PDA

View Full Version : Did guys such as Bill Laimbeer barely miss the All-Defensive each time?

72-10
10-21-2021, 02:53 AM
What about Derek Harper? Any Knicks?

Axe
10-21-2021, 02:54 AM
He harassed mj back then before he went on to cry to the refs about it.

72-10
10-21-2021, 03:29 AM
I'm not sure I'd call it harassment so much as assault, but he claimed he did it to send a message, and Mike's the only player he treated like that.

hateraid
10-21-2021, 01:14 PM
I'm not sure I'd call it harassment so much as assault, but he claimed he did it to send a message, and Mike's the only player he treated like that.

Wrong. He routinely did that to Barkely. But Barkley just hit him back harder.

Laimbeer was a dirty player. But I'd take him on my team. Just like we took Mahorn for that very reason

Kblaze8855
10-21-2021, 01:27 PM
Laimbeer was a good defender in that he knocked the shit outta people in the lane and likely discouraged drives in the process but he wasn’t a traditional lockdown defender. In an era that allowed him to be so dirty he helped defenses but he wasn’t personally great on D. He was a great defender like you or I would be if we just elbow a guy in the ribs and got away with it. He’d be hurt and perhaps play worse….and be distracted by the potential I’d do it again. It would be somewhat effective…but wouldn’t make me good.

Harper? Harper was really good on D. Especially since he could hand check and usually get away with it.

SouBeachTalents
10-21-2021, 01:53 PM
What I wanna know is how the hell did Marion & Sheed never make an All-Defensive team once

Hey Yo
10-21-2021, 02:18 PM
Bill's flopping was quite comical.

getting_old
10-21-2021, 02:24 PM
Wrong. He routinely did that to Barkely. But Barkley just hit him back harder.

Laimbeer was a dirty player. But I'd take him on my team. Just like we took Mahorn for that very reason

great hi-lite, Parish clocking him was better, would enjoy seeing the tape for the righteous clocking Bob Lanier gave Laimbeer (resulting in the cancellation of Bob Lanier Night for the Pistons)