PDA

View Full Version : What's your 2021-22 NBA MVP prediction?

insidehoops
10-19-2021, 05:37 PM
Who do you predict will win 2021-22 NBA MVP?

Shogon
10-19-2021, 05:38 PM
Unsure. Will depend on team record because voters are retarded.

Not to be vague but I haven't the faintest idea of where the team records will be... so... top vote receipients... not in order...

Luka, Steph, Giannis, Nikola, Donovan, Kawhi.

Would be shocked if MVP is someone not from those 6. Nah, **** that... take Kawhi off.

Luka, Steph, Giannis, Nikola or Donovan.

Jasper
10-19-2021, 06:12 PM
Durant ,,, but have a suspicion that Giannis is definitely in it.

Shogon
10-19-2021, 06:26 PM

Look I think Durant would win it if James Harden were not his teammate... but he is.

Otherwise Durant and Harden both would be likely near the top of the voting. And they still might be, you might be right. But I think they rob from each other in the voters' eyes.

SouBeachTalents
10-19-2021, 06:28 PM
I think it'll be either Luka or Curry

SouBeachTalents
10-19-2021, 06:28 PM
Durant probably won't even play enough games to be eligible for MVP :lol He'd have to have some extraordinary season to win

ImKobe
10-19-2021, 06:36 PM
AD, barring a freak injury. Lakers will have issues trying to fit Lebron & WB together with poor spacing but his defense & scoring ability will have the Lakers on top of the West and I expect Lebron to miss about 15 games with small injuries/load management too so he will have opportunities to really carry the offense with 40/15 w/ 3 blocks type games. He will lead the Lakers in everything but assists and might be my DPOY pick as well.

SouBeachTalents
10-19-2021, 06:41 PM
AD, barring a freak injury. Lakers will have issues trying to fit Lebron & WB together with poor spacing but his defense & scoring ability will have the Lakers on top of the West and I expect Lebron to miss about 15 games with small injuries/load management too so he will have opportunities to really carry the offense with 40/15 w/ 3 blocks type games. He will lead the Lakers in everything but assists and might be my DPOY pick as well.
AD dropped off pretty significantly last year. I'd be astonished if he's in MVP contention this year.

ImKobe
10-19-2021, 06:49 PM
AD dropped off pretty significantly last year. I'd be astonished if he's in MVP contention this year.

Why do you expect him to fall off at 28/29 without a significant injury? He's had a couple freak/small ones but was healthy from 17-20 and is in the middle of his damn prime. A player of his caliber is due for an ATG season and I think this year is perfect for it. He will be in the DPOY convo at the very least and will lead the Lakers in scoring/rebounding/steals/blocks so if we get the 1-2 seed I expect him to get a lot of votes.

Manny98
10-19-2021, 06:54 PM
If I had to put money on someone it would be Curry to win MVP

NBAGOAT
10-19-2021, 06:59 PM
i'll go luka. jokic is interesting because I think Denver can be decent even without murray for part of the season. ad is interesting but la will still get good games from lebron and westbrook. also ad wont be good enough on offense(not a great playmaker) and the lakers defense wont be what it was 2 years ago with their downgrades.

fsvr54
10-19-2021, 08:13 PM
Trae Young

Gohan
10-19-2021, 08:21 PM
I got giannis or curry

Nike D'Antoni
10-19-2021, 08:23 PM
Giannis

Durant won't play a full season.

Proctor
10-19-2021, 08:25 PM
Doncic simply for having the Mavs relevant

Nike D'Antoni
10-19-2021, 08:26 PM
You know I've been thinking Paul George if he can have Clippers top 3 In West without Kawhi.

Naero
10-19-2021, 09:00 PM
All I can confidently predict is who will and won't be in the mix.

Hopefully Giannis will be a frontrunner now that he's unprecluded by voter fatigue. Not that his postseason track record should've been a factor in the race to begin with, but they can no longer hold that against him after his title run.

Curry has a much better case this season assuming he picks up where he left off last year and that Klay will be a much-needed offensively well-rounded teammate. The challenge will be getting HCA-seeding in a historically stacked Western conference.

I wouldn't be shocked if Jokic repeated this year as well. Denver should be healthy enough and better defensively to attain a top seed out West, and the Joker's production shouldn't falter as he continues approaching his peak years.

My dark horse would be Trae Young given his trajectory and the Hawks' success under Nate McMillan.

While Doncic might be the best regular-season player, his team's record may be too subpar to qualify him for the award. Having followed a Jason Kidd-coached team for three and a half seasons, I don't have high hopes for the Mavericks this year.

Assuming the Lakers' and Nets' superstars are all healthy, they're all no-gos; they'll negate each others' cases.

If I had to bet on anyone, it'd be Giannis, but there are too many wildcards early on as usual for me to wage on anyone heftily.

Bronbron23
10-19-2021, 09:21 PM
Who do you predict will win 2021-22 NBA MVP?

Luka

Ryoka Narusawa
10-19-2021, 09:53 PM
Stephen Dingo Curry

Im Still Ballin
10-19-2021, 10:00 PM
LeBron James.

Wally450
10-19-2021, 10:08 PM
I want to see how a 34 year old Curry plays with Klay back in the lineup. I think he'd be my pick.

FultzNationRISE
10-19-2021, 10:22 PM
LeBron James.

This guy gets it.

Axe
10-20-2021, 01:30 AM
Joker b2b

10-20-2021, 09:58 AM
you know i've been thinking paul george if he can have clippers top 3 in west without kawhi.

lmao

HylianNightmare
10-20-2021, 10:01 AM
Hopefully giannis

tanibanana
10-20-2021, 10:05 AM
Too hard to predict, but I can only see 5-guys battling it out: Giannis, Durant, Jokic, Doncic, Embiid.

Shogon
11-09-2021, 10:29 AM
Well, very early but it's looking like Jokic, Embiid or Steph.

I'll be surprised if the 76ers stay in it over 82 but I could be very wrong.

One thing is for sure... Steph & Jokic look like the clear cut two best players in the league this season.

tpols
11-09-2021, 10:33 AM
Well, very early but it's looking like Jokic, Embiid or Steph.

I'll be surprised if the 76ers stay in it over 82 but I could be very wrong.

One thing is for sure... Steph & Jokic look like the clear cut two best players in the league this season.

Imagine if they played together. That would be the most ridiculous synergy in NBA history.

Shogon
11-09-2021, 10:33 AM
Also lol @ the idea that Steph is more valuable this year than last. He hasn't taken a step forward. He's about the same level of great that he has been for the past 6 years or 7 years.

It's funny how shifting rosters drastically change these conversations despite the candidates themselves staying at the same level of skill, relatively speaking.

Shogon
11-09-2021, 10:34 AM
Imagine if they played together. That would be the most ridiculous synergy in NBA history.

I was literally just thinking about that. It would be incredible.

hold this L
11-09-2021, 10:36 AM
Also lol @ the idea that Steph is more valuable this year than last. He hasn't taken a step forward. He's about the same level of great that he has been for the past 6 years or 7 years.

It's funny how shifting rosters drastically change these conversations despite the candidates themselves staying at the same level of skill, relatively speaking.

He was playing better last season IMO. Jokic has been the best individual player, then KD and Steph just behind Joker. Giannis probably 4th best, but his MVP chances are almost disappearing unless the Bucks go on an insane run. Started off very poorly as a team, and MVP storylines generally get built in the beginning of the season.

RRR3
11-09-2021, 10:45 AM
He was playing better last season IMO. Jokic has been the best individual player, then KD and Steph just behind Joker. Giannis probably 4th best, but his MVP chances are almost disappearing unless the Bucks go on an insane run. Started off very poorly as a team, and MVP storylines generally get built in the beginning of the season.
Steph honestly hasn’t even been that good (for his standards, that is. Obviously for a normal player he’s been amazing) before yesterday. Which is why I’m surprised y’all are doing so well. If you told me the Warriors would be 9-1 I would have expected Steph to be averaging 35 on god tier efficiency or something.

Manny98
11-09-2021, 10:56 AM
If I had to put money on someone it would be Curry to win MVP
Curry fam stand up :banana:

9-1 record with Jordan Poole as his second option
:bowdown:

LeBron could never.

PeroAntic
11-09-2021, 11:08 AM
Jimmy G. Buckets all the way.

hold this L
11-09-2021, 11:18 AM
Steph honestly hasn’t even been that good (for his standards, that is. Obviously for a normal player he’s been amazing) before yesterday. Which is why I’m surprised y’all are doing so well. If you told me the Warriors would be 9-1 I would have expected Steph to be averaging 35 on god tier efficiency or something.
It kind of depends. His shooting is way below his standard even after last night, and his TOs in some games have been horrible. But when he's not doing moronic, unforced TOs in games, he's been running the offense like an opera play. He's also working a lot more defensively. Still below his level like you said, but he has players with high IQ and shooters now. That was the biggest problem last season. Not just bad players, but bad players with no braincells. When Steph would make a move and make it easier for them last, they would still manage to f*ck it up.

Signing Bjelica, Ottomatic, and Iggy has been revelation moves. On top of that, absolutely nobody could have guessed what is happening with GP II. Not sustainable IMO, but I'll take it for as long as possible. JP is also better than last season but also still very streaky. For the Warriors to be serious contenders outside of health, they will need Klay to be somewhat close to his old level and JP to be a lot more consistent than he currently is. One good thing so far is because Steph's worst shooting nights have coincided with JP's best games this season. So he's playing well when we actually need him to which is huge.