PDA

View Full Version : Higher All-Time: Pippen or Giannis

dankok8
10-19-2021, 12:03 AM
Who's higher on the all-time list right now?

SATAN
10-19-2021, 02:44 AM
One carried the phony goat to six championships while the other is generally regarded as talented but unskilled. :confusedshrug:

SaintzFury13
10-19-2021, 06:03 AM
Giannis will without question go down as the better player when his career is finished. But right now? It's Pippen.

dankok8
10-19-2021, 02:00 PM
Vote people!

Magic Is Magic
10-19-2021, 02:19 PM
Giannis will without question go down as the better player when his career is finished. But right now? It's Pippen.

I will cosign this.

HBK_Kliq_2
10-19-2021, 02:33 PM
Its like asking after 2001 does Shaq have a better career then Pippen? Most would say yes I think.

Giannis has double the mvps, more finals mvp, more defensive player of the years. Giannis career is clearly better and should be more compared to Jordan.

I don't value regular season totals that much, otherwise a guy like john Stockton would be like top 15 goat and even a guy like Carmello Anthony has career scoring totals of a top 10 or top 15 goat but is never even on top 50 lists, tony parker has more career playoff points then Larry Bird.

A prime of about 9-10 years is all you need, not this total scoring points shit. Kawhi and Giannis are well on their way.

TheCorporation
10-19-2021, 02:35 PM
Its like asking after 2001 does Shaq have a better career then Pippen? Most would say yes I think.

Giannis has double the mvps, more finals mvp, more defensive player of the years. Giannis career is clearly better and should be more compared to Jordan.

I don't value regular season totals that much, otherwise a guy like john Stockton would be like top 15 goat and even a guy like Carmello Anthony has career scoring totals of a top 10 or top 15 goat but is never even on top 50 lists, tony parker has more career playoff points then Larry Bird.

A prime of about 9-10 years is all you need, not this total scoring points shit. Kawhi and Giannis are well on their way.

A Kawhi fan that doesn't value consistency or longevity. Imagine that :lol

Phoenix
10-19-2021, 02:45 PM

Considering what Kawhi's career totals are likely to be, not surprising you'd die on that hill.

That said, the rest of your post didn't have me reaching for Advil and a bottle of 150 proof rum for once.

10-19-2021, 03:17 PM
A Kawhi fan that doesn't value consistency or longevity. Imagine that :lol

:roll:

ClipperRevival
10-19-2021, 05:10 PM
LOL. This board is mentally ill. You can make a poll with Pip and anyone else in history and this board will make it close.

Pip is THE most overrated player EVER. Not even close.

Manny98
10-19-2021, 05:14 PM
Giannis is a two time MVP and DPOY and has lead a team to a championship as a first option

That alone shits on Pippens entire resume

Like ClippersRevival said Pippen is getting massively overrated nowadays

dankok8
10-19-2021, 06:13 PM
LOL. This board is mentally ill. You can make a poll with Pip and anyone else in history and this board will make it close.

Pip is THE most overrated player EVER. Not even close.

I agree with you but a forum top 50 should represent the opinion of this forum. If most of this forum is Lebron stans then so be it! Mind you, RealGM is also full of people who stan Lebron and generally underrate Lebron's teammates and overrate Jordan's teammates in their agendas. It's not unique to this board although the level of trolling here is unique!

Nike D'Antoni
04-01-2023, 01:29 PM
Has any opinion changed? Seeing Giannis vs Barkley/Malone thread.

SouBeachTalents
04-01-2023, 03:45 PM
I just don't see any argument for Pippen outside of 2nd option titles. Giannis imo is a top 25 player now, Pippen's in the 30-35 range.

1987_Lakers
04-01-2023, 03:50 PM
I know it's an older thread, but why even make it? That's like asking who is higher all-time between Gary Payton & Luka. We all know Luka will eventually have the greater career once he is retired if he plays to his current level for years to come.

Xiao Yao You
04-01-2023, 03:50 PM
Pippen always was highly overrated. Giannis is the best player in the game today

Xiao Yao You
04-01-2023, 03:51 PM
I know it's an older thread, but why even make it? That's like asking who is higher all-time between Gary Payton & Luka. We all know Luka will eventually have the greater career once he is retired if he plays to his current level for years to come.

Luka will put up bigger numbers. Got a lot to prove otherwise

Full Court
04-01-2023, 04:27 PM
If he were to retire right now, I'd have to say it would go to Giannis. He's just got too many accolades that Pippen doesn't. FMVP, MPVs, DPOYs, etc.

L.Kizzle
04-01-2023, 04:38 PM
Giannis.
Giannis is in season ten, not season 3. He's secured his spot.

basketballcat
04-01-2023, 05:21 PM
The 90s GOAT, of course. :violin:

Axe
04-01-2023, 06:12 PM
One carried the phony goat to six championships while the other is generally regarded as talented but unskilled. :confusedshrug:
:roll:

Jasper
04-01-2023, 08:04 PM
pip is a top 50 / end discussion

3ba11
04-01-2023, 09:19 PM

1 goat-level FMVP ring > 6 Horry rings

(and actually, pippen is 0/6 in matching Horry's gamescore from the 95' Finals, aka he's 0/6 in matching Horry's overall boxscore & efficiency of 18/10/3/2/3 on 50%.... that's a low bar that everyone with a meaningful sample size will exceed, except Pippen)