PDA

View Full Version : Westbrook should come off the bench next game. Play the Manu Ginobili Role

Lebron23
10-20-2021, 02:07 AM
When LeBron and AD sits on the bench. Just surround him with 3 points shooters.

10-20-2021, 02:10 AM
Westbrick should come off the floor each game. Play the waterboy role

LeCola
10-20-2021, 02:10 AM
So, you say Rondo will be a starter.

Or

Rondo and Westbrook play together. :oldlol:

LeCola
10-20-2021, 02:13 AM
Rondo
Westbrook
Bazemore
Carmelo
Howard

:cheers:

HBK_Kliq_2
10-20-2021, 02:22 AM
No, no, no. Westbrook's ego will not allow that. He's an alltime great and wants a ring as a starter. Manu had his 2005 ring as a starter before accepting a 6th man role.

I hope he continues to start and make life a living hell for Lebron until GOAT Kawhi returns in march hahahaahaha and then Westbrook can really humiliate himself then because he hates Kawhi for turning him down for George in the 2019 offseason.

lakerstekkenn
10-20-2021, 02:50 AM
When LeBron and AD sits on the bench. Just surround him with 3 points shooters.

Russell needs to attack the basket and play his game getting easy layups and hit jumpers, then run the offense off of cuts and post, otherwise Russell will just fake like he's attacking the basket and kick it out, then run around cutting slashing without the ball, waiting to hit open threes.

Russell needs to play his game attack the rim, until he's used to the offensive system and can get easy buckets, until then he needs to be aggressive.

Phil used to do this when he first coached the Lakers until the players understood the Triangle, Phil would just let everyone play their games when needed just a free offensive system, Frank needs to let Russell play his game otherwise Russell won't be doing anything except scoring 8 points and running around, not being effective.

HylianNightmare
10-20-2021, 03:58 AM
Hopefully he keeps playing like this. I wanna see the Lakers fail

Manny98
10-20-2021, 05:55 AM
Why Westbrook has played on multiple different teams and not once has he had to massively change his role and style of play

LeBron ball does that to you though, reduces stars into role players

10-20-2021, 07:08 AM
Why Westbrook has played on multiple different teams and not once has he had to massively change his role and style of play

When was westbrick a 3rd or 4th option

ralph_i_el
10-20-2021, 07:29 AM
A guard that isn't respected as a threat from 3 when they catch the ball, they are going to be a drag on your half court offense in this era. It makes it too easy for the defense to recover from mistakes. Trust me, I've spent many years watching John Wall go absolutely balls out with individual brilliance just to produce an average team offense.

Manny98
10-20-2021, 07:44 AM
When was Westbrook reduced to a a catch and shoot guy

Only LeBron ball reduces stars to catch and shoot role players

Shogon
10-20-2021, 08:07 AM
Westbrook probably should come off of the bench. Him and LeBron probably shouldn't overlap playing time much at all. But maybe they figure it out anyways. Guess we'll see.

10-20-2021, 08:58 AM
When was Westbrook reduced to a a catch and shoot guy

Only LeBron ball reduces stars to catch and shoot role players

You didnt answer that

StrongLurk
10-20-2021, 12:45 PM
Westbrook shouldn't be on the team period.

Airupthere
10-20-2021, 12:53 PM
You all have to be patient. This is Lebron's main message to westbrook. If that is case then let it be so. The virtue of patience have been demonstrated throughout lebrons career. Lest we forget that it took year 2 for the MIA superteam to win a ring.

imdaman99
10-20-2021, 01:10 PM
We should give him a few more games and then cut him and/or ship him to China.
No way am I watching him if he goes there >>>> I can get on with my life and stop losing hair

jlip
10-20-2021, 02:24 PM
Westbrook shouldn't be on the team period.
This

AirBonner
10-20-2021, 02:32 PM
40 million a year bench player Lakers are FVCKED LOL

Cyrus334
10-20-2021, 02:35 PM
You all have to be patient. This is Lebron's main message to westbrook. If that is case then let it be so. The virtue of patience have been demonstrated throughout lebrons career. Lest we forget that it took year 2 for the MIA superteam to win a ring.

Except that was completely on Lebron lol. Miami's first year together they made the Finals despite their lack of chemistry and would have beaten Dallas had Lebron not pulled a houdini. Miami always had the pieces to fit they just needed time and Lebron to get his mental shit together. This Lakers team is not that. Yes they need time to gel with all the new pieces but one of those main pieces doesn't fit at all with their best player. Among all the star guards you could pair with Lebron, Westbrook is easily the worst one compatibility wise.

PP34Deuce
10-20-2021, 02:57 PM
I saw Russell timid. Unsure when to attack.

Lebron seemed to try to play off ball for shooting and high post passing.

When westbrook is with rondo..that's ugly...

lakerstekkenn
10-20-2021, 03:03 PM
Except that was completely on Lebron lol. Miami's first year together they made the Finals despite their lack of chemistry and would have beaten Dallas had Lebron not pulled a houdini. Miami always had the pieces to fit they just needed time and Lebron to get his mental shit together. This Lakers team is not that. Yes they need time to gel with all the new pieces but one of those main pieces doesn't fit at all with their best player. Among all the star guards you could pair with Lebron, Westbrook is easily the worst one compatibility wise.

The loss last night had nothing to do with Russell not scoring, it was because of defense, the Lakers had great scoring, if you have to have three all stars each scoring 30 points a game, plus bench scoring just to beat the Worriers without Clay, then you won't win a championship, period, you don't see Milwaukee players having to score 20 points each just to beat Brooklyn it's defense that wins championships, Gasol Fisher Odom and Kobe didn't need to each score 30 points just to win a championship, Kobe didn't need Fisher to score 30 points, The Lakers don't need Russell to score double digits to win, it would help but it's not needed they need to play better defense, they can't let role players beat them especially in the 4th quarter giving up over 30 points in the 4th, Russell can't score 30 points in the 4th so they could beat the Worriers, the team needs to holed teams to a low percentage scoring during the whole game especially in the 4th quarter.

jayfan
10-20-2021, 03:31 PM

Not a good example for the point you're trying to make. Westbrook blows. His role needs to be changed.

StrongLurk
10-20-2021, 04:18 PM
Westbrook might not be any better than Lonzo Ball was on this Lakers team, regardless of the talent difference.

AirBonner
10-20-2021, 04:25 PM
Rondo is a better fit with LeBron and AD tbh. He can hit open 3’s

Manny98
10-20-2021, 06:43 PM
Westbrook went from being a triple double machine co-carrying the Wizards to the playoffs to being one of the worst players in the NBA apparently :facepalm

Same thing with Love when he went from Minnesota to Cleveland

I wonder why...

ShawkFactory
10-20-2021, 06:53 PM
Westbrook went from being a triple double machine co-carrying the Wizards to the playoffs to being one of the worst players in the NBA apparently :facepalm

I wonder why...

Or he was an empty stat loser who was the second best player on a below .500 team that happened to be the 8 seed in the East.

I love being able to frame things however I want to fit my agenda.

AirBonner
10-20-2021, 06:55 PM

I wonder why...

Maybe because Westbrook shoots 20% for anything greater than 3ft from the hoop

imdaman99
10-21-2021, 09:39 AM
Or he was an empty stat loser who was the second best player on a below .500 team that happened to be the 8 seed in the East.

I love being able to frame things however I want to fit my agenda.

Or he was injured for a long time in the 1st half of the season and was bad but he got healthy and got better and def carried down the stretch. We can both pretend we watched Wizards games :lol but only 1 of us did.