PDA

View Full Version : give me the REAL scoop- do NBA players smoke weed?

KobesOneUglyTat
07-17-2007, 03:46 PM
no, i dont want to hear from a nerd like chad ford or john hollinger, nor do i want an ignorant fan speaking off stereyotypes.

i am looking for someone who knows what the lives of NBA players are really like. i believe NBA players are drug tested numerous times each year, and i dont think the league is conducting neophyte tests that are easily circumvented. so do some NBA players really still smoke up? does melo blaze at AI's house or is it just a myth?

Excentric
07-17-2007, 03:47 PM
No ****. You think they magically get caught with weed in their bags because it's fun carrying it around?

Darsh
07-17-2007, 03:49 PM
no i dont want to hear from a nerd like chad ford or john hollinger, not do i want an ingorant fan speaking off stereyotypes.

i am looking for someone who really knows what the lives of NBA players are like. i believe NBA players are drug teated numerous times each year, and i dont think the league is conducting neophyte tests that are easily circumvented. so do some NBA players really still smoke up? does melo blaze at AI's house or is it just a myth?

:oldlol: haha, boy i hope so. Certainly wouldnt surprise me if lots of NBA players did smoke. But im not in any position to make accusations.

mista_fraza
07-17-2007, 03:51 PM
of course man a lot of them do and then when the guys like carmelo and damon stoudemire get caught they pay smeone off to take the blame for them.....ive also heard lamar odom can always be found at the local mini mart buyin some dutches....dont think hes buyin them to smoke the tobacco

Darsh
07-17-2007, 03:52 PM
Melo only has puppy fat because he gets the munchies a little too often.

qwerty
07-17-2007, 03:54 PM
Ask Jeff, he goes to all them NBA parties.

knicks15
07-17-2007, 03:54 PM
u can beat a drug test with a "flush" u can get at places at GNC for like $50. i dont know how rigorous the testing in the NBA is and if this flush could beat that test, but i wouldnt be surprised. and of course the ones whove been caught with it have been smokin, which probably means that there are ways around it

Richie2k6
07-17-2007, 03:55 PM
Damon Stoudamire and Rasheed Wallace got booked for marijuana a few years back.

Darsh
07-17-2007, 03:56 PM
u can beat a drug test with a "flush" u can get at places at GNC for like $50. i dont know how rigorous the testing in the NBA is and if this flush could beat that test, but i wouldnt be surprised. and of course the ones whove been caught with it have been smokin, which probably means that there are ways around it

i think your boy balkman would definitely love the gunga

knicks15
07-17-2007, 03:58 PM
i think your boy balkman would definitely love the gunga

lol, definitely looks like it. n so does ur boy melo

Darsh
07-17-2007, 04:07 PM
lol, definitely looks like it. n so does ur boy melo

:pimp:

Mr_Basketball#1
07-17-2007, 04:08 PM
Sean Williams probably will get caught a couple of times...:pimp:

Excentric
07-17-2007, 04:10 PM
Actually, here's Rasheed at the airport getting caught with it. You can see the bag and everything.

Look at him look the camera (http://youtube.com/watch?v=eBGIQ7ZuuiU)

ikoiko
07-17-2007, 04:12 PM
my girlfriend went to a big party in los angeles this may, were Everybody was doing coke. There were a lot of NBA players there, but the only ones she could name was Mehmet Okur and D-Wade. She actually saw Okur sniff that stuff. Then he had started hitting on her girlfriend, haha.

She didnt see D-Wade do anything though.

Darsh
07-17-2007, 04:13 PM
Actually, here's Rasheed at the airport getting caught with it. You can see the bag and everything.

Look at him look the camera (http://youtube.com/watch?v=eBGIQ7ZuuiU)

Wow, nice footage. Surprised i've never seen that before.

KINGofTHEcourt
07-17-2007, 04:17 PM
Yeah, guys get caught with the stuff too. OJ Mayo got caught with some last year, but they can always get out of it by convincing friends to take the blame. One of Mayo's friends took the blame because Mayo probably promised to take care of him down the road for it.

I'm also sure Odom got caught with a green thumb once or twice.

There was also an ESPN article about this a while back. I'll try to find it.

EDIT: Found it :
http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2/story?page=pearlman/070516&sportCat=nba (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eBGIQ7ZuuiU)

Excentric
07-17-2007, 04:20 PM
Damn it!

Mr_Basketball#1
Yeah, guys get caught with the stuff too. OJ Mayo got caught with some last year, but they can always get out of it by convincing friends to take the blame. One of Mayo's friends took the blame because Mayo probably promised to take care of him down the road for it.

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2/story?page=pearlman/070516&sportCat=nba (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eBGIQ7ZuuiU)

That link took me to Youtube...

Mr_Basketball#1

Mr_Basketball#1

Darsh
07-17-2007, 04:21 PM

Decent article, Espn always seem to go a little over the top though.

PP34Deuce
07-17-2007, 04:22 PM
The nba predominantly black League.......

Over half of the players are from the hood,or a hood like area... where weed is prominent.

Id say 70 percent smoke.

Paul Pierce,Baron Davis i know for a fact smoke.
Lebron admitted to smoking,im sure he does it every now n then.

Marijuana isnt an addiction, guys can go months bein busy playing basketball,then in the summer time light up a couple times a week, then turn it off for the season.

but then Ricky Williams(NFL) i guess is addicted to marijuana then.....

KINGofTHEcourt
07-17-2007, 04:24 PM
ZOMG, no way, i'll get right on to fixing that.
Wtf, you've never been Rick Roll'd before?

Excentric
07-17-2007, 04:27 PM
Was this the article you were looking for?

OJ Mayo busted with Marijuana (http://youtube.com/watch?v=eBGIQ7ZuuiU)

Pretty interesting read.

Admiral
07-17-2007, 04:35 PM
i worked with a guy whose brother hung out with mike bibby in his Arizona days...said he and his "crew" smoked all the time.

mista_fraza
07-17-2007, 05:06 PM
whaaaat the fu<k i clicked on that link to rasheed gettin caught up and i see some red headed fool singing and dancing hahahaa

Showtime
07-17-2007, 05:12 PM
Remember when Odom was a weed fiend in Miami?

SRZ66
07-17-2007, 05:20 PM
stockton, malone and ostertag used to smoke all the time in the back of malone's 18 wheeler after practice

dejordan
07-17-2007, 05:27 PM
robert parish copped to it back in the day.

J_Rock3ts
07-18-2007, 03:33 AM
whaaaat the fu<k i clicked on that link to rasheed gettin caught up and i see some red headed fool singing and dancing hahahaa

Sounds like you got Rick Rolled.

Bigjesus
07-18-2007, 07:16 AM
I've smoked with a guy who plays on the Knicks who used to go to UW, at a mutual friends house in the seattle area back in the summer before he went to UW. hint hint.

When I was in HS I sold a lot of herb, I fronted a decent amount to one of my friends and he swore he was taking it to Rashard Lewis' house. Can't confirm that one, but I'd say it's likely Rashard's a smoker or has been.

I would venture to guess that every team in the league has 1-3 guys that clown around and smoke up in the offseason, but I sincerely doubt more than 10 guys are day to day smokers in the league. That **** taxes your body and lungs, you wouldn't be able to compete at their level being a heavy smoker.

RoseCity07
07-18-2007, 07:33 AM
As a Blazer fan I can tell you yes.

Rasheed Wallace for sure.

Damon Stoudamire got caught at an airport with it wrapped in aluminum foil.

Isiah Rider

Zach Randolph had weed leafs in his teeth he was so high when getting pulled over

Lamar Odem I have heard is a pot head too

SO yeah of course NBA players do, the losers mostly though.

SCREWstonRockets
07-18-2007, 09:45 AM
Kareem said he use to smoke it back when he played to relive stress and pain. I agree with him 100% because smoking a nice blunt after you hoop or work out is extremely relaxing. Ayways, didn't T-Mac say he knows guys that toke up and still go out and drop 30pts? I believe I read it on this site. Also, on the Snoop Dog Puff Puff Pass Tour DVD, there is a part where Snoop says, "I'd like to give a shout out to my NBA smoke buddies. I ain't gonna say your name because Stern will be on that ass."

bagelred
07-18-2007, 09:46 AM
give me the REAL scoop- do NBA players smoke weed?

does a bear sh-t in the woods?

xxxSuperStar
07-18-2007, 01:57 PM
Two players:

Robert "The Chief" Parrish
James "Buddha" Edwards

Parrish also got busted for receiving pot through the mail.

Wicked_1
07-18-2007, 04:40 PM
As a Blazer fan I can tell you yes.

Rasheed Wallace for sure.

Damon Stoudamire got caught at an airport with it wrapped in aluminum foil.

Isiah Rider

Zach Randolph had weed leafs in his teeth he was so high when getting pulled over

Lamar Odem I have heard is a pot head too

SO yeah of course NBA players do, the losers mostly though.

i can totally vouch for Zach randolph, d-miles and qyntell woods. i use to see those cats at a local club almost every weekend during the off season and during the season and those dudes would just be ripped out of there minds. I got some pics with Zach and D-miles and you should check out how lifted those guys look in the pics. When Omar cook was on the blazers squad too a couple years back he would always be with them but he always looked straight sippin on heinekens but Q, Miles and Zach would always looked straight bent with blood shot eyes! they even talk openly about it too, my buddy had a black & mild cig in his ear and Zach asked if it was a "blizzy" and said "lets puff homie". that was last year though......

I saw Miles at Greek Cuisina about 2 weeks ago (yes he has definately gained weight and looks like a chickmunk) and he was blazed, he was only with a female this time and she was fly!

southerndownfan
07-18-2007, 05:23 PM
hahaha...I remember during the playoffs watching one of the games cant remember which one but it was on tnt and during halftime , kenny , chuck, and the rest of the gang interviewed Baron Davis and J. Rich via satilite from J. Rich's house after their win over Dallas. Baron Davis looked and talked like him was lit up!!! hahaha.

But really, of coarse many Nba player toke...and yes the Nba does test but do you really think they are going to tell us which players fail drug test. Come on, this is big business here, Stern doesnt want anything to hurt the name. There are tons of detox products on the market anywhere from GMC to your local headshop. Players can use these just like anyone else in america does to pass UAs.

dantin003
07-18-2007, 07:08 PM
I have blazed with Mario Kasun, Dirk, Peja, and C-Webb at this charity basketball tournament in Europe a few years ago. Hope this helps!!!!

DTD
07-18-2007, 08:37 PM
GP used to toke it up big time at Oregon. I have a 2 buddies who said they smoked with him on a few occasions.

Kareem has been a smoker since his UCLA days, and was caught speeding a few years ago with a quarter of sticky green sitting on the passenger seat.

Bill Walton used to attend Dead shows in the Bay area 15 years ago and was spotted plenty of times in "circles."

DTD
07-18-2007, 08:38 PM
On a side note, Sam Perkins looked perma-stoned.

playtetris
07-19-2007, 11:37 AM
I have blazed with Mario Kasun, Dirk, Peja, and C-Webb at this charity basketball tournament in Europe a few years ago. Hope this helps!!!!

how did this come about?
details please! :cheers:

mista_fraza
07-19-2007, 04:36 PM
I've smoked with a guy who plays on the Knicks who used to go to UW, at a mutual friends house in the seattle area back in the summer before he went to UW. hint hint.

When I was in HS I sold a lot of herb, I fronted a decent amount to one of my friends and he swore he was taking it to Rashard Lewis' house. Can't confirm that one, but I'd say it's likely Rashard's a smoker or has been.

I would venture to guess that every team in the league has 1-3 guys that clown around and smoke up in the offseason, but I sincerely doubt more than 10 guys are day to day smokers in the league. That **** taxes your body and lungs, you wouldn't be able to compete at their level being a heavy smoker.

wait so you smoked with nate robinson? thats sick lil nates a pimp

dleave
07-19-2007, 10:24 PM
I don't know what generation most of you guys are from or what part of the world, but I'm from a real small town in No. CA and I can tell you that probably around 80% of the people around here my age smoke. Probably about half that smoke on a regular basis. I hopped all over CA in college and it was pretty much the same thing.

The point is, I'm guessing weed is pretty prevalent in most circles and I don't see why the NBA would be any different. I would guess players aren't failing tests all the time because the NBA isn't useing any of the advanced tests cause they probably don't really care if their players are smoking weed and don't want them getting suspended and missing games.

i seen hippos
07-19-2007, 10:25 PM
does a bear sh-t in the woods?

Grizzly.

baseketball4life
07-20-2007, 12:40 AM
yea one of my co-workers is on probation for marijuana and he uses something like that and smokes a lot still but passes every test. and he gets tested every other day

Myth
07-20-2007, 04:01 AM
He was a super nice guy, but you know Brian Grant had to love pot. His idol was Bob Marley.

Mr Exlax
12-26-2019, 08:42 PM
Kinda old but definitely worth bumping. Hell yeah they do.