jump.

I think what he meant to say is the most physically talented and skilled combo ever

which is probably true. guys like me, Durant, bird and hakeem didn't have his physical advantages but we were definitely more skilled

j3lademaster
10-18-2021, 01:09 PM
I think it's between Kobe and Curry, but saying it's Jordan isn't some out of line statement.

eliteballer
10-18-2021, 01:20 PM
Phil said Kobe’s more skilled.

3ba11
10-18-2021, 01:39 PM
I listened to the video and he only talks about how fast MJ could run or how high he could jump.

I think what he meant to say is the most physically talented and skilled combo ever

which is probably true. guys like me, Durant, bird and hakeem didn't have his physical advantages but we were definitely more skilled

MJ is the only all-time athlete (Dr. J, Lebron, Wilt, Zion, Kemp, Dominique, etc) that was also an all-time jumpshooter from either 2-point or 3-point range. The only all-time shooter-athlete

Honestly, some of the stuff he did on hang-time jumpers - you know that's alien-like Kobe!!. You know that's beyond even your god-like ability

And let's not get started on the drop-step.. the power to overpower the defense by outhanging them

Hey Yo
10-18-2021, 01:58 PM
Phil said Kobe’s more skilled.

He also said Kobe was uncoachable.

eliteballer
10-18-2021, 01:59 PM
He also said Kobe was uncoachable.

When and where :rolleyes:

Bronbron23
10-18-2021, 02:00 PM
West said something nuanced that casuals won't understand. Like MJ's ability to explode off the floor with very little wind up. Some guys can jump high, but it takes them a while to wind up and gather, and during that time, the defense has more time to react. MJ exploded off the floor instantly, with very little knee bend, which gave the D less time to react. Also the GOAT 1 and 2 foot leaper too.

https://c.tenor.com/yZxy1_1fO-8AAAAM/shawty-lo-run.gif

Yeah i've had a few arguments with some bron stans about how mj is a much better leaper. He gets up almost as high off one but way higher off 2. Plus to speak on what west said mj's hops were way quicker. They don't really understand the quicker hops concept. Makes me wonder if and where they played. What baller dosn't know the difference?

eliteballer
10-18-2021, 02:05 PM
Yeah i've had a few arguments with some bron stans about how mj is a much better leaper. He gets up almost as high off one but way higher off 2. Plus to speak on what west said mj's hops were way quicker. They don't really understand the quicker hops concept. Makes me wonder if and where they played. What baller dosn't know the difference?
Lebrons on roids, his leaping is boosted.

j3lademaster
10-18-2021, 02:27 PM
Yeah i've had a few arguments with some bron stans about how mj is a much better leaper. He gets up almost as high off one but way higher off 2. Plus to speak on what west said mj's hops were way quicker. They don't really understand the quicker hops concept. Makes me wonder if and where they played. What baller dosn't know the difference?Lebron's too heavy to leap like that. Dudes with quick hops like Shawn Marion have to be lean.

Hey Yo
10-18-2021, 02:33 PM
When and where :rolleyes:

In his book, 11 rings.

Phoenix
10-18-2021, 02:41 PM

An all-time level shooter with guard handles, small forward quickness who happens to also be basically 7 feet.

'No physical advantages'

This thread is like the perfect vehicle for dumb Kenny drivel.

Vino24
10-18-2021, 02:43 PM
MJ was good but imagine a player with 5 MORE rings

SouBeachTalents
10-18-2021, 02:47 PM
Jordan wasn’t even that good at basketball

Vino24
10-18-2021, 02:49 PM
Jordan wasn’t even that good at basketball

Hold on. 3ball is going to write an entire essay based off a strangers feelings ;)

Axe
10-18-2021, 03:05 PM
Most skilled ballhog the league has ever seen.

SaintzFury13
10-18-2021, 04:22 PM
MJ is the only all-time athlete (Dr. J, Lebron, Wilt, Zion, Kemp, Dominique, etc) that was also an all-time jumpshooter from either 2-point or 3-point range. The only all-time shooter-athlete

In what way was MJ an all time jump shooter from 3?

Airupthere
10-18-2021, 05:08 PM
West just stating the obvious

SATAN
10-18-2021, 07:49 PM

It's almost as if MJ was 50 pounds lighter or something.