PDA

View Full Version : Mavericks at Hawks tonight at 7:30 EST - Luka vs Trae Year 4

RicksPlace
10-21-2021, 04:19 PM
Two of the best young prospects in the league going head to head tonight in Atlanta! Which team should be the favorite and which player do you think is going to have a better year?

HBK_Kliq_2
10-21-2021, 04:47 PM
Trae is better but both teams don't have the supporting cast to be serious contenders. Should still be a fun game.

fsvr54
10-21-2021, 05:03 PM
You're on crack if you don't think Hawks aren't contenders. We were injured last year

ShawkFactory
10-21-2021, 05:19 PM
The thing with Trae is he needs to be more consistent. I thought in the playoffs he did a better job of contributing when his shot wasn’t falling, which was my previous criticism of him. But Lukas size will automatically make him more useful when he’s off

insight
10-21-2021, 11:28 PM
The thing with Trae is he needs to be more consistent. I thought in the playoffs he did a better job of contributing when his shot wasn’t falling, which was my previous criticism of him. But Lukas size will automatically make him more useful when he’s off

Not really, Trae is a true point, his first priority to running the offense, and controlling the tempo of the game. Even on off shooting nights, his has a big impact on the game with his elite passing.

ShawkFactory
10-21-2021, 11:42 PM
Not really, Trae is a true point, his first priority to running the offense, and controlling the tempo of the game. Even on off shooting nights, his has a big impact on the game with his elite passing.

He’s had a tendency to force things in the past and kind of spiral. Which he’s gotten way better about as I mentioned

insight
10-22-2021, 12:09 AM
He’s had a tendency to force things in the past and kind of spiral. Which he’s gotten way better about as I mentioned
He had to force things because he was playing with scubs for the most part I agree he is has improved, but the biggest change has been the supporting cast and coaching which allows him to rely on his team mates more. The only point I disagree with you is that Luka is more impactful due to his size when his shot is off. Trae is such a prolific passer I think they both are equally capable of impacting the game in different ways when thier shots are not falling.

dirkdiggler41
10-22-2021, 10:19 AM

He had to force things because he was playing with scubs for the most part I agree he is has improved, but the biggest change has been the supporting cast and coaching which allows him to rely on his team mates more. The only point I disagree with you is that Luka is more impactful due to his size when his shot is off. Trae is such a prolific passer I think they both are equally capable of impacting the game in different ways when thier shots are not falling.

He still takes bad shots and he is inconsistent around the basket. Like you can never tell when he shoots a floater if it is going to go in or based on the difficulty on the shot. He would be incredible if he had a good shot selection, but then he would be considered an offensive juggernaut.

sea4498
10-22-2021, 10:28 AM
Cam Reddish also played great with 20 Pts! https://youtu.be/WInl5MWQZyg

imdaman99
10-22-2021, 10:59 AM
Trae lets players on his team get better as well. Haven't seen that with Luka, at least not consistently.

insight
10-22-2021, 12:36 PM
He still takes bad shots and he is inconsistent around the basket. Like you can never tell when he shoots a floater if it is going to go in or based on the difficulty on the shot. He would be incredible if he had a good shot selection, but then he would be considered an offensive juggernaut.

What are you talking about, he already is an offensive juggernaut. Trae has the best floater in the game. He is reading the help defense, based the read he shoots the floater or passes the lob or kicks it out. Trae and Luka both take ill advised shots at times but under Nate McMillan Trae's shot selection especially in the 4th quarter have been very good.

expansionera
10-22-2021, 01:47 PM
Mavs get blown out by 30, all the discussion is criticism of Trae’s game despite Luka’s shit conditioning, efficiency, shooting, and turnovers. Gotta love NBA fans self inserting as the flabby “regular guy”

fsvr54
10-22-2021, 02:06 PM
Hunter locked Luka up too as well. That is being ignored, fat or not.

baudkarma
10-23-2021, 12:17 AM
Not the best start for Kidd as the Mavs head coach. He looked woefully outmatched for most of the game. He wasn't ready for the Hawks gameplan, and his in-game adjustments came way too late.

But what's worse for Kidd is that his team just gave up in the third. The Hawks punched the Mavs hard in the mouth in the third quarter, and the Mavs just decided to give up. They were outscored 35-20 in the third, and that decided the game. They had no energy, they were just going through the motions. I can see an outmatched team giving up on a game late in the season when they're worn down. To give up the very first game of the season, the very first team of your new head coaches career with the team... that's troubling.

insight
10-23-2021, 11:42 AM
Not the best start for Kidd as the Mavs head coach. He looked woefully outmatched for most of the game. He wasn't ready for the Hawks gameplan, and his in-game adjustments came way too late.

But what's worse for Kidd is that his team just gave up in the third. The Hawks punched the Mavs hard in the mouth in the third quarter, and the Mavs just decided to give up. They were outscored 35-20 in the third, and that decided the game. They had no energy, they were just going through the motions. I can see an outmatched team giving up on a game late in the season when they're worn down. To give up the very first game of the season, the very first team of your new head coaches career with the team... that's troubling.

The Mavs will be alright, the Hawks had the advantage of continuity with so many returning players, being familar with Nate's coaching style and system. It will take some time for Dallas to build chemistry, if they still are not clicking by December, then I would be concerned about Kidd and the direction of the team moving forward.